• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm a merciful god & I like you corky, that's why I spare you the defeat. we should hook you up with someone else instead

Deaf mu-who? Got some sexy german dudettes for me? I'm all ears...

Also I already speak Swedish so Germans should understand me no problem.

Fritz

Guise LOOK, I found this antique rendition of the DeutschGAF thread!!!!

175500_0.jpg

IHaveIce

Banned
Nipple pic's ? Now I'm listening.

trab pu kcip still has to clarify what her fetish is, it has to do with 35 gnomes. That's all we know so far.

because the whole fool industry is fucked up but the general population treats it with an "ignorance is bliss" approach.
maybe you wouldn't care, but some (more) people would if they would be confronted with what happens behind the curtains on a regular basis.

Well I get your point and I guess it might "help" in convincing people to do different. However this certain example is not helpfull I think because most people won't associate it with eating meat. The impact is just not big enough - 700 is a small number and piglets don't sound like "food" to most people. The problem is there are not many viable alternatives for the whole population just different solutions whithin each persons "morale" standards.

raindoc

Well I get your point and I guess it might "help" in convincing people to do different. However this certain example is not helpfull I think because most people won't associate it with eating meat. The impact is just not big enough - 700 is a small number and piglets don't sound like "food" to most people. The problem is there are not many viable alternatives for the whole population just different solutions whithin each persons "morale" standards.

there#s a lot of alternatives. i, for example, only eat meat if i know where it came from (well, honestly: 90% of the time. sometimes i can't help myself, which i'm not proud of, but i want to be honest here). i buy it from local farmers, which i could visit anytime and/or have it sent to me by a good friend who is a bio-bauer himself (www.vetterhof.at).
almost the same goes for vegetables: i won't buy spanish tomatoes in december, i eat seasonal, local products (again, 90% of the time, i'm not perfect and don't claim to be, but i make an effort).
food is an enviromental issue at least as big as oil, but it doesn't get half of the attention, unless there's horsemeat labeled as beef or spanish cucumbers coated in EHEC...

EDIT: also: the heap of 700 dead piglets on the side of the road doesn't look like a small number to me. and i do see a connection with food, because they were destined to be food. just publish the pic with the caption: this is why you can buy pig meat for x.xx€/$/etc per kilo.

there#s a lot of alternatives. i, for example, only eat meat if i know where it came from (well, honestly: 90% of the time. sometimes i can't help myself, which i'm not proud of, but i want to be honest here). i buy it from local farmers, which i could visit anytime and/or have it sent to me by a good friend who is a bio-bauer himself (www.vetterhof.at).
almost the same goes for vegetables: i won't buy spanish tomatoes in december, i eat seasonal, local products (again, 90% of the time, i'm not perfect and don't claim to be, but i make an effort).
food is an enviromental issue at least as big as oil, but it doesn't get half of the attention, unless there's horsemeat labeled as beef or spanish cucumbers coated in EHEC...

EDIT: also: the heap of 700 dead piglets on the side of the road doesn't look like a small number to me. and i do see a connection with food, because they were destined to be food. just publish the pic with the caption: this is why can buy pig meat for x.xx€/$/etc per kilo.

"Die vermeintliche Rechtlosigkeit der Tiere, der Wahn, dass unser Handeln gegen sie ohne moralische Bedenken sei, ist eine geradezu empörende Barbarei des Abendlandes. Die Tiere sind kein Fabrikat zu unserem Gebrauch. Nicht Erbarmen, sondern Gerechtigkeit ist man den Tieren schuldig"

I heard it was 69 gnomes. There was some confusion in the thread...

you are killing me xD

Fritz

"Die vermeintliche Rechtlosigkeit der Tiere, der Wahn, dass unser Handeln gegen sie ohne moralische Bedenken sei, ist eine geradezu empörende Barbarei des Abendlandes. Die Tiere sind kein Fabrikat zu unserem Gebrauch. Nicht Erbarmen, sondern Gerechtigkeit ist man den Tieren schuldig"

Read about Schopenhauer's birthday yesterday too!

I believe it's an issue to be resolved technologically this century, with the development of mass produced, high quality synthetic meats.

What am I doing with my life?.............

Brb going to the hospital for leadpoisoning.

shocked-10wefh.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
Wow now I really have to get you something, I don't even have paypal lol.

But nice body, nobody should be able to ask you if you even lift!

EDIT: DAMMIT FRITZ

Dude spoiler that. It's ugly!

Just grabbed the latest issue of my favorite magazine Monocle. The whole issue is on Germany!

[*clicky*]

The mag is fantastic in general and it's a worldwide release (albeit in assorted shops). I highly recommend it without having actually looked into it. Should be super informative if you're only mildly interested in German politics, economics and lifestyle.
I thought that was a giant gummy bear attached to the front of the magazine. I would have bought it if it was. :(

Ich bin Corky, das kleine krokodil. Comment tu t'appelle?

:lol This reminded me of the german kids short/song.

EDIT: also: the heap of 700 dead piglets on the side of the road doesn't look like a small number to me. and i do see a connection with food, because they were destined to be food. just publish the pic with the caption: this is why you can buy pig meat for x.xx€/$/etc per kilo.

Oh there are a lot of alternatives I admit that and everyone justifies the one he is currently living. From eating as much meat for as cheap as possible to licking stones and not touching fruit. There are a lot of factors - personality, morale, money, time, etc. when it comes to food I just don't believe you can change someone radically with 700 about to be killed piglets. Printing a picture of the millions of male chicks killed and the female ones hatched into an efficient "Legebatterie" on a egg carton might help a lot more - this is my point. Showing the "meat" right before it is processed might be the better way because the piglets look more like pets and the association that those might have become pigs ridden with filth and dirt controlled by electric shocks and antibiotics is missing or suppressed.

I know the food from the Vetterhof as I know many farmers from that region. Still even some of them had a big problem when it came to cheese. Some "bio farmers" bought chicken shit from Germany full with antibiotics for their grass - the cows eat that and now the cheese quality suffers mysteriously. Money ...

Corky

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PM IT YOU FOOL

I'm sick of hiding my love for you. Rest of GAF needs to know.

Wow now I really have to get you something, I don't even have paypal lol.

But nice body, nobody should be able to ask you if you even lift!

One open mouth kiss will do just fine.

I don't lift anymore ;( shoulder injury. One day I will return to lifting things and putting them down.

Corky

Goodnight Deutschland. I am going to try not to think about what transpired on this page.

Like this, for example.

Goodnight sweet prince ♥♥♥

Sleep tight, don't let the [insertlistofdeadlyaustraliananimalspecies] bite.

raindoc

Oh there are a lot of alternatives I admit that and everyone justifies the one he is currently living. From eating as much meat for as cheap as possible to licking stones and not touching fruit. There are a lot of factors - personality, morale, money, time, etc. when it comes to food I just don't believe you can change someone radically with 700 about to be killed piglets. Printing a picture of the millions of male chicks killed and the female ones hatched into an efficient "Legebatterie" on a egg carton might help a lot more - this is my point. Showing the "meat" right before it is processed might be the better way because the piglets look more like pets and the association that those might have become pigs ridden with filth and dirt controlled by electric shocks and antibiotics is missing or suppressed.

I know the food from the Vetterhof as I know many farmers from that region. Still even some of them had a big problem when it came to cheese. Some "bio farmers" bought chicken shit from Germany full with antibiotics for their grass - the cows eat that and now the cheese quality suffers mysteriously. Money ...

no. most certainly not. but it is one step - and we have actually come a long way since the 80ies, especially concerning the chicken you use as an example. there were no "freilandeier" in the 80ies, today i pretty much see nothing else.
and that happened because the general public was made aware of the circumstances and enough people decided to pay more for "non-legebatterie" eier.

it's a step by step process. i don't expect a revolution, but i want things to change slowly and showing what the status quo is, is step #1.

EDIT - (second bold part) i'm intrigued... do i maybe even know you? or are you professionally involved in these sort of things?

Goodnight Deutschland. I am going to try not to think about what transpired on this page.

austria says goodnight too. i hope you don't dream of heaps of dead meat. sorry for that, but this incident really got to me.

no. most certainly not. but it is one step - and we have actually come a long way since the 80ies, especially concerning the chicken you use as an example. there were no "freilandeier" in the 80ies, today i pretty much see nothing else.
and that happened because the general public was made aware of the circumstances and enough people decided to pay more for "non-legebatterie" eier.

it's a step by step process. i don't expect a revolution, but i want things to change slowly and showing what the status quo is, is step #1.

EDIT - i'm intrigued... do i maybe even know you? or are you professionally involved i these sort of thing?

I am not professionally involved in anything but I think it is an important topic. Also I know the Vetterhof - I sometimes buy stuff from them at the local market before drinking a glass of wine on saturdays at the cafe behind their booth :)

raindoc

I am not professionally involved in anything but I think it is an important topic. Also I know the Vetterhof - I sometimes buy stuff from them at the local market before drinking a glass of wine on saturdays at the cafe behind their booth :)

damnit! we need to meet next time i'm back home in Lustenau!

How advanced do you mean? At the pretertiary level (the two years before university) we had quite specialized history courses. For example, one course for Australian history, one course for "Modern World History" (Major 20th century events with a focus on WW1 and 2) etc. The level of depth in high school generally was quite poor, but I think that's typical for schools around the world.

"Advanced" is only a name. On the highest school you can visit in Germany you have two years (12 and 13) where you have to choose between two basic subjects and two advanced subjects to get your general qualification for university entrance ("Abitur"). In those four subjects you have to do oral and written tests.
The "advanced" courses are supposed to be more challenging or going more into the deep. But it's mostly stupid. And most of the time it's wiser to choose the subject by the teacher who teaches it and you get along with the best.

The only thing you get thaught today about UK-history is part of the industrial revolution as well as the british revolution in terms of the first constitutional monarchy.

It's missing so much. :/

British history and the history of the US are far more interesting. :(

raindoc

"Advanced" is only a name. On the highest school you can visit in Germany you have two years (12 and 13) where you have to choose between two basic subjects and two advanced subjects to get your general qualification for university entrance ("Abitur"). In those four subjects you have to do oral and written tests.
The "advanced" courses are supposed to be more challenging or going more into the deep. But it's mostly stupid. And most of the time it's wiser to choose the subject by the teacher who teaches it and you get along with the best.

or the school. i chose "theology" (religionskunde) as one of my oral exams (along with philosophy, english & history) in my (catholic convent) school. graduated summa cum laude and still have no idea how that came to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom