• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
or the school. i chose "theology" (religionskunde) as one of my oral exams (along with philosophy, english & history) in my (catholic convent) school. graduated summa cum laude and still have no idea how that came to be.

I had three A in my graduation. In arts, sports and religion. :D

raindoc

Fritz

I am off to a cottage in Brandenburg now. Expecting to be eaten by wolfs. No idea about internet conectivity there either.

Pray for me!

Fritz

I see time for my paranoia to kick in - well in a few days. I still need some recovery time from my infection.

How many days should I wait until I assume your position at GAF and all the wealth and fame that comes with it?

If I don't report back till Sunday night. You can have it all but expect to be ignored 8 out of 10 times.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
What's the story with Hasslehoff and Germany?

Hey! you're awake!

scaled.php

raindoc

What's the story with Hasslehoff and Germany?

aren't you supposed to be asleep?

but to answer your question: i have no fucking idea why he's so big over her. i mean, he's big in an ironic way nowadays, but back then?
no clue. i loved him as a kid. one of my first memories ever is watching Knight Rider (and Captain Future), so for me this is pure "good ole times"-wanking. i'm not really fond of hasslehoff (although i like to point out that i saw him live), i'm rather shocked by what has become of him... but i love "Michael Knight" and K.I.T.T.

His songs reunited Berlin. True story (according to the Hoff himself)

also this.

Hey! you're awake!

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg877/scaled.php?tn=0&server=877&filename=qwuhsa.jpg&xsize=480&ysize=480[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="raindoc, post: 48093639"]aren't you supposed to be asleep?[/QUOTE]

It's 8 : 45am. I got as many as 5 hours sleep!

[quote]but to answer your question: i have no fucking idea why he's so big over her. i mean, he's big in an ironic way nowadays, but back then?
no clue. i loved him as a kid. one of my first memories ever is watching Knight Rider (and Captain Future), so for me this is pure "good ole times"-wanking. i'm not really fond of hasslehoff (although i like to point out that i saw him live), i'm rather shocked by what has become of him... but i love "Michael Knight" and K.I.T.T.

also this.[/QUOTE]

[quote="ElTopo, post: 48093649"]I don't get this question. Are you asking me why the greatest star of all time is popular in Germany ?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIoTBi9ydkw[/url]

I don't get this question. Are you asking me why the greatest star of all time is popular in Germany ?

Edit:
Gibt es eigentlich irgendwelche legalen Möglichkeiten ausser UK (sofern vorhanden) or US-Import um bestimmte Serien zu schauen die in Deutschland anderweitig nicht erhältlich sind bzw. eventuell nie ausgestrahlt wurden ? Daria kommt mir da beispielsweise in den Sinn.

Nicht wirklich - legal gehts eigentlich nur für eher aktuelle Sachen über Netflix, etc.
Daria hab ich damals noch auf MTV gesehen :)

Ich hab übrigens ein Foto von mir (über 20 Jahre alt) in dem ich im "originalen" Knight Rider sitze. Also muss ich fast Fan sein...

"Advanced" is only a name. On the highest school you can visit in Germany you have two years (12 and 13) where you have to choose between two basic subjects and two advanced subjects to get your general qualification for university entrance ("Abitur"). In those four subjects you have to do oral and written tests.
The "advanced" courses are supposed to be more challenging or going more into the deep. But it's mostly stupid. And most of the time it's wiser to choose the subject by the teacher who teaches it and you get along with the best.

Oh, sounds like Advanced is the same as our Pre-tertiary units in function. I obviously can't speak for the state of the German school system, though. I was lucky enough to get pretty good teachers, but then again it was a Catholic school so it was basically semi-private.

Katholische Schule und dann hier so herumhuren? Das sind mir die liebesten ... tss tss tss.

Loving the g translate on this one:

"Catholic school and then here so fornicate? That to me is the most loving ... tss tss tss."

The Catholic school system produces many oustanding young Atheists, don't you worry :p

Edit: HIVEMIND

vitacola

Seems like a German translates this armed with a dictionary, probably the 5th grade me.
Got to remember "fornicate", never heard of it before.

vitacola

There is a commercial of a sex page (I think it's a strip show page) on German TV which promotes a remote controlled "Fleshlight". The actress controls the stimulation of your dick with it. So that's probably true.

Oh, damn. The "should/would/could/must of"-Thread (I'm still baffled how a native speaker can produce such a fuck up) taught me that starting a sentence with "so" is wrong. Damn you, native speakers!

same thing with you/you're, or their/there/they're.

Their pronounced the same so I definitely could of done it myself.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Bye Germany, I'm leaving forever! Thanks for the pint, Fritz!

See you losers later, I'm off to sunny Ukraine.

I just watched the Hobbit in German. That's all I have to say about that.

I used to be so good in my english classes at school but now everything got fucked up :/
sometimes I'm not even sure how to place apostrophes correctly :X

Yeah, reading GAF as a non-native English speaker will screw your grammer. I'm afraid the same with happen to me when reading this thread's german posts :I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom