• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWJFBTS.gif

raindoc

Got some frankfurts ready to go for breakfast. That's German, right? It's gotta be, they're called frankfurts.

FrankfurtER
(aka Wiener, or Sacher)

and noone here eats them for breakfast :p

EDIT: fuck battlefield. currently it makes me want to perform a finishing move on my controller.

Just double checked the packaging, it does indeed say "Frankfurts" and not "Frankfurters".

And if this is crazy, I don't want to be sane.

OM NOM NOM.

eating meat for breakfast is crazy

Bacon is very common for breakfast, although I do understand that you aren't the sort who would eat that, either ;)

Ah that reminds me.

I assume that German-Austrian relations are very good - is there any animosity between the two modern states? Perhaps a little bit of sibling rivalry, similar to what we have with Australia and New Zealand? Do Austrians feel very nationalistic and independent, or would they be content with a union between the DFR and themselves? I understand that it could probably never happen politically because of historical comparisons to WWII, but I just wanted to know how the people in Austria felt.

Ah that reminds me.

I assume that German-Austrian relations are very good - is there any animosity between the two modern states? Perhaps a little bit of sibling rivalry, similar to what we have with Australia and New Zealand? Do Austrians feel very nationalistic and independent, or would they be content with a union between the DFR and themselves? I understand that it could probably never happen politically because of historical comparisons to WWII, but I just wanted to know how the people in Austria felt.

you would be a pretty good talkshow host. haha
but indeed, how are the people in austria feeling? don't be afraid to show your emotions guys

german dub is pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhZYJ5NfUkE

Ah that reminds me.

Osterreich uber alles!!

raindoc

Ah that reminds me.

legally it is impossible to merge austria with germany since WWII ("Anschlussverbot")

but even if it were possible noone would want it, especially the austrians.
germans aren't actually that popular here, which is partially due to the fact that they close down our highways anytime there's a holiday season (in winter they come to austria for skiing, in summer they drive through to get to italy) and also due to the fact that austria is and always has been some sort of "little brother".
we austrians are not intrinsically hostile, but you'll have to endure a lot of jokes if you're german and live here.

common nicknames for germans are "Piefke" (i have actually no idea where that one comes from) or MOF (Mensch Ohne Freunde = Human without friends), whereas the germans call us "Ösis" (from Österreich) or "Schluchtenscheisser" (ravine-shitters, because 2/3rd of austria are mountains) and generally share that big brother-little brother sentiment between the two nations.

Ah that reminds me.

The only thing I know is that you shouldn't ask an Austrian if he's from Bavaria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom