• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badass. He did the German synchro for King Haggard from the movie 'The Last Unicorn', which thus sounds strangely exotic and unique. Never really liked his Dracula though, but that's probably because the movies didn't really age that well.

The video was removed from YT now, but there was an amusing anecdote from Lord of the Rings, when Peter Jackson was explaining to Lee how he wanted him to sound when he got stabbed in the back. And Chris says something to the effect of "Do you know, Peter, the sound a man makes when he is stabbed in the back?" and then proceeds to explain precisely the sound a man makes, from his first-hand knowledge in WWII.

raindoc

The video was removed from YT now, but there was an amusing anecdote from Lord of the Rings, when Peter Jackson was explaining to Lee how he wanted him to sound when he got stabbed in the back. And Chris says something to the effect of "Do you know, Peter, the sound a man makes when he is stabbed in the back?" and then proceeds to explain precisely the sound a man makes, from his first-hand knowledge in WWII.

that's both horrible and badass at the same time. he served with the long range desert patrol in northern africa, right?

that's both horrible and badass at the same time. he served with the long range desert patrol in northern africa, right?

He did all sorts of things, was in the Special Operations Executive as well as the SAS at various points. Did all sorts of cloak and dagger spy shit he's not allowed to talk about in detail, even now.

raindoc

i just read up on that story. apparently he asked Jackson the question "have you ever heard etc." and when Jackson replied "No" Lee simply responded with "Well, I have, and I know what to do."

holyfuck.gif

Bollocks

Is it not the case that Austrians are Germans, ethnically, linguistically and culturally (please don't kill me)? I don't mean that they don't have their own identity, but that they belong to the same closely related pan-national group. Germany was a union of Germanic states, but Austria did not join originally. Großdeutschland arguments and all that.

My knowledge of German Unification comes from Victoria 2...

If you have to label it then Austria is more Slavic than German really. Austria is and has always been a multi-cultural country. There are many places in Austria where German is not the only official language. Although those are minorities they define a great chunk of Austria's identity.

mjAUT

Fun fact: there are only 4 KFCs (all of them in Vienna) and zero Pizza Huts in Austria.

IMO it's one of the worst Austrian songs ever.

dj-otzi-151225u4sg8.jpg
dj-otzi-151225u4sg8.jpg

dj-otzi-151225u4sg8.jpg
dj-otzi-151225u4sg8.jpg

TCRS

Banned
I think this is a law of the German thread. Every two pages Döner Kebap must me discussed!

I'm getting some today.

raindoc

Who needs "American style fast food", if one can have the best fastfood in the world?

Döner Kebab.

I'd rather award this title to a Bosna (Austria) or a Currywurst (Germany) than to a Döner.

But yeah, everyone has a different taste ;)

Käsdönnala

Blixa Bargeld (singing the part of Kylie Minogue) and Nick Cave doing Where the Wild Roses Grow is another fine example of German-Austrian cooperation.

i prefer the pure austrian version with kylie.

CTLance

Bavarian fast food time!

Brezn + Leberwurst > Brezn + Butter > *

A good Liverwurst is imperative. Must be smoked, and the fine variant.

Such a great combo with the Pretzel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom