• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
DarknessTear said:
Well he destroyed me with a good connection and I'm satisfied. Thanks for teaching me how much I suck, Lyte Edge! :lol

I like the way you play Dan and I think you should work on him more than Ken! Good matches man, don't put yourself down! :)

hwateber

GalacticAE said:
The guy I'm up against hasnn't been on. I sent him a friend request and a message.
Hey man, sorry I've been playing through KZ2 single player :lol . Now that I'm done with that though I can meet you up for our match. I sent you a pm before I saw your post so it's basically worthless now :p

Stantron

Grifter vs Stantron
Grifter wins 6-0.

GG Grifter. Even without the lag, that Bison would have destroyed me.

LuCkymoON said:
LuCkymoON vs Phaethon0017
LuCkymoON wins 6-2

GG Phaethon! You are rusty but don't be discouraged.:D

I'll just have to see about getting in some more practice. With Killzone 2 being my main squeeze right now, I'll just have to prepare to lose my next elimination round :lol.

LowParry

Oichi said:
Hm the earliest I can get on is 10PM my time, which is around 8 - 9am your time I think.

Hrm. Any time after 11:30 am (MST) time works for me. I'll be on around that time if you can.

MIMIC

Banned
Rummy Bunnz said:
I hope I had it set to 99! If I didn't I goofed.

No, I wasn't referring to you or anything...just the rules in general. I haven't paid any attention to the time of any of my matches so far. I was just reading the rules of another forum's SF4 tournament and they specified that there was no time limit. It just reminded me of our tournament's time limit.

And is it first to 6 rounds or first to win 2 matches?

First to win 2 matches.

y2dvd

Hey Lyte Edge I'll still play if you want, but it have to be on my friends ps3 since mines died atm. I'll find out tomorrow after work if this is possible. If not, I'll forfeit the match. =(

Enk

makes good threads.
Those were some amazingly close matches My Dingling! I was really sweating it out there towards the end. Most of them, including the final one, ended with a sllther of health on both sides. I hope to play you again sometime soon!

First match:
Chun-li (Enk) vs Cammy (My D): 3-2

Second match:
Chun-li (Enk) vs Cammy (My D): 2-3

Third match:
Dictator (Enk) vs Cammy (My D): 3-2

Winner- Enk

LuCkymoON

Banned
MIMIC said:
No, I wasn't referring to you or anything...just the rules in general. I haven't paid any attention to the time of any of my matches so far. I was just reading the rules of another forum's SF4 tournament and they specified that there was no time limit. It just reminded me of our tournament's time limit.

First to win 2 matches.
oops ^^ I thought it was Best of 5: Best of 5
"The player must win 6 rounds to advance" confused me greatly :p

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
CcrooK said:
Hrm. Any time after 11:30 am (MST) time works for me. I'll be on around that time if you can.

Well, unfortunately I will concede the match to you then, because this problem is going to happen if I win our match and move on to the next opponent. The only time I can really play against people from Europe/America is on the weekends, so I don't have any problem conceding the match to you. I'll hit you up on the weekend for a match or twenty though.:lol

Oichi said:
Well, unfortunately I will concede the match to you then, because this problem is going to happen if I win our match and move on to the next opponent. The only time I can really play against people from Europe/America is on the weekends, so I don't have any problem conceding the match to you. I'll hit you up on the weekend for a match or twenty though.:lol
Oichi?

Out completely.. Way to jack with my brackets! :p

haha

EDIT: Brackets updated!

Lots of new matchups.. but here is a recap of all the matches that need to take place! (including losers bracket) REMEMBER ITS DOUBLE ELIMINATION!!! If you lost once.. you are still in!!!

XBOX 360 Matches

Enk
vs
Shinamano

Oldschoolgamer
vs
Jirotrom

Vagrant
vs
Denali

unholyspectacle
vs
Jekki

jonbones
vs
Arstal

C-Warrior
vs
bobby conover

Motion Picture Soundtrack
vs
sonicspear64

Spooka
vs
DiddyBop

LuCymoON
vs
Cynar

Ronabo
vs
UC1

_dementia
vs
Lost Fragment

Assembly Required
vs
jube3

Archie
vs
BigAT

Timedog
vs
Rummy Bunnz

PS3 Matches

Lawblob
vs
FindMyFarms

JEKKI
vs
Killa Sasa

dfyb
vs
rikichi

GalaticAE
vs
hwateber

kiryogi
vs
Teknopathetic

Lyte Edge
vs
y2dvd

Yurinka
vs
Guled

Chamber
vs
-COOLIO-

BiffHardbody
vs
FootNinja

LowParry

Oichi said:

Aw man that's terrible. For sure though on the weekend! Stupid time zones.

CcrooK said:
I'm assuming my name isn't up there due to the concede, ja?
Ya.

I won't be home until later tonight to update the brackets.

Can't do it well from work since I have like 3 conference calls this afternoon and an offsite meeting.

LowParry

TurtleSnatcher said:
Ya.

I won't be home until later tonight to update the brackets.

Can't do it well from work since I have like 3 conference calls this afternoon and an offsite meeting.

No worries man.

hey turtle, while looking through the brackets, killa sasa should have moved to the winner bracket and i should be fighting in the D0 loser bracket.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
So if the people before me don't play, I assume I just move to the championship game, right?

...something like that?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I have a question regarding the Loser Bracket; Why are there to people who get moved to C2? C2 is only one slot, or are those two supposed to fight for C2?

Enk said:
Those were some amazingly close matches My Dingling! I was really sweating it out there towards the end. Most of them, including the final one, ended with a sllther of health on both sides. I hope to play you again sometime soon!

First match:
Chun-li (Enk) vs Cammy (My D): 3-2

Second match:
Chun-li (Enk) vs Cammy (My D): 2-3

Third match:
Dictator (Enk) vs Cammy (My D): 3-2

Winner- Enk

Haha yeah dude, it was pretty damn close. Great matches though. I'm still unable to properly combat a Chun Li and you only reinforced that for me. Also, I apoligize for my stupid 360 analog stick with that one round on bison..."Cannon Spike! Cannon Spike! Cannon Spike!"...like 3 or 4 times over your head. That felt pretty stupid, haha. GG!

Lyte Edge

y2dvd said:
Hey Lyte Edge I'll still play if you want, but it have to be on my friends ps3 since mines died atm. I'll find out tomorrow after work if this is possible. If not, I'll forfeit the match. =(

Just let me know either way! Would prefer to play!

TurtleSnatcher said:
JEKKI
vs
EraldoCoil

Hey Turtle, I beat EraldoCoil. If I'm reading the bracket right, I should be facing JEKKI, right?

Edit: Ack, stupid internet didn't let me see EC's post above

GrayFoxPL

TurtleSnatcher, please clarify on that rule here.

- Best of 5 rounds (Winner must win 3 rounds) and Best of 3 matches (In total you must win 6 rounds total to advance)

So is this 2 matches for the win or 6 rounds? It's not the same. Let's say match went 3-2 then 2 - 3 in rounds so both have won 5 rounds. So in the final match the first who wins a round has 6. Does he win after the one round or the whole match?

GrayFoxPL said:

So is this 2 matches for the win or 6 rounds? It's not the same. Let's say match went 3-2 then 2 - 3 in rounds so both have won 5 rounds. So in the final match the first who wins a round has 6. Does he win after the one round or the whole match?

I always thought it was first to win 3 Best of 3 matches. That way, you've won 6 letters, if you will.

kiryogi

Banned
Teknopathetic 6, me 1.

Good match. I look forward to the losers bracket!

I must say that was the first Sagat i've seen that really used him in a good keepaway game.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
We're doing our matchup Tuesday night- earliest we can do it.

Hopefully you don't mind- it may be a bit beyond your time limit.

Lyte Edge

Lyte Edge Vs. Taker X (360)

First match:

Cammy (Lyte) Vs. Blanka (Taker) 0-3, taker DOMINATES

Second match:

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Blanka (Taker) 2-3, closer game, but that Blanka is NAS-TEE! :lol

Lyte Edge- 2, Taker X- 6! Awesome Blanka!

Baker

Banned
Killa Sasa said:
I always thought it was first to win 3 Best of 3 matches. That way, you've won 6 letters, if you will.

The way we played it (and it seems like others are too):

1. Set up a Best of 5 match (three rounds wins the game)

2. Play three of those (or two if one person wins match 1 and 2)

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Baker said:
The way we played it (and it seems like others are too):

1. Set up a Best of 5 match (three rounds wins the game)

2. Play three of those (or two if one person wins match 1 and 2)
This is what I've been doing

Best of 3 matches, where each match is best of 5 rounds.

EraldoCoil said:
hey turtle, while looking through the brackets, killa sasa should have moved to the winner bracket and i should be fighting in the D0 loser bracket.
I will correct this when I get home.

Sorry about that.

RubxQub said:
So if the people before me don't play, I assume I just move to the championship game, right?

...something like that?

Haha.. sure? If that many people don't play.

Brobzoid said:
I have a question regarding the Loser Bracket; Why are there to people who get moved to C2? C2 is only one slot, or are those two supposed to fight for C2?

Good catch.. that whole column was suppose to be A-H.. but I made it A, C, E, G and doubled that up .. My mistake!

I will have this corrected tonight. But you are still where you are Brobzoid in the C pairing .. the other C pairing you saw will fall under a different letter which wasn't listed before.

GrayFoxPL said:

It can be best of 3 matches of 2 out of 3.. or best of 2 matches 3 out of 5.

Make sense?

Just win 6 rounds and you are good to go. First to 6 rounds..

Hope that helps!

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I sent a PM to the dude I'm matched up with just now, sorry it's been a crazy weekend. I hope I am not disqualified or anything?

Your fine.

Kintaco said:
Wow that was quick. I missed out on the sign ups. :(

Sorry.. I posted to see if anyone was interested.. tons were and it went faster then I thought. I had to keep it to a limited amount to actually start the tourney and so the tourney wouldn't last a bajillion years.

I'm sure others will follow suit soon but I can't guarantee prizing like this one :D

FYI McBradders and I are looking to play our match tonight, but trying to coordinate a game from halfway across the globe means we're trying to decide who has to wake up at 2 a.m. in order to SHORYUKEN the other. Hope we can make this work ... :p

Top Bottom