• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFchat SF4 Team Tournament. (PSN)

speaking for team galacticAE

in the team matchup GalacticAE vs. Team Gutter_Trash

player C. EraldoCoil defeats player C. Kiryogi

3-0, 3-0

ggs :D

Ploid 3.0

FindMyFarms said:
Well spiderjericho beat co_andy, about all I know of

We lost :(

And Updating everything now.

Updated, and posting for the new page. It's also in the OP.

k4cl05.jpg

Let me know if I got anything wrong.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Why did you move our team up already? I haven't fought Galactic yet, and I haven't heard about Gutter fighting Mox either.

edit: why are winners moving left? By the way it's set up aren't winners supposed to move right?

MrOctober

Banned
I PM'd B-Genius and posted in this thread and spent a good amount of time on the GAF chat on my PS3 but I haven't heard from him at all. :( I don't want to win by DQ and his team will more than likely be missing out on an easy win.

MrOctober said:
I PM'd B-Genius and posted in this thread and spent a good amount of time on the GAF chat on my PS3 but I haven't heard from him at all. :( I don't want to win by DQ and his team will more than likely be missing out on an easy win.

Don't worry man, only 4 pairs have played their matches so far anyways.

"Okay, Tekno. Ready and will be on all weekend.

Just came out of surgery to boot! Ready for a vicodin beat down?"

Oh wow, haha. I actually just recovered from surgery I had last weekend, so if you wanna wait until you feel a bit better, I understand. I don't want to hold things up if you feel okay enough to play, though.

dfyb

Banned
meet me in GAFchat when you're ready for the match, lyte edge

MrOctober said:
try messaging him on PSN?

ploid, do we bring in someone from the waiting list if he doesn't show (to replace him for the rest of tourny)?

Slayn defeats Killa Sasa [ :( ]

1-3
3-2 ( I think?)
3-2

Amazing matches, but epic choke in the last one on my part. I was up 2-0 and he came all the way back. Right now, I'm just going to concede to the fact that he's just plain better than me.

I'll make it up to you in the loser's bracket, Timekillr and captmcblack.

Brobzoid

Just so me and Galactic doesn't get DQ'd. Our match has been pushed till sunday night, potentially monday.

GalacticAE said:
I leave town thursday and won't be hom until Sunday night. So I can't get my match between then.

Ploid 3.0

dfyb said:
meet me in GAFchat when you're ready for the match, lyte edge

try messaging him on PSN?

ploid, do we bring in someone from the waiting list if he doesn't show (to replace him for the rest of tourny)?

Since it's the first round, I don't think there would be a problem with replacing him. Give him until sunday? Everyone ok with that?

dfyb

Banned
me and lyte edge played two rounds (each won one), we got disconnected, and now we can't even connect into the lobby with eachother. i guess we'll try again later tonight or tomorrow...

edit: he PMed me. there's a storm where he is and his internet cut out. we'll try again later tonight or tomorrow.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Killa Sasa said:
Slayn defeats Killa Sasa [ :( ]

1-3
3-2 ( I think?)
3-2

Amazing matches, but epic choke in the last one on my part. I was up 2-0 and he came all the way back. Right now, I'm just going to concede to the fact that he's just plain better than me.

I'll make it up to you in the loser's bracket, Timekillr and captmcblack.
I don't think you choked as much as I adjusted =P
Your cammy is new (to me), so I had to keep feeling you out throughout the matches to developer my strategy. That was why you owned me in the first set.

The I completely re-adjusted for the 2nd set.

Beginning of the 3rd set, you turned up the heat on your tactics which I was unprepared for, but was able to re-cover and re-adjust a final time to be able take you down =)

It wasn't until the end that I was finally starting to remember not to try to regular upball your jumping cannon spike move. I also realized after the first set that chasing you was a terrible idea. Cammy is too quick and I couldn't out-manuever you. So I had to just slash out, get a life lead, and sit on it.

I felt like if I was prepared and on-defense, you coudn't really approach me. When you butchered me it was because you were really good at countering any risky stuff I did. So when the game is on line, I played as carefully as possible to not take any risks at all and not give you any openings to capitolize on, which is not what I usually do.

I generally prefer RAWR BLANKA CHARGE

MrOctober

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
Since it's the first round, I don't think there would be a problem with replacing him. Give him until sunday? Everyone ok with that?

I'm good with that. I'll send him an invite on PSN when I get home tonight.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
dfyb got me 2-0!

Match break down was 3-1 first match, 3-0 second...I was overwhelmed by the Fuerte! :lol

GG man! I wanted to play some more but every time I tried to send you a message after those games it gave me an error. If you want to play some more let me know...don't get to play Fuerte players much!

dfyb

Banned
yeah the lag wasn't so bad when you hosted it this second time. i need to do some work but we can certainly play some other time. add me to your friend list if you want.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
dfyb said:
yeah the lag wasn't so bad when you hosted it this second time. i need to do some work but we can certainly play some other time. add me to your friend list if you want.

Oh man, it was awful before! The internet kept cutting out too. Everything was messed up; I'd sign onto PSN and get an error message if I tried to play SF4 online.

xabi

oh man, can't believe I missed this one! please keep me in mind for next one...

PSN - ShotoXabi (and no, I actually don't use the shotos much in SFIV)
Main chars - Guile, Abel, Zangief

MrOctober

Banned
Just got a PM from B-Genius it said this:

"Shiz, I'm home for easter without access to a PS3 =/ Are things moving along rapidly? If it can wait until Wednesday/Thursday, that'd be great. I'm in the UK so 5 hours ahead - which means I can play anytime between 2pm-6pm your time, maybe even a little bit later.

Sorry about this and the late reply. Hope to get down to business soon!"

I told him I'd ask in the thread and let him know as I don't call the shots. So tell me what to do do guys.

MrOctober said:
Just got a PM from B-Genius it said this:

"Shiz, I'm home for easter without access to a PS3 =/ Are things moving along rapidly? If it can wait until Wednesday/Thursday, that'd be great. I'm in the UK so 5 hours ahead - which means I can play anytime between 2pm-6pm your time, maybe even a little bit later.

Sorry about this and the late reply. Hope to get down to business soon!"

I told him I'd ask in the thread and let him know as I don't call the shots. So tell me what to do do guys.

That shouldn't be a problem. If you can, try to play the match on Wednesday.

MoxManiac

MoxManiac vs. gutter_trash

MoxManiac wins

Epic matches. All really close. I think the tally was 1-3, 3-1, 3-2 if I remember correctly.

MoxManiac said:

MoxManiac wins

Epic matches. All really close. I think the tally was 1-3, 3-1, 3-2 if I remember correctly.

WOOOOO!!!!! Good job Mox!!!!! :D

WE TAKIN THIS ALL THE WAY TO THE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

*break dances*

Killa Sasa said:
Great. That means Cammy faces a Honda next :(

TimeKillr and mcBlack, do your thing.

Honda loves to bear hug Cammy

MoxManiac said:

MoxManiac wins

Well fought and well deserved, the final deciding Ultra punishing my Ultra was indeed epic.

Brobzoid

Well that takes the pressure of me having to beat Galactic, but damn it I'm still going to!

I'm coming for you Galactic! >:eek:
2r4rkg3.jpg

MoxManiac said:
You and galactic might have to carry me next round because my blanka nemesis slayn will not be an easy fight for me... :0

chan gives me the most problems out of anyone i've played, i was relying on you and galactic to carry this round:lol :lol

Ploid 3.0

Updated.

I'm expecting my Saturn pad to show up tomorrow and start SF4 playing again. Until then Saints Row2 before the dlc. My next match seem to be a long way away.

just an obvious note to everyone, "dfyb" was banned so if you get matched up with him just go into GAF Chat and work contact from there or just have Tekno or Mr. Oct. speak on his behalf.......

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I haven't read the thread, but I doubt it had to do with disagreeing, and more evilore just finding him to be annoying and not productive to the thread. Or Evilore just didn't like being called a troll.

Ploid 3.0

FindMyFarms said:
Man that's wack.

Edit - Just in case you didn't notice Ploid, Dfyb defeated Lyte Edge in their tourney match.

Ok got it. I did miss that, sorry Dfyb got banned. Hope he stick around GAF SF4 chat.

Ploid 3.0

Is there really any point in waiting on the MrOctober vs B-Genius fight to continue on for the people that have people to fight for the next round? The upper two groups shouldn't effect anything in carrying on. The more we have to wait around, the longer it will take to finish everything.

I think you guys that have a pare should continue. Fight your next opponent. Anyone have a problem with it? I never did a sf or anything outside of yahoo pool tournament that involved brackets.

Ploid 3.0

Winner bracket 1 vs 2
MoxManiac vs Slayn
GalacticAE vs Ermac
EraldoCoil vs akachan ningen

Loser bracket 8 vs 7
gutter_trash vs Killa Sasa
Brobzoid vs TimeKillr
kiryogi vs captmcblack

Fight like gentlemen.
dudley.jpg

MrOctober

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
Is there really any point in waiting on the MrOctober vs B-Genius fight to continue on for the people that have people to fight for the next round? The upper two groups shouldn't effect anything in carrying on. The more we have to wait around, the longer it will take to finish everything.

I think you guys that have a pare should continue. Fight your next opponent. Anyone have a problem with it? I never did a sf or anything outside of yahoo pool tournament that involved brackets.

I still haven't heard back and here it is Tuesday. I know you guys said to fight Wednesday night and i told him that but I haven't heard anything. So I vote for people moving on and fighting so we don't slow you down until we figure out what's going on.

^^^

hey gutter, i been wanting to ask you something, you have over 5,000 posts and have been a gaf member since '05, how are you still a junior member???

this is blowing my mind.....

Ploid 3.0

EraldoCoil said:
^^^

hey gutter, i been wanting to ask you something, you have over 5,000 posts and have been a gaf member since '05, how are you still a junior member???

this is blowing my mind.....

Custom tag. Speevy was the same way, or was that Beermonkey Tbaoweora something.

Top Bottom