• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFchat SF4 Team Tournament. (PSN)

EraldoCoil said:
^^^

hey gutter, i been wanting to ask you something, you have over 5,000 posts and have been a gaf member since '05, how are you still a junior member???

this is blowing my mind.....

I got banned lots of times,
the junior status is eternal punishment for my past,
I have stayed clean since

MoxManiac

Hey slayn, i might not be able to play till the weekend. my grandmother is on her deathbed so this week is a bit full for me atm :(

slayn

needs to show more effort.
That's fine with me. I haven't been on much lately either. I'm hoping to play a bunch this weekend though.

MoxManiac said:
Hey slayn, i might not be able to play till the weekend. my grandmother is on her deathbed so this week is a bit full for me atm :(

Damn man, I'm really close to my grandmother so I feel you. I wish you and your family only the best in this situation.

Ploid 3.0

My grandmother died recently, it was so horrible for me. I was very close to mine, I helped her out in the yard almost daily. Take care man, grandmothers is usually a very important part of the family. I mean keeping aunts, and uncles together. If your family is like that enjoy them, and take pictures of you guys together. Most of mine split up after, she had 11 living children.

Ploid 3.0 said:
kiryogi vs captmcblack

Fight like gentlemen.
dudley.jpg

Ready to go!
I'll set it up - either tonight, or this weekend!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
aRRG.

Timekillr beats brobzoid

something like 6 - 3?

Galactic also beat me, although I expected that. I thought I could handle a Abel at least :( Damn you and your headbutt bating Timekillr ;_;

Ploid 3.0

Ok we may need to kick the guy that isn't showing up to fight MrOctober. It's really killing the momentum, and it's possibly effecting the second round of the upper half of the bracket. So who could possibly replace him? Any ideas?

gutter_trash vs Killa Sasa: 2 - 0
Match 1: 3 - 0
match2: 3 - 1

Winner: gutter_trash

-------------------------

Brobzoid said:
aRRG.

Timekillr beats brobzoid

something like 6 - 3?

Galactic also beat me, although I expected that. I thought I could handle a Abel at least :( Damn you and your headbutt bating Timekillr ;_;

Kiryogi.... it's all in your hands now! ;)

MrOctober said:
Nothing guys. He hasn't replied to PM's and he hasn't been on his PS3. Tell me what to do.

Hmm, I sent him a pm also. If he doesn't reply by tomorrow then unfortunately we'd have to dq him in that match to keep the tourney going. Thus, Team Tekno would be moving on to the next round in the winner's bracket.

After that match however, I say Team Lyte Edge gets to pick a sub to continue the rest of the tourney with. My recommendation would be Sanjay (psn shaftydude) as he's on PSN a lot and is very easy to reach.

If anyone disagrees or thinks there might be a better way to handle this feel free to chime in.

gutter_trash vs. Killa Sasa

3-0
3-1

Wasn't even close. Fights like this make me really miss Sonic Boom :'(. Shoulda chose position B :lol

Note to self: Don't gyro drive smasher headbutts expecting more than 1 hit :(

McBlack, the fate of the universe rests in your hands.

Edit: 20, 30, 40... an hour? That's pretty damn late on my part :lol

Ploid 3.0

FindMyFarms said:
Hmm, I sent him a pm also. If he doesn't reply by tomorrow then unfortunately we'd have to dq him in that match to keep the tourney going. Thus, Team Tekno would be moving on to the next round in the winner's bracket.

After that match however, I say Team Lyte Edge gets to pick a sub to continue the rest of the tourney with. My recommendation would be Sanjay (psn shaftydude) as he's on PSN a lot and is very easy to reach.

If anyone disagrees or thinks there might be a better way to handle this feel free to chime in.

I had a lot of games with him, and he's also on my flist. Cool dude.

20pow2r.jpg

TimeKillr

Brobzoid said:
aRRG.

Timekillr beats brobzoid

something like 6 - 3?

6-3 sounds about right.

Rog's not an awful matchup for Abel unless he's extra careful (no ex dashes and only short straights).

To add to that there are very few Abel players online so most people don't have a lot of experience against him and his infernal crossups ;)

Ok, since no one's heard from B-Genius, we'll have to go ahead and DQ him. I think sending Lyte Edge's team to the loser's bracket automatically is rather harsh, so I'll be contacting Sanjay to see if he can fill in for B - Genius and play against MrOctober in a timely manner.

MrOctober

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Ok, since no one's heard from B-Genius, we'll have to go ahead and DQ him. I think sending Lyte Edge's team to the loser's bracket automatically is rather harsh, so I'll be contacting Sanjay to see if he can fill in for B - Genius and play against MrOctober in a timely manner.

Ok well let me know the dudes PSN name that I will definitely be playing as soon as you figure it out and I'll do my best to get it done as soon as I possibly can.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Ack, my bad guys =/ I had a grandpa coming out of hospital (seems to be a trend with us fighters... we do it for the family!)

I'll be on my PS3 Monday night at the latest, so I can try to sort out something with MrOctober. I'll understand if you have to DQ me as I've been out of touch. Would still love to throw down though :)

B-Genius said:
Ack, my bad guys =/ I had a grandpa coming out of hospital (seems to be a trend with us fighters... we do it for the family!)

I'll be on my PS3 Monday night at the latest, so I can try to sort out something with MrOctober. I'll understand if you have to DQ me as I've been out of touch. Would still love to throw down though :)

Well all I can say is if Sanjay hasn't ran the match with MrOctober yet, then the balls in your court. Please try to get the match done asap. If Sanjay's already played, then I'm afraid we'll just have to move on with him in the tourney.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa, hope everything's ok mate.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'm real sorry to jam up the momentum. Cheers Farms, he had to have keyhole surgery on his lung because of some aspestos tumor shit that suddenly kicked off after 55 years! Pretty crazy, but all is well now, thanks.

If it really can't wait any longer then I'll gracefully step down, but otherwise I promise I'll be ready Monday evening (from about 2pm MrOctober's time) onwards.

B-Genius said:
I'm real sorry to jam up the momentum. Cheers Farms, he had to have keyhole surgery on his lung because of some aspestos tumor shit that suddenly kicked off after 55 years! Pretty crazy, but all is well now, thanks.

If it really can't wait any longer then I'll gracefully step down, but otherwise I promise I'll be ready Monday evening (from about 2pm MrOctober's time) onwards.

Cool beans, np.

MrOctober

Banned
SO I got PM's from both Sanjay and B-Genius. I havent played either match, I asked Sanjay when he would like to play and told him i'd be available today and onward if he'd like and haven't heard. Am I now waiting for Monday to fight Genius?

MrOctober said:
SO I got PM's from both Sanjay and B-Genius. I havent played either match, I asked Sanjay when he would like to play and told him i'd be available today and onward if he'd like and haven't heard. Am I now waiting for Monday to fight Genius?

Ok, I misinterpreted B-Genius' post as saying he would be done by Monday.
B-Genius, is that the earliest you can play the match?

Sorry I confused you guys.

MrOctober

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Ok, I misinterpreted B-Genius' post as saying he would be done by Monday.
B-Genius, is that the earliest you can play the match?

Sorry I confused you guys.

Sanjay sent me a friend request on PSN, so I have no idea who to fight now.

Ploid 3.0

Loser bracket
dfyb vs velvet_nitemare
MrOctober vs Ploid
Teknopathetic vs Co_Andy

Winner bracket
Lyte Edge vs Bdizzle
Sanjay vs FindMyFarms
Bob White vs SpiderJericho

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!

Sanjay

MrOctober said:
Sanjay (Shaftydude) beet my 3-1 and then 3-0

I fucking hate Blanka.

Then we had much better and more fun games afterward.

Blame FindMyFarms for that, I was going to try out Abel but then he PM's and says to me

"Hey man, thanks for stepping up, you're INDESTRUCTIBLE"

Then I'm like ah fuck, Blanka it is then.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Sanjay vs FindMyFarms

OMG, conspiracy!

Ploid 3.0

Sanjay said:
Blame FindMyFarms for that, I was going to try out Abel but then he PM's and says to me

"Hey man, thanks for stepping up, you're INDESTRUCTIBLE"

Then I'm like ah fuck, Blanka it is then.

OMG, conspiracy!

It's the curse of the B position. All of the awesome people seem to have picked the middle. FindMyFarms ripped me appart the first round. Good luck Mwahahahahahahaaaaaa!

MrOctober

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
It's the curse of the B position. All of the awesome people seem to have picked the middle. FindMyFarms ripped me appart the first round. Good luck Mwahahahahahahaaaaaa!

That's funny because Techno PM'd me at first and asked what position I wanted and my theory was since I was more than likely the weakest on the team then I should go position B figuring all the other teams would either want a win right out of the gates with position A or a strong anchor position C. How wrong I was.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Whoops, first time posting in this thread, a bit confused on who I need to fight first? Any help? I should be on and in the chat tonight

"Whoops, first time posting in this thread, a bit confused on who I need to fight first? Any help? I should be on and in the chat tonight"

Since your team already won the first round, your second round match is apparently with GalacticAE.

Bob White

Teknopathetic said:
"Whoops, first time posting in this thread, a bit confused on who I need to fight first? Any help? I should be on and in the chat tonight"

Since your team already won the first round, your second round match is apparently with GalacticAE.

Damn.....

Ploid 3.0

MrOctober said:
I'm around tonight for the rest of then night I think if you want to fight.

You have gafchat? Get on there so I'll know if you're on. How does your schedule for monday look? maybe we can play then? Like not during House and Heroes lol.

Bob White said:
Anytime you're ready, Spider. The delay in the tourney has made Viper stronger.

Confidence.....confidence.

Sorry. I haven't checked the thread in a few days, since it was moving a bit slowly. We can play Monday. I get off of work usually around 4:30 p.m. Pacific...so we can play after 8 p.m. Eastern/5 p.m. Pacific.

MrOctober

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
You have gafchat? Get on there so I'll know if you're on. How does your schedule for monday look? maybe we can play then? Like not during House and Heroes lol.

Yeah I'm on Gafchat. I'll get on at some point Monday night and you can let me know when those shows are on and we'll work around them.

Top Bottom