• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFchat SF4 Team Tournament. (PSN)

Ploid 3.0

What was the picture? I doubt it was the picture that's there now lol. Anyway I passed on a game specific controller (arcade stick) and got a sweet monitor for the pc I just got. I been meaning to get one for the ps3 anyway, and it looks very sweet with ps3 games. Better than my hdtvs although much smaller. I like the black levels and I think it's the perfect size anyway.

2vltsi1.jpg

PC part
2le4f8m.jpg

Maybe my youtube vids will look a bit better. I still kinda stopped playing sf4 after the sega pad break, even though it's still working with super glue patch. I'll probably start back soon now that it look so crisp.

Killa Sasa said:
Sooooooooooo....

Any news on this front?

man, we really need time limits on this 2 days or you're DQ'd or something. GAFchat is always dead every time i log on now too. Tourney shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks, and if you're "THAT" busy to where you cant take 10 min to play a match then people shouldn't sign up.

/end rant

EraldoCoil said:
man, we really need time limits on this 2 days or you're DQ'd or something. GAFchat is always dead every time i log on now too. Tourney shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks, and if you're "THAT" busy to where you cant take 10 min to play a match then people shouldn't sign up.

/end rant

This is true, as I myself am guilty of this due to not having a steady ps3, my apologies.

Ploid 3.0

Come on guys you can do this. I don't know how I would go about dq'ing whole teams if just one person from the other team show up. How about we set a time limit for all of the A matchups and if one person don't show up it's a win for the one that did, then move to B group. If both get disqualified then it's a strike to both, and if it end in a tie gah this seem like it would be a mess.

But i think we do have to start disqualifying. Any tips on the process? We won't be replacing team members, just counting the no shows as a loss for the matchup. Soon people will stop playing sf4 completely, let's finish it before people lock the game in a vault of no return.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Come on guys you can do this. I don't know how I would go about dq'ing whole teams if just one person from the other team show up. How about we set a time limit for all of the A matchups and if one person don't show up it's a win for the one that did, then move to B group. If both get disqualified then it's a strike to both, and if it end in a tie gah this seem like it would be a mess.

But i think we do have to start disqualifying. Any tips on the process? We won't be replacing team members, just counting the no shows as a loss for the matchup. Soon people will stop playing sf4 completely, let's finish it before people lock the game in a vault of no return.

Good call Ploid. I'll start PMing contestants to let them know. I'll be running my match with Ermac tonight actually.

Akachan and I will play tomorrow at 8 pm pst. And don't stress me out Find. I'm easy as a Sunday morning. I like my eggs, cooked over easy.

Congratulations on your win.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
no one likes us :(

...thats why we're going to win!

edit:
You realize, of course, that if we lose you will in fact be playing me sooner rather then later. =P

It is impossible for you to win the tournament without facing me again, regardless of outcomes ;)

slayn said:

edit:
You realize, of course, that if we lose you will in fact be playing me sooner rather then later. =P

It is impossible for you to win the tournament without facing me again, regardless of outcomes ;)

Motion to DQ Slayn anyone?

Free Mox!

Ploid 3.0

slayn said:

edit:

:lol poor Mox. Guess he should be trying to study you. Look up his tournament replays on SF4!

It's about 9 p.m. No Akachan in sight. I was online from 7:30 to 9. I know stuff comes up, so let me know when you'd like to reschedule it.

Moxey, whether I win or lose, you'll end up playing Slayn again.

Didn't catch him yet. He did respond to my friend request though, so I know he's out there and available. I sent him a PSN message and a PM here - if I can catch him, I'm going to try to play this match before 5pm EST today.

If there has to be some sort of DQ timer rule though, so be it. Like I said, I don't want to hold anything up.

Bob White

Ok, tried playing capt today and it was a mess. PSN is a motherfucking joke. So much so that I forfeit. I am out of the tourney and done with PSN. GGS, capt.

Bob White said:
Ok, tried playing capt today and it was a mess. PSN is a motherfucking joke. So much so that I forfeit. I am out of the tourney and done with PSN. GGS, capt.

j/w r u on wireless?

Also, here are the new matches!!

Team 7 vs. Team 1

Killa Sasa vs. MoxManiac
TimeKillr vs. GalacticAE
captmcblack vs. EraldoCoil

YYYYYYEEESSSSS

SpiderJericho you're such a beast! Ain't nobodies horns fuckin wit your wall!

And team 2, after team 1v7 goes out of the way you get to play the winner.

FindMyFarms said:
YYYYYYEEESSSSS

SpiderJericho you're such a beast! Ain't nobodies horns fuckin wit your wall!

And team 2, after team 1v7 goes out of the way you get to play the winner.

It's all your fault. I've been playing nothing but KOF for the past weeks. I kept trying to tech throws with f+FP. I couldn't even find my SF4 disc.

akachan ningen said:
It's all your fault. I've been playing nothing but KOF for the past weeks. I kept trying to tech throws with f+FP. I couldn't even find my SF4 disc.

The next street fighter needs a basketball player. And fuck KoF12 for not bringing him back.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Bob White said:

:/

Lyte Edge

FindMyFarms said:
That's what I thought! Go play BlazBlue while team bananascrubs dominates KoF12 3v3 clan ladder :D

You don't know me very well, do you? I dig KOF faaaaaar more than any Arc System Works game! You can bring team bananascrubs and I'll give all three of you the big beat down alone! :D

Doesn't matter what game it is anyway. This team thing didn't work out too well here, IMO. Took even longer than usual to get through the matches.

Lyte Edge said:
You don't know me very well, do you? I dig KOF faaaaaar more than any Arc System Works game! You can bring team bananascrubs and I'll give all three of you the big beat down alone! :D

Doesn't matter what game it is anyway. This team thing didn't work out too well here, IMO. Took even longer than usual to get through the matches.

The team thing in KOF is different, as it's a real 3v3. As in, you have you have the 3 characters played in traditional KoF style, but each is controlled by a separate player, pretty bad ass. It's like an online co-op fighting game

edit - noticed your stab at team BS. Don't worry, facing defeat at our hands isn't restricted to SF4 ;)

Lyte Edge

FindMyFarms said:
The team thing in KOF is different, as it's a real 3v3. As in, you have you have the 3 characters played in traditional KoF style, but each is controlled by a separate player, pretty bad ass. It's like an online co-op fighting game

That's what I'd expect, since having three players using their own teams would be kinda weird!

edit - noticed your stab at team BS. Don't worry, facing defeat at our hands isn't restricted to SF4 ;)

Who is "our" anyway? ^_^;

KOF is my game, much more so than Street Fighter. You'll see. ;)

Well, maybe that should be "you'll see, if KOF XII ends up being a good game." :lol It's too bad '98 Ultimate Match isn't coming to PSN too.

SF4 has always been a hold-over game for me until KOF XII. I didn't think I'd spend anywhere NEAR as much time with it as I have, to be honest. But I'm just glad there's all these fighters out and coming out to play. 2008 brought 'em back in full force, and this year isn't letting up either! :D

Lyte Edge

FindMyFarms said:
Well by our, I mainly mean "my" hands :p

You shall feel the fury of BananaScrubs in the form of 2d, critical counter goodness.

This ain't Street Fighter-- You will FEEL IT!! :lol

Who do you like to use in KOF, BTW?

Lyte Edge said:
This ain't Street Fighter-- You will FEEL IT!! :lol

Who do you like to use in KOF, BTW?

KoF98 my only main is lucky, and switch it up to whoever for the other 2. Since he isn't going to be in kof 12 imma pick random 3 times and the first 3 chars that get picked are going to be my team :D

Lyte Edge

FindMyFarms said:
KoF98 my only main is lucky, and switch it up to whoever for the other 2. Since he isn't going to be in kof 12 imma pick random 3 times and the first 3 chars that get picked are going to be my team :D

Haha, that's hardcore! :)

I dunno who I want to main yet, really. I use a shitload of characters in these games and generally never really settle on a specific team, but I want to change that up for XII.

FindMyFarms said:

i want in on a KOF XII team :D

Captmcblack im ready whenever you are.

Lyte Edge said:
Haha, that's hardcore! :)

I dunno who I want to main yet, really. I use a shitload of characters in these games and generally never really settle on a specific team, but I want to change that up for XII.

Yeah, I might use Terry in 12 since he was my main in Garou, but that had a lot to do with his fluidity via AB breaks and AC feints, his KoF (98 at least) counterpart feels so stiff and rigid, like I can't move, so I'll see how that goes.

Eraldo, 12's gonna have clan support! GAF clan ftw.

Lyte Edge

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah, I might use Terry in 12 since he was my main in Garou, but that had a lot to do with his fluidity via AB breaks and AC feints, his KoF (98 at least) counterpart feels so stiff and rigid, like I can't move, so I'll see how that goes.

I like the older versions of the characters, and as huge a KOF fan as I am, '98 remains the high point of the series for me (so I love Ultimate Match and want it on Live so bad...maybe it's time to finally try out GGPO but I'm so used to the changes in Ultimate now...), so if the characters in XII are more akin to their '94-'98 counterparts, I'll be very happy.

Eraldo, 12's gonna have clan support! GAF clan ftw.

The question is if it's gonna have clan support on both platforms. -_-

MoxManiac

Killa Sasa said:
Hey Mox, when are you around? More often than not I should be good to go.

What's a good time for you? I'm off and on, but I can probably be on at a specific time. I'll also send a friend request, i don't seem to have you on my list.

Top Bottom