• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFchat SF4 Team Tournament. (PSN)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I just played bdizzle...

I won the first match 3-2, close game and great, but...

...he left after that! Dude we need to play another match!! :lol

Lyte Edge

Okays--

Lyte Edge Vs. Bdizzle

Lyte wins, 6-2.

Match break down went 3-2 in the first match, then 3-0 in the second.

Good games Bdizzle! You did some stuff with Abel I had never seen before and really got me in those first rounds especially!

Lyte Edge said:
Okays--

Lyte Edge Vs. Bdizzle

Lyte wins, 6-2.

Match break down went 3-2 in the first match, then 3-0 in the second.

Good games Bdizzle! You did some stuff with Abel I had never seen before and really got me in those first rounds especially!

Looks like my run away tactics didn't work. *sigh* I guess I can't hide from Sanjay forever :(

Lyte Edge

FindMyFarms said:
Looks like my run away tactics didn't work. *sigh* I guess I can't hide from Sanjay forever :(

This is my indirect revenge from the last tournament! :lol

Ploid 3.0

3 fights need to happen. The tournament is getting streamlined a bit. 4 teams will be out at the end of this round.

Sanjay vs FindMyFarm
captmcblack vs Kiryogi
MrOctober vs GalacticAE

Trying to get my matches in soon. Gotta communicate more I guess.

Gonna run HULKAMANIA wild on MrOctober for my team. No choking here.

GalacticAE said:
Trying to get my matches in soon. Gotta communicate more I guess.

Gonna run HULKAMANIA wild on MrOctober for my team. No choking here.

i swear if you win this one i will no longer play like shit in my future matches.

i been horribly off with everything, coupled with my very busy schedule and lack of time to play......forgive me.

plus......

i want my revenge on AKACHAN, every time i play em i get beat.....every single time!!!!! if we meet up again in the finals the outcome will be different, this i promise :D

Ploid 3.0

Maybe MrOctober has been bluffing all along. He might have a TE stick and knew I'd be recording but only used HK/HP and the Kx3 Px3 attacks. This could be some sort of trap. Wish I could spectate this!

EraldoCoil said:
i want my revenge on AKACHAN, every time i play em i get beat.....every single time!!!!! if we meet up again in the finals the outcome will be different, this i promise :D

You promised me a banana, hurry up and bring it. :p

Sanjay

Sanjay vs FindMyFarm

I Lost :( but I'm satisfied with the way I pl'd. GG's FindMyFarm.

First match I won 1 round to his 3. In one round he won by time out :mad: I totally did not even know that the time was running out, was a shame because I was going to win it with the ultra I did via chip/cheap dmg.

The second match I won 2 rounds to his 3. I totally choked to his pressing game in the last round, I was like in total panic mode and nearly got perfected.

Ploid 3.0

New matchups. Will update bracket soon.

Slayn vs Bdizzle
Ermac vs FindMyFarms
akachan ningen vs Spider Jericho

Update: (kiryogi vs captmcblack up to continue upper loser bracket. Communicate and set a date to get this out of the way preez)
2i75zbp.jpg

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Hey I actually have a match now. Bdizzle, I will be on late tomorrow night, and possibly friday evening as well. Saturday I will be out.

Again, no match. I'll invite him tomorrow. I added him on my friends list but he wasn't playing SF4 so I didn't want to bother.

Sanjay said:
Sanjay vs FindMyFarm

I Lost :( but I'm satisfied with the way I pl'd. GG's FindMyFarm.

First match I won 1 round to his 3. In one round he won by time out :mad: I totally did not even know that the time was running out, was a shame because I was going to win it with the ultra I did via chip/cheap dmg.

The second match I won 2 rounds to his 3. I totally choked to his pressing game in the last round, I was like in total panic mode and nearly got perfected.

For that time out actually, there was like 3 seconds left and I used Ryu's ultra to stall haha. It has a really long start up and takes a good 5 seconds off the clock. Sorry about the cheese.

But GG's for real though, your blanka was mean at times. Pity about the lag :/

Lyte Edge

Me n' Gutter Trash are possibly next, huh?

I PHEAR YOUR HONDA BUT IT'S GONNA BE CHUN-LI CHEESE LIKE LAST TIME! :lol

If it happens :D

Lyte Edge said:
Me n' Gutter Trash are possibly next, huh?

I PHEAR YOUR HONDA BUT IT'S GONNA BE CHUN-LI CHEESE LIKE LAST TIME! :lol

If it happens :D
I have encountered some cheesy Chunners online, they served me as training for you :p

kiryogi said:
Yeah, sorry about the hold up. I have been shooting off PMs though. Has anyone seen him online?
LOL, how much time should we give captmcblack until he DQs himself :lol
Lyte Edge... you are mine!!

kiryogi said:
Curious, what did they do that was cheesy. XD

as you know I play as Honda.... & Chun-Li looooves to take advantage of Honda's slowness

Fireball turtling', cross-ups sheniagans, air-to-air snuffin', air-throwing Honda out of his butt stomp and pokey, pokey, poke

ohh yeah... when Chun-Li has an Ultra loaded, Honda is pretty much handicapped

kiryogi

Banned
gutter_trash said:
as you know I play as Honda.... & Chun-Li looooves to take advantage of Honda's slowness

Fireball turtling', cross-ups sheniagans, air-to-air snuffin', air-throwing Honda out of his butt stomp and pokey, pokey, poke

This is all good to know :D I main her as well, but nowhere near as good. Still a long road ahead... I feel confident about facing Blanka now though. I was scared before, but for some reason I'm not now. I think it might have been the beatdown slayn gave me in the beginning.

Lyte Edge

gutter_trash said:

YER GODDAMN RIGHT!! :lol

Because of your Honda, I pretty much have little trouble dealing with other Honda players now though. :)

Ploid 3.0

captmcblack dodging? What's the progress on Galatic vs MrOctober? That should have been done quick, it's been up for a while.

Ploid 3.0 said:
captmcblack dodging? What's the progress on Galatic vs MrOctober? That should have been done quick, it's been up for a while.

I pmd captmcblack and Kiryogi already.

Galactic is trying to make progress on his match. Galactic/Mroctober isn't much of a rush though since the other side of the losers bracket hasn't even started.

Lyte Edge said:
YER GODDAMN RIGHT!! :lol

Because of your Honda, I pretty much have little trouble dealing with other Honda players now though. :)

i bet you are still rooting for captmcblack so you don't have to face me :p

Lyte Edge

gutter_trash said:
i bet you are still rooting for captmcblack so you don't have to face me :p

No way mayne, I WELCOME TEH CHALLENGE! It's always fun as hell playing against you.

MrOctober

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
Maybe MrOctober has been bluffing all along. He might have a TE stick and knew I'd be recording but only used HK/HP and the Kx3 Px3 attacks. This could be some sort of trap. Wish I could spectate this!

I wish this were true :( I'm around more right now, sorry about the hold up, I went back to work and there was a ton of overtime. I'm ready for my games with Galactic.

Imm0rt4l

is this thread strictly for the tourney or it casuals now? I would have participate, but I was banned. invite me to gafchat. GODHAND04,

Imm0rt4l said:
is this thread strictly for the tourney or it casuals now? I would have participate, but I was banned. invite me to gafchat. GODHAND04,

Strictly tourney.

Befriend any of these guys (psn tags listed) and ask for a gafchat invite. You'll get all the casuals you want and more ;)

GalacticAE
Ploid
Slayn
Jerky
QisTopTier
ItWasFunny
MoodyShuffle

MrOctober

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Strictly tourney.

Befriend any of these guys (psn tags listed) and ask for a gafchat invite. You'll get all the casuals you want and more ;)

GalacticAE
Ploid
Slayn
Jerky
QisTopTier
ItWasFunny
MoodyShuffle

I love that you didn't add yourself to that list or even offer to add the dude :lol

MrOctober

Banned
GalacticAE said:
K I can get my games in. I'll be on this evening and tomorrow night.

It's either going to have be before the Bruins game or after it (7 O'clock EST through probably around 10 ish EST) I'll be around if you wanna go for them tonight.

kiryogi

Banned
After all this time! I failed you team. Sorry! But we did have quite a close match. IF only I didn't do that wake up ultra haha. Things might have been slightly different!

Anyway

kiryogi 3, captmcblack 6.

Captmcblack wins!

Good show!

Ploid 3.0

gutter_trash said:
let's go play golf!!!!!

Sorry for your loss. Put it this way, at least your group wasn't the first to get eliminated. Now you're joining a party. The party of faded names.

Also team 7, keep the celebration short, you have your next assignment ready to go. Team 6 is no pushover, good luck.

Team 7 vs Team 6 Battle of bees and legs.
Killa Sasa vs Lyte Edge
TimeKillr vs Sanjay
captmcblack vs Bob White

Breakdown!

Killa Sasa vs Lyte Edge
---------------
Cammy (Bee) vs Chun Li (Legs), this is the highlight fight. The cat fight to end all cat fights. Too bad you can't spectate this one because it will definitely be a feisty brawl. However Killa Sasa never won a match yet, and he's going up against a seasoned Chun Li who has won one match.

TimeKillr vs Sanjay
---------------
This will be a mysterious match. TimeKillr is 1 - 0 in the tournament so far. He knocked out Brobzoid and wasn't allowed to fight his first round of the tournament. Sanjay is the replacement of B-Genius and his team should be grateful for his arrival. He managed to get them into the winners bracket breaking a 1-1 tie, however he failed to take them even further in the winners bracket along with his teammate Bob White.

captmcblack vs Bob White
--------------
Ok every match is important in this group, and both of these guys know it. Bob White has tournament experience and he will probably do everything in his power to clinch this point from captmcblack. captmcblack just saved his team from a elimination match and he may be on fighters high at the moment. Will this momentum be enough to suppress a angry Viper? Stay tuned. TOO BAD WE CAN'T SPECTATE!!!!

Team 6 has had the taste of the winners bracket and I doubt they'll allow team 7 to send them home packing. Team 7 could be the real underdog here and surprise us all. All 4 teams in the losers brackets are so close to getting their second shot at fame, one of them may make it to the final bout. Things are getting hawt!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I added bdizzle on psn a while ago and he hasn't accepted. Anyone know when he is usually on?

Ploid 3.0 said:
UFC style tale of the tape

Damn Ploid you should get paid for this, you even got ME excited for the match haha! How awesome would it be if we could watch these matches live, or at least have them recorded locally then uploaded!.

Since you gave the Bruce Buffer hype, I'll provide the sherdog style "analysis" Note - All this comes from previous experiences with said players.

Team 7 vs Team 6

Killa Sasa (Cammy) vs Lyte Edge (Chun-Li)

Before I get on to the analysis, I gott give my boy Killa Sasa a little snippet here.
I believe that when Killa Sasa(KS) is at the top of his game, he can beat anyone on GAF psn. Unfortunately, KS tends to be streaky, sometimes going extremely hot, other times, being so erratic that he must be questioning his career choice of SF4. KS's 0-2 tournament record might fool some, but not me. Both of his matches have been against two players in what I'd call the S-Tier of GAF psn. Against Slayn, KS proved that he could be at the top, but just couldn't win in a match that could very well end differently on another Sunday. Against Gutter, KS had the misfortune of not only playing one of GAF's best, but going against a character(Honda) that is a terrible matchup for Cammy. It doesn't help that KS is new to the match up as well. At the end of the day, KS is VERY dangerous, anyone that's played him knows this.

Lyte Edge (LE) is a player that I've spent far less time with. I believe the only time we've played was our singles tourney match. Sorry LE, I can't give you a hype segment here.

On to the analysis. KS loves to play a very aggressive rushdown Cammy. Liberal use of cr. lk setups to throws or hit confirms are the norm with him. Once he gets in close, he's VERY hard to get off. He loves to play mind games after a close range air spike, and has steadily been improving with his Focus Attack mixups. KS weakness becomes apparent when he himself becomes rushed down. His all or nothing approach tends to leave his defense a little bit lacking, and when KS gets put on the defensive, he struggles to get his offensive momentum back. Lucky for him, this tends to be rare.

LE's style has probably changed from the last time we played. What I can say though is that LE plays a very safe and defensive style. While somewhat of a turtle, LE does tend to attack out of the blue at times in order to confuse the opponent and capitalize on surprise damage.

This matchup is extremely favorable for KS. His aggressive Cammy plays right into the hands of a defensive Chun-Li. With Spiral Arrow being a bane for Chun Li fireballs, and a Focus Attack that's can land a safe distance away from most of Chun's pokes gives KS a huge advantage in the ground department. Unfortunately for Chun, she also lacks a strong answer against air spikes, while Cammy's ground spike is one of the best AA's in the game. In order for LE to win this match, he'd have to take advantage of Chun-Li's liberal crossup options in order to force a mistake out of KS. Unfortunately, KS almost always presses the issue before his opponent, and I just don't see LE being able to gain momentum

My Prediction
Match 1 : 3-2 KS
Match 3 : 3-1 KS

I believe KS might struggle a bit against LE's defensive game in the first match, though he'll close out the victory. After having figured out LE's defense, expect a full blown rush approach from KS in the 2nd match to overwhelm LE.

I'm a little tired right now, so I'll do the other 2 matches in a bit lol.

Top Bottom