• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFchat SF4 Team Tournament. (PSN)

Lyte Edge said:
I like the older versions of the characters, and as huge a KOF fan as I am, '98 remains the high point of the series for me (so I love Ultimate Match and want it on Live so bad...maybe it's time to finally try out GGPO but I'm so used to the changes in Ultimate now...), so if the characters in XII are more akin to their '94-'98 counterparts, I'll be very happy.

The question is if it's gonna have clan support on both platforms. -_-

GGPO is good. So far clan support is ps3 only I believe, but I'm not %100 sure. We do have the more dedicated crowd though ;) Not to mention we'd romp the xbl gaffers at sf4:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
haunts go easy on me kthx

If you're around now, we can do it now. Sunday night, or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday anytime are good too.

Edit: Mox wins 1-3, 3-2, 3-0. Rufus was too sexy for Cammy this time. Sorry boys, I let you down. Cannon Spike is no match for the majesty of EX Messiah Kick. Mox worked me in that last match :lol

It's up to you (again), TimeKillr and Capt. Show Mike Bison that real men know MMA, not boxing. And Blanka Bite your brother's head off, McBlack.

1-3 for me so far, that's fugly :(. Wanna forget this tourney when it's over :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
FindMyFarms said:
GGPO is good. So far clan support is ps3 only I believe, but I'm not %100 sure. We do have the more dedicated crowd though ;) Not to mention we'd romp the xbl gaffers at sf4:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
haunts go easy on me kthx

I feel bad for you being stuck on PSN. ;)

So I downloaded GGPO, but I can't get it to work. I can spectate on matches fine, but can't seem to challenge anyone...it hangs at the connection screen.

Killa Sasa said:
If you're around now, we can do it now. Sunday night, or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday anytime are good too.

Edit: Mox wins 1-3, 3-2, 3-0. Rufus was too sexy for Cammy this time. Sorry boys, I let you down. Cannon Spike is no match for the majesty of EX Messiah Kick. Mox worked me in that last match :lol

It's up to you (again), TimeKillr and Capt. Show Mike Bison that real men know MMA, not boxing. And Blanka Bite your brother's head off, McBlack.

1-3 for me so far, that's fugly :(. Wanna forget this tourney when it's over :lol

Just blame it on the goose ;)

Lyte Edge said:
I feel bad for you being stuck on PSN. ;)

So I downloaded GGPO, but I can't get it to work. I can spectate on matches fine, but can't seem to challenge anyone...it hangs at the connection screen.

Don't feel bad, I like the competition :p

Also, are you sure you didn't click on the afk button? Also, do you have the latest version? By connection screen, do you mean a new window pops up with teh game title, but it's just black and says connecting? Sometimes it's just a BITCH tryin to connect in GGPO and exiting/relogging to fix the issue is not uncommon at all.

Lyte Edge

I think I have the latest version...got it from GGPO.net. Not AFK either. It's hanging at the black "loading screen" that says I can try chatting (this is also mega-slow).

Lyte Edge said:
I think I have the latest version...got it from GGPO.net. Not AFK either. It's hanging at the black "loading screen" that says I can try chatting (this is also mega-slow).

If it says press T to chat then yeah, it's not you, its the server. Sometimes you just have to relog on, it's no the most stable thing. BTW do u play garou? KoF is nice, but I prefer Garou to it. I am forcing myself to get better at 98 though so I can be prepared once 12 comes out.

Lyte Edge

Was never as big into Garou as I was KOF, but sure, I'd play it! Used to have the AES cart and put some time into back in 2000, but I haven't really played it in like three-four years.

I've been reconnecting and trying different games with no success. Maybe it's a port issue.

Ploid 3.0

9r7twg.jpg

MoxManiac

Looks like if Galactic or Eraldo win their match, i'll be up against slayn again.

I'm ready for you blanka! This time it'll be different!

Looks like the 1 and 2 seed meet once again!

New Matches

Moxmaniac vs Slayn

GalacticAE vs Ermac

Akachan vs EraldoCoil

Do Mox and Eraldo get a shot at redemption? Does GalacticAE finally get a chance to play another tourney match? We'll find out!

FindMyFarms said:
Looks like the 1 and 2 seed meet once again!

New Matches

Moxmaniac vs Slayn

GalacticAE vs Ermac

Akachan vs EraldoCoil

Do Mox and Eraldo get a shot at redemption? Does GalacticAE finally get a chance to play another tourney match? We'll find out!

OOOOUUUURRRR TALE OF THE TAPE FOR THIS LOSER BRACKET FINALS MATCH....

(too lazy to write it out)

slayn

needs to show more effort.
slayn wins over mox 6-4

some very intense matches with lots of 0 life left victories.

mox definitely came to this round bigger and stronger than before but alas, it was not enough.

slayn said:
slayn wins over mox 6-4

some very intense matches with lots of 0 life left victories.

mox definitely came to this round bigger and stronger than before but alas, it was not enough.

oh yeah!! i live to fight under pressure!!! :D now it's my time to shine......

FindMyFarms said:
You have to win. Since I can't get my rematch w/ slayn, I want it against galactic.

oh, i have every intention to win, then after this, our team is just gonna have to go to the finals and mop the floor with you guys!!! ha!

Ploid 3.0

As a nice fun thing to do, how about the winning team go round robin to see who's the best of the team? Nothing important, and the tournament will already be over so it's not dragging the whole process on. Just as a fun extra celebration thing. It could be done in a few minutes. Just boot up into sf4 chat.

Ploid 3.0 said:
As a nice fun thing to do, how about the winning team go round robin to see who's the best of the team? Nothing important, and the tournament will already be over so it's not dragging the whole process on. Just as a fun extra celebration thing. It could be done in a few minutes. Just boot up into sf4 chat.

You trying to pit us against each other eh?! And sweet update again, if our team wins I'll send you my prize.

edit - Ploid, it's actually team 1 vs. team 2 in the loser's finals now (eraldo beat capt in team 7 already)

EraldoCoil said:
oh, i have every intention to win, then after this, our team is just gonna have to go to the finals and mop the floor with you guys!!! ha!

I talked to my ISP and they did some quick diagnostic thing and found nothing. They said they're going to do a line test in my area today and hopefully find the problem. I just keep getting disconnected like every 10-30 minutes for 1-3 minutes at a time. Maybe our teammates should play in the meantime. where is ermac?

Ploid 3.0

Are you trying to summon the great Galactic? He's 1-0 in this whole tournament. I bet he was planning on 1-0 for the final game but someone screwed up and caused him to play.

Ok any updates guys?

I'm going to go ahead and place a Tuesday deadline for the loser's finals bracket matches. Any matches not played shall be declared a draw. So if none of the remaining members play by then that means Slayn's team is going to the grand finals.

FindMyFarms said:
Ok any updates guys?

I'm going to go ahead and place a Tuesday deadline for the loser's finals bracket matches. Any matches not played shall be declared a draw. So if none of the remaining members play by then that means Slayn's team is going to the grand finals.

me and akachan are playing this weekend, he's been busy with work and stuff, we'll get it done.

Awesome

GRAND FINALS

Team Slayn vs. Team FindMyFarms

Since Slayn's team is coming out of losers, they'll have to win twice in order to win the championship. To make this easier, simply play BOTH sets in one session. Note, its not a best out of 3 sets now, it's just 2 sets, and then we can tally up the scores after results have been posted. If Slayn's team wins the first set, then we look to he 2nd set results to determine the grand champion.

Deadline is midnight this Sunday.

tl/dr - play 2 sets of best out of 3 matches (5 rounds), post results.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
hopefully I can find bdizzle online tonight or tomorrow night. Otherwise I'm not going to be available for a week starting wednesday.

I haven't played in awhile, so I'm going to need a few days to warm up again and muster the motivation. But I should be able to play Akachan by this Sunday.

good match slayn. ever since i got the 360 TE stick ive forgotten how much i hate the 6axis for sf4. I need to mod it ASAP

EDIT: forgot to post the results. I beat slayn in the 2nd set. I guess team banana won :D

bdizzle said:
good match slayn. ever since i got the 360 TE stick ive forgotten how much i hate the 6axis for sf4. I need to mod it ASAP

EDIT: forgot to post the results. I beat slayn in the 2nd set. I guess team banana won :D

aren't you the first ones to play so far?

akachan ningen said:
aren't you the first ones to play so far?

idk, when i was playing slayn after i won the match, he said our team won. i haven't been keeping up with where we are IRT to standings. whenever I get a PM or msg on PSN i just fight.

Who knows, maybe Akachan will beast on me. I haven't played the game in like two weeks. PM me Akachan, so we can set it up for the weekend.

Top Bottom