• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFchat SF4 Team Tournament. (PSN)

Ploid 3.0

Oh wow nice info. Now I'm thinking KS got this one. Why capcom, why can't we spectate, or record these events. Such fail.

For the new page. Updated loser bracket upper mach up.

Team 7 vs Team 6
Killa Sasa vs Lyte Edge
TimeKillr vs Sanjay
captmcblack vs Bob White

I'll update the bracket later today.

FindMyFarms said:
Damn Ploid you should get paid for this, you even got ME excited for the match haha! How awesome would it be if we could watch these matches live, or at least have them recorded locally then uploaded!.

Since you gave the Bruce Buffer hype, I'll provide the sherdog style "analysis" Note - All this comes from previous experiences with said players.

Team 7 vs Team 6

Killa Sasa (Cammy) vs Lyte Edge (Chun-Li)

Before I get on to the analysis, I gott give my boy Killa Sasa a little snippet here.
I believe that when Killa Sasa(KS) is at the top of his game, he can beat anyone on GAF psn. Unfortunately, KS tends to be streaky, sometimes going extremely hot, other times, being so erratic that he must be questioning his career choice of SF4. KS's 0-2 tournament record might fool some, but not me. Both of his matches have been against two players in what I'd call the S-Tier of GAF psn. Against Slayn, KS proved that he could be at the top, but just couldn't win in a match that could very well end differently on another Sunday. Against Gutter, KS had the misfortune of not only playing one of GAF's best, but going against a character(Honda) that is a terrible matchup for Cammy. It doesn't help that KS is new to the match up as well. At the end of the day, KS is VERY dangerous, anyone that's played him knows this.

Lyte Edge (LE) is a player that I've spent far less time with. I believe the only time we've played was our singles tourney match. Sorry LE, I can't give you a hype segment here.

On to the analysis. KS loves to play a very aggressive rushdown Cammy. Liberal use of cr. lk setups to throws or hit confirms are the norm with him. Once he gets in close, he's VERY hard to get off. He loves to play mind games after a close range air spike, and has steadily been improving with his Focus Attack mixups. KS weakness becomes apparent when he himself becomes rushed down. His all or nothing approach tends to leave his defense a little bit lacking, and when KS gets put on the defensive, he struggles to get his offensive momentum back. Lucky for him, this tends to be rare.

LE's style has probably changed from the last time we played. What I can say though is that LE plays a very safe and defensive style. While somewhat of a turtle, LE does tend to attack out of the blue at times in order to confuse the opponent and capitalize on surprise damage.

This matchup is extremely favorable for KS. His aggressive Cammy plays right into the hands of a defensive Chun-Li. With Spiral Arrow being a bane for Chun Li fireballs, and a Focus Attack that's can land a safe distance away from most of Chun's pokes gives KS a huge advantage in the ground department. Unfortunately for Chun, she also lacks a strong answer against air spikes, while Cammy's ground spike is one of the best AA's in the game. In order for LE to win this match, he'd have to take advantage of Chun-Li's liberal crossup options in order to force a mistake out of KS. Unfortunately, KS almost always presses the issue before his opponent, and I just don't see LE being able to gain momentum

My Prediction
Match 1 : 3-2 KS
Match 3 : 3-1 KS

I believe KS might struggle a bit against LE's defensive game in the first match, though he'll close out the victory. After having figured out LE's defense, expect a full blown rush approach from KS in the 2nd match to overwhelm LE.

I'm a little tired right now, so I'll do the other 2 matches in a bit lol.

LE plays a lot of cammy himself. Unless KS plays cammy a lot differently, he's going to know what to expect. LE's chunli isn't all that defensive either.

akachan ningen said:
LE plays a lot of cammy himself. Unless KS plays cammy a lot differently, he's going to know what to expect. LE's chunli isn't all that defensive either.

Like I said...

FindMyFarms said:
LE's style has probably changed from the last time we played

And I'm also going off personal experience, his Chun-Li was very defensive when we played, though he did admit to being off that day.

Regarding Cammy; from what I recall, LE likes to use spacing a lot with Cammy and mix you up with the Hooligan throw, whereas KS is a lot more in your face.

we'll see :p somebody should tape that match.

340x.jpg

Ploid 3.0

FindMyFarms said:
mvc ggpo nao

Wait wait wait, you guys do this too? I just heard about ggpo being made by fans that wanted to play fighting games online via pc. I wish my pc could play sf4 pc version. I bet that one will have lobbies, either modded in or by the dev.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yup, I was indeed "off" when I played FindMyFarms. I will never make the mistake of rushing to have an online tourney match with a noisy friend sitting next to me complaining, and having not been properly warmed up first again. :lol I did this TWICE in the previous tourney on both PS3 and 360 and paid for it. I fully believe I would have lost regardless though, especially to CPS2 on 360!

I'm not giving away any tricks of the trade. All I'm gonna say is that the way I played against FindMyFarms' Balrog is not necessarily the way I would play against a Cammy. ;) But it depends on both the player's style and the character chosen for how offensively or defensively I am going to play. Mind games are what I enjoy the most about fighters, not combos.

Looking forward to playing with Killer Sasa...thanks for added pressure of hyping the match up, guys! :p :lol

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
ploid your blanka skills are amazing, but I think I'm ready to take you down. Add me for sure

PSN: TONX
Player: Akuma

Ploid 3.0

Sorry about the last few times you've tried to get a rematch with me. I would either be afk or in the middle of something. The tournament is already underway but I'm sure there will be another one. No team next time though Im sure. The team thing kinda complicate things. It make the tree less branchy though.

MrOctober

Banned
In a shocking turn of events GalaticAE beats CrossingTheFrame like Crossing was holding the controller upside down. I know this is a total surprise to everyone here, that I, the master of four buttons lost a match. Can you just change my name on the brackets to "LOL" please?

MrOctober

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Haha, well good effort anyway, MrOctober.

And thus, our tournament comes to an end.

It actually does take effort to suck as bad as I do. I honestly don't think most of this thread could do it. There, a moral victory, I suck so hard you guys can't even compete with it. In your fucking faces.

MrOctober

Banned
FindMyFarms said:

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, and this is totally off topic, but that girl is a stripper (total surprise looking at the last picture) and she's a 10 in my book, plus she fucks like a wild banshee. It was unbelievable. And, forgive me as I brag just a little, the first thing she said afterward was "I need to bring my friend Deeana over here so you can watch her fuck me and then fuck the two of us, because I've never had a guy go down on me so well". Happiest moment of my life, so far. Hopefully it gets trumped by that actually happening.

MrOctober said:
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, and this is totally off topic, but that girl is a stripper (total surprise looking at the last picture) and she's a 10 in my book, plus she fucks like a wild banshee. It was unbelievable. And, forgive me as I brag just a little, the first thing she said afterward was "I need to bring my friend Deeana over here so you can watch her fuck me and then fuck the two of us, because I've never had a guy go down on me so well". Happiest moment of my life, so far. Hopefully it gets trumped by that actually happening.

You see? That's EXACTLY why you'll ALWAYS be a winner in my book.

MrOctober

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Dude how can I be sarcastic. Buck wild jungle sex with strippers looking to bring her taco feastin friend over can't be beat.

That's it three strikes. I struck out looking.

Lyte Edge

Killa Sasa, you around? Sent you a friend request a few days ago, but haven't had time to get on PSN in a few days myself.

I should be good to go from pretty much anytime tomorrow through the weekend though.

How about sometime on Friday or Saturday? I have the whole day off. I work all day tomorrow though, so I won't be on till like 12EST. But Friday and Saturday is A-OK, lemme know what works for you.

Lyte Edge

Killa Sasa said:
How about sometime on Friday or Saturday? I have the whole day off. I work all day tomorrow though, so I won't be on till like 12EST. But Friday and Saturday is A-OK, lemme know what works for you.

Just about anytime should be OK...

Ploid 3.0

Man I'm sorry for my absence guys. Will update tree now, and inform dfyb on what's going on with his progress today. Sorry again, got a new pc and forgot to save the pdf file to it.

your team is waiting on the results from Team 7 vs Team 6. You guys have to wait it out.

2akmfwm.jpg

Lyte Edge

TALE OF THE TAPE GIRL FIGHT:
--------------------------------------------
Killa Sasa Vs. Lyte Edge
Cammy Vs. Chun-Li
Battle Of The Legs
Boobs Vs. Boobs
Cheek To Cheek
Leotard Vs. China Dress
Lots of Chafing To Be Found
Consider Sweat Pants, Girls

***KILLA SASA WINS, 6-4!***

Match break down was 3-2 in both matches. CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE!! :lol

This was a very fast-paced, intense set of matches the entire way through! Lots of close calls, especially in round two of the last match. We literally had no life left on either bar! I got beat down pretty bad in the final round though! Killa Sasa-Maniacs tore the roof off the place, running wild!

Killa Sasa's use of hooligan combos, throwing, and well-timed cannon spikes, in conjunction with excellent use of FA's and FADC's really got him over the top! His Cammy is awesome and reminds me a lot of the way I play her. His kept close and kept on the pressure that made it difficult to counter attack out of, leading to the win! Good games man!! :D Definitely one of my favorite fights, easily.

Afterwards, we had some exhibition matches and I got my revenge using my own Cammy and then Chun-Li again, so Lyte Edge-Heads went home happy!

Lyte Edge said:
TALE OF THE TAPE GIRL FIGHT:
Killa Sasa Vs. Lyte Edge
Cammy Vs. Chun-Li
Battle Of The Legs
Boobs Vs. Boobs
Cheek To Cheek
Leotard Vs. China Dress
Lots of Chafing To Be Found
Consider Sweat Pants, Girls

***KILLA SASA WINS, 6-4!***

Match break down was 3-2 in both matches. CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE!! :lol

This was a very fast-paced, intense set of matches the entire way through! Lots of close calls, especially in round two of the last match. We literally had no life left on either bar! I got beat down pretty bad in the final round though! Killa Sasa-Maniacs tore the roof off the place, running wild!

Killa Sasa's use of hooligan combos, throwing, and well-timed cannon spikes, in conjunction with excellent use of FA's and FADC's really got him over the top! His Cammy is awesome and reminds me a lot of the way I play her. His kept close and kept on the pressure that made it difficult to counter attack out of, leading to the win! Good games man!! :D Definitely one of my favorite fights, easily.

Afterwards, we had some exhibition matches and I got my revenge using my own Cammy and then Chun-Li again, so Lyte Edge-Heads went home happy!

This was definitely the most intense sets I've had with anyone. The 2nd round of the last match was INSANE. I fumbled out a hooligan and it connected. I honestly just got lucky, Lyte Edge outplayed me. Taking away my airthrow with Chun's better one staggered me a bit, that's about half my air game :lol

And Lyte Edge's Cammy is better than mine. Great games man, we'll definitely have to play again. It was quite the show and worth the pre-game hype. :D

akachan ningen said:
I hope ermac is still around. He hasn't played yet and I won't be able to play spiderjericho until he gets back on friday.

He is. I communicate with him via PM's, and intimidate him with my quest for revenge on the forums.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
akachan ningen said:
I hope ermac is still around. He hasn't played yet and I won't be able to play spiderjericho until he gets back on friday.
I'm sure it will work out. Ermac will make quick work of findmyfarms, and then we won't have to wait for spiderjericho anyway.

edit:
Although I do think it would be kind of funny if we won the tournament without ermac ever playing. And then he can show up and be all, "wtf I won a tournament? When was this?"

Top Bottom