• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_m3gy5iB1241qg39ewo1_500.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the other news stories on that site

http://freshbrew.awfbase.com/conten...ily-says-she-was-last-seen-missing-white-girl

A black family welcomed home their missing daughter after police found her with a white girl that had been missing as well.

LaKwanza Washington's parents say they had told their daughter if she ever got lost to find a white child and take them with her.

" I'm so glad we gave her the neccesary skills to stay alive in this world" Lakwanza's mother said. " I'm just happy a she found a white girl as soon as she went missing"

LaKwanza went missing about 1 week ago after she was separated from her parents in a local mall. Her parents said they asked for help from mall security, local police, local news, the local newspaper and none of them responded.

"We couldn't even get her on the side of a milk carton, eventually we just had to put her picture on Facebook and hope for the best."

It wasn't until Washington's parents said that the lost girl was last seen with a missing white girl, Ashley Amanda, did the case recieved any attention.

"As soon as we said she was with that missing white girl, The National Guard, Park Rangers, Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, Retired Veterans, people from out of state flew in from miles around to help us find her. All the major news stations starting carrying updates on the search on air 24 hours, Nancy Grace dedicated an entire week to the search and even the governor stopped running the state to help find the girls. We even got word that NASA was using their satellites to locate them."

The girls were finally found after the president put a special ops team on the case.

"They didn't tell us how they did it or where they found her, they just dropped her off on the door step. The white girl got a parade and a vacation at Disneyland."

As of today Freshbrew is the only site carrying the return of LaKwanza.

this scalding satirical tea
ea2a4fdb.gif

X_______________________________________x

RIP.

WhoopiDead.gif

Poor Keri Hilson. Still getting dragged for some shade she threw (and apologized for) YEARS ago.

I actually want a new Keri Hilson album.

Miss Keri Baby

Me too. I don't even know why she still gets brought up for some old beef but I really miss her. I heard she's going on a hiatus to find herself. It sucks because I think, in terms of looks, she is one of the baddest females on the game :( In A Perfect World was her best album ever.

royalan

Poor Keri Hilson. Still getting dragged for some shade she threw (and apologized for) YEARS ago.

I actually want a new Keri Hilson album.

Miss Keri Baby

In A Perfect World is one of my favorite R&B albums ever. Oop.

No Boys Allowed was a shitfest though. I did love Pretty Girl Rock buuuuut that's it

MIMIC

Banned

LOL, what does Keri Hilson have to do with Beyonce? Is there some feud that I'm not aware of?

the other news stories on that site

And this: "Sharkiesha To Star In Next Tyler Perry Movie "The Boxer" xD

edit: this site is fucking killing me

RHb2X3Y.jpg

Irrelevant Rapper To Star In Movie With That Girl From That Group
A rapper, you know whats his name, is set to star in a new movie with that girl...from that group. Its about something and set to come out soon, we think. No one will watch it until they show the reruns on Oyxgen or WE Tv.

KpggvrD.gif
KpggvrD.gif

LOL, what does Keri Hilson have to do with Beyonce? Is there some feud that I'm not aware of?
Irrelevant Rapper To Star In Movie With That Girl From That Group

KpggvrD.gif
KpggvrD.gif

yoooooo lmao
Oh and RE Keri Hilson: She shaded Bey once and now stans drag her bald at every single opportunity.

Majmun

Her meltdown was amazing. The Hive brought her to her knees.

She’s also been sucker punched onstage by what was most likely a disgruntled Beyonce Stan and is constantly harrassed online and off about the “alleged” shade she threw at the “QUEEN” B

You don't mess with the Hive

i1q7hqzfq09OE.gif

Lawd, this website though

Elderly Woman Shocked Black Youth Didn't Steal Her Purse

stock-footage-old-people-and-feelings-portrait-of-worried-old-woman-with-white-hair.jpg

An area elderly woman is still reeling after encountering a black youth that didn't snatch her purse as he walked by.

"It just caught me completely off guard" Melinda Wilson, 64 said. "I thought thats what most of them did for a living"

Wilson said as she heard the black teenager approaching, she immediately clutched her purse close to her and waited to be attacked. "I braced myself for the worst, I closed my eyes and held my breath. I was overwhelmed when he just kept walking."

Sadly, Melinda was robbed later that afternoon by a white man who entered her home claiming to sell purse alarms.
io2OYk1Q8iSxC.gif

Mumei

I do think that Gaga is the only person who could have potentially pulled it off.

But to say, 'well what if Gaga had done all that stuff as well', you know, spent the whole year doing exactly what Bey did, I think is a much more complicated question to ask, because then you're basically kind of asking, 'if Gaga was in exactly the same position as Beyoncé in terms of her career, cultural penetration, fame, etc.—could she have done a Beyoncé'? At that point the question is so dilute, the answer is 'yes'. But that doesn't strike me as a particularly interesting question. Anybody in the position to do what Bey did would have been in the position to do what Bey did.

I think maybe you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying, "If Gaga was in exactly the same position as Beyoncé in terms of her career, cultural penetration, etc."; I was just suggesting that if she'd followed the same promotional path as Beyoncé and released the same album as she did that she would have a similar initial response - hundreds of thousands of albums sold in the first few days. I think they would have diverged in the second week, precisely because I don't think Gaga is in the same place in terms of her career and cultural penetration... and because the album simply isn't as good.

Oh yeah, I can stan it up in here without reproach from musoGAF.

I just can't help it, chick be so fly!

DN0vHQi.jpg

I do lurk from time to time, but I have no frame of reference when it comes to the "gossip" stuff, I usually just drive by post if I'm digging some recent pop music. Like Pure Heroine that I've listened to like 10 times in the last three days. She's so good man.

400 Lux, Buzzcut Season, Gore and Glory and White Teeth Teens are particularly good. A World Alone is such a gorgeous closer too, makes me want to reach for play again immediately!

Pure Heroine is a great album, yeah. I listened to it again today and I like almost every song.

And, for the record, Hayley and Paramore are great too. *brofist*

jbug617

Banned
Full list from Hits Daily Double
Beyoncé (Columbia) 383k
Garth Brooks (Pearl) 200k
One Direction (SYCO/Columbia) 168k
The Robertsons (EMI Nashville) 129k
Kelly Clarkson (RCA) 123k
Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 119k
Katy Perry (Capitol) 101k
Frozen (Disney) 82k
Lorde (Lava/Republic) 69k
Luke Bryan (Capitol Nashville) 69k
Michael Buble (Reprise) 66k
Now 48 (UMe) 65k
R. Kelly (RCA) 62k
Mary J. Blige (Verve) 62k
Florida Georgia Line (Republic Nashville) 61k
Imagine Dragons (KidinaKorner/Interscope) 53k
Lady Gaga (Interscope) 53k
Miley Cyrus (RCA) 51k
Justin Timberlake (RCA) 46k
*B.o.B. (Atlantic) 40k
Drake (YM/CM/Republic) 39k
Susan Boyle (SYCO/Columbia) 35k
Pentatonix (Madison Gate) 30k
Celine Dion (Columbia) 28k
Britney Spears (RCA) 27k

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You do too much on the poor sis.

She should have known I'm trouble since her first post
So shame on her now
Her mind flew to places I'd never been
'Til I put her down, oh
Now she laying on the cold dry turkey
Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble
Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

Mau ®

Merry XXXmas bros!

Have a good one!

Also, Uncharted 3 is the best game in the series. I confirmed this fact a few hours ago. Deal.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;94719742 said:
Merry XXXmas bros!

Have a good one!

Also, Uncharted 3 is the best game in the series. I confirmed this fact a few hours ago. Deal.

picgifs-uncharted-2-307966.gif

Merry Xmas Mau

Mau ®;94719742 said:
Merry XXXmas bros!

Have a good one!

Merry Xmas buddy! <3

And agreed, UC3 > 1 and 2. Don't know what some of these hoes are talking about. ;)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Everyone would have praised UC3 if it came before UC2

its just like how everyone would praise BTW if it came before TFM

iw3TQ3zklLHnh.gif

I am hoping UC4 doesn't have an ARTPOP scenario

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Do you think there's anything that Born This Way does better than TFM? Be it lyrics, production, vocals, subject matter, etc.? Just curious to know.

There's a few songs on BTW I really like. Americano, Bloody Mary, Bad Kids, Highway Unicorn (#justiceforhighwayunicorn), Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel. I think the problem with it is my same as with ARTPOP, it just sounds too unpolished and unfinished in places.

There's not a single song on The Fame Monster which is just straight-up bad. The worst you can say is that Gaga's written better (So Happy I Could Die, Teeth, Speechless). But BTW, to me, sounds so much like ideas from TFM reheated and diluted. I don't really think the album is doing much that TFM didn't do, and in most cases, better.

I think I'm probably way too harsh on BTW, like with ARTPOP (and with most albums that I constantly trash). BTW is a good album.

BUT, TFM is really, really good, all in part because Bad Romance is one of the best pop songs ever written. Bad Romance, I honestly think, is strong enough on its own to guarantee that TFM is better than BTW.

The lyrics are the best Gaga has ever written (notably, there's no heavily forced references or naff attempts at wordplay&#8212;the pun on bad romance, and the double entendre nature of the entire lyrical content of the song is just there, it's not laboured on, your attention isn't drawn to it; the lyrics are straightforward but striking [I want you ugly, I want your disease/I want your everything as long as it's free]). The melody is astonishingly catchy all the way through and there are some serious sing-along-belt-it-out lyrics (too many to repeat them all: virtually the whole song invites drunken belting).

The production is absolutely perfectly on-point. One example; when the second chorus kicks in and there's the extra synth boop boop boop boop playing along on each beat&#8212;it's small but it's the kind of perfectly placed production that truly, perfectly elevates a song. It ensures that the song is just barrelling along with a kind of unstoppable pop force, you don't get bored, the energy never fizzles out. Another: the synth screams during "I want your love/Love love love/I want your love". The off-beat, sycopated, jaunt of the whole song, the punching, marching rhythm of the drum beat.

Bad Romance is literally perfect from start to finish. It's the kind of pop song that even the snobbiest Real Music Lovers can't help but admit is a damn good song, which is a big clue that it's transcendentally great pop music (another example: Toxic). It's the kind of song that's so good that even a reheated, warmed over facsimile (Nicole Scherzinger's Poison) slays. My mind reels that not everybody agrees that it's by far and away Gaga's best song, because it strikes me that it's by so much her best song that it's not even close.

I hope that goes some way to answering your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom