• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any actual credence in the whole "we don't want to upstage Miley" thing?

I'm sure not. Why would they fight to have one big moment instead of potentially two?

It's possible they denied her idea because of production demands, either that or the torture aspect of it might be a bit too extreme, even for the VMAs.

Honestly Applause is a pretty strong choice for first single, all things considered. It's a great amp-up song, it was just upstaged by a more popular Katy Perry song. Any song Gaga could have chosen would have likely suffered the same fate.

royalan

I'm sure not. Why would they fight to have one big moment instead of potentially two?

It's possible they denied her idea because of production demands, either that or the torture aspect of it might be a bit too extreme, even for the VMAs.

Honestly Applause is a pretty strong choice for first single, all things considered. It's a great amp-up song, it was just upstaged by a more popular Katy Perry song. Any song Gaga could have chosen would have likely suffered the same fate.

iusqAwxWbjXnJ.gif

Sis...

The things people come up with..

Superstar Lady Gaga got pushed aside for no name Miley Cyrus? One stage production wasn't going to make or break Artpop.

Miley couldn't even get a solo introduction while Gaga got the opener, all to herself.

DMeisterJ

Banned
We probably won't ever get the DWUW music video. It was funded by Atom Factory, Gaga's old management whom she fired, so they legally own it and she has no right to release it. Therefore she has to reshoot it, or scrap the idea entirely. Given that she said she was working on a video recently, it is possible it got reshot. But regardless the video won't be coming out any time soon.

This is quite possibly the most depressing thing I've read in quite some time. I HATE GAGA. She's so stupid. Oh well.

"Dark Horse", her vid, will be here before too long

81HN4.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
We probably won't ever get the DWUW music video. It was funded by Atom Factory, Gaga's old management whom she fired, so they legally own it and she has no right to release it. Therefore she has to reshoot it, or scrap the idea entirely. Given that she said she was working on a video recently, it is possible it got reshot. But regardless the video won't be coming out any time soon.

This doesnt make sense since Bobby is her manager and he still works at Atom Factory plus labels usually fund videos

i4AV20vDsPLVF.gif

cory64

Roc Nation has copyright on the Pour It Up video so it's not unheard of.

Gaga is definitely not with Atom Factory anymore, not just Troy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The Once Upon A Dream cover by Lana del Rey...

It's so... Haunting

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
but wait

why am i apparently on my own ignore list????

JMf4Kmu.png

even GAF itself can't deal with the scalding tea i so regularly spill

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Bobby Campbell isn't with Atom Factory anymore.

oop I read his linkedin wrong

still it doesnt make sense for Gaga and Terry to be teasing a video owned by Atom Factory a month later after they split or shooting it after she fired Troy
plus her excuse was she was just given a week to do it and didnt like the result and even threw the Applause video under the bus

16195842a3n3gmy8wwktd.gif

Bladenic

I'm in misery where you can seem as old as your omens
And the mother we share will never keep your proud head from falling
The way is long but you can make it easy on me
And the mother we share will never keep our cold hearts from calling

Mumei

but wait

why am i apparently on my own ignore list????

JMf4Kmu.png

even GAF itself can't deal with the scalding tea i so regularly spill

I am also on my own Ignore list. I don't know why it happens but it obviously doesn't affect anything.

I don't actually have anyone on my Ignore list; it would sort of make it more difficult to know when they've screwed up.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I am also on my own Ignore list. I don't know why it happens but it obviously doesn't affect anything.

I don't actually have anyone on my Ignore list; it would sort of make it more difficult to know when they've screwed up.

My ignore list is empty too

You can't actually add yourself to you own ignore list tho

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I've just realised that the Grammys completely snubbed Kesha. Her only mention would have been a thing with Doctor Luke for producer of the year. She should have at least got a nom for pop vocal album because lord knows Warrior was better than all the other abums in that category bar Paradise.

A glaring oversight by the grammy folk.

edit; In fact she's never been nominated for a grammy before. How is it that Carly Rae got a nom for Call me Maybe and kesha didnt for tik tok? Disgusting.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I've just realised that the Grammys completely snubbed Kesha. Her only mention would have been a thing with Doctor Luke for producer of the year. She should have at least got a nom for pop vocal album because lord knows Warrior was better than all the other abums in that category bar Paradise.

A glaring oversight by the grammy folk.

edit; In fact she's never been nominated for a grammy before. How is it that Carly Rae got a nom for Call me Maybe and kesha didnt for tik tok? Disgusting.

avOaL.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Unorthodox Jukebox, Pure Heroine, 20/20, Blurred Lines.
Warrior is better than them all. Die Young >> Roar too (but I'm not sure if Die Young would be the year before)

Why Perra has received so many nominations yet Kesha hasn't even had one actually baffles me.

Why is the music video of this oh so obvious take off/send up of "We Can't Stop" so much better than when Miley tried it?
The lead singer having a better ass than Miley notwithstanding.

Is that the piano bit from Hometown Glory at the start?

Matt_

Love In To The Light, Warrior, Die Young, Supernatural, Out Alive, Last Goodbye, Past Lives, All That Matters all flawless
The only tracks I'm not too into are the more rocky ones, which kinda worries me because I seem to remember reading that that is the direction she wants to go in

I don't recall anyone saying they hated Wariror after it flopped tho.

Currently jamming to Thinking of Jesus tbh.

I don't think anyone say they hated it, but everyone seemed to like it the week it came out then either pretended it didn't exist or started to be a lot more negative to it

Also what is up with gaf today? its been slow as shit

Also what is up with gaf today? its been slow as shit
The failed outing of Gaming side celebrity/industry insider "crazy buttocks on a train" attracted the entirety of Reddit's vulture-like denizens.

GAF's servers, like Ke$ha's career, crumbled underneath the pressure.

more at 11

Bladenic

Unorthodox Jukebox, Pure Heroine, 20/20, Blurred Lines.
Warrior is better than them all. Die Young >> Roar too (but I'm not sure if Die Young would be the year before)

Why Perra has received so many nominations yet Kesha hasn't even had one actually baffles me.

Is that the piano bit from Hometown Glory at the start?

Completely agreed. Sure, she's yet to win one, but Katy still has nominations tallying the double digits. Totally insane IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom