• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idina Menzel will perform "Let it Go" at the Oscars.

Jennifer-Lawrence-Fist-Pump.gif

YESSS!

uJ3NZrY.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
bye, the combined powers of charli, sky and grimes shit on that gagadusa cover

tcrumput: she has an album out this year i think...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't think I liked a single song on Sky's album. Everything was just below average pop

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm having an absolute moment with superlove

i dunno why it didn't hook me when i first heard it but god it's got its claws in now

wanna crawl into your superlove
yeah my heart never wants you to stop
please save me
cos i never seem to get enough
you're the bullet and you're making me drop
please save me
so give me all of your superlove
because my body is so close to you
i'm waiting
dive here in your arms, fall in love with you

ibxBvCg6we3Vax.gif

I don't think I liked a single song on Sky's album. Everything was just below average pop

d

That's how I feel about Charli her debut. I do like a few songs on True Romance mainly the ones that were released ages before the album even came out.

But the rest is forgettable trash.

Fey

Banned
"Memoirs of a Gaga
Interview by Elton John"

god that must've been the most fan wankiest, disgusting reverse blowjob/69-esque interview.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
1.7 Million in the US and 2.6 Million WW. A LOCAL mess.

Will she even clock the 6M that Loud did? Her sales are already starting to fall off of a cliff.

What's 6M x 15.99?

What is this nonsense?
1. Why are you comparing her most recent release to Rihanna's highest selling album? Beyoncé will clock Unapologetic worldwide in a month or two (if it hasn't already), it will clock Loud's US sales in a few weeks (if it hasn't already) and that aside Bey has three other solo albums that all trounce Loud's sales.
2. Acting like Loud sold 6M at full price is hilarious

Bonus goodies: Rihanna was bankrupt in 2009
Looks like the carter tax was too much for your fave

Matt_

“Mr. Gounis advised Ms. Fenty that she could afford to purchase [the home] at a time when Ms. Fenty was in financial dismay,” her court documents say.

“In 2009, Ms. Fenty was ‘running out of cash’ and Mr. Gounis knew this,” the papers say, quoting a deposition in Rihanna’s federal breach of contract and negligence lawsuit.

“Ms. Fenty’s accounts were so diminished that requested wire transfers would not go through. In fact, Ms. Fenty was effectively bankrupt at the end of 2009.”

Her lawyer's words.

Matt_

It doesn't I was going to post the article anyway

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
'not having any money' is what you were looking for.

#NVAY

what a flop failed drag
ahh.gif

'bankruptcy is predicated on not being able to repay your creditors, not having any money' doesn't even make sense as a sentence
ahh.gif

flying those true #NVAY covers as per
ahh.gif

i was right the first time, bankruptcy is predicated on not being able to pay your creditors, not having no money

DMeisterJ

Banned
what a flop failed drag
ahh.gif

'bankruptcy is predicated on not being able to repay your creditors, not having any money' doesn't even make sense as a sentence
ahh.gif

flying those true #NVAY covers as per
ahh.gif

i was right the first time, bankruptcy is predicated on not being able to pay your creditors, not having no money

"bankruptcy is predicated on not being able to repay your creditors, not having no money" sounds better as, "Bankruptcy is predicated on not being able to repay your creditors, not lacking money"

#NVAY

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
"bankruptcy is predicated on not being able to repay your creditors, not having no money" sounds better as, "Bankruptcy is predicated on not being able to repay your creditors, not lacking money"

#NVAY

and 'come here rude boy boy can you achieve erection' 'sounds better' than 'come here rude boy boy can you get it up' but at least they're both acceptable grammar usage unlike your previous correction

d @ the first question on the list, the WSJ not knowing that referring to singular nouns comprised of multiple people being a perfectly acceptable locution in british english

(i still picked A tho because i am crafty and anticipated their being wrong)

Matt_

New EP - "SIRENS"

To get going, I've decided my first release of 2014 will be a 3 track EP called "Sirens". Each track will have its own video, something I've never done before! I shot the videos in the 10 days leading up to Christmas. Two were directed by brilliant new director Jack Bowden and the other was made by Ferry Gouw, who's done loads of cool stuff. As ever, they were styled by the amazing Phoebe Arnold, who I've worked with since the very beginning, and the whole process was art directed by Studio Moross. I'm so happy to be working with them!

I hope this EP creates a lot of excitement, and will be worth the wait for you guys. Each video will be released with only a few weeks between them, so you'll get to hear all of the tracks on the EP by the end of April. It will then be available to download on iTunes As I said earlier, I have to rebuild interest, excitement and anticipation in advance of releasing my album, and that's the main reason for putting out this EP. I'm not expecting it to chart or anything, but I hope it gives me a solid platform to have hit songs in the future. To wish for anything more at this stage would be a bit unrealistic. However, fortune favours the brave and I think this campaign is really exciting, fun, and something quite different, so fingers crossed you guys like it!

I'll be releasing lots of bits and pieces as we go through the next few days and weeks - logo, artwork, cover shots, amazing remixes as well as the videos and original tracks themselves. The first song to be released is probably one of the strangest tracks I've ever worked on! It's called "Seashells" and I thought if I don't release this song now I will never release it!! It's very different for me, but it's just got something about it that I really love, hopefully, you guys will too.

Finally, once again, thank you to anyone who has ever taken an interest in what I've been doing these last four years. Thanks to anyone who has downloaded a track, come to a gig, sent me a tweet, bought something from the Florrie Shop, or just been following my journey ...YOU make my life special and everything I do worthwhile. Your support and passion is unbelievable and I'm so lucky to have you! As I said, the music will keep coming from now on....WORLD DOMINATION HERE WE COME!

Lots of love, Florrie x

https://www.facebook.com/florrie.music

YASSS She is coming I am so hyped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom