• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutroy

Having some Samantha Mumba nostalgia. Gotta Tell You, Always Come Back to Your Love, Body II Body and Baby Come on Over were all jams.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Tropico was a project thats sole purpose was to provide closure for Lana's Paradise era. She did not release any of those songs to radio and she didn't promote them so bye.
And Lana's recent hit, Summertime Sadness, has way more views than Applesauce so bye to that too.

Whereas Lana has cohesive VISIONS for her eras, Gaga is flopping because she's just throwing shit to the wall to see what sticks. So far, none of her projects have stuck, and now she's preparing to lunge her longest most desperate FARTPOOP piece yet.

ines63.gif

closure that only garnered less than 3 M views but no one is surprised since it took a remix and 5 singles later for her to have a hit which is the definition of throwing shit to the wall and even then

Summertime Sadness: 131 M Views
Applause: 141 M views

looks like Gaga's projects do stick, nice try tho
makegret.gif

:negativeman:

Hot Damn was a lot better! I liked the chorus. I'm on I Don't Wanna Wake Up right now.

closure that only garnered less than 3 M views but no one is surprised since it took a remix and 5 singles later for her to have a hit which is the definition of throwing shit to the wall and even then

makegret.gif

drag the donald duck tribute act

SaintZ

makegret.gif
The only official singles of the BTD era were Born To Die, Blue Jeans and that was it. Summertime Sadness was released in Germany only until the remix. Video Games happened before Lana had her deal with Interscope, Carmen was a promo single for Europe and Ride was the single from Paradise. Also none of those songs were sent to radio (only the remix was). Lana didn't have a spread in V Magazine. She didn't perform on any award shows, didn't do any daytime talkshow promo, didn't have a radio deal etc.

And speaking of things that stick:

BB200:

56 - Born To Die after 106 weeks
59 - ARTPOP after 13 weeks

iTunes:

13 - Born To Die
299 - ARTPOP (wait, really? this can't be right...)

And all of this with barely any promo, hew else

makegret.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Yas sis.

I was just about to clock ha with Lana's album position.

But even then, I'm glad our fave is not a hypocritical mess who falls into a depression when she's flopping.

iMWv97398Sj59.gif

Majmun

Rihanna and Bey stans say they like the other artist all the time so they don't look pressed.

My current trinity
Modern popular female artist that I use the most.
1. Bey
2. Rihanna
3. Lady Gaga

My current hewnity
Female artists that I love, but somehow never smash.
1. Robyn
2. Janelle Monae
3. Katy B

But my all-time faves are probably Mariah, Madonna(1984-2000) and Bey.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The only official singles of the BTD era were Born To Die, Blue Jeans and that was it. Summertime Sadness was released in Germany only until the remix. Video Games happened before Lana had her deal with Interscope, Carmen was a promo single for Europe and Ride was the single from Paradise. Also none of those songs were sent to radio (only the remix was). Lana didn't have a spread in V Magazine. She didn't perform on any award shows, didn't do any daytime talkshow promo, didn't have a radio deal etc.

And speaking of things that stick:

BB200:

56 - Born To Die after 106 weeks
59 - ARTPOP after 13 weeks

iTunes:

13 - Born To Die
299 - ARTPOP (wait, really? this can't be right...)

And all of this with barely any promo, hew else

makegret.gif

It seems the lana stans suffer from short term memory as well since they have already forgotten the extensive 2 year campaign Born To Die has had including promo from movie soundtracks and a re-release as well as several magazine covers and even an H&M campaign. Just cause awards shows didnt invite her to perform (I mean can you blame them after SNL) or radio didn't want their listeners to tune out doesn't mean the promo wasn't there

For a debut album those receipts are cute but are lacking compared to others including Gaga's who achieved what she has in half the time and then exceeded. As for the iTunes position BTD is discounted that's why its next to albums from Fall Out Boy and Wicked with her having a new song out attached to a movie trailer while Gaga has no single out right now. Yall can keep trying but Lana will never be as big as Gaga especially since we are barely talking about album sales and not even touching the rest of the receipts. Lets not even mention how Applause + DWUW have probably outsold most of her singles

and your fave may not be depressed (which is questionable considering she likes to portray herself as a prostitute) but she sure becomes pressed while others acquire success and she has to wait years for just 1 hit single. Almost as pathetic as this new Nintendo direct
angelinajoliemovieclips.gif

royalan

SATCH, MUMEI, ROB, LEONA, I'M CALLING YOU ALL TO THE FLOOR.

So Patti Labelle filmed an episode of The Queen Latifah Show recently, and they just put a preview on YouTube.

In the preview, Queen Latifah asks Patti who in the industry inspires her. Patti lists only TWO names, and then proceeds to shade the rest of the industry.

Those two names? Well, I won't spoil it...just see for yourself.

ibgjC9nxzobYpt.gif

So Patti Labelle filmed an episode of The Queen Latifah Show recently, and they just put a preview on YouTube.

In the preview, Queen Latifah asks Patti who in the industry inspires her. Patti lists only TWO names, and then proceeds to shade the rest of the industry.

ibgjC9nxzobYpt.gif
I care this much about what Patti LaBelle has to say.

Aguila

#ICONIC
It seems the lana stans suffer from short term memory as well since they have already forgotten the extensive 2 year campaign Born To Die has had including promo from movie soundtracks and a re-release as well as several magazine covers and even an H&M campaign. Just cause awards shows didnt invite her to perform (I mean can you blame them after SNL) or radio didn't want their listeners to tune out doesn't mean the promo wasn't there

For a debut album those receipts are cute but are lacking compared to others including Gaga's who achieved what she has in half the time and then exceeded. As for the iTunes position BTD is discounted that's why its next to albums from Fall Out Boy and Wicked with her having a new song out attached to a movie trailer while Gaga has no single out right now. Yall can keep trying but Lana will never be as big as Gaga especially since we are barely talking about album sales and not even touching the rest of the receipts. Lets not even mention how Applause + DWUW have probably outsold most of her singles

and your fave may not be depressed (which is questionable considering she likes to portray herself as a prostitute) but she sure becomes pressed while others acquire success and she has to wait years for just 1 hit single. Almost as pathetic as this new Nintendo direct
angelinajoliemovieclips.gif

idk what you are really arguing about tbh

We all know Lana has not seen the same success as Gaga's PAST eras, but Lana is doing great at the moment, better than Gaga (at the moment) which is the point.

Gaga has lost ha mojo. That big marketing giant who knew how to rouse an audience is gone, replaced by a crazed quack whose been deluded by little monsturds, her feelings for ART this and POP that, and some abramovic chick.

Her next move will show us whether she's learned anything at all from ARTPOP's flop beginning. Lettuce pray for it.

makegret.gif

Touchdown

Banned
idk what you are really arguing about tbh

We all know Lana has not seen the same success as Gaga's PAST eras, but Lana is doing great at the moment, better than Gaga (at the moment) which is the point.

Gaga has lost ha mojo. That big marketing giant who knew how to rouse an audience is gone, replaced by a crazed quack whose been deluded by little monsturds, her feelings for ART this and POP that, and some abramovic chick.

Her next move will show us whether she's learned anything at all from ARTPOP's flop beginning. Lettuce pray for it.

makegret.gif

And not quite sure what you're arguing either sis. In this very moment in time yes Lana is doing great (for her standards). But time is a fleeting thing.

ibtWSwsyAkVPjU.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Fantasia?

That bitch who had a song called "Collard Greens & Cornbread?"

Patti, you can keep that shit all to yourself.

Aguila

#ICONIC
And not quite sure what you're arguing either sis. In this very moment in time yes Lana is doing great (for her standards). But time is a fleeting thing.

ibtWSwsyAkVPjU.gif

I'm arguing about Gaga's state of mind.

Don't you have a prayer circle to attend for Mooriah's 50th promo single leading up to her no1curranymore album.

bye3.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm cool as a cucumber's seminal fluids.

But mostly because I just arrived from shoveling my car out of the driveway and my balls have just about turned into hairy ice cubes.

This mental image I have is not a pleasant one

ibgjC9nxzobYpt.gif

Poor Patti, her senility. :(

Touchdown

Banned
I'm arguing about Gaga's state of mind.

Don't you have a prayer circle to attend for Mooriah's 50th promo single leading up to her no1curranymore album.

bye3.gif

Mooriah? That's a new one. /sarcasm

Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness #199

Mariah Carey - You're Mine (Eternal) #23

bye3.gif

Dead at Patti shading the industry but having the nerve to put Xtina and FANTASIA of all people, in the same sentence LOL. But I'm pretty sure that hew she was dismissing starts with a M...

Satch

Banned

ibgjC9nxzobYpt.gif
botty showed this to me yesterday

she is up there in age so senility is always knocking on her menopausal door

Mumei

Um.

I really don't like doing this unless I have strong feelings one way or another (really love or really... let's say unimpressed), but I guess I liked her voice, overall. I listened to a live performance, though, because studio performances these days aren't necessarily a good indicator of actual ability, and I wasn't quite as impressed with her performance. It's hard to tell from a couple of acoustic performances and a 'normal' performance with bad audio; she doesn't have to push herself much in the former and it's hard to hear well in the latter. That said, she sounds like she's shouting at least some of the time, and the "From New York to LA" high part sounded shaky, at best. I'm also not completely convinced that that's the actual weight of her voice; it has this affected quality that makes me suspicious that it isn't. I'm not sure, though.

TL;DR: I like her voice, some aspects of her performing could use work, and I might listen to her if she has any studio work I like. Honestly I wasn't really a fan of the music itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom