• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still would.

DjSBxud.gif

You nasty though.

Guuize.. Looks aren't the only thing that matters. He looks like he can dress well, he produces really good videos too so I'll mess around. I guess I am Expensive with well Artistic Taste. If he helped BeystYonce, it could only mean he's worth the one night for.

tumblr_n1d8j63wyc1si9w78o3_250.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't think BEYONCE will be a timeless album, because the songs themselves aren't infectious enough.

I mean, yeah, people are saying "Surfboart!" now, but people were also saying "Shine Bright!" last year, and "Shake your laffy taffy!" a few years before that. It's easier now than ever to sloganize something; that alone isn't an indication of cultural longevity. I think that if the music on BEYONCE were going to achieve any sort of cultural significance, we'd see those having significance chart performance like 21 and even Emancipation of Mimi (which were chart BEASTS) tracks did. But BEYONCE tracks are not charting much better than any other typical hit single would.

As it is, people bought the album en masse because the world fell for Beysatan's gimmick release strategy (which is really the only thing this album will truly be remembered for). But the popularity of the music itself really only exists within the microcosm of ATRL/ONTD/Blogosphere/Pop Music Standom. And even most of those people are cognizant enough now to realize that, had Beyonce released this album in a standard way, nobody would really care because the album itself is boring and devoid of catchy hits, despite being surprisingly well-assembled.

That's the tea.
Delusional rubbish, please stay bothered.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
!

Drag the delusions !

People give this album too much credit. There are catchy tunes here or there, but when your fave constantly puts out hits, you have a better ear for songs that have cultural influence or impact, and BEYONCE has none. Drunk in Love is big now, because it's smashing on the radio (but not iTunes, poor mess just got certified plat after three months), but will it be what she's remembered for, or will she have ushered in a new era of music by releasing it? Nah.

Impact is when you release a song and the whole industry takes notice and starts to morph around that sound. As much as you guys hate on the Queen, Rihanna, WFL was a song that had IMPACT. It ushered in a whole era of copycat singers and singles trying to emulate the sound that Calvin and Rihanna so eloquently put together in her single. The dance-pop era is long dead now (See: ARTPOP sales), but when you think of that era and the song that best encapsulates it, you think of WFL. Not because it's the most successful, but because so many songs derived their sound from it. Nevermind it having the impact to launch a career of a relative nobody into success.

As it stands, DriL is a great song to listen to for the time being.
Except Bounce came first.

Stay delusional and bothered, bye.

cory64

Except Bounce came first.

Stay delusional and bothered, bye.

Bounce didn't even chart in the US tho. Not even top 10 on the dance chart.

Even Calvin himself said that he didn't have any #impact until WFL blew up
"It changed absolutely everything. Career-wise it was the best thing that could ever have happened. For example, in America my tune 'Feel So Close' came out about three months before. But when 'We Found Love' came out, the radio started playing 'Feel So Close' like it was the single after. Then that did really well, it charted well and sold a lot of copies.
—Harris talking about the success of "We Found Love"[3]

Delusional rubbish, please stay bothered.

Gather him. Roy stays stanning these high concept low talent bitches. I swear he only lauds Rihanna to be contrary. The absolute nerve and unmitigated gall of her to come for anyone's IMPACT when his fave is Christina Aguilera, features artist of our generation, shows that there's no fathoming the depth of his pop hipster depravity.
ibypTr0WwhXe8n.gif

royalan

Gather him. Roy stays stanning these high concept low talent bitches. I swear he only lauds Rihanna to be contrary. The absolute nerve and unmitigated gall of her to come for anyone's IMPACT when his fave is Christina Aguilera, features artist of our generation, shows that there's no fathoming the depth of his pop hipster depravity.
ibypTr0WwhXe8n.gif

My fave's impact is undeniable, as evidenced by the fact that her very moniker (VOICE OF OUR GENERATION) was given to her.

Stay mad, tho. It's cute. *.*

cory64

THE CHAINSMOKERS – #SELFIE: 19.901 (+ 1.246)
11 The Chainsmokers - #SELFIE 0.1783

not this VILE song blowing up
It's like Gentleman and Let's Have A KiKi were mashed together by a 13 year old

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Not Gaga mentioning a DOPE SINGLE COVER on Facebook. Done with this hew.

*sigh* I saw that today too :(
I love Gaga, she's my fave (her and Madonna) and that won't change but damn girl, if Dope is the next single I'm just over this era. Dope and J&D are trash and the only 2 songs I've deleted off Artpop though I love the rest of the album

WHAT ABOUT G.U.Y, VENUS, or GYPSY? what about all those recent video shoot pics? Was she shooting Dope all along? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

xaosslug

*sigh* I saw that today too :(
I love Gaga, she's my fave (her and Madonna) and that won't change but damn girl, if Dope is the next single I'm just over this era. Dope and J&D are trash and the only 2 songs I've deleted off Artpop though I love the rest of the album

WHAT ABOUT G.U.Y, VENUS, or GYPSY? what about all those recent video shoot pics? Was she shooting Dope all along? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

maybe, she's pulling a Beyonce and gearing up to drop a surprise ARTPOP re-release, complete w/ every song having a corresponding vidja...?

i don't think that would salvage this era by any stretch, but for sure it might energize her fanbase, which I think is what she needs to focus on most, rn. Just... stop the bleeding. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom