• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of bored, so let's play a game...

Make a list of your faves—well... the one's you haven't dropped within the last 5 minutes. Now give yourself a point every time one of your faves appears before Xtina on the charts: billboard. Now, deduct points each time someone has mentioned Xtina in this thread; two points each time you've mentioned her.

tumblr_mw5gohQSg31qjdgemo1_250.gif

To be fair, I never technically denied Xtina her power as a features artist.

I have a better game. Look for Xtina on the charts and give yourself a point. But then deduct two every time she's the featured artist on a track.

okQTgI2.gif

cory64

Let's be real, Bey only made a fool out of Gaga and maybe Miley (who still got a #1 alber and single). Katy got 2 #1s and her album sales haven't slowed dowm, and no other major girls had eras within striking distance of Bey's. Rih even managed another #1 in between errors.

botty

Banned
To be fair, I never technically denied Xtina her power as a features artist.

I have a better game. Look for Xtina on the charts and give yourself a point. But then deduct two every time she's the featured artist on a track.

okQTgI2.gif

We aren't talking about featured artist, though. We're talking about the general public ignoring her. Why is it that Xtina's version of "Say Something" is charting higher than the original "Say Something"? Surely with the public ignoring her the original song should have been charting?

tumblr_mw5gohQSg31qjdgemo1_250.gif

Yado

R. Kelly pulls out a tube of “ARTPOP” BBQ sauce that he slowly moves between his legs to represent a penis. Then, he squirts it all out on Lady Gaga, as if he is having an orgasm. Lady Gaga rubs the BBQ sauce all over her body and even licks it with her fingers. R. Kelly then bends down and proceeds to lick the BBQ sauce. Suddenly, we see Lady Gaga dressed as an old and fat Lady lying on a rainbow-colored bed to imply that it was all a dream. She then looks at her finger and sees some of the BBQ sauce that was spilled on her during the dream. She looks at the camera, screams, and the video ends.

ibcXsTmTUlIDF3.gif

This needs to catch on like that insightful exposé on Gaga blowing through her label's money.

Vazduh

Oh, Angela Cheng...

tumblr_muupu53pag1r4rq1mo1_250.gif

I'm not a fan of Gaga like some of you guys are, but I appreciate some of her stuff, and even some of the ARTPOP stuff isn't half bad (Do What You Want, Gypsy, Venus...), but I'm honestly baffled when it comes to this "era", if it can be called even that. With The Fame (Monster) and Born This Way everything seemed well thought out, if a bit try-hard at times, but that was part of her shtick. With ARTPOP, however, I don't see anything elaborate, it seems so thrown together. The recent SXSW performance was certainly provocative, but it was also a bit confusing to the general public, not to mention alienating.

And don't get me started on the lack of music videos for the ARTPOP songs. For someone who puts so much importance on the visual aspect of her music, this is highly unusual. Get it together, Gaga!

Brooklyn Nights leaked in HQ.

It's really cute! Gives me TFM/No Way teas with the lyrics and melody. Definitely see why it was shafted for MJH though.

Vitanimus

It's not that I don't wanna love you,
It's not that I'm really over it,
It's just that I can't watch us bleed to death,
When we used to be Brooklyn Nights happy.

iZIaN65U3wzTw.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Well, one's gain is the other's gain as well.

Yeah. Beyonce's success does help Rihanna. It helps lighten the load of Rihanna since she doesn't have to pay the bills that Bey couldn't due to her previous shortcomings. It's why Rih didn't have to release last year and she could finally find love in a hopeful place.

Yeah. Beyonce's success does help Rihanna. It helps lighten the load of Rihanna since she doesn't have to pay the bills that Bey couldn't due to her previous shortcomings. It's why Rih didn't have to release last year and she could finally find love in a hopeful place.

You are so hilariously pressed. Beyonce makes substantially more money than Rihanna, and consistently has more industry clout and mainstream relevance. Beyonce will always be queen bitch with or without an album because at the end of the day a radio single isn't as high a commodity as you wish it was.

You are so hilariously pressed. Beyonce makes substantially more money than Rihanna, and consistently has more industry clout and mainstream relevance. Beyonce will always be queen bitch with or without an album because at the end of the day a radio single isn't as high a commodity as you wish it was.

ipNHlHgj0mdk5.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

And you still think all Rihanna has is radio when she has six platinum albums under her belt and a tour that just clocked 140M. I think you're a bit pressed too.

Brooklyn Nights will more than likely get the Aura demo treatment before it hits Act 2. Understandable why it was probably axed from ARTPOP but it's a passable filler track.

Bladenic

Speaking of which, apparently Bangerz has a platinum certification. The Roman Reloaded teas, an overshipped mess.

I thought sales were somewhere at 900k? RR was certified platinum while selling only a bit over 500k, nowhere near that bad (even if BANGERZ isn't at the number I mentioned).

cory64

I thought sales were somewhere at 900k? RR was certified platinum while selling only a bit over 500k, nowhere near that bad (even if BANGERZ isn't at the number I mentioned).

It was certified over a month ago, it's going to pass it but it's well below expectations for being her first album in over 3 years with a #1 smash attached and gobs of promo and media coverage.

Unlike the inferior RR, Rihanna's actually made it to over 1,000,000 sold after getting an early cert.

cory64

Prince would literally have to make eighty billion Jar of Hearts and Let Her Gos to undo his PopKarma. I wouldn't fret over a flop collab.

cory64

Oh I had thought that Little Red had been shadow banned from existence with how often it's been discussed since it first leaked.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I've listened to Little Jesus regularly. My fave songs are Next Thing, Aaliyah, CFNR, I Like You, Everythang, Still, Hot Like Fire, and Wicked Love.

dOhvW2Q.gif

Koodo

Banned
I often-use:

Next Thing
Aaliyah
I Like You

I sometimes-use:

5AM
Crying For No Reason
Emotions
Still

The rest is kinda shit to be honest. Still an enormous improvement over On A Laxative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom