• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I mean DMJ, do you ever post anything that isn't pressed. My god, Bey just joined reality 2 years ago. Rihanna has been on Instagram and Twitter since practically their existence. Shoot, Rih has more content for all two websites she is on than Bey. Why would I drag Bey for finally having content. She gets dragged constantly for not coming sooner...

I mean, Aya, can you string together one thought without coming across like you fell asleep in English 101?

botty

Banned
Is DMJ actually pressed or does his tea scathe like a napalm strike?

iSTNNsUbYUogx.gif

Aside from the fact that DMJ sleeps on sandpaper, POPGAF still needs someone to bring up Rihanna at every painful and unwanted opportunity because otherwise no one else will bother to. He's the poster we need, but not the poster we deserve.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I bring Rihanna up because the people in this thread would rather stick their head in the ground and pretend she doesn't exist, while also pretending that Gaga still has a career.

I'm the reality check for most of the people here. Not the reality check that you want, but the reality check you need in order to survive.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
MuuMuse (of Legendtina fame) has already heard Chandelier, and has said it's his favorite pop song of the year so far.

Slay me, Sia, I'm ready...;___;
My expectations for this song and album are beyond realistic, and the best part is, I bet she'll top them. I am so fucking hyped.

I bring Rihanna up because the people in this thread would rather stick their head in the ground and pretend she doesn't exist, while also pretending that Gaga still has a career.

I'm the reality check for most of the people here. Not the reality check that you want, but the reality check you need in order to survive.

05bPDtn.gif

Niece, your fave can't fucking sing. You can come for any of my faves for any cross-tabulated reason that matters to no one but you, but it doesn't change the fact that the female you most obsess over cannot even fulfill the most elemental, physiological characteristic of musicianship.

Kristen Stewart fans don't try to come for Meryl. Know your fave's place sis

I mean, Aya, can you string together one thought without coming across like you fell asleep in English 101?

kenyaTired.gif

Because your comments are shinning examples of what English 101 is suppose to look like? OKAY.

I get that your only relevance is to sip on the dry ass tea everyone leaves behind because your opinions notably have nothing worth giving a damn to unless it's about your fav, but at least, try not to make it so obvious. You're clearly pressed.

----—--

I am also late to the Gaga hate triade but it seems to me she did something right. From what I've read the last 3 pages, the old Gaga is back. Judging by the reviews, I'm not far from the truth. Im still giddy over the fact that GUY is the next single/video, which I recommended she do a while back. Hype.

DMeisterJ

Banned
05bPDtn.gif

Niece, your fave can't fucking sing. You can come for any of my faves for any cross-tabulated reason that matters to no one but you, but it doesn't change the fact that the female you most obsess over cannot even fulfill the most elemental, physiological characteristic of musicianship.

Kristen Stewart fans don't try to come for Meryl. Know your fave's place sis

Categorically untrue. You mean 'your fave can't fucking sing [as good as x]' but she clearly can sing. Is she a vocalist? No, but she can sing in key and hold a note. In your attempt to drag Rihanna on her lack of singing ability, you forget that the most elemental, physiological characteristic of music is putting out shit that sounds good, something that your fave categorically cannot do, as evidence by the fact that no one wants to listen to her music and people are actively not purchasing or even interested in her.

Gag stans know that their place is the trash, intermingled with all the unsold copies of ARTPOP.

kenyaTired.gif

Because your comments are shinning examples of what English 101 is suppose to look like? OKAY.

I get that your only relevance is to sip on the dry ass tea everyone leaves behind because your opinions notably have nothing worth giving a damn to unless it's about your fav, but at least, try not to make it so obvious. You're clearly pressed.

I literally cannot make heads or tails out of your post. I'm not sure what you're attempting to accomplish, and I'm not going to rack my brains anymore trying to figure it out.

Hate you.

I'm still seeing her tickets on sale. But they are extremely expensive, at least where I'm at. Apparently, her show in Boston at the House Of Blues is going on for $300+ on Stubhub. Check out Songkick if you want to find something closer.

Frankly for me, umm, I love Lana but I'm not $300 in love with her.

royalan

The Meryl Streep of Pop would be Madonna.

A living legend. One of the most decorated film actresses in the history of the medium. And, not only that, has made a name for herself through her ability to play an incredibly wide range of characters, and do so believably.

Only one pop chick has shown the longevity, the craftsmanship, and the chamelonic ability to hop genres the same way Goddess Streep has.

e33Ihfi.gif

Yado

Holy shit. What a fantastic comparison.

Who would be the Meryl of pop though? I wonder. I'm tempted to say Sia, although I'll reserve that until her album drops.

ibf8hUhBvmCscQ.gif

Are you aware that Meryl is an accomplished actor who is revered for her talent and that Sia gave us Bionic?

The Meryl Streep of Pop would be Madonna.

A living legend. One of the most decorated film actresses in the history of the medium. And, not only that, has made a name for herself through her ability to play an incredibly wide range of characters, and do so believably.

Only one pop chick has shown the longevity, the craftsmanship, and the chamelonic ability to hop genres the same way Goddess Streep has.

e33Ihfi.gif
And there you have it.
i6lWNe7rE2DCh.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
ibf8hUhBvmCscQ.gif

Are you aware that Meryl is an accomplished actor who is revered for her talent and that Sia gave us Bionic?
Don't even. Even Meryl has had her criticized roles. She's had her indies. She's had her revered art films. She's had her mainstream fun money jobs. Also note that I said I was reserving that judgment.

Can you provide a better example?

I would have bought the Madonna argument if it wasn't for everything after like...2002.

Is Kylie's album still available to stream? I haven't got the chance to listen to it yet. I'm really not up for buying it either since being burned by Aphrodite and all.

Yado

Don't even. Even Meryl has had her criticized roles. She's had her indies. She's had her revered art films. She's had her mainstream fun money jobs. Also note that I said I was reserving that judgment.

Can you provide a better example?

I'm just saying that Meryl has excelled in her field and is recognised for doing so. Sia...

Roy already did that with Madonna.

botty

Banned
Something about the Madonna comparison doesn't fit right, but I don't think Beyonce does either. Although, I'd have to say Beyonce does come closer in terms of critical acclaim and actual talent.

I retracted the statement. It didn't sit right with me either.

Fey

Banned
I would have bought the Madonna argument if it wasn't for everything after like...2002.

Which included 4 album releases that have been both hyped and successful?

Which included one of the most iconic performances of her career?

Which included the release of her most criticized, divided, bravest albums?

Which included the release one of her most overall revered albums?

Which included the release of release of a few of the biggest hits of her career?

Yes, everything about Madonna after 2002 is just full of embarrassing endeavors that have proven that the past 20 years of her career was just luck and a fluke, and not at all due to any amount of talent. I mean, she still isn't one of the most powerful celebrities in the world. She still isn't one of the richest, biggest money-making entertainers out there.

I mean get the fuck out of here, fucking S I A is the Meryl ~longevity, success, multi-talented, iconic~ Streep of music?

The Meryl Streep of pop is Beyonce. Don't mistake longevity for talent. lol

i knew once i saw this shit post and glanced over slightly to the left that that would be peering at me and once again i must remind myself the ignoring on neogaf.com is useless.

royalan

Something about the Madonna comparison doesn't fit right, but I don't think Beyonce does either. Although, I'd have to say Beyonce does come closer in terms of critical acclaim and actual talent.

In order for Beyonce to be considered in the realm of talent she'd have to put out a critically acclaimed Broadway album or something.

The notable thing about Meryl's talent isn't the talent itself, it's that she can extend that talent across a broader range than most actresses in Hollywood,.

preacH

Whereas her lesser contemporaries have all but shriveled into nothingness, Bey is only getting better.

Do the other gurls even know what upward trajectory means? Slay me Bey6

Two things:

1) Rihanna does.

2) So does Madonna. Don't forget Madonna has decades on Beyonce's career. Madge was very much still at an upward trajectory at the same point in her career that Beyonce's at now.

In order for Beyonce to be considered in the realm of talent she'd have to put out a critically acclaimed Broadway album or something.

The notable thing about Meryl's talent isn't the talent itself, it's that she can extend that talent across a broader range than most actresses in Hollywood,.
Dreamgirls?

Dreamgirls?

Edit: Beaten... But was Dreamgirls critically acclaimed?

Edit 2: But Listen became the iconic song out of that soundtrack...

royalan

Edit 2: But Listen became the iconic song out of that soundtrack...

And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going (You're Gonna LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

Is the iconic song out of that soundtrack....as it has always been.

My haunted lungs, ghost in the sheets
I know if I'm haunting you, you must be haunting me
My wicked tongue, where will it be?
I know if I'm onto you, you must be onto me

ibmxFPfcdDeEra.gif

It's what we see
I know if I'm haunting you, you must be haunting me
It's where we go, it's where we'll be
I know if I'm onto you, I'm onto you
Onto you, I'm onto you
Onto you, you must be onto me

And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going (You're Gonna LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

Is the iconic song out of that soundtrack....as it has always been.

I know I know Lol!

I absolutely HATE Listen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom