• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

I'm still not sure about the processed vocals in the chorus, it's a cool effect but something tells me it's the rare instance where Christina would be a better fit for a track.

Vitanimus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn1VGytzXus

iFbDg0ttt1jQL.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Chandelier would be better if you could actually understand what she is singing. Its grown on me a lot but its nothing to great

Trigger

Chandelier is cute, but not remarkable honestly.

At first I wasn't keen on the chorus, but I can't get it out of my head now. Sleigh a bit, Sia.

Last night I listened to some of her newer solo stuff. Kill and Run is amazing. Blank Page is incredible, too, I wish she'd kept that one for herself. I really like what Christina did with the song, but Sia's demo >>

There's just something about her voice.

I agree.

Chandelier is cute but not cute enough. This is kind of why Sia is a great song writer. She can make pretty much the best of the best, but I just don't feel she's allowed to sing them. This song would be better suited for someone with better vocals, or just vocals we can understand. That chorus is rough, only saved by the good beat that distracts you for the small moment.

Beat: A
Vocals: D

Sorry Sia but this one..

ibgRuXQx713qBq.png

lol. I came in here all enthusiastic over how amazing Chandelier and I find people not loving it. Color me shocked.

It's the best pop song of the year so far second only to Empire, I guess I just stan for people who are barely understandable when singing

Damn, Brooklyn Nights is an earworm. Was not expecting me to listen to it as much as I am, lol.

All that's stuck in my head today is

I didn't brush my hair
And my lashes are falling
off of seven years
of our bad luck dating

So cute and earnest *.* Slay a slight bit Gags

Vitanimus

Damn, Brooklyn Nights is an earworm. Was not expecting me to listen to it as much as I am, lol.

I didn't brush my hair
off of seven years
of our bad luck dating

Yep, I am abusing the repeat button. Her opening line is sung so sweetly. I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS YOU~~

I didn't brush my hair
off of seven years
of our bad luck dating

Yea it's really grown on me. I really like it now lol

Vitanimus

Downloaded the Genesis video to make some gifs. *-* opinions, PopGAF? The filesize is huge, I need your wisdom. ;_;

iVJCEXCbaJeWD.gif

Edit: now that I post it, it looks a bit too quick and too big...

Party girls don't get hurt
Can't feel anything
When will I learn
I push it down, push it down
I'm the one for a good time call
Phone's blowin' up
Ringin' my doorbell
I feel the love, feel the love

1,2,3 1,2,3 drink
1,2,3 1,2,3 drink
1,2,3 1,2,3 drink
Throw 'em back till I lose count

tumblr_n0llcxrfrt1rtgzofo1_250.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
yes

And I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down won't open my eyes
Keep my glass full until morning light, 'cause I'm just holding on for tonight
Help me, I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down won't open my eyes
Keep my glass full until morning light, 'cause I'm just holding on for tonight
On for tonight

iKzflG269dk4z.gif

cory64

Rihanna is the ONLY person listed for Barbados. Iconic.

edit: she's also the 9th most famous singer of all time and 30th most famous person in the entire field of music.
edi2: these rankings are completely fucked because there is no way in hell Madonna is 49th.

SaintZ

avrilredcarpet3j8ku3.gif

Her impact is undeniable and now science backs it uP. Only the Canadian Madonna.

Also:

Dr. Malik
FlatAss_

The end of an era tbh

Vitanimus

edit: she's also the 9th most famous singer of all time and 30th most famous person in the entire field of music.
edi2: these rankings are completely fucked because there is no way in hell Madonna is 49th.

Who is first?

cory64

Who is first?

Mozart.

GLOBAL LEGENDS:
15. Britney
19. Shakira
23. Avril
24. Gaga
30. Rihanna

LOCAL HEWS:
45. Selena Gomez
49. Madonna
58. La Niña
64. J Lo
66. Tina Turner
68. Beyoncé
70. Enya
71. Celine
76. Bjork
81. Demi
84. Katy Perry
97. Xtina
108. Mariah
110. Kylie
128. Justine
150. Fergie
164. Anastacia
181. Prince (how??)
193. Gwen Stefani

Vitanimus

Mozart.

LOCAL HEWS:
45. Selena Gomez
49. Madonna
64. J Lo
66. Tina Turner
68. Beyoncé
70. Enya
71. Celine
76. Bjork
81. Demi
84. Katy Perry
97. Xtina
108. Mariah
110. Kylie
128. Justine
150. Fergie

Not Selena GoAway charting higher than Bjork... disgusting.

ihaaCNle00cSc.gif

Majmun

SIA's vocals are the worst and ruin basically every song, no matter how good the production or songwriting are.

Leave the singing to actual singers, SIA. This was another weak attempt.
iijmQHMZV6M89.gif

PopGAF might already be aware, but a user called ATLUSxP5 created "imaginings" of the Persona 5 soundtrack back in 2012/13 although a lot of their mixes have been made private, some got reuploaded and they slay a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imrk8_okjA4&list=PLMR9WY6VV-0dOFztYUslw_7sfIOV27xpe

Wait, are these confirmed to be original mixes?

Because I remember someone who just ripped off J-Pop artists mainly MEG and passed them off as a Persona 5 soundtrack. A trew mess.

Bladenic

Mozart.

GLOBAL LEGENDS:
15. Britney
19. Shakira
23. Avril
24. Gaga
30. Rihanna

LOCAL HEWS:
45. Selena Gomez
49. Madonna
58. La Niña
64. J Lo
66. Tina Turner
68. Beyoncé
70. Enya
71. Celine
76. Bjork
81. Demi
84. Katy Perry
97. Xtina
108. Mariah
110. Kylie
128. Justine
150. Fergie
164. Anastacia
181. Prince (how??)
193. Gwen Stefani

Queen Shakira slaying. Does this list confirm that Beyonce is a local?

Also I haven't checked the whole list but is Shania on there? I would have figured her to be on there (and probably more famous than Avril alongside Celine).

Honestly though this list looks fucked. Like for example, Demon above La Perra? Right.

cory64

Queen Shakira slaying. Does this list confirm that Beyonce is a local?

Also I haven't checked the whole list but is Shania on there? I would have figured her to be on there (and probably more famous than Avril alongside Celine).

Honestly though this list looks fucked. Like for example, Demon above La Perra? Right.

317 Adele
342 Shania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom