• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Chandelier

ijE0Qek0OW8gg.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'M GONNA SWING FROM THE CHANDELIER, FROM THE CHANDELIER
I AM GOING TO FEEL LIKE TOMORROW DOESN'T EXIST, DOESNT EXIST
SOMETHING SOMETHING ELSE

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

royalan

I told y'all. I've been saying since OT3.

When Sia finally comes out with new solo material she was going to drag.

Chandelier slays. And it's so uniquely her, despite all the people she's collaborated with.

I'm ready, Queen.

I'M GONNA SWING FROM THE CHANDELIER, FROM THE CHANDELIER
I AM GOING TO FEEL LIKE TOMORROW DOESN'T EXIST, DOESNT EXIST
I'M GONNA FLY LIKE A BIRD FOR THE NIGHT, FEEL MY TEARS 'CAUSE IT'S RIGHT

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

I think that's what she sings. She is unintelligible a bit.

The verses and pre-chorus are my favorite parts. Lordt.

Song is okay, but I have never liked her vocals. Too much squeak toy/mouthful of marbles for my tastes.
I'm not here for new-age, sweeping balladry Sia of late, though it's just a personal taste. Girl can mumble-sing like nobody's business, and the song has 150% potential to slay radio because it's so impactful and immediate.

I was talking to Mumei a few months ago about tracks that seem to have been tailor made for other artists, and I cited You've Changed as (once slightly up-pitched) the absolutely perfect song for a mid-80s Whitney Houston.

I can seriously hear it in my head, with that regal accentuation of hers, and it's GLORIOUS

tumblr_lmidiqhA0Z1qg3x5uo1_500.gif

FOR THE BUTTER

Mariah circa 1995's track that wasn't but should've been was Before You Walk Out of My Life by Monica

Nemesis_

Flawless, unique interpretive ability?

I dunno it just sounds like she's trying to imitate James William Bottomtooth III in this song at times and I never got that from her previous solo efforts.

I prefer her catchy kind of "groovy" songs to her annoying sweeping anthemic songs.

royalan

I dunno it just sounds like she's trying to imitate James William Bottomtooth III in this song at times and I never got that from her previous solo efforts.

I prefer her catchy kind of "groovy" songs to her annoying sweeping anthemic songs.

But her last album was full of sweeping, anthemic ballads and midtempos. She doesn't just sing "Breathe Me" mellow tunes. In fact, that's the minority of her discography.

Nemesis_

But her last album was full of sweeping, anthemic ballads and midtempos. She doesn't just sing "Breathe Me" mellow tunes. In fact, that's the minority of her discography.

I meant stuff like You've Changed, Clap Your Hands and Sun Comes Down (or is it Up) I can't even remember

royalan

not Sia keeping dat good shit for herself... this song is so fucking hot. I can't even.

it seems like such a waste, tho. :'(

Right sis!?

I LOVE those head notes in the chorus. They're so messy in a way...but they fit that moment. It takes a real artist to know her vocals that well. Of all the artists Sia's collaborated with, I can't think of a single one who could sing this song like she does.

Vitanimus

not PopGAF dragging Florence, ch...

Will listen to Chandelier on my way to Uni but I can't say I've ever been there for Sia. I only really heard of her thanks to her million credited songs and Popjustice's intense stanning.

I liked Elastic Heart, but the chorus was near unintelligible.

royalan

not PopGAF dragging Florence, ch...

Will listen to Chandelier on my way to Uni but I can't say I've ever been there for Sia. I only really heard of her thanks to her million credited songs and Popjustice's intense stanning.

I liked Elastic Heart, but the chorus was near unintelligible.

Sis, listen to Sia's solo albums. The type of music she makes for others really is different than the stuff she reserves for herself.

Vitanimus

Listened to Chandelier, on first listen the chorus seems a bit iffy and strained but I think it'll grow on me. Everything else sounds ***flawlesss tho. Sia, Queen of Queens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom