• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
not one of the inbred gallagher apes spilling the tea on ARTPOP

What do you think about Lady Gaga?
Lady Gaga for me is all about that first album, because my daughter and my wife loved it. I've never heard of her since. What does that say? That speaks volumes, to me. She's another one. In fact, she's probably doing a shit on top of a boiled egg right now. And somebody will fucking freeze it and call it art.

where is the goddamn LIE

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Azealia Banks - "Fierce" (Remastered)
T4SfUg4.gif

xaosslug

so, like, does this make Gaga the Wii of pop girls? She needs to change things up, imo, because I don't think anyone is here for her antics anymore and I think her image is overshadowing her music - in a negative way, this time.

iNU0dNRjCg7n5.gif

Ooh, I need somebody to calm me down
A little loving like Valium
I need somebody to knock me out
I need some loving like

Ooh, I don't know what I'm running from
But when the sun comes up it won't be long
I need some loving like Valium
I need some loving like

tumblr_inline_mx7jtyDU8N1rnvwt1.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
image.php

Not Sharkeisha as;blewlcfgjalce

Neil Gallagher dropping truth bombs. Truly the male Madonner

noelgallagheruncutdc010212.jpg

What do you think about Lady Gaga?
Lady Gaga for me is all about that first album, because my daughter and my wife loved it. I've never heard of her since. What does that say? That speaks volumes, to me. She's another one. In fact, she's probably doing a shit on top of a boiled egg right now. And somebody will fucking freeze it and call it art.
tumblr_lwskp98trq1qdd6l1.gif

Did you hear Arcade Fire's new album?
I haven't heard it. Anybody that comes back with a double album, to me, needs to pry themselves out of their own asshole. This is not the Seventies, okay? Go and ask Billy Corgan about a double album. Who has the fucking time, in 2013, to sit through 45 minutes of a single album? How arrogant are these people to think that you've got an hour and a half to listen to a fucking record?
Justin-Timberlake-About-To-Breakdown-Cry.gif

Punch theM all

billmurrayisthefunniest.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The Gallaghers are such cunts though

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Who has the fucking time, in 2013, to sit through 45 minutes of a single album? How arrogant are these people to think that you've got an hour and a half to listen to a fucking record?

this is so stupid

Trigger

Did you hear Arcade Fire's new album?
I haven't heard it. Anybody that comes back with a double album, to me, needs to pry themselves out of their own asshole. This is not the Seventies, okay? Go and ask Billy Corgan about a double album. Who has the fucking time, in 2013, to sit through 45 minutes of a single album? How arrogant are these people to think that you've got an hour and a half to listen to a fucking record?

Someone should inform him of the 20/20 Experience's album sales.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Splitting hairs..... kind of like when you pretend Rih can has talent.

Oh at your argument falling apart and you falling back into shading Rihanna. How original. You were the one talking up their album sales all these weeks and I just clocked the tea about their tragic two week drop. For an album that had such a ridiculously high number of iTunes pre orders (per your posts) seems odd that the sales would drop so perilously week over week.

But keep on shading Rihanna as your argument is clocked. It only proves how right my original statement was.

Thanks for playing.

Oh at your argument falling apart and you falling back into shading Rihanna. How original. You were the one talking up their album sales all these weeks and I just clocked the tea about their tragic two week drop. For an album that had such a ridiculously high number of iTunes pre orders (per your posts) seems odd that the sales would drop so perilously week over week.

But keep on shading Rihanna as your argument is clocked. It only proves how right my original statement was.

Thanks for playing.

You logic isn't even logical.

High itunes pre-orders is likely to cause a greater second week drop. Not a smaller one.

Your post shading 1D based on digital sales was stupid at best. Yes.... the regular edition is available online, but this is CHRISTMAS. The season where people buy PHYSICAL albums as gifts. The shortage of standard editions certainly had an effect on sales.

(That is their own fault of course since they under supplied it to try to force people to buy the $20 deluxe)

DMeisterJ

Banned
People would stop shading her if she had talent tho

You wouldn't. You're so bothered that gags is flopping and Rih has accomplished more than Gaga ever will that even if Rihanna had more talent than Whitney Houston you'd still have something bad to say about her. The definition of pressed. Have fun spinning your disc of ARTPOP. If sales are anything to go by you're in the minority.

You logic isn't even logical.

High itunes pre-orders is likely to cause a greater second week drop. Not a smaller one.

Your post shading 1D based on digital sales was stupid at best. Yes.... the regular edition is available online, but this is CHRISTMAS. The season where people buy PHYSICAL albums as gifts. The shortage of standard editions certainly had an effect on sales.

(That is their own fault of course since they under supplied it to try to force people to buy the $20 deluxe)

Those are all really good excuses. The tea is that their drop is 80% week over week, challenging Gags for the biggest drop. A perilous mess.

Those are all really good excuses. The tea is that their drop is 80% week over week, challenging Gags for the biggest drop. A perilous mess.

The rest of the Tea is that no one will care since they are smashing worldwide and their single is doing well.

This is a non-event just so the pressed con congratulate each other on their own pressedness.

Maybe someday Rihanna can open with enough units that she can have a significant drop as well. That would require the public to check for her though.... which they don't do. Takes them a few months and 3/4 singles to rouse themselves to press the purchase button for her album on itunes.

DMeisterJ

Banned
LADY GAGA - Do What U Want f/R. Kelly: 60.953 (- 0.127)

Flop
ahh.gif

ONE DIRECTION - Story Of My Life: 37.833 (+ 0.945)

All those album sales yet no one wants to hear the music
ahh.gif

EMINEM - The Monster f/Rihanna: 159.442 (+ 2.484)

QUEEN

ibbpLrCvWaQryD.gif

Vazra

So is it an abundance of talent that's holding the other girls back?

iSiB1cunpedf7.gif

Nah the buying audience like the lowest common denominator and that applies to other categories.

Rihanna for Music
Tyler Perry for Movies
Call of Duty for Gaming
Andy Warhol for Art

Ignorance showing once again. All updates right now are being hampered by the rising Xmas airplay (already well over 100 million AI worth of Xmas songs on the chart).

A 1 million update is just fine, and it has been getting consistent updates for weeks.

DWUW will recover as well. Lots of songs have gone through fluke drops during the last week.

Educate yourself about charts before quoting them sis.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The Rihanna stan fuming all over this thread talking about album sales as if his fave is an album seller

ahh.gif

Not a Gaga stan talking about album sales when ARTPOP is trending behind Unapologetic
ahh.gif

Ignorance showing once again. All updates right now are being hampered by the rising Xmas airplay (already well over 100 million AI worth of Xmas songs on the chart).

The Monster is unaffected
ahh.gif

I know about Christmas airplay and the freeze, but apparently the monster doesn't
ahh.gif

The Monster is unaffected
ahh.gif

I know about Christmas airplay and the freeze, but apparently the monster doesn't
ahh.gif

The Monster is smashing. That is a fact.

...but even it has had some odd updates recently. A few days ago it dropped to around 1.5 and Imagine Dragons actually had a bigger update.

4 days ago One Direction had a negative update.

DWUW had an odd one today.

Unconditionally had a negative update a couple days ago.

They are flukes are quickly right themselves.

You wouldn't. You're so bothered that gags is flopping and Rih has accomplished more than Gaga ever will that even if Rihanna had more talent than Whitney Houston you'd still have something bad to say about her. The definition of pressed. Have fun spinning your disc of ARTPOP. If sales are anything to go by you're in the minority.

Nah I think I'd be fine with her if she seemed like she earned her success by her own accord and not through Jay-Z's book club.

I wonder if a Rihanna single released in August would have even been positioned in a competitive way against Lady Gaga, or whether she isn't substantial enough in her own right to be considered a "threat" to her title, like Katy Perry became this year. Even with all those sales, radio hits and certifications, very few people seem to bother positioning her as the head bitch in charge because her name lives and dies on the radio and not through any other legitimate context. She's a radio soundtrack. She's B-roll footage.

And you can shade Gaga and ARTPOP's sales all you want, but the fact that headlines everywhere were GAGGING over her low sales and publishing articles asking if she's no longer the queen bitch... that just means they see her as the queen bitch. How many media outlets do you see positioning Rihanna as the contemporary pop queen other than the articles copy/pasting mandatory Billboard reports?

I'll take your advice and go back to listening to ARTPOP. A great album deserves to be listened to. Rihanna will get there. Maybe.

I only do this for you <3

DMeisterJ

Banned
That whole post would have had some tea if she didn't just win the ICON award at the AMAs. Let's not try and serve stale tea about how she isn't in control of her career or no one sees her as the queen.

Nice try tho
ahh.gif

Yado

Nah the buying audience like the lowest common denominator and that applies to other categories.

Rihanna for Music
Tyler Perry for Movies
Call of Duty for Gaming
Andy Warhol for Art

There are several other people in those mediums who are just as or even more successful/famous. What about other artists who are even more aligned with the lowest common denominator? What's Kesha's excuse?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Not a Gaga stan talking about album sales when ARTPOP is trending behind Unapologetic
ahh.gif

Gaga is doing just as well as the other girls right now in fact
Worldwide sales in the first three weeks:
ARTPOP: 938,000
Bangerz: 623,000
Prism: 824,000

so shading her album sales compared to others you are basically shading your own fave
ahh.gif

and keep clinging to a feature like some Xtina stan while ignoring your fave's own flop singles
ahh.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Gaga is doing just as well as the other girls right now in fact
Worldwide sales in the first three weeks:
ARTPOP: 938,000
Bangerz: 623,000
Prism: 824,000

so shading her album sales compared to others you are basically shading your own fave
ahh.gif

and keep clinging to a feature like some Xtina stan while ignoring your fave's own flop singles
ahh.gif

Not Gaga going from selling 1M in one week to not even crossing that WW.
ahh.gif

Not Gaga stans having to use WW sales
ahh.gif

The drop of interest from the GP is staggering
ahh.gif

Not you acting like Diamonds and stay and PIU all didn't happen in the past year
ahh.gif

Bye

The way several people simultaneously jump on Rihanna in here cracks me up so much.

In all seriousness though she deserves her success and she's worked very hard to get to where she is. Though I do wonder how far other girls would go if they were as focused as she was to sell singles and run radio.

Vazra

The way several people simultaneously jump on Rihanna in here cracks me up so much.

In all seriousness though she deserves her success and she's worked very hard to get to where she is. Though I do wonder how far other girls would go if they were as focused as she was to sell singles and run radio.

Going late and drunk to her concerts count as working hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom