• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I love when everyone attempts to drag Rihanna. Gives me practice sharpening my dragging skills in the unlikely unfortunate event that she ever flops.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The deflection is too much

your fave will never see a 1M week opening so I dont see why you keep bringing it up. I can use WW sales because more countries than the US use Gaga especially in major markets like Japan where your fave will barely manage to see any type of certifications
I mean keep trying to come for Gaga's success while indirectly continuing to show how your fave will never have it
ahh.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Tropico is the end of "Lana Del Rey" ?????

Anthony Mandler said:
She talks about this [film] being the bookend to this character, I think [she means] it’s the bookend to the character she’s been playing since she stepped into the spotlight. I don’t know about the new project, but I assume it’ll be the next chapter.
ed2305b7.png

I love when everyone attempts to drag Rihanna. Gives me practice sharpening my dragging skills in the unlikely unfortunate event that she ever flops.

Don't worry, she'll flop the second a compelling female decides to attach her name to a catchy song at every possible opportunity. Luckily for Rihanna, most of her peers would rather just make the music they want and reap whatever reward they can out of it.

Anyone else notice how poorly Rihanna's singles sell individually? People talk so much about their impact and digital power, but they almost always they sell less than the equivalents from other artists.

In fact. Diamonds was the worst selling multi week #1 of 2012.

Early 2013 had a barrage of ballads from major artists.... of which Stay was the worst selling of them all despite its "longevity".

Sure she has her big solo single We Found Love which sold well, but not nearly as well as the other big pop girls big sellers. Where is her 6/7 million selling solo tracks like Gaga's and Katy's?

DMeisterJ

Banned
The deflection is too much

your fave will never see a 1M week opening so I dont see why you keep bringing it up. I can use WW sales because more countries than the US use Gaga especially in major markets like Japan where your fave will barely manage to see any type of certifications
I mean keep trying to come for Gaga's success while indirectly continuing to show how your fave will never have it
ahh.gif

Rihanna, her first three weeks WW are trending ahead of. Gaga, her first three weeks worldwide. The self-clock
ahh.gif

Real talk, I still haven't watched Tropico.

I just don't care enough. Music videos are pretty much a dead medium to me.

Gaga's wikipedia page has "G.U.Y." listed as her third single.

Which one of you edited this? lol

If it had been me, I would have made sure to include a bit about it being the power bottom anthem of our generation.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Anyone else notice how poorly Rihanna's singles sell individually? People talk so much about their impact and digital power, but they almost always they sell less than the equivalents from other artists.

In fact. Diamonds was the worst selling multi week #1 of 2012.

Early 2013 had a barrage of ballads from major artists.... of which Stay was the worst selling of them all despite its "longevity".

Sure she has her big solo single We Found Love which sold well, but not nearly as well as the other big pop girls big sellers. Where is her 6/7 million selling solo tracks like Gaga's and Katy's?

Is Applause or DWUW gonna go 3x plat like Diamonds? Is Unconditionally gonna outsell stay (last seen at 3.7M)? I mean, you need to quit. Her singles sell amazingly. Maybe she doesn't have a solo 6M seller (not many do, and she does have one on LTWYL but you discredit that for some odd reason) but her singles do well, no matter what qualifications you attempt to put in place to make them look bad.

Trying to make two 3x play singles seem like bad sales. A mess.

There's always going to be some random ho brought up who has a single that sold more than one of Rihanna's singles, but they sure aren't going to have 25 top 10s, with about half of them being number 1s.

Is Applause or DWUW gonna go 3x plat like Diamonds? Is Unconditionally gonna outsell stay (last seen at 3.7M)? I mean, you need to quit. Her singles sell amazingly. Maybe she doesn't have a solo 6M seller (not many do, and she does have one on LTWYL but you discredit that for some odd reason) but her singles do well, no matter what qualifications you attempt to put in place to make them look bad.

Trying to make two 3x play singles seem like bad sales. A mess.

I didn't say they were bad.... I said that considering their radio/chart success they should have sold more.

Unconditionally and Applause didn't do well sure, but even Katy and Gaga's flops sell more than Rihanna's flops. What is What Now sitting at?

cory64

Rihanna having the fourth most-viewed video of the year despite it being out for two months already and the song having already peaked at the beginning of the year.

Fey

Banned
Rihanna having the fourth most-viewed video of the year despite it being out for two months already and the song having already peaked at the beginning of the year.

Rihanna being in the top 10 twice *O*

1. “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus
2. “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus
3. “Scream and Shout” by will.i.am ft. Britney Spears
4. “Diamonds” by Rihanna
5. “Roar” by Katy Perry
6. “Just Give Me a Reason” by P!nk ft. Nate Ruess
7. “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke ft. T.I., Pharrell
8. “Stay” by Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko
9. “La La La” by Naughty Boy ft. Sam Smith
10. “Kiss You” by One Direction

All the major girls made it.

Kg53tnD.jpg

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
R Kelly actually disgusts me

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Gaga performing on Alan Carr with the fibre optic wig I think
Not the audience shouting YASSSSSSS when it goes quiet

Well then, that shot has killed any interest I had in the Do What U Want video.

I doubt I'll even watch it once and never look at it again like I did with Applause.

ibcXsTmTUlIDF3.gif

Matt_

proxy.jpg

Shes doing a piano version of DWUW and it's amazing

Matt_

It got worse, Gaga started painting on him

DWUW performance was probably the best performance she's done this era. It transitions to piano really well

Her vocals... LORDT.

Go in. This is why vocals should be her main concern during a live performance and shitty choreo should be left to backup dancers when she has them.

[edit]: This performance helped remind me why I love ha. More of this less of the other shit please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom