• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly have never heard of this Sansa mp3 player thing.

The name just makes me think of the Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire character. Her POWER.

Natalia Kills is the Tiger Electronics knockoff mp3 player.

Sansa is the worst.

... Lordt let me nawt.

badb81015cbd7f326e3bbb12956583be.gif

I agree she's the worst main character. And she was insufferable in book one/season one. But after that, I started enjoying her character.

She grew up and realized life is not a song. That's a transformation even if it is small.

Your VENDETTA against the future QUEEN IN THE NORTH is CUTE. But let me NOT continue.

Mau ®

VERY RELIABLE Insiders are confirming that a new Shakira single will launch in early 2014.

And it will feature Rihanna.

!!!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm not even sure I've heard say something in its entirety but I've had it in my head for a couple weeks now. I'll be really surprised if it doesn't hit #1 in the US, seems like the type of song that would get massive radio support

I'm not even sure I've heard say something in its entirety but I've had it in my head for a couple weeks now. I'll be really surprised if it doesn't hit #1 in the US, seems like the type of song that would get massive radio support

It is rising in the US, but I don't see it getting anywhere near #1.

It is selling too well with low airplay. By the time it peaks on radio it will be far past its prime sales wise.

Its streams are fairly poor as well.

botty

Banned

It is selling too well with low airplay. By the time it peaks on radio it will be far past its rime sales wise.

Maybe, but I don't think anyone expected Say Something to get a second wind like it did at the AMAs.

tumblr_mw5gohQSg31qjdgemo1_250.gif

Maybe, but I don't think anyone expected Say Something to get a second wind like it did at the AMAs.

tumblr_mw5gohQSg31qjdgemo1_250.gif

Possible, but the streams issue is not so easily fixed.

Say Something had an 80k sales lead over 1D's Story of My Life last week. Airplay wise they were relatively even. Yet 1D was #8 on Hot 100 and SS only #10. That means that they made up those 80k sales and then some on streaming.

SS is just not a streaming friendly song.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Watching Tropico now and the albino guy is absolutely hideous

botty

Banned
Possible, but the streams issue is not so easily fixed.

Say Something had an 80k sales lead over 1D's Story of My Life last week. Airplay wise they were relatively even. Yet 1D was #8 on Hot 100 and SS only #10. That means that they made up those 80k sales and then some on streaming.

SS is just not a streaming friendly song.

Well, SS has been getting consistent positive iTunes updates as of late, so maybe the gap might start filling in soon.

ibww9LwzHNwZbM.gif

Qazaq

Banned

It is selling too well with low airplay. By the time it peaks on radio it will be far past its prime sales wise.

Good LORD. I don't even think this is really accuratte about 90% of the times the phrase is thrown around, but can you be and sound ANY more PRESSED?

It's a smash song. It sounds great with Christina. It also does indeed sound good on its own. The one with Christina is the official version which most people are buying. She is getting a well-deserved credit on it. It will sell gangbusters. The public likes it and is really connecting with it.

Get over it already FFS.

And just for future reference:

and 45-18 on Streaming Songs (2.6, up 93%)

Good LORD. I don't even think this is really accuratte about 90% of the times the phrase is thrown around, but can you be and sound ANY more PRESSED?

It's a smash song. It sounds great with Christina. It also does indeed sound good on its own. The one with Christina is the official version which most people are buying. She is getting a well-deserved credit on it. It well sell gangbusters. The public likes it and is really connecting with it.

Get over it already FFS.

How is Waffle sounding pressed? He's said on numerous occasions that he likes the song and the statement that he made was in no way shape or form shading Xtina. The song is doing well and all he's doing is pointing out facts. Calm down. Jesus.

Awww. You guys!

ipFfpLnJNbRH6.gif

It's a smash song. It sounds great with Christina. It also does indeed sound good on its own. The one with Christina is the official version which most people are buying. She is getting a well-deserved credit on it. It will sell gangbusters. The public likes it and is really connecting with it.

Get over it already FFS.

Someone is reading way too much into this........ stating the truth does not make someone pressed.

I love SS....and I don't play when it comes to chart discussions. She IS lacking on streaming all things considered. It went 18 with a NEWLY LAUNCHED music video. That is not impressive at all considering it went top 3 with sales.

Ballads in general don't tend to ignite the streaming charts anyways. It is not special to this song

Its radio updates have been solid, but it is hardly lighting the world on fire with them. If they continue it will not peak till well after Xmas. She is probably also hurt by the radio freeze since AC/HAC play a lot of Xmas music, and that is the sweet spot for this song.

Top 5 for the song is completely possible, even likely. I don't see it having a real shot at #1 though.

xaosslug

XFactor's Slay Something cover is sitting at #1 on iTunes while Christina + AGBW's version is sitting at #3 (will probably overtake Timber in a few hours for #2)...

i1lUETc7TyotT.gif

New HDD Projections:

YOUR TOP 15-ISH: Garth Brooks will score his first #1 album since 2001. A cappella kids Pentatonix, the deluxe edition of whose Christmas album is currently #1 at iTunes, move into the Top 10. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend:

1. Garth Brooks (Pearl) 145-155k
2. The Robertsons (EMI Nashville) 110-120k
3. Britney Spears (RCA) 110-120k
4. Kelly Clarkson (RCA) 105-115k
5. One Direction (SYCO/Columbia) 100-110k
6. Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 75-80k
7. Pentatonix (Madison Gate) 60-65k
8. Michael Buble (Reprise) 55-60k
9. Frozen Soundtrack (Disney) 45-50k
10. Katy Perry (Capitol) 40-45k
11. The Sound of Music (Sony Masterworks) 35-40k
12. Now 48 (UMe) 39-42k
13. Jake Owen (RCA Nashville) 39-42k
14. Susan Boyle (SYCO/Columbia) 38-41k
15. Mary J. Blige (Verve) 35-38k
16. Florida Georgia Line (Republic Nashville) 32-35k
17. Piano Guys (Portrait) 28-31k
18. Lorde (Lava/Republic) 28-31k
19. Luke Bryan (Capitol Nashville) 28-31k

Brit out of the running for #1. Plus HDD has been over predicting new releases latey. She could open as low as 4th or 5th.

(songs are not in any actual order aside from the the 3 sections they're in)

iby47ouvYu0RQ4.gif

- Judas
- Americano
- Bloody Mary
- Bad Kids
- Heavy Metal Lover
- Electric Chapel
- You and I

=================
ibkEGO0w0mW3dA.gif

- Marry The Night
- Born This Way