• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This is happening right now?

yes

the beyhive is hosting a parade on her grave

I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time
Know there was something that, meant something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember, so they won't forget

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here

igjSk4LUrxWpg.gif

And, this Spotify revelation comes hours after I have sent in my POPGAF Grammy votes. A mess.

Stan Sophie!!!
Yes, I love ha.

Also, Dungeonesse is cool. I found them on Pitchfork around 10 months ago, and I like their album. Shucks, Drive You Crazy, Nightlight, Private Party, Show You, and Soon are my favorite songs from them.

Make a Scene being your top album.

Slay bitch.
It's one of my favorite albums. Track after track is complete slayage.

Mumei

I saw Frozen tonight. It was pretty fun, and I liked seeing it upend a lot of Disney gender conventions. I think this is the first computer animated Disney movie I've seen, too.

Anyway. Spotify. Is there any easy way to add multiple songs to a playlist simultaneously?

Qazaq

Banned
I'm just curious, on a scale 1 to Pressed, where does one have to fall to "not see a path" to #1 for a smash hit that is exploding on radio and taking the sales charts by storm?

Say Something leaped to #1 on iTunes from #3 an hour after the performance with the solo version rocketing up, too.

I'm just curious, on a scale 1 to Pressed, where does one have to fall to "not see a path" to #1 for a smash hit that is exploding on radio and taking the sales charts by storm?

Say Something leaped to #1 on iTunes from #3 an hour after the performance with the solo version rocketing up, too.

Oh please......

I have openly said that top 5 is probable. It will be a hit and Fighters should be content with that.

Take your hit and move on.

xaosslug

According to Wafflesaurus, Say Something doesn't have a shot at going number 1 on Billboard.

well, the shelf life on their fave is getting ever nearer... I'm sure they're going through some stuff.

anyway, twitter was alight w/ peeps saying something alright: missing Legend on the song when AGBW performed it without her. <3

drag ha

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I saw Frozen tonight. It was pretty fun, and I liked seeing it upend a lot of Disney gender conventions. I think this is the first computer animated Disney movie I've seen, too.

Anyway. Spotify. Is there any easy way to add multiple songs to a playlist simultaneously?
You haven't seen Tangled? Get on that.

OtachiSlattern

Neo Member
Please take a deep breath. If it goes #1, y'all can celebrate. That's just Waffle's own interpretation of the charts.

Anyways, I was a little disappointed by Taylor's performance.

xaosslug

Xao..... stop being pressed constantly by the fact that other people have opinions. That cannot be healthy.

ahh.gif

speaking of pressed... I have no idea why you are in such a tailspin over Slay Something's inevitable success. I mean at this point it's delusional to deny the 'path' it's on. smh

speaking of pressed... I have no idea why you are in such a tailspin over Slay Something's inevitable success. I mean at this point it's delusional to deny the 'path' it's on. smh

Sis. I NEVER said it would not be a success.

At least comprehend the things I write if you post commentary on them....

I said it wouldn't go #1. Not the same thing at all.

xaosslug

Sis. I NEVER said it would not be a success.

At least comprehend the things I write if you post commentary on them....

I said it wouldn't go #1.

based on what, tho? The delusion. LOL

all signs are pointing to #1 hit... a song doesn't go #1 on iTunes as many times as SS has w/o radio jumping on the bandwagon. Get yourself and your vision (apparently, because you don't 'see a path') together, bro.

Qazaq

Banned
Say Something notched 28 more Top 40 adds today and has currently 40 million radio impressions and is basically rocketing up the chart in true smash fashion.

Not a potential #1 at all though.

Wafflecakes, it would just be easier to say that you'd be surprised at it going #1 because it's a ballad, because at this point proclaiming it 'won't' go #1 -- that you 'can't see a path' for it -- just makes you look a bit, well...oblivious to its performance right now.

We're calling you pressed because to call your interpretation pessimistic isn't even accurate. It's like saying a glass will never be full even though it's already 75% of the way there and gaining liquid fast. Makes no sense. Sure it isn't guaranteed #1, but, uh, sis...

Frankly, I'll just cut to it: Say Something is behaving like a future #1 song. It's pretty simple. Unlike your interpretation, that's not driven by optimism OR pessimism. It just is.

based on what, tho? The delusion. LOL

I already explained this before, but seeing as you have the memory of a goldfish I will do it again.

1. It is selling too well now while its streaming and airplay are lagging behind. Believe it or not the group of people who buy pop music is relatively small (I would guess 8-10 million) and every sale they get now while there is 0 shot at #1 is a sale they won't have later.

2. Ballads never tend to do great stream wise generally to begin with. The video is a snooze and isn't going going to be contributing much.

3. It will probably peak as far as sales go during the holidays. During this time AC stations (which should be a bastion for this track) are playing Xmas music. This will hinder its airplay for the rest of the month and ensure no #1.

4. Its Airplay is doing well, but not THAT well. You guys act like it is shooting up the chart.... when really it is behaving like an average top 5 hit. 1-2 million updates are solid and make it a hit, but other massive songs that went #1 (Roar, Royals, and maybe The Monster/Timber) all were receiving 3-4 million updates. At this rate it will take FAR too long to peak on radio to have much chance.

5. Honestly. The Monster is a huge Multi Format smash that could achieve 220 million AI for radio and is slaying streams despite the fact that the video has not dropped yet. It could easily be a 5-10 week #1.

6. If The Monster falters Timber is also waiting in the wings.

That said. There is a SMALL outside shot of SS hitting #1. This would occur the week after Xmas during the year end countdowns. All the top songs will have their airplay diminished. This means sales will be even more important and if SS is THE breakout song of the week after Xmas it has a small shot.

The only other option would be to outlast The Monster and Timber and go #1 in late January or February before the new releases start hitting. I don't see it happening though for various reasons. It is hard to imagine the song lasting that long.

Say Something notched 28 more Top 40 adds today and has currently 40 million radio impressions and is basically rocketing up the chart in true smash fashion.

Not a potential #1 at all though.

Wafflecakes, it would just be easier to say that you'd be surprised at it going #1 because it's a ballad, because at this point proclaiming it 'won't' go #1 -- that you 'can't see a path' for it -- just makes you look a bit, well...oblivious to its performance right now.

We're calling you pressed because to call your interpretation pessimistic isn't even accurate. It's like saying a glass will never be full even though it's already 75% of the way there and gaining liquid fast. Makes no sense. Sure it isn't guaranteed #1, but, uh, sis...

Frankly, I'll just cut to it: Say Something is behaving like a future #1 song. It's pretty simple.

Give me a break. I highly, HIGHLY doubt you know more about the charts than I do.

@Botty. That is a shame. I would probably start stanning her if her stans would stop coming for 1D.

I like 1D tho ;_;

If you liked Frozen (I'm very glad you did) you will like Tangled ten times more. It's incredible.

Holy shit are you really going to do this again?

tumblr_mxgqm5RYjp1sqgvgmo1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom