• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutroy

tumblr_ls4v0hEWib1r3ty02o1_500.gif

It deserves better. It's not her best album (you could call it safe) but with the deluxe tracks included it's a solid album

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Legendtina.

What makes it even sadder is that Britney flopped despite her father and the huge team he has behind her.

Brit's officially done. Good for her.

the fumes from your post at brit's biggest flop ever still not plumbing the depths of xtina's recent solo career are making it difficult for me to see the screen

but rest assured your seething gives me life

iRSG1FuzyqjqE.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
in non-flop news

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/katy-bs-new-album-now-tracklisting-confirmed-release-date/122392/

The songs on Katy B’s forthcoming album ‘Little Red’ now have specific titles (DON’T PANIC, ‘AALIYAH’ IS THERE).
Also, the album’s out on February 3, which is quite soon actually isn’t it.
Katy B’s label asked her for a quote for the press release and this is what she had to say for herself:
“That first album had a certain innocence about it. I think this album has a bit more experience. My relationships have got more serious, I’ve moved out of my parents’ house, I’m dealing with issues on my own. My friends are all going through that transition as well – those questions you ask of yourself as an adult.”

Interesting.
Here are those songtitles:
1. Next Thing
2. 5AM
3. Aaliyah feat Jessie Ware – HURRAH
4. Wicked Love
5. Crying For No Reason
6. I Like You
7. All My Loving
8. Tumbling Down
9. Blue Eyes
10. Saphire Blue
11. Stay Down
12. What Love Is Made Of
We are currently trying to listen to the album on a stream the label sent over but it keeps cutting out which is annoying.

iUTDxpduLUURk.png
iUTDxpduLUURk.png
iUTDxpduLUURk.png
katy b-sus and robyn coming to save 2014 from filth. i'm ready.

Katy B is local but she's not a flop. #2 on the UK album chart for her debut, and two Top 10 singles from that same album.

3, actually
eBnAHO1.gif

Also, that tracklist differs from the one that is currently on Amazon.co.uk. Interestingly, it's missing What Love Is Made Of.

1. Next Thing
2. 5 AM
3. Aaliyah - Katy B feat. Jessie Ware
4. Crying for No Reason
5. I Like You
6. All My Lovin'
7. Tumbling Down
8. Everything
9. Play - Katy B feat. Sampha
10. Sapphire Blue
11. Emotions
12. Still

Honestly 108K for Britney Jean is pretty impressive considering. No hit single, no performances, literally zero promo outside of a single stint on GMA. This was bought purely by fans and even given how lukewarm the reception for this album was off-hand the fact that it pulled those numbers shouldn't be seen as a disaster.

I mean yes it's a flop considering her name (and the sales of its predecessors) but as I've always said, well-timed hit singles sell albums, not just a household name. Being able to recruit 108,000 fans to buy your album shows that you're obviously a big name, but a big name means jack shit if you don't have a single to sell the album beyond just your stans.

Looking at it from that perspective, this doesn't really say much about her star power or relevance. She just didn't do anything this era. There's always next time.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh. Cannonball is already #9 on itunes and is rising fast
Slay a bit Lea

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Honestly 108K for Britney Jean is pretty impressive considering. No hit single, no performances, literally zero promo outside of a single stint on GMA. This was bought purely by fans and even given how lukewarm the reception for this album was off-hand the fact that it pulled those numbers shouldn't be seen as a disaster.

I mean yes it's a flop considering her name (and the sales of its predecessors) but as I've always said, well-timed hit singles sell albums, not just a household name. Being able to recruit 108,000 fans to buy your album shows that you're obviously a big name, but a big name means jack shit if you don't have a single to sell the album beyond just your stans.

Looking at it from that perspective, this doesn't really say much about her star power or relevance. She just didn't do anything this era. There's always next time.

I kind of agree tbh, but I think this era is going to give us a pretty good idea of Brit going forward. I don't really think she gives a shit any more.

I kind of agree tbh, but I think this era is going to give us a pretty good idea of Brit going forward. I don't really think she gives a shit any more.

I think she just wanted to record an album for her fans because it's been a while since new music, and she wanted a little bit more material for the tour she's been planning through the year. Her mind's in other places. It's always obvious when you're not in it for the number 1 radio smash, and there's nothing wrong with that. Her name isn't being affected by this. The public is easy to forgive and forget; all she would need is to release a catchy single and she'll be seen yet again as a big pop music force by popgaf.

Zutroy

There was also some strange management decisions that didn't help. Work Bitch video came out two months ago, and then they wait until the week after the album release to send out the Perfume video instead of using it to pip interest in the album release.

botty

Banned
so, you are saying if they were modeling burqas you would be perched?

i0ESCSO6fGUiQ.gif

No, I am saying that there is more to their sexiness than just the nearly naked bodies. Sexiness doesn't need to just be one thing, it can be a combination of traits that come together to make something much more beautiful.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Not my housemate saying that Godzilla was a giant snake :rip

What do you guys think about SPIN's top 20 pop albums of the year?

20. Bangerz - Miley Cyrus
19. Body Music - AlunaGeorge
18. Salute - Little Mix
17. The Bones of What You Believe - Chvrches
16. Electric - Pet Shop Boys
15. Dungeonesse - Dungeonesse
14. ARTPOP - Lady Gaga
13. Prism - Katy Perry
12. Stars Dance - Selena Gomez
11. Paramore - Paramore
10. True - Avicii
09. Pure Heroine - Lorde
08. Yours Truly - Ariana Grande
07. Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
06. Night Time, My Time - Sky Ferreira
05. True Romance - Charli XCX
04. The 20/20 Experience - Justin Timberlake
03. Heartthrob - Tegan and Sara
02. Matangi - M.I.A.
01. Days Are Gone - Haim

Makato.gif
But who is Dungeoniece? Can anybody link to their best song
tmCsH9M.gif

xaosslug

No, I am saying that there is more to their sexiness than just the nearly naked bodies. Sexiness doesn't need to just be one thing, it can be a combination of traits that come together to make something much more beautiful.

ok.

Britney hasn't given a single fuck since In the Zone, let's be honest. If it was up to her she'd be retired and have a Starbucks built into her mansion. Her team is what keeps it moving, and it's becoming apparent they can see the GP isn't here for her anymore and they themselves are shifting their attention away from their formerly golden goose - if she can no longer front a tour, there is almost no point to her.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm peddling Kelly's Christmas music to my friends like drugs. This is obnoxious. I can't stop listening to it though. It's adorable.

I've clearly missed her more than I thought. I played CMB, PLU, and Tie It Up to death. I need moar.

Mau ®

I wanna post my Spotify card but it's not pulling my info right. I bet it's Spain's flop server as per.

But I do see Rihanna is the #1 female WW on Spotify. And Unapologetic was not even made available on Spotify until a few months ago

Slay Queen!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I would post mine but I know that card its actually wrong and not everything synced so I'll wait a bit more.

Bladenic

I can't help the way I'm feeling
Goddess of Love, please take me to your leader

I, too, am taking a trip to Venus tonight.

:eyes:

Yado

I take it off, I put it on
I feel alive when I transform
But this love's not material
Now take it in, and turn me on
Zip me up, it can't be wrong
Cause your new look's ethereaaaaaaaaaaal

iw0PxBLZYmOAM.gif

I think this is now my favourite Gaga song.

Styles

Best selling western albums/single in Japan for 2013.
Singles.

1 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together/Taylor Swift
36 I Knew You Were Trouble/Taylor Swift
63. Sweeter than Fiction/Taylor Swift
67. 22/Taylor Swift
92 Mine/Taylor Swift
100. Red/Taylor Swift

Albums.

4 Red/Taylor Swift
Red
Taylor Swift
配信開始日:2012/10/24
ミュージック
1,500円

24 Red(Deluxe)/Taylor Swift
Red(Deluxe)
Taylor Swift
ミュージック

ibwXCaQqQVJGbc.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Dungeonesse - Dungeonesse (CLICK IMAGE TO LISTEN ON SPOTIFY)

Currently listening to it on and its giving me life. CHECK HA

cory64

Stefan™;93256207 said:
Best selling western albums/single in Japan for 2013.
Singles.

1 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together/Taylor Swift
36 I Knew You Were Trouble/Taylor Swift
63. Sweeter than Fiction/Taylor Swift
67. 22/Taylor Swift
92 Mine/Taylor Swift
100. Red/Taylor Swift

Albums.

4 Red/Taylor Swift
Red
Taylor Swift