• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit

Run, run with her top down look at them fly ♪

I remember now
igKQbX9bHRnTd.gif

royalan

You know...I'm really enjoying Lea Michele's single. I've been listening to this song all day. There's something about Cannonball that's so positive, and so earnest in its desire to be completely perfect that it's actually pretty infectious. If Rachel Berry were a real person, I completely believe that this is something she'd release as a single, and the only reason it doesn't come off as smarmy and calculated is because Lea Michele is so similar to Rachel in real life (although she denies it).

That, and I'm not going to lie, I LOVE the way she sings it. Lea is clearly theater-trained, and that style is so love-or-hate for most people, but I think that Broadway-ness that comes of so strongly in her style has been toned down a bit to be more palpable to audiences who may not love that style. And its been a really long time since we've had a Pop singer on the scene that wasn't afraid to give us some straight-up belting. I may hate her character on Glee, but Lea really shows off her gorgeous tone in those solid belts. The chorus in particular is beautifully sung...she reminds me of a young Celine/Whitney in the way that she just solidly belts throughout the song.

A

Mau ®

Listening to Canonball...I may be biased... but I feel like Rih has been the only girl who has been able to successfully mimic Sia's vocal style. The others keep trying and fail.

royalan

Mau ®;93418330 said:
Listening to Canonball...I may be biased... but I feel like Rih has been the only girl who has been able to successfully mimic Sia's vocal style. The others keep trying and fail.

I actually don't think Lea is trying to mimic Sia (at least, not much).

It sounds like a mix of Sia and Lea's theater sound.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Lea does a good job. And I think Christina does a good job with Blank Page.

I'll be interested to hear Kelly sing a Sia sing; supposedly one (or more, I dunno) were written for her next CD.

royalan

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

SURELY Beyonce will have some NEW material lined up for this extra leg.

SURELY Beyonce wouldn't try to tour the SAME STOPS so soon with the same stale material.

SURELY.

Yeah, I think they did that to her on purpose to maximize revenue. I didn't mess with Whitney, for real, until IYBT.
Well, yeah. The execs didn't want her to sound too "black" - same shit that Tommy did with Mariah.

Unlike with Lea, though, even Whitney's most banal studio recordings reach some level of emotional sincerity.

royalan

...what's this about Young Whitney sounding dull in the studio?

Saving All My Love for You

Didn't We Almost Have It All

ICONIC vocal performances.

Yado

When you touch me I die
Just a little inside
I wonder if this could be love
This could be love
Cuz you’re out of this world
Galaxy, space and time
I wonder if this could be love

iooRzgMkJm8yE.gif

Introduced my best friend to Artpop today. I expect him to be fully converted by tomorrow.
He liked Dope :(

You better let Birthday Cake in.

Even the full version with Fist is good. It's just in very, very poor taste. I wish there was a full version with just Rihanna.

Kelly Clarkson SLAYED on her Christmas special tonight. The acting, the vocals, the sheer star power, it was all just so good. I've never been so happy to be a stan before. I need a moment.

Bladenic

I'm really perched for The Lord, her return, in 2014. Provided she provides songs on the same level of quality as those previously mentioned.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Maybe if artRave tickets don't do well, Gaga can go be a coach on The Voice for a cycle.

I kid, but can you imagine? Gaga and Christina on the same panel. OMG.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Catching my breath, letting it go, turning my cheek for the sake of the show
Now that you know, this is my life, I won't be told it's supposed to be right.
Fat-77lb-dog-dachshund.gif

Gaga couldn't handle it.

Christina would be flinging so much shade her head would spin.

Christina really really likes Gaga actually. Everyone that matters does, except for the one. <3

Gaga will run that stage like she always does and Carson will be squealing off-stage the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom