• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF'S ultimate $500/£400/$650 CAD budget gaming rigs + bonus high end configs!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ACE 1991 said:
Hmmm.... I'm leaving for college next summer, and will be building myself a nice rig. (spending around $800-$1000) Will it really pay to wait until next June or so to buy this? From what I've been reading, software is playing major catchup with hardware, so the technology required for today's cutting edge games isn't really advancing.
It always pays to wait until you actually need it. If you want it now however, wait until ATi unveils their new cards, which should be very soon.
Shouta said:
So, got a new build. Anyone have any thoughts on it or perhaps oversights that I made?

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5391/buildv2.png
As much as I love my WD6400, you can get a 1TB drive for just $10-$15, but if you don't need it then it's a good drive.
I'd wait a week until ATI shows off new cards in case there is a slight price drop.
I'd also swap the Intel mobo as they usually don't have any overclocking options and a GB costs the same amount, again waiting on impressions on motherboards would be what I would do.

Abubakr

Neo Member
MoFuzz said:
Not sure if you've already gone ahead with this, but just some random thoughts:

For about $15 - $20 more, you can pickup a 1TB version of the Western Digital Black. Might be worth considering. Fills up fast if you download a lot.

The price match link for the motherboard doesn't seem to be working, but from the title I think you are mixing two different boards up. I don't think they will approve the match. The UD3 typically retails for $75 - $80 CAD.

Might I suggest 4GB of DDR2 from Corsair or G.Skill? You should be able to find some for $45-$60 on sale. As long as they are somewhat close to 5-5-5-15 timings and clocked at 800-1066 MHz I really don't think you'll notice the difference in performance between those and the Patriot Extreme model.

It looks like you got great prices on everything else though. PSU looks like it should do the trick.
Thanks for the reply. I actually decided to wait a bit, until the new graphics cards from ATI come out. My friend got me another build ready, which is more powerful than the one I posted, so I'll get that for now as I can afford it.

Thanks again.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Shouta said:
So, got a new build. Anyone have any thoughts on it or perhaps oversights that I made?

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5391/buildv2.png
Looks pretty solid. Nowadays I advise everyone to put in an X-25M from Intel or a OCZ Vertex SSD as an OS drive if they can afford it. It give a huge boost to performance.

With prices are as they are now (inflated due to low supply and high demand - I bought mine for much cheaper than they are now) it can wait, though.

One more thing - no aftermarket heatsink? I like them because they're quiet. Also, it keeps the CPU cooler during the hot summers.

Newegg ships international? I thought you're still in Japan?

Also, imageshack isn't banned anymore?

Shouta

Rentahamster said:
Looks pretty solid. Nowadays I advise everyone to put in an X-25M from Intel or a OCZ Vertex SSD as an OS drive if they can afford it. It give a huge boost to performance.

With prices are as they are now (inflated due to low supply and high demand - I bought mine for much cheaper than they are now) it can wait, though.

One more thing - no aftermarket heatsink? I like them because they're quiet. Also, it keeps the CPU cooler during the hot summers.

Newegg ships international? I thought you're still in Japan?

Also, imageshack isn't banned anymore?

I am still in Japan, I just will be heading back to Seattle for my cousin's wedding soon. I was thinking of building this thing and taking it back with me.

Aftermarket heatsink may be a problem but I'll probably deal when it comes to it. My area's summer isn't too bad and we're entering winter (which is almost half the area in Fukushima) soon so heat won't be TOO bad of an issue.

Let me know when you come back to Japan, we need to hang out sometime.

And I only gave the link to imageshack! No gold frog if it goes bad!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
question brain_stew or anyone, I bought the M4a78-E asus motherboard and this ram

OCZ PC-memory Gold Edition Dual Channel 2 x 2 GB DDR2-1066 PC2-8500 CL5

and the bios (latest) boot screen describes it as 2x2 GB running at 800Mhz unganged mode.

I just noticed this, but it's 1066 memory. There is no flaws in the running of my system, but it's just not running at the right speed as far as I can tell. Can anyone help?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Shouta said:
I am still in Japan, I just will be heading back to Seattle for my cousin's wedding soon. I was thinking of building this thing and taking it back with me.

Aftermarket heatsink may be a problem but I'll probably deal when it comes to it. My area's summer isn't too bad and we're entering winter (which is almost half the area in Fukushima) soon so heat won't be TOO bad of an issue.

Let me know when you come back to Japan, we need to hang out sometime.

Ah, I see. You'd have to be careful about the heatsink size as well, since you got a smaller case. For me, though, I just hate noise. After discovering http://silentpcreview.com a few years ago, I've gotten more and more anal about silence and cooling.

I'm about due for my yearly trip back to Japan. Kinda busy, so it may have to be done at the end of the year again just like last time. I'd like to try for autumn, though...we'll see. I need to get my monja fix. I wouldn't mind getting my ass kicked around at Street Fighter 4 in the arcades, either.

Shouta said:
lol oh yeah that's right.

catfish said:
question brain_stew or anyone, I bought the M4a78-E asus motherboard and this ram

OCZ PC-memory Gold Edition Dual Channel 2 x 2 GB DDR2-1066 PC2-8500 CL5

and the bios (latest) boot screen describes it as 2x2 GB running at 800Mhz unganged mode.

I just noticed this, but it's 1066 memory. There is no flaws in the running of my system, but it's just not running at the right speed as far as I can tell. Can anyone help?

Most RAM won't run at its advertised spec by default. You need to set the specified timings yourself in the BIOS, and this may require upping the voltage supplied to the RAM (which I belive is specced at 2.1V, you'll have to check) which will likely default to 1.8V.

You won't notice much difference either way fwiw. The main use for fast RAM is in helping out your OCs.

ACE 1991 said:
Hmmm.... I'm leaving for college next summer, and will be building myself a nice rig. (spending around $800-$1000) Will it really pay to wait until next June or so to buy this? From what I've been reading, software is playing major catchup with hardware, so the technology required for today's cutting edge games isn't really advancing.

Core i5 and the 58xx are pretty major upgrades, so wait it out until they're sorted out (you can buy core i5s right now), but other than that, just go ahead and buy away. Hardware is really well priced at the moment due to increased competition, and like you say, is already well ahead of gaming software even without these two new launches.

Oh, and since its worth noting anyone aiming for a $800-$100 or £600-£750 buge should be going with a P55 board and a Core i5 750, no question about it, this is the CPU for gamers.

Shouta

Rentahamster said:
Ah, I see. You'd have to be careful about the heatsink size as well, since you got a smaller case. For me, though, I just hate noise. After discovering http://silentpcreview.com a few years ago, I've gotten more and more anal about silence and cooling.

I'm about due for my yearly trip back to Japan. Kinda busy, so it may have to be done at the end of the year again just like last time. I'd like to try for autumn, though...we'll see. I need to get my monja fix. I wouldn't mind getting my ass kicked around at Street Fighter 4 in the arcades, either.

lol oh yeah that's right.

I'm not too worried about noise. It's too f'ing quiet here most of the time anyway so I'd welcome computer noise. The extra heat it puts off also may help during the damn winter. Still can't believe last year was usually light snow fall and we still got like 2 meters. :lol

Anyway, let me know when you come back and we'll hang out for sure.

Sleeker

brain_stew said:
Oh, and since its worth noting anyone aiming for a $800-$100 or £600-£750 buge should be going with a P55 board and a Core i5 750, no question about it, this is the CPU for gamers.

you would choose the i5 over an i7 for gaming?

Shouta said:
I'm not too worried about noise. It's too f'ing quiet here most of the time anyway so I'd welcome computer noise. The extra heat it puts off also may help during the damn winter. Still can't believe last year was usually light snow fall and we still got like 2 meters. :lol

Anyway, let me know when you come back and we'll hang out for sure.

Well actually, a better HSF should mean more heat output from your PC. Changing the HSF doesn't alter the amount of heat your chip puts out, it just dissipates it faster.

Sleeker said:
you would choose the i5 over an i7 for gaming?

Absolutely, turbo mode is tailor made for gaming (where the less threads an application uses the faster your chips, runs). An i5 750 is a much better gaming CPU than the much pricier (especially after motherboard/RAM costs) i7 920. No gamer needs more CPU power than a stock i5 750 offers, spending anything more is just a waste imo.

I was a big fan of the Phenom ii chips, and plenty of them are still a good option, particularly the X3 720, but if you can stretch to a P55 board and an i5 750, then that's the way to go, no question.

Sleeker

brain_stew said:
Absolutely, turbo mode is tailor made for gaming (where the less threads an application uses the faster your chips, runs). An i5 750 is a much better gaming CPU than the much pricier (especially after motherboard/RAM costs) i7 920. No gamer needs more CPU power than a stock i5 750 offers, spending anything more is just a waste imo.

I was a big fan of the Phenom ii chips, and plenty of them are still a good option, particularly the X3 720, but if you can stretch to a P55 board and an i5 750, then that's the way to go, no question.

thats interesting, i had no idea.

so the i5 would be best suited to running my heavy games like gta iv than an other cpu?

Sleeker said:
thats interesting, i had no idea.

so the i5 would be best suited to running my heavy games like gta iv than an other cpu?

Its a heck of a CPU for GTA IV.

Things are a little confusing though, there are now core i7s chips on the P55 platform, and again these see the same improvements as the new Core i5 chips, bottom line is socket LGA1156 is a great value socket to be with.

The only definite differentiating factor between i5 and i7 CPUs is that i7s offer multithreading, but in most games this is actually detrimental to performance. Considering the 1156 i7s come with a huge price premium its hard to recommend them at all.

Bottom line is the i5 750 is the best bang for buck quad out there.

Sleeker said:
thanks for the info
i was planning on getting an i7 and a P6T board but this will save me some serious dough

And net you better performance:

19909.png

So.. I have someone willing to buy my old rig for $500.. not sure if its worth it to upgrade..

My old rig was

2x 8800GT
6GB DDR2 800
Asus P35 Mobo
650w PSU
750GB HDD (Which I will keep. most likely)
E8400
CM Stacker

I guess Im wondering if I can build a new rig for around $700 that would be worth the upgrade ($200 out of pocket) from my current rig.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
NarcissisticJay said:
So.. I have someone willing to buy my old rig for $500.. not sure if its worth it to upgrade..

My old rig was

2x 8800GT
6GB DDR2 800
Asus P35 Mobo
650w PSU
750GB HDD (Which I will keep. most likely)
E8400
CM Stacker

I guess Im wondering if I can build a new rig for around $700 that would be worth the upgrade ($200 out of pocket) from my current rig.

I personally would not go through the hassle. The E8400 is no slouch of a chip, and neither are SLi'd 8800GT's.

ACE 1991

Also, on the subject of buying vs. building your own PC, I really feel like buying one from some custom PC from a website is the way to go. I realize I would be able to buy a superior PC for the same cost, but I love the fact that buying a pre-built PC (from a place like ibuypower.com) means no hassle, and in a lot cases cheaper accessories, and of course (the big one for me) the 3+ year warranty.

ACE 1991 said:
Also, on the subject of buying vs. building your own PC, I really feel like buying one from some custom PC from a website is the way to go. I realize I would be able to buy a superior PC for the same cost, but I love the fact that buying a pre-built PC (from a place like ibuypower.com) means no hassle, and in a lot cases cheaper accessories, and of course (the big one for me) the 3+ year warranty.

Which is valid, but at the same time, how much maintenance is really required of a self built PC? And from my experience, issues with hardware occur way down the line. Chances are you won't have any hardware issue during the first 3 years.

Blackface

Banned
ACE 1991 said:

If you use NCIX, and pick out all your parts, they will build it and ship it pre-built for $50.

It's not superior in anyway to buy from another company, and it does mean hassles when you want to upgrade or do anything to your own PC.

KAL2006

Banned
OK I still dont get an output on the screen. I have connected a computer to my HDTV using a DVI-D to HDMI cable, and DVI-I to VGA cable, both wires dont work. Note I just build this computer and this is my first boot, but I was expecting to see the BIOS screen. I have tested this on 2 HDTVs and is still doesny work. The graphics card is an XFX 4870 which only has 2 DVI slots, I am also using a M4A78 motherboard. Note that it all seems to look good inside, when I switch the computer on the fans spin and all the leds come on.

Can someone help me with tis problem

KAL2006 said:
OK I still dont get an output on the screen. I have connected a computer to my HDTV using a DVI-D to HDMI cable, and DVI-I to VGA cable, both wires dont work. Note I just build this computer and this is my first boot, but I was expecting to see the BIOS screen. I have tested this on 2 HDTVs and is still doesny work. The graphics card is an XFX 4870 which only has 2 DVI slots, I am also using a M4A78 motherboard. Note that it all seems to look good inside, when I switch the computer on the fans spin and all the leds come on.

have you tried the vga connector on the motherboard? Sometimes you need to disable on board graphics for the graphics card to be used.

KAL2006

Banned
gamerecks said:
have you tried the vga connector on the motherboard? Sometimes you need to disable on board graphics for the graphics card to be used.

I dont know what you mean can you explain. My motherboard doesnt have a VGA output

KAL2006 said:

You hooked up the two 6 pin PCIe plugs to the card?

The card spinning up?

The computer beeping at all?

You tried hooking up to an actual monitor, many HDTVs have shitty resolution support.

KAL2006

Banned
brain_stew said:
You hooked up the two 6 pin PCIe plugs to the card?

The card spinning up?

The computer beeping at all?

You tried hooking up to an actual monitor, many HDTVs have shitty resolution support.

What do you mean by two 6 pin PCIe plugs, do you mean the power cables from the PSU, if so they are plugged in

the fan from the card is spinning

Havent heard a beep sound, do I have to connect a speaker to hear the beep

havent hooked up to an actual monitor, but hooked up to 2 HDTVs. I also have 2 laptops that work on those TVs using a VGA cable

Truespeed

KAL2006 said:
What do you mean by two 6 pin PCIe plugs, do you mean the power cables from the PSU, if so they are plugged in

havent hooked up to an actual monitor, but hooked up to 2 HDTVs. I also have 2 laptops that work on those TVs using a VGA cable

I've seen this problem before and it's indicative of not supplying the CPU with power. Do you see that plug beside the CPU socket? You need to plug your power supply 4/8 pin cable into it.

KAL2006

Banned
Truespeed said:
I've seen this problem before and it's indicative of not supplying the CPU with power. Do you see that plug beside the CPU socket? You need to plug your power supply 4/8 pin cable into it.

Damn you might be right i cant remember connecting cable to CPU. All I rememberis installing the CPU and the fan, then connecting CPU fan cable. I`ll go and check that out now. Also I just connecting speakers to the PC and I dont get a beep sound, what does that mean

EDIT
OK I just had a look of the connections to CPU, the only slots next to the CPU is the CPU fan slot which I have already inserted and a 4 pin slot, but my PSU doesnt have a 4 pin power cable.

KAL2006

Banned
Truespeed said:

OK I think your right but I want to make sure, the slot next tothe CPU is an 4 pin ATX12V slot which I havent connected. But I checked the motherboard manual and there is also a 24 pin EATXPWR slot and the 4pin ATX12V slot (the one you are on about). The problem is my PSU doesnt have enough cables to connect to both slots, the 24 pin slot i can connect only 20 pins (by breaking away 4 pins) and connecting the 4 pins to the ATX12V slot, but if i do that it doesnt look like the computer powers on, so I connect all 24pins in so the computer powers on but this leaves the 4 pin ATX12V slot empty. Can I just but a 4pin convertor as my PSU doesnt have any other 4pin cables. My PSU is also powerfull enough as it is 650W

Im thinking of buying this convertor
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=98948

Truespeed

KAL2006 said:
OK I think your right but I want to make sure, the slot next tothe CPU is an 4 pin ATX12V slot which I havent connected. But I checked the motherboard manual and there is also a 24 pin EATXPWR slot and the 4pin ATX12V slot (the one you are on about). The problem is my PSU doesnt have enough cables to connect to both slots, the 24 pin slot i can connect only 20 pins (by breaking away 4 pins) and connecting the 4 pins to the ATX12V slot, but if i do that it doesnt look like the computer powers on, so I connect all 24pins in so the computer powers on but this leaves the 4 pin ATX12V slot empty. Can I just but a 4pin convertor as my PSU doesnt have any other 4pin cables. My PSU is also powerfull enough as it is 650W

Im thinking of buying this convertor
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=98948

What brand and model of power supply do you have? Every power supply has a CPU power connector. The 24 pin one just powers the motherboard. Look closely at your power supply cables. Some manufactures like to combine two 4pin connectors for CPU's which need the extra power. My Corsair was configured this way and you just snap them apart to just use one of them.

As for the converter, yes that will work. Anyway, check your power supply cables to be sure.

KAL2006

Banned
Truespeed said:
What brand and model of power supply do you have? Every power supply has a CPU power connector. The 24 pin one just powers the motherboard. Look closely at your power supply cables. Some manufactures like to combine two 4pin connectors for CPU's which need the extra power. My Corsair was configured this way and you just snap them apart to just use one of them.

As for the converter, yes that will work. Anyway, check your power supply cables to be sure.

My motherboard needed all 24 pins to work, however I just bought a 4 pin cable convertor for my PSU (as the power cables are not the same as the slot) and it now works.

:D cheers mate my PC is working great thanks to you also thanks Brain_stew for reccommending my parts from ebuyer.

Abubakr

Neo Member
Abubakr said:

Just confirming that if the power supply is fine. My RMA has expired as I didn't have time to ship it back to them in time.

I know MoFuzz said power supply should work but I just want to make sure.

neoism

Guy I have question. I'm goina buy it on newegg right after!
I'm looking to play Crysis, the best possible. (constant 60fps)
What's better...
Phenom II X4 955(3.2GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

Phenom II X4 965(3.4GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB ATI Radeon HD 4890

is this really worth 400 more

908i Intel Core i7 860(2.80GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Will all of these play the most recent games and for a least another year!?

or this one for 900
Intel Core i5 750(2.66GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB ATI Radeon HD 4850
Also the max res I'll run any game is 1280X1080

Also as a brand is iBUYPOWER any good!????

MotherFan

neoism said:
Guy I have question. I'm goina buy it on newegg right after!
I'm looking to play Crysis, the best possible. (constant 60fps)
What's better...
Phenom II X4 955(3.2GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

Phenom II X4 965(3.4GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB ATI Radeon HD 4890

is this really worth 400 more

908i Intel Core i7 860(2.80GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Will all of these play the most recent games and for a least another year!?

or this one for 900
Intel Core i5 750(2.66GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB ATI Radeon HD 4850
Also the max res I'll run any game is 1280X1080

Also as a brand is iBUYPOWER any good!????

I don't know alot, but from I have gathered on here you might want to wait just a little bit for the new ati 58xx cards. I think they come out in less than a month and seem to be a better value.

MotherFan said:
I don't know alot, but from I have gathered on here you might want to wait just a little bit for the new ati 58xx cards. I think they come out in less than a month and seem to be a better value.

Or at the very least coincide with price drops on the 4850/70/90, right?

fanboi

Banned
So I got this:

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8500 3.1GHZ 6MB 1333MHZ S-775
CORSAIR 4GB DDR2 XMS2 PC8500 1066MHZ CL5 (2X2GB)
SAPPHIRE RADEON HD4850 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E VGA/DVI/HDMI
ANTEC HTPC FUSION REMOTE M-ATX BLACK
ASUS P5Q-EM G45 775 M-ATX
SAMSUNG SPINPOINT F1 1TB SATA/300 7200RPM 32MB
SAMSUNG DVD±R/RW/RAM DL 22X SATA SVART/VIT RETAIL
LINKSYS WMP54G WIRELESS-G PCI ADAPTER 54 MBPS (Piece of shit)
CORSAIR CX 400W PSU

Comments?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
fanboi said:
So I got this:

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8500 3.1GHZ 6MB 1333MHZ S-775
CORSAIR 4GB DDR2 XMS2 PC8500 1066MHZ CL5 (2X2GB)
SAPPHIRE RADEON HD4850 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E VGA/DVI/HDMI
ANTEC HTPC FUSION REMOTE M-ATX BLACK
ASUS P5Q-EM G45 775 M-ATX
SAMSUNG SPINPOINT F1 1TB SATA/300 7200RPM 32MB
SAMSUNG DVD±R/RW/RAM DL 22X SATA SVART/VIT RETAIL
LINKSYS WMP54G WIRELESS-G PCI ADAPTER 54 MBPS (Piece of shit)
CORSAIR CX 400W PSU

Comments?
Price?

Baker

Banned
Figured I'd just ask here...

I completely over desktop computers, so I've moved into the realm of laptops. I'm tired of this XPS 1530m, and would like to get a top-of-the-line rig that can act as my only computer (this one sucks for gaming because of the shitty 8600m card).

Is Alienware the way to go? Their M17's only come with ATI cards, so I'm assuming because of all this PhysX crap, I would need to go up to the M17x right?

What is the best mobile processor for power vs. performance ratio?

I'm open to any other suggestions too, I'm not hellbent on any particular setup or brand.

Ok i know nothing about the physx cards but I think I'd like one, does Nvidia have video cards that have them intergrated in? If so what models? I've seen some that are physx ready but I know not what that means.

Terrordactyl said:
Ok i know nothing about the physx cards but I think I'd like one, does Nvidia have video cards that have them intergrated in? If so what models? I've seen some that are physx ready but I know not what that means.
GTX series has it built in I know that, my budget GTX 260 has it and it worked in the batman AA demo quite well (just expect a game to lose some framerate over a dedicated physX card)

Example, my C2D 2.8 with GTX 260 can run batman AA pc demo at a solid 60+ fps, with physX on medium I get a rock solid 30fps, sometimes shooting up to 60 in small rooms.

JohnsonUT

Newegg has a few combos going on. I am wondering how this set holds up when comparing price to performance. (I am in US)

$269.98 after $10 MIR:
1. AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor
2. Biostar AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
3. Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 1GB GDDR3 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

What about this one:

$409.97
1. Intel Core i5 750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor
2. Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
3. G.Skill Trident 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 2000 Desktop Memory

Baker said:
Figured I'd just ask here...

I completely over desktop computers, so I've moved into the realm of laptops. I'm tired of this XPS 1530m, and would like to get a top-of-the-line rig that can act as my only computer (this one sucks for gaming because of the shitty 8600m card).

Is Alienware the way to go? Their M17's only come with ATI cards, so I'm assuming because of all this PhysX crap, I would need to go up to the M17x right?

What is the best mobile processor for power vs. performance ratio?

I'm open to any other suggestions too, I'm not hellbent on any particular setup or brand.

Since this is going to be a serious $1000+ investment I'd wait until ATI's new mobile chips if you can, they're going to be a huge leap in the right direction. Most current laptops on the market have pretty outdated GPUs.

I'd recommend picking up an ASUS or Clevo/Sager machine, much better value for money than tacky Alienware machines. Forget about PhysX as its a non issue, and its very unlikely you'll find a laptop capable of running a game at good settings + PhysX effects. You need around desktop GTX 260 hardware to do that, and you just can't get that from a laptop.

If you have to buy now, this is probably the best deal you'll find:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9366651&type=product&id=1218092150636

Diablohead said:
GTX series has it built in I know that, my budget GTX 260 has it and it worked in the batman AA demo quite well (just expect a game to lose some framerate over a dedicated physX card)

Example, my C2D 2.8 with GTX 260 can run batman AA pc demo at a solid 60+ fps, with physX on medium I get a rock solid 30fps, sometimes shooting up to 60 in small rooms.

FYI, you can lock that down to 30fps in Batman. Search the old (non official) Batman thread for my explanation on how to do so.

KAL2006 said:

You should have two 6pin plugs on your GPU, make sure you feed these with the relevant cable from your PSU.

Yes, most cases come with a speaker that you can hook upto the motherboard.

The HDTV thing is probably your issue tbh, try hooking it upt a monitor if you can. Try DVI/HDMI/VGA from both GPU outputs.

You hooked up the 4 pin CPU power plug, many miss this.

All the pinouts hooked up correctly?

Tried running with a single stick of RAM?

Tried running without any fans hooked up?

Edit: Oh you got it sorted, goog, good. Many miss that 4 pin CPU hookup.

Top Bottom