• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

gcubed

jokkir said:
Does anyone know if it will use AWS? I'm on Mobilicity and want to just use my phone on it without having to switch to Bell since I have the unlimited everything plan.

yes it has all the bands

rabhw

gcubed said:
yes it has all the bands

This is what I'm concerned about. I want to switch to Mobilicity, but the i9250 is pentaband. A long time ago the rumour was that the i9250M was coming to Canada.

I want to confirm the difference (if any) between the M and non-M before I jump in. Knowing Bell / Canada they made some absurd request to neuter pentaband and keep it for only non-AWS frequencies.

SimleuqiR

rabhw said:
This is what I'm concerned about. I want to switch to Mobilicity, but the i9250 is pentaband. A long time ago the rumour was that the i9250M was coming to Canada.

I want to confirm the difference (if any) between the M and non-M before I jump in. Knowing Bell / Canada they made some absurd request to neuter pentaband and keep it for only non-AWS frequencies.

And knowing getting to know the NEW Google, I'm sure they bend over to that particular request.

SimleuqiR said:
Yup!

Some of us have him on Google+, we can always ask why.

He got banned for calling someone an idiot in the sales tax thread without justifying it. This may have been whilst under the influence of alcoholic beverages

This exclusive shit is so stupid. Goes against Nexus phone principles :p

Not that it matters as my next phone will be the Jelly Bean nexus vs whatever else comes out near then and I'm skipping this one. But still hope it's not a trend.

gcubed

-Pyromaniac- said:
This exclusive shit is so stupid. Goes against Nexus phone principles :p

Not that it matters as my next phone will be the Jelly Bean nexus vs whatever else comes out near then and I'm skipping this one. But still hope it's not a trend.

well, every nexus was exclusive, we just have to wait to see if we can buy it unlocked on day 1

As for the suspected bloatware, has anyone actually used the app that Copernicus posted (My Verizon Mobile)?

This is actually the worst example to use as bloatware that you could get. All it is is a link to your Verizon account. It shows your minutes/data used, what your allowances are, allows you to pay your bill, etc. It does nothing that would be considered "bloat" (like MyCityID) and actually has an extremely useful widget that shows you your data usage for the month.

If this is what's considered bloat, I wouldn't get too up in arms quite yet against Verizon (at least not in this particular situation).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah my Droid had it, its totally just al ink to a webpage.

gcubed said:
well, every nexus was exclusive, we just have to wait to see if we can buy it unlocked on day 1
that is true but I have bad feelings about this one. Google should just always sell phones from their site. Those were simple times. Or not, can't remember.

SimleuqiR

You Brits are getting the better part of this Nexus Prime launch:

http://www.androidcentral.com/three-uk-release-galaxy-nexus-pricing-and-release-details?

The Nexus can be yours for free on a new, two year, £34 per month contract. The even better news is that for a further £3 per month, Three will provide you will all you can eat data. Earliest delivery dates are currently showing up as this Friday 18 November. Hit the source link to head over to the pre-order page.

samsung_galaxy_nexus_deal_summary.png

North America is getting shafted.

Dazzla

£499 on Three PAYG seems good. I wonder how much branding there is on this and the O2 version. I'd hope there is none seeing as it's a nexus device.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
And that seals it for me. A month ago, I would've given my left nut for it. Not hopping on board anymore. Probably gonna jump ship from Verizon too.

Google/Samsung/Verizon have screwed up big time.

With that all being said, bring on the quad phones.:)

gcubed

SimleuqiR said:
You_keep_using_that_word.png

Not anymore at least.

its a nexus phone everywhere except for the US. I was ready to jump ship to Verizon, getting annoyed that their ineptitude is blocking anything from releasing in the US

Dazzla

gcubed said:
its a nexus phone everywhere except for the US. I was ready to jump ship to Verizon, getting annoyed that their ineptitude is blocking anything from releasing in the US
Well yeah. That's my hope. I hope there is no internal branding external logos. I also hope it's not locked to the carrier as there's a £50 difference between Three and O2. I don't want any shitty Verizon situation in the UK.

reKon

Banned
This is really bad... My current phone is so messed up that I think that I have to fallback to my sister's old LG chocolate.

Verizon has not done ONE thing to please me at all the past year. It's really pathetic. I'm close to just picking a Razr, but I keep telling me myself that this is something that I will be stuck with for the next 2 years.

SimleuqiR

http://androidandme.com/2011/11/new...e-galaxy-nexus-announcement-coming-this-week/

Could T-Mobile actually announce their version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus this week? Many industry insiders have speculated that Verizon might have some kind of limited exclusive deal in the United States, but there has been confusion on exactly when the Galaxy Nexus will launch in the states. Verizon initially advertised the Galaxy Nexus as “exclusively from Verizon” but later removed that tag.

T-Mobile is holding a big party Wednesday night.
Today we were informed that T-Mobile is holding their own media event on the night of November 16th so the press can “experience the world of T-Mobile & Google.” We already know November 16th as the same day Google is expected to announce music purchases in the Android Market, but Google’s event is at 2 PM and T-Mobile’s will start at 9 PM.

T-Mobile will definitely be celebrating the launch of music purchases with special appearances from Drake, Maroon 5, Busta Rhymes, Dirty South, and R3hab, but they could also be announcing a big device launch. That might sound like a stretch, but T-Mobile was the launch partner of the Nexus One and also supported the Nexus S.

As a current T-Mobile subscriber, I’m probably getting my hopes up over nothing, but I would much rather purchase the Galaxy Nexus with HSPA+ than going with the more-expensive-data-and-battery-killer LTE model from Verizon.

Once this T-mobile "Google" device is announced and it's one of their My-Touch phones (Not a Nexus device), I wonder how many bloggers will commit Seppuku.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
That's pretty much why I stopped visiting Android & Me, along with their braindead comments section

Mafro

Didn't the US get fucked over by the Samsung Galaxy SII as well? I think it was released a few months later than here in the UK or something.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Well then my Droid had something different then.

gcubed

SimleuqiR said:
Which means their "exclusivity" will be pushed to go knows when?

the only reason people are posting crazy shit about tmobile and google music is directly because of the Verizon crap

reKon

Banned
I think I'm going to go ahead and order the Razr tomorrow then because I really don't have much of a choice. It's not like I hate the Razr either... there's actually a lot of things I've liked about it and I could see myself keeping the phone if it ends up impressing me more than I imagined (even with the locked bootloader).

Do you think that there's a good chance that Amazon will just match the Verizon return/exchange policy thing or do you think that it will be exclusive to Verizon?

Any helpful input would be appreciated here because I'm trying to not to make a decision that will screw myself over, lol. For me the Razr would be $250 from Verizon, but $230 from Amazon so far...

EDIT: Well maybe not order tomorrow exactly, but very soon

I'm glad I got a Thunderbolt earlier in the year. I don't have to worry about this Nexus shenanigans until my upgrade in November of next year.

reKon

Banned
VPhys said:
I don't follow your logic.

Verizon could be a dick and purposely release the Nexus after January 9th so people would not be able to exchange their Razr's and Rezound's.

I was kind of joking around with my comments though. It's unlikely that Verizon would actually do this, lol.

Cipherr

Fuck Verizon. Never again. Fucking assholes can have this one, but I hope they never fucking see one again, total fucking douchebags man.

reKon said:
I think I'm going to go ahead and order the Razr tomorrow then because I really don't have much of a choice.

But look, their bullshit is working. People are caving and will buy their bloatwared phones during this high shopping season instead of waiting. They know exactly what they are doing. Shit is fucked up man.

Zeppu

ICS source released!

Heh, half of the tech savvy smartphone community is gonna have ICS before you guys get a date on the Nexus.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow so much drama. Someone should write a book on the galaxy nexus.

Cipherr

Paznos said:
black_man_x The Panda King
Just saying this.. Devices are ready and date that vzw asked for was met.. So if you don't see it in stores... Well #blamevzw
11 minutes ago

Well, that was obvious by now honestly. Verizon is fucking with the launch, intentionally.

Top Bottom