• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Nameless

The Tyrion, Cersei scene was incredible. Nice call back to all those wine drinking sessions during seasons 2 & 3. Dinklage and Headey still have outstanding chemistry.

Dunlop

He's worried about them becoming distracted. Or becoming "afraid," as Greyworm would put it.

They went really heavy on how upset he was about Cercei's kids deaths and then the realization that she was pregnant with his brothers child.

I would like to think this was to distract us, but this season has been beyond predictable so definitely betrayalthon coming

Fitts

Because he's not a good person. He's back stabbing, self centered character and even though that makes him interesting, he's still a bad guy and people want to see bad guys get their just desserts.

He got rid of Lysa and her awful kid; probably the two most grating characters GoT has had. As far as I'm concerned, Littlefinger died a goddamn hero.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They didn't talk about how dany had an older brother enough.

MOj8tMj.gif

Tonky

Ill do you one better, wtf were the white walkers plannong on doing predragon?
Walking around the Wall? That's the only reason I can think of why they went towards Eastwatch and not Castle Black. Maybe they have ships? Someone had to make those chains that they pulled Viserion out with.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It's the face of someone concerned that she's shacking up with someone that puts honor before reason.
So no one is gonna mention the fact that the last we saw of Tyrion and Cersei was him realizing she's pregnant and then them cutting to him walking up to Jon and Dany, and then this is the next time we see a shot focused on him?

PixelatedBookake

They went really heavy on how upset he was about Cercei's kids deaths and then the realization that she was pregnant with his brothers child.

I would like to think this was to distract us, but this season has been beyond predictable so definitely betrayalthon coming

Oooh that'd be a good betrayal.

Steejee

This is either the face of betrayal or the face of jealousy:
yTDP7wU.png

Tyrion like Jon, he's made that abundantly clear. He just thinks he's not so good at the whole ruling thing and that those two shacking up is bad for Dany.

No they completely glossed over it. It lowkey pissed me off

There was no siege. The Greyjoys are not footsoldiers, they're sailors. They took out the fleet but were never going to try to take on the Unsullied on land and certainly weren't going to try to bottle them in at Casterly Rock, they would get slaughtered the moment the Unsullied decided to sally forth from the castle.

kevin1025

Banned
So no one is gonna mention the fact that the last we saw of Tyrion and Cersei was him realizing she's pregnant and then them cutting to him walking up to Jon and Dany, and then this is the next time we see a shot focused on him?

After the venom both shot at each other, I don't see him making a sudden alliance with a woman that definitely wants him dead. It wouldn't fit his character if they pulled that off. Plus with only six episodes left, and two wars to be fought, I think the time of double crossing will be a lot less now.

...at least I hope.

Idk I didn't get a jealous vibe from Tyrion. I've never gotten the impression he views Dany in a romance light whatsoever.

Something was for sure off with that scene but I don't think its jealousy

This.

Edit: Agreed above, probably just something related to an heir.

My man Bran really pulled out that court record, Arya presented the murder weapon as decisive evidence, and Sansa hit Littlefinger with that OBJECTION. Sent that man to hell

Loved it.

I don't understand the complaints about things being somewhat predictable. Why does predictability have to be a negative?

Also Littlefinger's comeuppance is one of my favorite scenes of the entire series.

Yup, that was the best.

Also having even LF's guy go "I think not." was great too lol.

That would be one hell of a twist if they go the route of Tyrion betraying Dany. In a way I could see it considering he seems to be a bit torn lately on how he views her

I'm excited that my Jon-Dany shipping is cannon, but I would bet Dany will be killed and her unborn child will be plucked from her stomach.

I bet they are and you will see a lot of it brought up on twitter and facebook

people on here just have a super high standard for knowing everything about this show because they like to discuss it on the internet.

most people were lost like me at that part.
Then don't talk shit on the show for "poorly bringing it up" because you didn't listen or do any ounce of research

I'm kind of glad they didn't shy away from the incest angle (and boy did they not). It's authentic to the setting and the source material.

The conversation between Bran and Sam was odd. I guess Bran knew Sam was Jon's friend, but why did he just start blabbing about that stuff? And Sam already knew about Lyanna and Rhaegar at this point (I guess he went back during the trip and transcribed that journal?)—so Sam probably should have come to Bran and been like "my lord, they said the Lady was busy, but thank goodness you're here—I wasn't sure you'd remember me. I have some important information about your family." And then they could have gone through that stuff.

Velcro Fly

Yeah they definitely talk about Rhaegar quite a bit for a character who is dead before the series even starts. It's easy to forget I suppose by the Tower of Joy scene just last season and then Gilly two weeks ago.

wandering

Banned
See... I told yall I'm not the only one confused.

I thought it was that guy for a second but realized he would of been a child then.

They didn't talk about how dany had an older brother enough.

I'm pretty sure they were joking cause they looked so similar.

But no, it was always very clear who Rhaegar was.

Top Bottom