• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Carnby

Someone should point out the flawed aerodynamics of how Viserion could possibly fly with all those holes in his wings. Then the Night King and Viserion fall down Wile E. Coyote style.

tumblr_ok7zg68X5f1sn0mkdo1_500.gif

Gleethor

Ok now that we're done, can I just say that it was torture watching dudes in here clearly speculating about things they had already read the spoilers for?

No real effective way to deal with that shit.

Neither.

He just suspects Dany falling in love with Jon could cause some complications. This has already been evidenced throughout the season, with her rushing across the wall to go save him, and then once again putting her life at greater risk this episode by deciding to ride with him instead of listening to Jorah's reasonable suggestion to take a dragon. Not to mention the potential complications on Jon's side of things.

Tyrion's shadowed expression in that scene is the show's attempt to telegraph that their romance comes with risks. Once again, love is given a conflicted role. It's Robb all over again.

Loxley

That Tyrion and Cersei scene made me tear up. I love those 2 together so fucking much. I hope they are plotting together.

Also, fucking hell, Lena Headey. Give her a fucking emmy, RIGHT NOW. Holy shit.

Her and Dinklage have consistently been the two best actors of this entire series. Hell all of the Lannister actors have been (well, except Tommen :p). It's a shame Charles Dance never got an Emmy either. Coster-Waldau was probably the weakest of the bunch, but I think he's gotten better as the series progressed.

Wait wait... is it possible that Tyrion shared with Cersei that Dany cannot have a child and that he would convince her to give Cersei's child the throne?

There wasn't a Night King before the Children of the Forest made one.

Nah, that has Cersei written all over it.

Tyrion's just concerned about Jon's decisions being motivated by love.

Tyrion is one to know the harms of loving the wrong person.

Cersei had decided on that the second she agreed to meet.

Since Euron did sail off to the Iron Bank this could be true

Ferrio

Banned
Good Ole Aejon SnowSandarian. I'm actually surprised they went with the direct route with announcing who he was. I thought they'd just drop those prior hints and that's it.

Goodstyle

Guys, I think we need to talk about Littlefinger's death and how that was the most embarrassing and pathetic thing in the history of Game of Thrones.

molnizzle

Ok now that we're done, can I just say that it was torture watching dudes in here clearly speculating about things they had already read the spoilers for?

Yeah.

"I predict Littlefinger is gonna die."

Motherfucker we all know what is gonna happen. lol

Tonky

Wait wait... is it possible that Tyrion shared with Cersei that Dany cannot have a child and that he would convince her to give Cersei's child the throne?
Damn, this actually makes a lot of sense. Maybe he's worried that the plan would fall apart if Jon and Dany had a child?

Griss

Tyrion being a little creeper outside the door while Jon and Dany were fucking has to mean something right?

You're meant to think he's considering his allegiance. The last time you see him before that he has just explained to Cersei how he doesn't want to destroy her family and much he loved her children and she reluctantly accepts that and then he realises she's pregnant again. Then suddenly they've made up and Cersei is back at the table... what did they say to one another? Neither is stupid, something must have been exchanged, some promise, some plan.

The whole season he's been torn about how Dany is burning people alive and killing Lannisters. He also knows she has doubted him as he has made mistakes. He may be reconsidering his position.

I doubt it, but that's what you're meant to be thinking.

As for Jorah, when he says that Aegon should pass Longclaw down to his children that's a tacit acceptance that he's the right man for Dany. I think Jorah's over it all by now, which is good.

...and there's the potential answer to what I bolded above.

Neither.

He just suspects Dany falling in love with Jon could cause some complications. This has already been evidenced throughout the season, with her rushing across the wall to go save him, and then once again putting her life at greater risk this episode by deciding to ride with him instead of listening to Jorah's reasonable suggestion to take a dragon. Not to mention the potential complications on Jon's side of things.

Tyrion's shadowed expression in that scene is the show's attempt to telegraph that their romance comes with risks. Once again, love is given a conflicted role. It's Robb all over again.

This is the best dissected speculation and explanation I've read in the past few pages regarding this topic.

I've been wrong about plenty before but the betrayal bit makes no sense.

https://youtu.be/NzU8kBvbxrc?t=3m05s

I could just be talking out of my ass.
Oh, guess I forgot that exact line about him being touched and the Night King being able to get through the magic now.

Really feel like everything the Starks do just ends up causing more problems.

If Bran hadn't crossed the wall, the Night King wouldn't have been able to cross.

If Jon hadn't crossed the wall to get that Wight, the Night King wouldn't have been able to cross.

Guys, I think we need to talk about Littlefinger's death and how that was the most embarrassing and pathetic thing in the history of Game of Thrones.

It was good, Littlefinger was never going to go out like a boss.
His hunger for Sansa was pathetic and I'm glad he died that way.

Boy betrayed Ned, don't give a crud how he died.

No?

I read zero spoilers about this finale and I predicted virtually everything that happened. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess that Jon and Dany would fuck, Littlefinger would die and that they would use the dragon to take down the wall.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

As in it was badly written or that the character embarrassed himself? Because I think it's the latter and that's why it was so good.

She was bluffing. She probably told the Mountain to never tough Jamie under any circumstance. She loves him.

Yep she was trying to play hard ball to make him stay. She did that to try and scare him into not leaving, that's why he called her bluff.

But man for a second there I really thought she was gonna have him killed

How could that poster say Rhaegar was some obscure seven year old lore?

Rhaegar and his actions are the catalyst for much of what we see in the show and countless characters discuss him and what he did throughout the series.

Neece

It was pathetically appropriate for Baelish. We're used to seeing him full of confidence, but stripped down, that is who he is.

duckroll

Yep just checked crazily accurate. Those kind of leaks can only really come from a production house with near final broadcast episodes, as they were literally dead on.

Nah, they were mostly compiled together by November last year, and were taken from a variety of ongoing sources during the shooting of the series. They pieced together stuff based on which director was shooting to figure out what happened in each episode, and there were also photos of script pages from people in the production, as well as people spying on what they were shooting on location which is unavoidable.

The same will happen for Season 8 for sure. The series is now way too big and gets way too much attention. Nothing can be kept secret once they start shooting.

Top Bottom