• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So I've been saying all this season that the issue with killing Baelish is proving that he killed Robin's mom and that he's a rat bastard. I've been wondering how this happens and it turns out Littlefinger says it himself 'cus he's scared shitless and crying like the worm he is.

Good shit.

Kaizer

Banned
People actually wanted to see Littlefinger killed off? Huh... thought he was one of the more consistently entertaining ones.

I'd rather both Stark sisters had killed each other tbh. Jon and Co get back to Winterfell and Baelish is all like "lol I don't know" and he continues to go about his business as audiences lose their shit.

Dude had LONG outstayed his welcome. Littlefinger was entertaining a few seasons ago, but by this point, all he was relegated to doing was skulking the hallways of Winterfell trying to be sneaky. The "Game" of Thrones has long since outgrew him.

Ok but what was the plan before?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I know that. Doesn't make it less disgusting. lol

Incest is disgusting because

A. Genetic defects. Characters in the series don't know about this beyond some targs being crazy fuckers.

B. Fucking someone you you a family relationship for years previously. (They didn't).

Not to mention Danys family did it for generations, and multiple other noble houses married cousin to cousin.

They would have to be secretly mother-son or father-daughter for anyone to actually care.

Tonky

Reminder to everyone saying "fuck Robert" that he was betrothed to Lyanna.
Also that Rhaegar had two healthy children and went wife-scouting so he can have a third after finding out his wife can't handle another.

Not saying it's right as Lyanna shouldn't be married to someone she doesn't like, I understand that. But why is Rhaegar put on a pedestal?
He's still more faithful than Big Bobby B

Someone should point out the flawed aerodynamics of how Viserion could possibly fly with all those holes in his wings. Then the Night King and Viserion fall down Wile E. Coyote style.

Someone should point out how the Night King's necromancy enables his wights to function as they would've when they were alive with added benefits.

Skeleton wights would fall apart but manage to run fine.

PixelatedBookake

LF deserved to die. I liked the build up and how they played him like he's played everyone else. What I DON'T like is how they've had him do nothing satisfying for quite some time now. The guy was just sitting around thinking about fucking Sansa and got owned. Not very LF like based on previous seasons. The guy just stopped getting things done.

My man Bran really pulled out that court record, Arya presented the murder weapon as decisive evidence, and Sansa hit Littlefinger with that OBJECTION. Sent that man to hell

BTM

I don't understand the complaints about things being somewhat predictable. Why does predictability have to be a negative?

Also Littlefinger's comeuppance is one of my favorite scenes of the entire series.

Instro

what an awful plot device then to dig up some corny ass 7 year old lore 95% of the audience would have forgotten in order to tie this show together. and no, I do not remember it.

lol, dude is talked about in like every season at some point or another. Bran had a lengthy flashback about him and Lyssa just last season.

jviggy43

Someone should point out the flawed aerodynamics of how Viserion could possibly fly with all those holes in his wings. Then the Night King and Viserion fall down Wile E. Coyote style.
Ill do you one better, wtf were the white walkers plannong on doing predragon?

Idk I didn't get a jealous vibe from Tyrion. I've never gotten the impression he views Dany in a romance light whatsoever.

Something was for sure off with that scene but I don't think its jealousy

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Jaime riding away from KL with winter finally coming to KL was the best scene of the show (entire season). Short, simple, to the point and *very* effective.

I just hope Jamie doesn't do anything rash and gets killed. I reaaaally want to see him become Danerys's royal guard.

Because he's not a good person. He's back stabbing, self centered character and even though that makes him interesting, he's still a bad guy and people want to see bad guys get their just desserts.

I also think at this point, he's just a victim of story crunch as much as anything else. Yeah, his act can be entertaining, but it's best when left to play out over a long period of time when you can watch all of his little moves and machinations playing out.

With the amount of time left in the series and the number of threads left to tie off, there really isn't enough space for him to be anything more than a minor nuisance, which is what he was relegated to this season anyway.

Dahbomb

What the hell did they actually use the same actor for Rhaegar as they did Viserys?

Solid season finale though. Little Finger got PLAYED LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!!!

Diabelli

Someone should point out how the Night King's necromancy enables his wights to function as they would've when they were alive with added benefits.

Skeleton wights would fall apart but manage to run fine.

True. No one gave a shit and thought 'how do the skeletons move without any muscle or tendons?". At some point you just got to go with it.

Top Bottom