• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

I teared up, too.

See, in other parts besides the UK, people who are emotionally invested into characters usually feel emotions when something emotional happens to said characters.

Lol, the scene was kind of hokey though. Wish it was longer.
Lyanna and Ned's scene last season was more emotional.

I don't even know where this show is going. Love it but confused with some decisions. Why even make Jon and Dany have that happen to them, whats the point in incest, just cuz??
The Wall situation is like ok, so either fire from the other 2 dragons or dragon glass, I'd assume to kill that Ice/Fire Dragon
What's the end game for Cersei? Why pull out of the deal, I mean I know why, because she's a raging bitch, but what is her play?
Loved the Little Finger death, I was screaming at the TV "FLIP THE SCRIPT" and clapping, haha.

The next season can't come soon enough and I'm sure it;s a yr or two away, which sucks.

Only possible outcomes I can see are either, total domination by Walkers and that ends the show, don't think that'll happen. Jon somehow kills Night King and thus ending the reign of the walkers, since he turned everyone anyway.

I will say, I swear I hope this show doesn't go back into itself. Like Bran does something that kind of resets the clock and it's a time loop, that'll make me super angry

Ravelle

Who watches TV like this??

8FKiZvs.png

Nothing's even happening on screen when they're reacting like that. I was watching some clips from this bar last week. It's kind of entertaining, in a "How overdramatic can this room full of hipsters behave?" kind of way.

You should see the Walking Dead Screening parties that were recorded, this is mild compared to the shocked faces and gasps that show got.

But I might be a robot or dead inside because I watch my shows stone faced.

Remember the Red Wedding reaction videos on youtube? Thought those were pretty hilarious.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I teared up, too.

See, in other parts besides the UK, people who are emotionally invested into characters usually feel emotions when something emotional happens to said characters.

giphy.gif

People have been invested in these characters for over 6 years now. I don't understand why people can't wrap their heads around others getting emotional when things happen.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Lol, the scene was kind of hokey though. Wish it was longer.
Lyanna and Ned's scene last season was more emotional.

I mean, I know you weren't going for the #incestship, but even so, I don't think that scene was hokey, at all. It was really well shot and edited, it's maybe one of the only truly happy scenes in GoT.

Volimar

You should see the Walking Dead Screening parties that were recorded, this is mild compared to the shocked faces and gasps that show got.

But I might be a robot or dead inside because I watch my shows stone faced.

You also have to keep in mind that these people are probably drunk.

People at my bar were cheering, screaming and clapping at things like Littlefinger's death or Jon's revelation and there weren't any cameras around.
Why is it hard to understand for some people?

Dany

Banned
People at my bar were cheering, screaming and clapping at things like Littlefinger's death or Jon's revelation and there weren't any cameras around.
Why is it hard to understand for some people?

We had friends watching at my place and we were all cheering/jeering through the episode. It's a fun camaraderie thing that human beings enjoy.

Ravelle

Alcohol wouldn't throw my viewing reactions off the charts though, but being on camera might also be part of it. It wouldn't be much fun to see reaction to people staring at a screen.

Those people sure were intense about an ice wall going down as if they weren't going to expect that. ;p

I teared up, too.

I do get invested in characters but not in a way I audibly gasp and fall of my chair when something happens to them, maybe it's a show thing though since you don't get to know them as well as in books, my reaction is mostly disbelief and re-read certain parts thinking I've read it wrong. Getting excited or emotion is one thing but this lady cares too much about a wall haha.

8tjqAi1.jpg

Addi

I teared up, too.

There's a difference between being emotionally invested and watching a tv show like it was a football game.

There's a difference between being emotionally invested and watching a tv show like it was a football game.
Why is it OK to cheer or tear up or scream while watching a football game but it's weird if you do it for a TV show?
Maybe we can accept different people enjoy their shows in different ways.

No, it's complete and utter nonsense.

Anyone who thinks Bran is the Night King is a total loon.

We have 18/24 months to wait for series 8, I think we're all going to turn into loons coming up with some batshit crazy theories :)

Bran as the NK does seem George Clooney to Christian Bale batshit crazy though, lol.

Einchy

You're right, I'm far more invested in characters in a TV show I like than random sports players.

kickyball mna club wins cup of kicki-dookie
yZcoJb1.png

Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark loved each other and their son, who grew up as a bastard, is actually the rightful heir to the Throne and he is making love to the mother of dragons while Bran narratives about love?
XoQtjjD.png

-griffy-

Banned
kickyball mna club wins cup of kicki-dookie
yZcoJb1.png

Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark loved each other and their son, who grew up as a bastard, is actually the rightful heir to the Throne and he is making love to the mother of dragons while Bran narratives about love?
XoQtjjD.png

giphy.webp

Addi

People tear up when football players fuck in Football games?

It's a variation of emotions, for my part I was depressed after Liverpool raped Arsenal this weekend.

Why is it OK to cheer or tear up or scream while watching a football game but it's weird if you do it for a TV show?
Maybe we can accept different people enjoy their shows in different ways.

I meant the setup, an overcrowded bar overhyping everything. I couldn't bear attending something like that, but I have no problem that other people would do that.

I get the tearing up stuff. I've watched six feet under and that made me tear up.

But that video looks like what I imagine people felt like when watching the moon landing or some other groundbreaking event.

Doesnt look real to me

I'm sure I've likely missed it in the last few pages, but has a discussion popped up regarding this Vanity Fair article?

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...pisode-7-finale-dragon-wolf?intcid=inline_amp

Goddamn I'll be so pissed if (final season speculation from the article)
after all this they turn Tyrion into some dry-dick antagonist who's jealous of Jon/Dany in the final 6 episodes. Please don't ruin this great character, GRRM/D&D!

Also- Jon+Arya in GRRM's original notes? Ugh. The fuck is wrong with this guy? :/

jfkgoblue

I'm sure I've likely missed it in the last few pages, but has a discussion popped up regarding this Vanity Fair article?

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...pisode-7-finale-dragon-wolf?intcid=inline_amp

Goddamn I'll be so pissed if
after all this they turn Tyrion into some dry-dick antagonist who's jealous of Jon/Dany in the final 6 episodes. Please don't ruin this great character, GRRM/D&D!

Also- Jon+Arya in GRRM's original notes? Ugh. The fuck is wrong with this guy? :/
GRRM's original outline means nothing at this point. It has Cat dieing North of the wall after Jon refused her, Bran, and Arya at castle black ffs.

Tyrion's not going to betray Dany because he's jealous.
That scene was put there just to have people ask questions like last season with Sansa's look at Littlefinger.

Even then, it could be that it's just Tyrion being concerned that they'll lose focus among other things. There is no betrayal, lol.

The most outlandish thing I can think of is, if Jon and Dany were to produce an heir, then breaking the wheel might be difficult.

I mean, I know you weren't going for the #incestship, but even so, I don't think that scene was hokey, at all. It was really well shot and edited, it's maybe one of the only truly happy scenes in GoT.

I understand. I just wanted more time with Lyanna and Rhaegar, also wasn't a fan of Bran's narration making the sex scene more awkward than it already is.

Addi

I think it's bullshit. If you see the behind the scenes they mention how Dany and Jon getting together could be a political minefield. That's mostly what Tyrion is reacting to. You see in a earlier scene that Dany followed Jon's plan about travelling together without listening to Jorah and they never mentioned to Tyrion that Jon had bend the knee (I think). Dany's mixing love and politics and the advisers are losing power.

If you watch the behind the scenes videos from this past weeks episode on the official GoT youtube channel you'll get some more clarification on Tyrion.

Edit: ^^^^

Doomsayer

I thought that Tyrion was upset at the whole Jon + Dany thing because he wanted to be Dany's successor and if they have a child he/she would be the rightful heir to the throne.

I like the theories about Tyion being worried that they will lose focus or change their dynamic now though.

Blader

Woo boy, that Jon/Dany sex scene was hot. And a really confusing thing to process. The show wants you to root for them to fuck while at the same time telling you THEY ARE AUNT AND NEPHEW.

I'm going to just stick with my theory that the giant chains were part of the original plan (scale the walls by having the giants thrown the chains up top, or use them to pull the doors down or even chunks of the wall itself) and the Night's King just capitalized on an opportunity. Whether or not he had any idea there'd be Dragons coming when he surrounded Jon an Co was a bit irrelevant - the WW don't age or need food, so watching Jon Co die of exposure was perfectly fine by him. They're on horseback, so having the lances makes sense.

That does leave open the question of what they were going to do about the wards on the wall, but that could explain why NK waited until this point to move on the wall in the first place- the wards were broken, be it by age or by him marking Bran and then Bran going through the wall again. The old Three Eyed Raven was too cautious to break the magic in that way, and Bran is too inexperienced to have known. He had been building an army to invade for years, but needed that last piece to fall into place. Since he clearly has some green-seer powers of his own (since he can knock Bran out of his green sight), this might have been a very long struggle against the old Three Eyed Raven's powers that the NK finally got the upper hand on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NK had similar abilities to bran, or at least the ability to see beyond his own vision. They were very well prepared for the dragons when they came and right now I'm not sure if it's bad writing or clever planning from the NK.

Ravelle

I wish Emila could have played a different character that was allowed to show some emotion for the past 6 seasons, she's wonderful and she had to be a stoic person for a long time.

giphy.gif

People have been invested in these characters for over 6 years now. I don't understand why people can't wrap their heads around others getting emotional when things happen.

I get emotional as well, sis & I were cheering during the flip during LF's demise. Hackey ass over dramatic emotion because you are being watched on the other hand is just cringe (I seen other reaction episode vids of got while I work, it's just the bar one is full of cheese)

I uh... wish I didn't read that -_-

kubus

I get emotional as well, sis & I were cheering during the flip during LF's demise. Hackey ass over dramatic emotion because you are being watched on the other hand is just cringe (I seen other reaction episode vids of got while I work, it's just the bar one is full of cheese)
I watched it in a bar with around 100 people where there was no video recording and yeah people reacted to the wtf moments and they laughed at the jokes and there was cheers and clapping when cool stuff happened etc, but the big difference is that nobody was making those overexaggerated ":eek:ooo" faces or putting their hands over their mouth in fear or whatever. People's behavior change when they know they are being recorded. That's why I can never take reaction videos seriously :/.

Hydrus

i really believe bran is the night king and jon will find out that its bran.

thats the bitter sweet finale of the series alongside tyrion dying during the battle and dany dieing giving birth.

oh and jaime is totally killing cersey to fulfill the prophecy

No way dany dies during childbirth. That would be the laziest death in the series. That would make the FOURTH childbirth death in the series ( Jon's, Dany's, Cersie's moms).

I wish Emila could have played a different character that was allowed to show some emotion for the past 6 seasons, she's wonderful and she had to be a stoic person for a long time.
I have hated on her for 6 seasons now. Bottom of the barrel boring, and couldn't care for much of anything she did. I absolutely loved her in season 7 though. No idea what changed, but I kind of can't wait to go and rewatch the series to see if I like her more now in earlier in seasons.

Bran can't and has never been able to see the future.

Because a show that implies Gendry can run light speed is above a coincidence happening? lol

Well, even without seeing the future, he can get a read of the present globally, which allows him to make detailed plans for the future. Still works fine for me, Night King ran a puppet show to get dragons to show up.

As for Gendry running at light speed, we don't really know how long they were trapped on that frozen lake island, it could have been days. We also don't know how long they were trecking from the wall in the first place, might not have been that long.

Vashetti

Banned
I have hated on her for 6 seasons now. Bottom of the barrel boring, and couldn't care for much of anything she did. I absolutely loved her in season 7 though. No idea what changed, but I kind of can't wait to go and rewatch the series to see if I like her more now in earlier in seasons.

Who would have thought that bringing her to Westeros and involving her with other main characters would help?

Having puppy dogs eyes for Jon all season too.

Sephzilla

I'm also starting to become okay with the idea of the Night King winning if the message of the story is that politics are ultimately bad

Einchy

The Bran=Night King stuff got some traction during season 6 but really picked up in season 7 for whatever reason, I can't think of an example of something happening in 7 that alluded to that.

Top Bottom