• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

The incest is probably the lesser part of the whole thing anyways. Jon being a trueborn son, who is also the rightful heir to the Iron Throne ahead of Dany is absolutely going to throw a wrench into things. Jon's entire identity has been built on being a bastard, and Dany's entire identity is based on her being the rightful heir. *Relationship status set to complicated*

As things are set up, I wonder about that. Jon already took the north king title because ppl asked him, he was never interested on it. If they keep him on character, he won't care about the Iron Throne at all.

Ralemont

not me
But she already had a fourth child though. She tells Cat that her child died when she's trying to console her.

Cersei has had 4 children actually. She had one with Robert but the baby died. The prophecy is probably bs.

I don't think that a newborn dying from fever would count for the witch.

In any case, this plot "twist" is pretty obvious to me, and I'd be willing to make an avatar bet on it. Cersei isn't pregnant, guys.

So if Dany hadn't gone beyond the wall to save Jon and Co., how would the NK have destroyed the wall without the dragon?

They wouldn't have, and if you consider that the wildlings have been fighting them for like 20 years (It's mentioned that mance rayder had been uniting for this amount of time) they probably wouldn't have been able to without the dragon since it's the only thing that has changed.

Bran and Jaime reunion has to happen in my eyes

Wow i totally forgot about their past. im a dummy lol

Jaime: Hey.. about pushing you off the tower ... i'm sorry
Bran: *stares at Jaime's gold hand*
Jaime: well .. i'm here now. to fight by your side so ....are you going to say anything Brandon?
Bran: I'm not brandon anymore. I'm the three eye raven now.
Jaime: uh...

Volimar

I don't think that a newborn dying from fever would count for the witch.

In any case, this plot "twist" is pretty obvious to me, and I'd be willing to make an avatar bet on it. Cersei isn't pregnant, guys.

Or she dies before giving birth.

Or it's some kind of monster thing thanks to Qyburn fuckery and not technically a child.

Wow i totally forgot about their past. im a dummy lol

Jaime: Hey.. about pushing you off the tower ... i'm sorry
Bran: *stares at Jaime's gold hand*
Jaime: well .. i'm here now. to fight by your side so ....are you going to say anything Brandon?
Bran: I'm not brandon anymore. I'm the three eye raven now.
Jaime: uh...

You looked so beautiful in the bath house with Brienne.

takriel

They wouldn't have, and if you consider that the wildlings have been fighting them for like 20 years (It's mentioned that mance rayder had been uniting for this amount of time) they probably wouldn't have been able to without the dragon since it's the only thing that has changed.
That and winter has come!

Just_one

i really believe bran is the night king and jon will find out that its bran.

thats the bitter sweet finale of the series alongside tyrion dying during the battle and dany dieing giving birth.

oh and jaime is totally killing cersey to fulfill the prophecy

-griffy-

Banned
She specifically said Cersei would have three children with golden crowns and golden shrouds, which was technically true. Her child with Robert didn't survive, and had black hair because "the seed is strong."

We can also deduce that this baby either won't survive, she won't live long enough to give birth, or she's lying about the pregnancy.

What was the plan for the undead to get through the wall? Getting the dragon was pure luck so they must have had some other plan, right?

Getting the dragon was pure luck? I dunno, if the night king is a greenseer who can see the future and spy around timelines and locations like bran, maybe getting a dragon was the plan all along. It's just a matter of waiting around long enough gathering undead stragglers until the opportunity pops up to lay a trap. Standing with 3 giant ice lances by your side, while ensnared best friends of the dragon queen wait for help seems to suggest this.

The wait for next and final season is going to be a long one. I hope Jon keeps his name even after he finds out. Jon Snow the Targaryen Wolf doesn't sound as cool as Jon Snow the White Wolf.

Also, the same guy that made the Thoros and Jamie videos I posted a while back has made another one. So good!

https://youtu.be/uuDu43Gnyts

Izayoi

Banned
I thought the last season was 13 episodes, but now I'm learning it's only six? Six fucking episodes for the last season of the biggest TV show in history?

Fuck right off with this.

OrionX

Or it's some kind of monster thing thanks to Qyburn fuckery and not technically a child.

Cersei: "Qyburn, I need to get preggo stat."

Qyburn: "I'm currently at work on a solution, my Queen."

Cersei: "Will it still be human?"

qyburn-more.gif

Wvrs

So, dragons have been in Westeros for 300 years, right? Why have they waited until now to mobilise and head south?

I want the last season to be as scary as Hardhome was, even more so.
The NK and his army has to destroy a lot before the end of the show, heroes must die, side characters must die and places we've known for years should be decimated.
Culminating in a pyrrhic victory for the characters who've survived.

They have to sell the Long Night as we've been hearing about it for years.
The last scene was terrifying, I hope they keep it up.

Just_one

Bran being the night king.

@ work. will answer with all of it , later at home.

fast answer, not ony is he the night king but he was the one who made the mad king mad with his whispers (like hodor).

the only thing i dont think it will be mentioned in the show is that he was the one who built the wall.

problem in all of this we only have 6 episodes :(

fast answer, not ony is he the night king but he was the one who made the mad king mad with his whispers (like hodor).

the only thing i dont think it will be mentioned in the show is that he was the one who built the wall.

Haha I read this at other places too, weird how people all seem to have this theory. Where did you read it originally?

Doesnt make a lick of sense to me.

I thought the last season was 13 episodes, but now I'm learning it's only six? Six fucking episodes for the last season of the biggest TV show in history?

Fuck right off with this.

The last season is 13 episodes.

In HBO fashion, split into two parts...7 and 6.

-griffy-

Banned
wow fuck my life is ruined

edit: no seriously my wife is going to behead me when she finds out

After season 6, they said there were 13 episodes total left. 7 episodes this season, 6 episodes for the final season.

Episodes for the final season will all likely be longer than normal, some approaching 2 hours in length.

problem in all of this we only have 6 episodes :(

Brandon the Builder also built many of the bigger castles, after the wall, so he kept busy. But no, I don't think there will be time travel in the show. The NK might be some other Stark tho...

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
oh yeah, it was there right from the beginning, even with the original story draft, it's just an unfortunate side effect of the move to the more supernatural elements of the story.

Hence why keeping Cersei as the southern threat is such a good thing. The human enemy can pretend to be your friend (or at least stay out of your way), while al the while preparing to stab you in the back.

The "Bran is the night king theory" makes zero sense in the context of which time works in GoT. Bran can't knowingly affect time. If he does affect time by going to be past, it happens naturally without intent. When he warged into Hodor of the past is was because he needed to affect the present that was happening from the past. He had no idea that present was going to happen when he warged back in time. In doing so he had no clue what the outcome would be until it happened.

Quoth the three eyed raven:

"The past is already written. The ink is dry."

I've actually seen proponents of the theory suggest the three eyed raven lied to Bran for this to work. However, Bran himself has confirmed multiple times that all he sees is everything that is currently going on and everything in the past and he never mentions the future. Which he would need to do if time worked differently in this universe.

Honestly ... if this theory pans out I'll be upset. Because they've used time perfectly to date.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I hope S8 opens with Euron landing on a peaceful island south of Essos, its kinda warm still because its so far south, someone is pouring him a drink, and the first line is "and Cersei thought I was actually going back....bahahahahaha what a silly cunt".

He has the best (only?) navy and he will have the best army in all the seven kingdoms. Why would he even need Cersei at that point?

Getting the dragon was pure luck? I dunno, if the night king is a greenseer who can see the future and spy around timelines and locations like bran, maybe getting a dragon was the plan all along. It's just a matter of waiting around long enough gathering undead stragglers until the opportunity pops up to lay a trap. Standing with 3 giant ice lances by your side, while ensnared best friends of the dragon queen wait for help seems to suggest this.

yep can't imagine that this just a lucky coincidence.

I even think the Night King & white Walkers took so long all this season because they waited for the Dragons to grow big enough.

Bran can't and has never been able to see the future.

Because a show that implies Gendry can run light speed is above a coincidence happening? lol

I even think the Night King & white Walkers took so long all this season because they waited for the Dragons to grow big enough.

That's my take as well. Why would the Night King have no warg/greensight powers? Especially if all this Bran=NK is true.

-griffy-

Banned
Bran can't and has never been able to see the future.

Bran saw the three eyed raven and Jojen in his dreams before meeting either, and saw the wildfire explosion at the sept of Baelor, the shadow of a dragon flying over King's Landing and the destroyed, snow-filled throne room when jacked into the matrix at the end of last season.

Steejee

I'm going to just stick with my theory that the giant chains were part of the original plan (scale the walls by having the giants thrown the chains up top, or use them to pull the doors down or even chunks of the wall itself) and the Night's King just capitalized on an opportunity. Whether or not he had any idea there'd be Dragons coming when he surrounded Jon an Co was a bit irrelevant - the WW don't age or need food, so watching Jon Co die of exposure was perfectly fine by him. They're on horseback, so having the lances makes sense.

That does leave open the question of what they were going to do about the wards on the wall, but that could explain why NK waited until this point to move on the wall in the first place- the wards were broken, be it by age or by him marking Bran and then Bran going through the wall again. The old Three Eyed Raven was too cautious to break the magic in that way, and Bran is too inexperienced to have known. He had been building an army to invade for years, but needed that last piece to fall into place. Since he clearly has some green-seer powers of his own (since he can knock Bran out of his green sight), this might have been a very long struggle against the old Three Eyed Raven's powers that the NK finally got the upper hand on.

Bran saw the three eyed raven and Jojen in his dreams before meeting either, and saw the wildfire explosion at the sept of Baelor, the shadow of a dragon flying over King's Landing and the destroyed, snow-filled throne room when jacked into the matrix at the end of last season.

This is making me upset because I forgot this and it's breaking a consistent use of time logic. lol

That being said ... unless the three eyed raven lied to bran (blowing up the entire time logic used to date) the theory still doesn't make sense.

If Bran can see the future he should know he's fucked making any move like that before he does too. Furthermore, unless he finds out the three eyed raven lied to him, he woudn't ever go back with the intention of changing events because he thinks "the ink is dry"

This is why I hate time travel shenanigans in stories.

-griffy-

Banned
This is making me upset because I forgot this and it's breaking a consistent use of time logic. lol

That being said ... unless the three eyed raven lied to bran (blowing up the entire time logic used to date) the theory still doesn't make sense.

If Bran can see the future he should know he's fucked making any move like that too.
I don't think Bran can reliably see the future, he's only gotten flashes, and visions that are more symbolism than explicit.

Jojen would be a more apt comparison to a hypothetical Night King greenseer. Jojen could actively see events that were going to happen, like knowing to meet Bran, where the Three Eyed Raven tree was, and that his death would involve fire.

televator

Bronn didn't leave with Jaime. I bet Cersei gonna have him killed for trying to flee last minute when the shit is hitting the fan.

Nah Tsundere Bronn will end up getting killed defending Tyrion and Jaime. His last line will be like, "Jeez you guys are so annoying. I-It's not like I like you guys or anything. Save yourselves you baka Lannister bros."

We need an anime panel for that.

I don't think Bran can reliably see the future, he's only gotten flashes, and visions that are more symbolism than explicit.

Jojen would be a more apt comparison to a hypothetical Night King greenseer. Jojen could actively see events that were going to happen, like knowing to meet Bran, where the Three Eyed Raven tree was, and that his death would involve fire.

So even here, if Jojen sees the future he's off to find Bran because he see Bran as a savior of some sort. If he sees the future and knows Bran becomes the night king he doesn't go. So how far is this "future seeing capability".

Making Bran the Night King would ruin a large portion of the story for me so far.

i really believe bran is the night king and jon will find out that its bran.

thats the bitter sweet finale of the series alongside tyrion dying during the battle and dany dieing giving birth.

oh and jaime is totally killing cersey to fulfill the prophecy

Whaaaat? o_O

Is this a rabbit hole of a theory I want to go down?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This video is so weird. I like the series but I think there are people crying joyous tears in the audience. Is this an american thing?

I teared up, too.

See, in other parts besides the UK, people who are emotionally invested into characters usually feel emotions when something emotional happens to said characters.

Top Bottom