• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

all i know from the show are castle black, and the more recently named east watch. idk where they mentioned other castles along the wall, please link me youtube so i can remedy my memory.
thanks.

You're best off trying a specific GoT wiki. There are castles all along the wall, but Castle Black is the headquarters with the biggest force of Night's Watch.

Sethista

I think it's more likely that she'll take Littlefinger's face than anything. Sure, Cersei doesn't trust him, but it's more likely that Arya will do this than killing Jaime.

He has no power to get a meeting with her tho. THe only one cersei still allows to get close is jaime at this point.

If arya kills jaime, gets his face and kills cersei, the profecy is fulfilled, and arya gets to finish her kill list.

Its pefection

yoooo. i cant wait to see Sansa, Arya, Jon, Tyrion, Brieanne*, The hound, Dany, Jamie, Davos, Jorah*, and Bran all in a room together. i hope it happens

(nah idc about bran being in the room with them)

all i know from the show are castle black, and the more recently named east watch. idk where they mentioned other castles along the wall, please link me youtube so i can remedy my memory.
thanks.

All I can remember from the show is Nightfort, where Sam and Bran met:
https://youtu.be/tVoDFrTw4ZU

But that is west from Castle Black... I think they said that there are 12 castles total, but we have only seen three of them.

Vashetti

Banned
thanks.

There are 19 castles along the wall.

Only three are in use

Shadow Tower
Castle Black
Eastwatch

Source?

The show.

You're best off trying a specific GoT wiki. There are castles all along the wall, but Castle Black is the headquarters with the biggest force of Night's Watch.
tenor.gif

whats with the fucking attitude?

there have been talks about how the castles along the wall arent manned at all since the night watch doesnt have the men necessary to occupy them.

its not having an attitude, its asking for information that was showed during the show.. you know what this thread is all about? lol relax... i even said thanks

wouldn't the wiki have book info that might not be in the show?

aBarreras

its not having an attitude, its asking for information that was showed during the show.. you know what this thread is all about? lol relax... i even said thanks

wouldn't the wiki have book info that might not be in the show?

the wiki is show specific

the wiki for the book is a different one

All I can remember from the show is Nightfort, where Sam and Bran met:
https://youtu.be/tVoDFrTw4ZU

But that is west from Castle Black... I think they said that there are 12 castles total, but we have only seen three of them.

ah see! Thank you !! :D but are they occupied and some place where they can send ravens from? they need a maester right?

There are 19 castles along the wall.

Only three are in use

Shadow Tower
Castle Black
Eastwatch

Source?

The show.

Thank you. :)

the wiki is show specific

the wiki for the book is a different one
so there are two wiki's then?

kubus

am I the only one who thought "damn that blood stain is gonna be a bitch to clean" when Littlefinger was bleeding out on the cobblestone floor?

I hope S8 opens with Euron landing on a peaceful island south of Essos, its kinda warm still because its so far south, someone is pouring him a drink, and the first line is "and Cersei thought I was actually going back....bahahahahaha what a silly cunt".

Well yeah, but we're using the term "nuke" metaphorically here. In all the scenes where the dragons fuck shit up, the area outside the immediate blast radius seems fine (see: the Tarly's getting roasted right next to everyone), suggesting there isn't much of a shockwave or expansion of air. The wall was, presumably, dinged up because it melted.

Of course, it may well use up all the available oxygen, but the atmosphere will replenish that pretty quick in a vacuum. The only thing that could fuck here up is if the blue fire is somehow different.

Blue flame might indeed be hotter. They mentioned that the wall is 30 feet thick near castle black. It definately didn't look thicker than 15 feet at Eastwatch. But still surprised at how quickly the wall fell. Maybe undead dragon fire is hotter.

I hope S8 opens with Euron landing on a peaceful island south of Essos, its kinda warm still because its so far south, someone is pouring him a drink, and the first line is "and Cersei thought I was actually going back....bahahahahaha what a silly cunt".

You can send a pirate off to a Free City with an entire boat full of gold as long as you're confident he wants to bang you bad enough, I guess.

ah see! Thank you !! :D but are they occupied and some place where they can send ravens from? they need a maester right?
?

Yeah, I think their best bet is to get to Castle Black and send ravens from there, but they probably can climb down when they reach the nearest castle, so they don't have to suffer the wind on top of the wall all the way. They prpbably don't waste time showing this in the show though, I think they will just appear in Castle Black by the next episode.

Lol, that's true. I think they were 100 men when the Wildlings attacked in... S4, I think? Presumably it's barely a skeleton crew at the other fortresses along the wall.

am I the only one who thought "damn that blood stain is gonna be a bitch to clean" when Littlefinger was bleeding out on the cobblestone floor?

Was anyone else thinking "he wouldn't die from that if he covered the wound and stopped the blood loss"? It was either Bravo Two Zero or Immediate Action by Andy McNab, but I remember reading a long time ago that a single slice across the throat was neither enough to be fatal in ordinary circumstances nor silence someone.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
What was the plan for the undead to get through the wall? Getting the dragon was pure luck so they must have had some other plan, right?

You remember in season 4 when the Widlings almost succeeded in busting down the inner gate in the tunnel at Castle Black? That was with one living Giant. Night King has a few undead giants with him. He would have busted through the gates.

Addi

I like how Jon showing off the wight felt like a Tupperware presentation/Tv shop. "You can cut it in half, you can kill it with fire AND you can kill it with dragon glass."

I thought they might be able to cram S8 into 2018, but now it's looking more like early 2019 according to The Hollywood Reporter.

- THR: 'Game of Thrones': Why the Wait for the Final Season Isn't a Big Deal (Anymore)
Production on the fantasy drama's eighth season is slated to begin in October and run as late as August 2018, sources say. That could push the return of the abbreviated six-episode final run into 2019 with a more than 16-month gap between seasons. (HBO would neither confirm nor deny the rumors.)

"Our production people are trying to figure out a timeline for the shoot and how much time the special effects take," HBO programming president Casey Bloys tells The Hollywood Reporter. "The shooting is complicated enough — on different continents, with all the technical aspects — and the special effects are a whole other production period that we're trying to figure out. That is a big factor in all of this."
Of course there are disadvantages — like increased marketing budget needs — that come with such delays between seasons, but insiders note that the wait is typically worth it.

"As shows get bigger and more complicated, I have to follow the producers' lead and let go of, 'It'd be nice to have it every year,'" Bloys says. (Westworld, it's worth noting, scored a leading 22 Emmy nominations, a big payoff for the extra time.) "They have to do the best show they can do. With bigger shows like Westworld or Game of Thrones, sometimes if you want the big show and the big scope, it takes longer."

Loved that shot of Blue Eyes White Dragon laying waste to the wall with the undead marching forward in the foreground. The whole scene was amazing.

-griffy-

Banned
Only to Targaryens and a subset of Lannisters.
And Jon wasn't raised a Targ, so yeah. It'll be a big deal.

The incest is probably the lesser part of the whole thing anyways. Jon being a trueborn son, who is also the rightful heir to the Iron Throne ahead of Dany is absolutely going to throw a wrench into things. Jon's entire identity has been built on being a bastard, and Dany's entire identity is based on her being the rightful heir. *Relationship status set to complicated*

thanks.

Eastwatch by the Sea was mentioned back in the first seasons I think. As far as I know the only manned castles along the wall are Castle Black, Eastwatch by the Sea and the Shadow Tower. All the other castles are abandoned.

Edit: already answered

So a few of use were fan theorising about whats in store for S8 and one of the old dears in the office hit out with a belter that I dont know is wildly thought of or talked about (on here or anywhere else).

Cersei is pregnant and everyone expects her to die, probably at the hands of Jamie but what if she was to die in labour after giving birth to a baby that shows signs of dwarfism.

Would that be too perfect a way for her to go?

Ralemont

not me
So a few of use were fan theorising about whats in store for S8 and one of the old dears in the office hit out with a belter that I dont know is wildly thought of or talked about (on here or anywhere else).

Cersei is pregnant and everyone expects her to die, probably at the hands of Jamie but what if she was to die in labour after giving birth to a baby that shows signs of dwarfism.

It would be if she was actually pregnant. I highly doubt it.

redfox088

Banned
A missed opportunity TBH

Seeing both suddenly die would have risen the stakes a little
I don't understand people's fascination with seeing named characters unexpectedly died this late in the game. All the main pieces that are alive now are alive because of Plot Armor/Persistence so to kill them unexpectedly while there is a Great War they can contribute to next season doesn't " raise the stakes" so much as just being there for shock value which we got in spades during the first 4 seasons.

That would ideal. Hopefully with Jaime gone and Tyrion there during the birth, and as she dies he says "I forgive you". Because he's a bang-up fucker who would show kindness even after all she has done.

It would be if she was actually pregnant. I highly doubt it.

Yeah, she definitely is. She's already acting different because her priorities have shifted.

So who will be the last enemy? The Night King or Cersei? Everything indicates they have to deal with the NK first, while giving Cersei time to recover and expand her position.

But the last battle being for the Iron Throne and not against the WW would be weird.

Heshinsi

The incest is probably the lesser part of the whole thing anyways. Jon being a trueborn son, who is also the rightful heir to the Iron Throne ahead of Dany is absolutely going to throw a wrench into things. Jon's entire identity has been built on being a bastard, and Dany's entire identity is based on her being the rightful heir. *Relationship status set to complicated*

She technically was the rightful heir for 6 seasons though. I honestly think they'll get married anyways, which solves the problem. Jon doesn't even want the throne, and as I mentioned before, there's no way he could win the throne without her armies anyways. Just because he in now due to a technicality is the heir to the Targ throne, doesn't mean he can just go down to KL and take it.

Ralemont

not me
She spared both her brothers. A Cersei with nothing left to lose would probably have killed them both.

Actually a Cersei with child has even more reason to kill Jaime in that scene.

As for Tyrion, it's not telling to anyone that she never intended to honor their deal that would have secured safety for her "child"?

Not to mention the prophecy regarding her which said she'd only have three children.

She spared both her brothers. A Cersei with nothing left to lose would probably have killed them both.

She pared Tyrion because she had an army on her door step and a couple dragons flying above and because she played him.

I think she spared Jaime probably because he's right, he's the only one she has left. As cold as she's become, I don't think she could have Jaime killed.

Heshinsi

As for Tyrion, it's not telling to anyone that she never intended to honor their deal that would have secured safety for her "child"?

Not to mention the prophecy regarding her which said she'd only have three children.

But she already had a fourth child though. She tells Cat that her child died when she's trying to console her.

Cersei has had 4 children actually. She had one with Robert but the baby died. The prophecy is probably bs.

Top Bottom