• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Surfinn

Speaking of Dany, I always see people complaining about her making speeches or something, and I've never found that bad since they've always been super badass and emotional peaks for me. The only one that didn't work that much for me was the one where she recruits all the Dothraki when she's riding Drogon in season 6, and not because it was bad, but because it wasn't the greatest ending for an episode.

Thing is they ALL make speeches so I gotta side eye that criticism (not yours) when I see it

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Will we ever see the Night King's home? Dont tell me this dude is just wandering a snow desert all his life.

When he was a wee little lad growing up in Dorne, he once told his mom that Dorne was too hot, he prefers colder climates. Him mom said "Dorne is always going to be hot, so unless you move north or magically bring the cold to Dorne, you better get used to this heat buddy boy."

And then he went

giphy.gif

pablito

Man..

I never understood the hate for Emilia. Her acting subtleties really make Danny shine. I think she's a fantastic actor who has done the character justice and then some.

I would actually go as far as to say a lot of the criticism comes more from the writing than the actress.

But this season, she's been golden and has, thus far, put out an excellent performance.

I feel like John/Danny betters both actors because of their natural chemistry.

Yeah I think people are too hard on her and Kit. If I have problems with either character, it's not really with the delivery of the actor. Mainly with what's given to them.

Speaking of Dany, I always see people complaining about her making speeches or something, and I've never found that bad since they've always been super badass and emotional peaks for me. The only one that didn't work that much for me was the one where she recruits all the Dothraki when she's riding Drogon in season 6, and not because it was bad, but because it wasn't the greatest ending for an episode.

How many speeches has she actually given? I know she's made more than one but I can only remember the one you mentioned. And that one was corny.

i am a bit confused to how a dead person is going to prove to cersei and jamie that the white walkers exist and what not. they can be like, "well, yeah, we have a walking zombie too"

number11

They're building the Jon x Dany relationship so hard.. I know there's history of it, but are they really gonna go down the incest route? It's weird how so many people (I admit including me) want this to happen.

Ferrio

Banned
i am a bit confused to how a dead person is going to prove to cersei and jamie that the white walkers exist and what not. they can be like, "well, yeah, we have a walking zombie too"

The mountain isn't a zombie, he never died far as I know, he was just prevented from dying. It's like calling someone on life support a zombie.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I fucking hate these leaks. Caught a massive episode 6 spoiler in youtube suggested videos of all places. People are fucking spoiling on quora, youtube, facebook. Whole fucking internet. Fuck that spoiler ruined a possibly great scene for me.

Surfinn

Yeah I think people are too hard on her and Kit. If I have problems with either character, it's not really with the delivery of the actor. Mainly with what's given to them.

How many speeches has she actually given? I know she's made more than one but I can only remember the one you mentioned. And that one was corny.

Wait..

People are hard on KIT?

Cipherr

I fucking hate these leaks. Caught a massive episode 6 spoiler in youtube suggested videos of all places. People are fucking spoiling on quora, youtube, facebook. Whole fucking internet. Fuck that spoiler ruined a possibly great scene for me.

Why aren't YT channels banned for that anyway. You cant access the leak without pirating anyway.

pablito

Yeah I don't watch any GOT stuff on YT, so I don't get GOT recommended stuff or up next or anything like that. That and not being on social media keeps me spoiler free. Just gotta worry about dickheads that looked up the leaks or watched it and come in acting like they're making predictions.

Wait..

People are hard on KIT?

I've seen people call him one of the worst actors on the show.

Jombie

You have to stay off youtube. Assholes use these leaks to get views and subs, they don't give a shit about spoiling it for people. A bunch of fucking hypocrites.

-griffy-

Banned
Why did Little finger deliver Sansa to Roose / Ramsay and talk about an alliance with the Eyrie only to then later attack them?

At the time he thought bringing together the Starks and Boltons would make a stronger ally for him. Ramsay turned out to be crazy though and kind of ruined things by murdering his own family and raping Sansa.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Why did Little finger deliver Sansa to Roose / Ramsay and talk about an alliance with the Eyrie only to then later attack them?

I'm a bit sketchy on this, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his plan was to work both sides of the Lannister and Bolton conflict. He gave Sansa to the Boltons so they would have the keys to the North but then went to Cersei and told him about the Boltons betraying the Lannisters, this way they would go after the Boltons one day. If the Lannisters won the war, then Littlefinger would be warden of the North and if the Boltons won, then Roose would die off soon and Sansa would raise the next Bolton/Stark kids. So it's win/win.

However, Sansa would probably get killed, unless Littlefinger rescued her if the Lannisters won.

He ended up attacking the Boltons once they lost Sansa and the best next thing was just attacking Winterfell with Jon and the Eyrie.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I'm a bit sketchy on this, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his plan was to work both sides of the Lannister and Bolton conflict. He gave Sansa to the Boltons so they would have the keys to the North but then went to Cersei and told him about the Boltons betraying the Lannisters, this way they would go after the Boltons one day. If the Lannisters won the war, then Littlefinger would be warden of the North and if the Boltons won, then Roose would die off soon and Sansa would raise the next Bolton/Stark kids. So it's win/win.

However, Sansa would probably get killed, unless Littlefinger rescued her if the Lannisters won.

He ended up attacking the Boltons once they lost Sansa and the best next thing was just attacking Winterfell with Jon and the Eyrie.

Yeah that seems to be correct. Plus, it doesn't surprise me that Littlefinger wouldn't know much about the bastard son of a lower house in the North. Hell the Starks didn't know much about Ramsay and they live in the North.

At the time he thought bringing together the Starks and Boltons would make a stronger ally for him. Ramsay turned out to be crazy though and kind of ruined things by murdering his own family and raping Sansa.

This seems like it makes sense. Been a while so couldn't remember.

Surfinn

I've seen people call him one of the worst actors on the show.

Lol jesus.......... people will literally complain about anything

Yeah it's because he has only one mode; brooding lol. Even in real life.

*I have no problems with Kit at all

WHAT? Dude exhibits so much emotion. I couldn't disagree more here. For example:

Particularly in this ep I thought he delivered his close encounter with Drogo like a Boss.
He conveyed so much without saying a single word.

Yup. This.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Is it just me, or has Emilia Clarke's acting been way, way better this season?

She's actually showing some emotion for a change and it has been making a huge difference. Her facial expressions have gotten a lot better.

I know Dany is supposed to be a strong character so I get why she wouldn't always be emotional before... but there were times in previous seasons where she would just be cold/stoic and it just didn't feel right. Maybe its the writing?

She's actually showing some emotion for a change and it has been making a huge difference. Her facial expressions have gotten a lot better.

I know Dany is supposed to be a strong character so I get why she wouldn't always be emotional before... but there were times in previous seasons where she would just be cold/stoic and it just didn't feel right. Maybe its the writing?

Isn't she supposed to be like fourteen to sixteen at the start of season one?
I mean that would sorta explain something.

Heshinsi

Nah, this is Faceapp that's making him smile.

Dammit, that would have worked much better. Why did I not think of the app?

Lol jesus.......... people will literally complain about anything

WHAT? Dude exhibits so much emotion. I couldn't disagree more here. For example:

Yup. This.

I'm not actually serious haha. As I said, I like him and have no issues with him.

Surfinn

I'm not actually serious haha. As I said, I like him and have no issues with him.

Whew my heart skipped a beat

IMAGINE THAT!

Yup, she's been excellent this season. I really care about her

nubbe

she's always been brilliant
Just more to do now than to dominate puny men

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Just a warning to everyone here. Just got spoiled by a youtube comment on a fucking jackfrags BF1 video.

i never read comments but jack was going on and on about how he loves comments on his videos and i subconsciously scrolled down and some cunt tricked me into clicking read more and spoiled the fucking episode.

this after i spent the entire day avoiding the recommended section on youtube with all leaked video titles.

it truly shows how toxic the general public is. the books never really went mainstream so we didnt have any of the major moments spoiled. not even jon's death in book 5. if anything i thought the internet had me convinced he had plot armor.

Now, two episodes get leaked and people start spoiling everywhere. This is why god invented nukes. we have failed as a society.

/meltdown

Heshinsi

Dany was at her best when she had her original khalasar. Mereen and the near constant conflict between the slavers and the freed people dragged her storyline, the people she interacted with, and therefore her scenes down.

Einchy

I thought for sure Cersei was going to die in episode 7 but episode 5 really threw the way I saw season 7 and 8 playing out. Now it's looking like Cersei will take a part in fighting the Night King.

Volimar

I thought for sure Cersei was going to die in episode 7 but episode 5 really threw the way I saw season 7 and 8 playing out. Now it's looking like Cersei will take a part in fighting the Night King.

Wut?

Edit: nvm I had to reread it a few times for it to make sense.

Einchy

Wut?

Edit: nvm I had to reread it a few times for it to make sense.

To clarify, going into season 7 I was sure Cersei would end up dying by the end of this season since she is the last antagonist we have left. WIth her dead in season 7, season 8 could completely focus on the Night King while Dany is the new queen. However, the last episode has introduced a possible ceasefire between Cersei and Dany while they focus on the Night King, which Cersei trying to conspire to take her out while they work "together", which means she is possibly staying alive well into season 8, if not the whole season.

Top Bottom