• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

superfly

I understand they are trying to speed up plot development but the way characters seemingly teleport across westeros now has completely ruined the show for me

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It took Mance 20 years to recruit all the Wildling tribes, it took the Night King 15 minutes. The Night King is the one true ruler of the Seven Kingdoms.

I understand they are trying to speed up plot development but the way characters seemingly teleport across westeros now has completely ruined the show for me

It's nothing new in the series, to be honest.

And it's nothing new in the way movies tell stories. You'd think viewers would be fluent with that language in 2017...xD

I don't get why people assume it's going to be only the morally right/hero characters and fan favorites vs. the White Walkers when the show has said time and time again it's living vs dead. That's something that has been repeated several times. Not to mention how many morally grey characters we've got.

Cersei, Euron, Frankenmountain, LF, Jaime are probably going to be involved in the battle at this point especially considering how many evil characters have died.

wandering

Banned
I don't get why people assume it's going to be only the morally right/hero characters and fan favorites vs. the White Walkers when the show has said time and time again it's living vs dead. That's something that has been repeated several times. Not to mention how many morally grey characters we've got.

Cersei, Euron, Frankenmountain, LF, Jaime are probably going to be involved in the battle at this point especially considering how many evil characters have died.

"We're all breathing"

At the very least, LF needs to go this season.

CheckMate

I fear the day where the ending is leaked and people are going to post it everywhere, even in unrelated matters, similar to what happened with SW: E7.

if the episode was longer, or if certain scenes were paired up with others, then it wouldn't have been so bad.

but you're right. i hope the pace won't be like this for the rest of the show

Nameless

Agreed. It's just a shame Joffrey won't be around to lend his valor and might to the good fight.

joffrey-statue-650x364.jpg

He's running out of people to turn against each other.

This

And what is his end goal now? To sit on the throne or have someone he can control sit on the throne?

Sansa doesn't seem to trust him much anymore. Arya gives him the evil eye. So he's playing them both to get at each other like having two sisters fight is gonna help him?

Let's say he does get both sisters to fight, either one dies, the surviving one looks terrible to the North. Both dies, and I guess he can try to control Bran, but Bran doesn't give shit so he's like destined to fail cause there's barely anymore pieces on the board for him to play with.

He needs to go cause he's turning into another pointless subplot.

I doubt we need LF to get the Vale to fight in the war of the living and the dead. He'd be the most useless. He can go.

T
He needs to go cause he's turning into another pointless subplot.

LF seemed a pointless subplot after Ned was killed until the big reveal in S4. No one complained then. It's just that there were other evil characters for people to hate on, many of whom also seemed pointless.

Now, suddenly LF is a threat to beloved characters and everyone wants him dead and will find every reason to deem him useless to the story.

What about the fact that he's one of the wealthiest people? Could probably afford to hire a decent amount of fighters, not to mention he obviously has major influence.

The dude has been scheming longer than the majority of the favorites have been alive and I'd be pretty disappointed if he was outwitted by a bunch of kids. That would be a really shitty conclusion to one of, if not the smartest characters on the show.

Speevy

Banned
The Night King gathers all the dead men and whitewalker lords to a great celebration of their impending victory over the last men.

They dine on...I don't know, man flesh.

But it's not their usual meal of fingers and toes.

No, they're eating DRAGONGLASS PIES.

The Night King takes off his face to reveal Arya.

They should have figured that the Night King doesn't normally throw two feasts before midday.

The queen in the north.

LF seemed a pointless subplot after Ned was killed until the big reveal in S4. No one complained then. It's just that there were other evil characters for people to hate on, many of whom also seemed pointless.

Now, suddenly LF is a threat to beloved characters and everyone wants him dead and will find every reason to deem him useless to the story.

What about the fact that he's one of the wealthiest people? Could probably afford to hire a decent amount of fighters, not to mention he obviously has major influence.

The dude has been scheming longer than the majority of the favorites have been alive and I'd be pretty disappointed of he was out witted by a bunch of kids. That would be a really shitty conclusion to one of, if not the smartest characters on the show.

The only thing I can think of happening is he's Cersei's double agent or plans to betray the North at some point, but honestly, him making some serious plays this late in the season, leads me to he's going to get it.

I didn't like LF since day one cause he's straight up seedy as fuck. He's the kind of character you know he's going to stab someone in the back sooner or later.

Edit: Also, I think LF is underestimating Arya's willingness to kill people or killing ability just cause she thinks it's the thing to do. There's no political maneuvering for her.

Coworker spoiled it for me. Well I guessed it and he failed to keep a straight poker face. I'm so excited!
The Night King gathers all the dead men and whitewalker lords to a great celebration of their impending victory over the last men.

They should have figured that the Night King doesn't normally throw two feasts before midday.

The queen in the north.
Lmao

The only thing I can think of happening is he's Cersei's double agent or plans to betray the North at some point, but honestly, him making some serious plays this late in the season, leads me to he's going to get it.

I didn't like LF since day one cause he's straight up seedy as fuck. He's the kind of character you know he's going to stab someone in the back sooner or later.

I really doubt he's siding with Cersei since he's not only had Joffrey killed, helped Sansa escape the Lannisters, but also is the reason why the crown, or the Lannisters are in massive debt.

Dude has been fucking them for years.

Serious plays, that's what he does though, it's what he's done from the very beginning. He's going to continue down that path until he's dead because he'll probably never be satisfied. That doesn't mean he's oblivious and is ignoring the war to the North. This is actually probably the perfect time for him to make these plays, while everyone else has their mind on something bigger.

The queen in the north.

Lmao.

Good point made on living vs. dead.

But, I dont know, it would feel good to see all the faves teaming up, even the evil characters. But it would also just be too easy and wasteful, and presumably, they would need to resume the game, and the question left would be "but what happens next"

Top Bottom