• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

tell that to the lord of light!
melisandre1.gif

I don't get why people assume it's going to be only the morally right/hero characters and fan favorites vs. the White Walkers when the show has said time and time again it's living vs dead. That's something that has been repeated several times. Not to mention how many morally grey characters we've got.

Cersei, Euron, Frankenmountain, LF, Jaime are probably going to be involved in the battle at this point especially considering how many evil characters have died.

im really wondering if the night king could turn the mountain into a wight the moment he sees him. same with euron as he is dead as well

jrcbandit

I don't get why people assume it's going to be only the morally right/hero characters and fan favorites vs. the White Walkers when the show has said time and time again it's living vs dead. That's something that has been repeated several times. Not to mention how many morally grey characters we've got.

Cersei, Euron, Frankenmountain, LF, Jaime are probably going to be involved in the battle at this point especially considering how many evil characters have died.

I doubt Cersei will head north with everyone else and will probably just send a small token force with Jaime in hopes that all the other armies will mostly die off fighting the White Walkers but still defeat them. While they are doing that, she will order a fresh mercenary army with the help of the Iron Bank and have them sent to King's Landing instead of the North...

I really doubt he's siding with Cersei since he's not only had Joffrey killed, helped Sansa escape the Lannisters, but also is the reason why the crown, or the Lannisters are in massive debt.

Dude has been fucking them for years.

Serious plays, that's what he does though, it's what he's done from the very beginning. He's going to continue down that path until he's dead because he'll probably never be satisfied. That doesn't mean he's oblivious and is ignoring the war to the North. This is actually probably the perfect time for him to make these plays, while everyone else has their mind on something bigger.

Which is why I don't think he's not going to make it to the next season. He thinks everyone is distracted. He's severally underestimating both the Stark girls.

Maybe Bran will help
lol

Is there a specific timestamp I should be looking for or are you talking about "what is dead may never die"?

Because you might be taking that saying a little too literally, Theon is also dead then and probably many more Iron Born. It's just a baptism.

Which is why I don't think he's not going to make it to the next season. He thinks everyone is distracted. He's severally underestimating both the Stark girls.

Maybe Bran will help
lol

Bran would be the only way I'd be okay with him dying this early because Bran is infinitely more intelligent than LF and knows his every moves. I don't see him dying because of a slip up though.

He's not literally dead...

maybe i was misinterpreting the scene but I thought the whole ceremony is about killing off the ironborn to resurrect him and make him stronger. euron clearly is not breathing for quite some time so i was assuming he died and was resurrected by that priest dude.

i mean there are so many resurrections in this series. thoros did it. melissandre did it. why do we assume that the same hasnt happened in that scene...

then again if its the same thing the night king obviously wouldnt be able to turn euron at least i guess... (as he wasnt able to turn beric or jon)

Vashetti

Banned
maybe i was misinterpreting the scene but I thought the whole ceremony is about killing off the ironborn to resurrect him and make him stronger. euron clearly is not breathing for quite some time so i was assuming he died and was resurrected by that priest dude.

Major misinterpretation there dude.

Their ceremony just means that if he coughs up the water, he's fit to lead them.

If he doesn't, he's dead.

wandering

Banned

He drowned and then recovered. He's still alive, his heart is still beating.

I mean, if the Night King could turn Euron into a wight, what would that mean for Jon and Beric?

Major misinterpretation there dude.

Their ceremony just means that if he coughs up the water, he's fit to lead them.

If he doesn't, he's dead.

as i said. its a show where the dead get resurrected by normal people all the time. we have seen red priests do it why shouldnt those ironborn priests be any different?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

The general theme of the show has been people fighting for power and destroying the realm in the process and rendering it unable to fight the real battle that they refuse to even acknowledge. There is no reason to believe things will change, Cersei has made it clear that she will be quite happy for the whole world to freeze or burn as long as she and Jamie (and I think he is negotiable) are the last ones standing.

Addi

Come to think of it, the Night King does need human male babies to "reproduce". He might not kill every human in Westeros if he strikes a deal with some of them for their sons. Do they need to be male though or was that just Craster that wanted more daughters to fuck?
Oh shit! What if Cersei offers her baby to strike a deal with the NK?

Come to think of it, the Night King does need human male babies to "reproduce". He might not kill every human in Westeros if he strikes a deal with some of them for their sons. Do they need to be male though or was that just Craster that wanted more daughters to fuck?

Yeah, guess Craster's deal was strictly for reproducing, needed all his daughters. I wonder why there aren't any female WWs.

Night King doesn't need to negotiate. He could literally order his army to take the babies during the killing spree.

Plus, him bargaining would be the biggest eyeroll of all time and we just saw Brienne and Arya mock fight. We don't need anymore cringe.

CGwizz

3 dragons flying from Dragonstone, basically a 2 days journey and melting the Red Keep to the ground with Cersei in it.

She has no weapons that can beat the dragons. Jamie made that very clear.

Dragons are game changers.

I was talking about a weapon vs the white walkers , wild fire is THE best weapon IMO to fight those hordes of undead and white walkers.

"Dragons are game changers"

tenor.gif

Night King doesn't need to negotiate. He could literally order his army to take the babies during the killing spree.

Plus, him bargaining would be the biggest eyeroll of all time and we just saw Brienne and Arya mock fight. We don't need anymore cringe.

I mean they did make a deal with Craster way back when, so we know they're not above making deals. But yeah, Cersei trading her future baby is too much.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I mean they did make a deal with Craster way back when, so we know they're not above making deals. But yeah, Cersei trading her future baby is too much.

I doubt they will talk about this but I really do wonder how this deal came about. Caster is the only human that we know of that has had some kind of contact with the White Walkers without either party dying.

I was talking about a weapon vs the white walkers , wild fire is THE best weapon IMO to fight those hordes of undead and white walkers.

tenor.gif
Wildfire is not unlimited.

I don't think it's a "deal" but Craster knows how to appease the things that control the land he lives in. Similar to leaving loads of food near a tree in the woods so the predators don't break in and eat you.

CGwizz

I'm still really sad we changed actors for the Night King. I can't tell if I actively dislike the new guy, or if I am just used to the old one. Old one looked so menacing:

Hardhome night king was a thousand times better than this one that looks terrible in comparison, its one of those decisions i dont understand, he looks so fucking badass.

Diabelli

Yes, that's him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuf0-ZHsOs8

This goes over why they had to make the White Walkers.

Man, thinking back they really glossed over such an important part of the show, especially killing off the children of the forest so quickly. Hodor's death had more weight to it than the CotF in that episode, and they are literally the cause of the greatest threat to life in Westeros. Hopefully season 8 isn't just about big battles, and there's more interesting history like this video, but with the way they have handled it thus far I'm not holding much hope.

Nope. No character ever deserves to be killed off screen no matter how bad they are written.
bbsjzow.gif

I doubt they will talk about this but I really do wonder how this deal came about. Caster is the only human that we know of that has had some kind of connect with the White Walkers without either party dying.

I don't think it's a "deal" but Craster knows how to appease the things that control the land he lives in. Similar to leaving loads of food near a tree in the woods so the predators don't break in and eat you.

Yeah, he seemed to frame it as sacrificing to his "gods", like a ritual rather than a traditional bargain or negotiation.

Grinchy

Banned
So it's obviously hard to tell what all the timelines are, but did Jon and crew take any dragonglass weapons with them to the north?

They were mining the caves, right? Did they even make one weapon before heading out?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Ya'll remember when people thought Stannis didn't die? Even after the director, D&D and the actor confirmed it?

I never considered it until now, but Stephen Dillane didn't like Game of Thrones and didn't watch it because it was too dark.

I was pissed that they killed him off screen but maybe it was per his request, not wanting to be involved in the bloody mess of it all, or didn't want to have a video of his head being chopped off or some shit. I'm probably reaching here, but I'm still kinda bitter over it.

FiggyCal

Banned
I much this actor for the mountain. Mountain is supposed to be older than the hound, but the new actor makes him look younger.

I agree. But at least now his face is obscured and he won't be talking.

tenor.gif

The whitewalkers are fireproof though.

Top Bottom