• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Yeah, zombies don't really gloat.

giphy.gif

They also have some sort of outpost for themselves and a bunch of council of sort what we've seen when they turned that baby.
And still they're managing to spend more than a year to just travel from Hardhome to Eastwatch

3G6FzvN.png

I feel the COTF and White Walkers have already been explained sufficiently for the TV show. Obviously there's still more that needs to be said about the Three-eyed Raven.

Agreed 100%.

The CoTF created the Night King to combat humans, and they lost control of him. That's a simple, clean explanation.

And still they're managing to spend more than a year to just travel from Hardhome to Eastwatch

3G6FzvN.png

They were building their forces up until Winter came, which only arrived at the end of last season.

For the shit show that was season 5.

HARDHOME GOD DAMN. NIGHT KING GOD DAMN.

The ending scene will be an iconic TV moment years from now, GOD DAMN.

Why did they recast the night king? :(

The old actor had a more menacing face.

Taker666

Thoros and Beric are unimportant and are there just to drag the hound to the wall.

Beric and Thoros are going to die.

I'm not so sure..

..I think Beric might be toast (either ripped apart completely or he simply won't come back from the dead this time)....but Thoros will be important..as I think The Hound will be killed and resurrected instead of Beric.

I've thought for a couple years that The Hound might be The Prince That Was Promised...and the first episode this season only solidified that thought.

Nameless

3G6FzvN.png

The army we saw last night was FAR, far larger than the one at Hardhome, even after the new additions at the end. We also saw the Night King take a smaller force to attack the 3ER's hideout last season. They haven't been marching from Hardhome to The Wall all this time.

I get really bummed when I remember the awesome white walker attack north of the wall, and that we haven't seen any more of that awesomeness since.

Also, for crossing water, remember that Jon and wildlings escape from white walkers in boats. They don't seem to like water.

kukubrew

Predictions for Sunday:

I think Dany will be the hero and fly in with her dragons to save them when they inevitably get overwhelmed and surrounded by the army of the dead.

I think they'll get their wight, but the Night King will take down one of Dany's dragons.

As for who lives/dies, no idea, but I think Jorah will give his life to save someone. Possibly Dany if she does fly over there. That look back to her when they were leaving on the boat was too foreboding....

In that case Night King could get himself an undead dragon. Game changer.

Did anyone here notice Robett Glover's behaviour? Bitch has always something to complain about. He really does not seem loyal at all. He is always bitching around. Can't be the only one noticing that?

Hyun Sai

How can there still be a nights watch after all this?

Well, nobody believed in White Walkers and wights at the beginning of the serie, and they still kept people at the wall.

It might be just to keep the wild beasts at bay and a place of exile. And who knows if they may return one day ^^.

Thats a hell of a Vindicators team crossing over at Eastwatch.

Almost video game worthy.

Someone should make this video game.

Thats like an all-star team of seal team warriors.

Someone make this fucking videogame.

Yeah I don't think the White Walkers have necessarily taken so long to get to Eastwatch, I think they're waiting

They were waiting for Bran to go across the wall and put down the magic barrier?

Is this something i'm grasping at?

When Bran got grabbed in his vision under the tree, the three-eyed raven said it nullified the magic protecting them at the tree. Supposedly the Wall is also covered with this magic and now that Bran is across the wall it made it easier for them? lol

edit: oh lol this was covered in the last couple pages

No Rogue or Thief?

The fookin legend of Gin Alley would be a good fit (if he was still alive)
5937217-0135397911-giphy.gif

The thing is, when I saw him boast, I thought he was all talk. But he beat the crap out of Jon Snow, who's no slouch.

Obviously, he would get obliterated by Season 7 Jon Snow, but impressive nonetheless.

I would love to see him turned into a wight and come after Jon Snow. lol

THE NIGHT IS DARK... AND FULL OF FOOKING LEGENDS!!!!!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Did anyone here notice Robett Glover's behaviour? Bitch has always something to complain about. He really does not seem loyal at all. He is always bitching around. Can't be the only one noticing that?

When he said maybe they should've chosen Sansa I was, like, what the fuck? Fuck that guy.

Surfinn

This has been the best and most consistently satisfying the show has been in years.

Incredible season so far

By the way, Jon and Danny are gold together on screen. They have a lot of chemistry. I kinda hope they get together.

Absolutely, the old actor had an asshole look to his face. He was far more menacing because he did a lot with his mannerisms without saying a word. The new guy looks bigger, but doesn't emote at all.

Einchy

This has been the best and most consistently satisfying the show has been in years. Incredible season so far

This episode was definitely the most "FUCK YEAH!" episode maybe...ever? Every scene in this episode is shit we've been waiting for fucking yeeeaaarrrsss to see.

I don't know, but the actor that got dragon glass in his heart is now the Night's King.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
When he said maybe they should've chosen Sansa I was, like, what the fuck? Fuck that guy.
When Arya said they should lose their heads, that also put a smile on my face. Oh and Lord Glover, Lord Vale Dude, Jon isn't a Stark but rather a Targaryen.

*Arya in the corner like...*

anigif_enhanced-11148-1402957060-1.gif

"Is that going to be a problem my lords?!"

Surfinn

Really is a great season. No wasted time on filler scenes. It's concise and the plot is barreling forward.

Yes. And.. hey look, it's the complete and utter opposite of TWD!

This episode was definitely the most "FUCK YEAH!" episode maybe...ever? Every scene in this episode is shit we've been waiting for fucking yeeeaaarrrsss to see.

They're really handling the story with care and achieving a pretty incredible level of quality. I hope it continues

I dare say.. I think this is my favorite season of all time

I agree. I don't know what people are complaining about.

- Gendry joining with Warhammer
- Dany being the madqueen
- Jon meeting Drogon
- Jon legitimized, ie not a bastard, bigger claim to throne than Dany
- Tyrion meeting Jamie
- Arya suspecting Littlefinger
- The magnificient Seven

valkyre

Holy shit the character traveling in this episode went bananas! What kind of an airline do they use lol?

Ps: i loved the episode :)

Surfinn

I agree. I don't know what people are complaining about.

I haven't read much of the thread yet but..

People are.. complaining?

Like if you don't enjoy this season literally nothing is going to please you

Not to say every episode has been FLAWLESS, but it's as close of a balance that you're ever going to get in entertainment.

pablito

Yeah fuck lord Glover and his wishy washy bullshit. He refused to fight with Jon, talks about regretting it til he dies, and is now questioning his king because....he left for a little while? Jon didn't leave the north. He's out working on a way to save everybody in Westeros. Why are we mad at this.

Holy shit the character traveling in this episode went bananas! What kind of an airline do they use lol?

Ps: i loved the episode :)

Same airline Cat used in season 1.

SummitAve

Banned
Yeah I don't think the White Walkers have necessarily taken so long to get to Eastwatch, I think they're waiting

They showed a bunch of mountains and stuff when the camera was panning through the landscape. I imagine a herd of zombies would take a significant amount of time tackling steep slopes. Like they would walk up, stumble down, and create a mass large enough for the walkers in back to start walking up smoothly. I don't really know how the Night King would manage that. It would harder and slower than herding cattle.

Surfinn

I can't be the only one who wants Jon/Danny to happen.

I know stuff like that can be perceived as fan fictiony but they just work incredibly well together. There's no shallow incentive here. Their scenes have been my favorite. I like how they've had a few hints here and there without it being thrown in the audience's face.

Feels natural

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

I know stuff like that can be perceived as fan fictiony but they just work incredibly well together. There's no shallow incentive here. Their scenes have been my favorite. I like how they've had a few hints here and there without it being thrown in the audience's face.
The line stretches for miles, and you aren't cutting to the front.

Einchy

Feels natural

This thread ships them. We ship 'em hard.

So whats the deal with Arya and Littlefinger?

On the inside episode thing, they said finger was intentionally
setting up Arya to find the note to split her and Sansa apart

What would be the point of this? lol motherfucker really does not give a shit about the army of dead about to knock on their door right now?

I haven't read much of the thread yet but..

People are.. complaining?

Like if you don't enjoy this season literally nothing is going to please you

Seasons 1 - 4 pleased me greatly.

Personally, the high point of the series was the tail end of season 4. From tyrion's trial to arya leaving for Braavos. Oberyn saying 'I will be your champion' my biggest 'fuck yeah' moment.

The story achieving a high level of quality and being handled with care is the last thing i'd say about thrones right now. It's been very messy at times.

But opinions and all!

I feel like im one of the few hating the jon dany romance. It feels so forced :-/ YGRITTE FO' LIFE. KISSED BY FIRE

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah fuck lord Glover and his wishy washy bullshit. He refused to fight with Jon, talks about regretting it til he dies, and is now questioning his king because....he left for a little while? Jon didn't leave the north. He's out working on a way to save everybody in Westeros. Why are we mad at this.

He hasn't seen the army of the dead. Keep in mind the Lords in the North are going along with Jon because he's the king, because he took back Winterfel from the Boltons.

So whats the deal with Arya and Littlefinger?

On the inside episode thing, they said finger was intentionally
setting up Arya to find the note to split her and Sansa apart

What would be the point of this? lol motherfucker really does not give a shit about the army of dead about to knock on their door right now?

He don't believe it because he's never seen it.

Jon needs to bring that wright to Winterfel to shore up support as much as he needs to bring it down to Kings Landing to get Dany and Cersei's armies on his side.

Surfinn

Seasons 1 - 4 pleased me greatly.

Personally, the high point of the series was the tail end of season 4. From tyrion's trial to arya leaving for Braavos. Oberyn saying 'I will be your champion' my biggest 'fuck yeah' moment.

The story achieving a high level of quality and being handled with care is the last thing i'd say about thrones right now. It's been very messy at times.

But opinions and all!

I feel like im one of the few hating the jon dany romance. It feels so forced :-/ YGRITTE FO' LIFE. KISSED BY FIRE

Damn, I dunno. I don't get how you can hate on the quality, especially considering the shape the show was in, not that long ago. They did what TWD will never be able to do.. turn the show around.

It feels.. forced? Man I must be watching the wrong show

Einchy

He hasn't seen the army of the dead. Keep in mind the Lords in the North are going along with Jon because he's the king, because he took back Winterfel from the Boltons.

I can't wait until normal people start realizing this is all real. The vindication of Jon and Sam will be so good.

zethren

Banned
they threw each other some mean looks this episode, I wouldn't be so sure.

I took Jorah, in that moment, as being somewhat wary of Jon because of his perceived father (Ned). Ned wanted to kill Jorah for breaking the laws of the north, and I imagine that brought those feelings back for him seeing Jon.

Top Bottom