• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Interesting stuff from the promo:
1sXLhR1.jpg
Unless the Mountain is being seen from the other side, they're not the same.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I can't wait until normal people start realizing this is all real. The vindication of Jon and Sam will be so good.

It's going to be a big moment in the series. The North is going to fall in line pretty fast once they see a wright, as will Dany. Cersei was going to go along with this either way because she wants to find a way to fuck Dany over though so she doesn't really care.

Damn, I dunno. I don't get how you can hate on the quality, especially considering the shape the show was in, not that long ago. They did what TWD will never be able to do.. turn the show around.

I agree it's been a MASSIVE step up from season 5. I do really enjoy the show still, believe it or not aha! I just don't feel it ever hit the heights of the first 4 seasons again.

TWD I dropped midway through the latest season. I enjoyed Neegan, everything else was BLEH. Couldn't take it anymore :(

I hear Fear the walking dead is fantastic now, may start with that soon.

Funny that we're in a Lord of the Rings situation here.

Ideally, Dany should just pick up a wight with a dragon. Instead, people are probably going to die in the next eps.

In an ideal world, Dany just needs to make a giant net and scoop up some wights and fucking air drop them on the red keep.

Surfinn

I agree it's been a MASSIVE step up from season 5. I do really enjoy the show still, believe it or not aha! I just don't feel it ever hit the heights of the first 4 seasons again.

TWD I dropped midway through the latest season. I enjoyed Neegan, everything else was BLEH. Couldn't take it anymore :(

I hear Fear the walking dead is fantastic now, may start with that soon.

Although I'll concede that the story isn't perfect and that there are obvious flaws if you look carefully enough, I think the show is currently the most enjoyable it's ever been. S1-4 had a lot of outstanding issues, like needlessly excessive sexuality and violence, to the point where I have to fucking fast forward. They cut all of that shit out now and are blazing forward.

Considering the final product, I'll take watching full episodes of this season over the others any day.

I'm curious about FTWD, if that's true!

Nameless

Did anyone here notice Robett Glover's behaviour? Bitch has always something to complain about. He really does not seem loyal at all. He is always bitching around. Can't be the only one noticing that?

Well remember he refused to join the Stark's cause against the Bolton's because he was still salty over Robb traveling South and taking up with a "foreign whore" before getting the men who followed him killed due to his stupidity.

From his perspective Jon just became King, scared everyone shitless about the Night King, and immediately abandoned his throne and his people to travel South and treat with the Mad King's(a supreme villain in the North) daughter. Meanwhile Sansa has been handling business, preparing them for the Great War and basically running the North.

Don't get me wrong, Sansa should've shut that shit down with force and made it known there was zero tolerance for even vague implications of treason, but it makes sense people are getting antsy. Jon has been gone quite awhile(long enough for Arya to make there and for the Northern Lords to gather again). Contrary to certain complaints, while plotlines are often out of sync, time usually does progress as it should when people "teleport".

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
They have a Priest, considering they're going up against undead enemies he'll be more effective than any Mage.

Probably no chance homeboy can turn undead yeah?

Although I'll concede that the story isn't perfect and that there are obvious flaws if you look carefully enough, I think the show is currently the most enjoyable it's ever been. S1-4 had a lot of outstanding issues, like needlessly excessive sexuality and violence, to the point where I have to fucking fast forward. They cut all of that shit out now and are blazing forward.

Considering the final product, I'll take watching full episodes of this season over the others any day.

I'm curious about FTWD, if that's true!

For me, a lot of character beats I have been waiting for for years have been totally blown past.

Funny that we're in a Lord of the Rings situation here.

Ideally, Dany should just pick up a wight with a dragon. Instead, people are probably going to die in the next eps.

In an ideal world, Dany just needs to make a giant net and scoop up some wights and fucking air drop them on the red keep.
Kind of seems dumb that as the plan stands, Jon and all of them are going from Dragonstone to Eastwatch, beyond the wall wherever the Night King is, then back down to King's Landing, all while the Night King still marches on the wall. Bran had that note sent with a sense of urgency.

Like, "hey, the wall's coming down soon, you guys need to do something asap!"

And Jon's response is to travel there and back to convince Cersei to travel there, even though proving necromancy is a lost cause to a woman who already has an undead dude on her side.

Sony

Nintendo
Fuuuuuuck this ep was amazing I squeeled like a fanbitch at almost every scene fuck GoT is awesome shhhhhhhiiiiiiiii---

Ferrio

Banned
And Jon's response is to travel there and back to convince Cersei to travel there, even though proving necromancy is a lost cause to a woman who already has an undead dude on her side.

The mountain isn't undead though, he never really died. It's like he's on some fucked up medieval life support.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
In that case Night King could get himself an undead dragon. Game changer.

The prevailing theory is the wall "comes down" or collapses. Maybe it does, but maybe he just flies over it with a dragon... if that's even possible.

Plus, they've started to do more fanfare-y things, and I think an ice dragon vs regular dragon battle is something everyone wants. They must give it to us!

Sony

Nintendo
Btw, who else thinks it's stupid to bring an undead to KL? If something goes wrong they'll infest the world of the loving from the inside...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Cersei isn't going to travel to the wall, they'll try to send the Wight back to King's Landing like they once did.

Also, a Wight and what happened to The Mountain aren't the same thing, The Mountain never fully died and he definitely isn't a bag of bones with shining blue eyes. It's a completely different thing.
GoT is probably the closest of seeing the Scourge in live action we will ever get ;_;

Lets just hope we don't see Sindragosa...
Btw, who else thinks it's stupid to bring an undead to KL? If something goes wrong they'll infest the world of the loving from the inside...

They're not zombies, they don't infect people.

Cersei isn't going to travel to the wall, they'll try to send the Wight back to King's Landing like they once did.
Travel there and back again, as in Jon and the crew are going beyond the wall, back to King's Landing, to convince Cersei to go to the wall to help defend the seven kingdoms.

Surfinn

Also, a Wight and what happened to The Mountain aren't the same thing, The Mountain never fully died and he definitely isn't a bag of bones with shining blue eyes. It's a completely different thing.

Lets just hope we don't see Sindragosa...

I can see Cersei not giving a shit, honestly. Why would she? All she wants is power, which I think often blinds her from wisdom. Wouldn't be surprised if she believed it but made up an excuse and laughed in their faces for coming all the way down there for nothing

I don't think it works like a zombie bite where it's contagious. I think only a WW could turn someone, dead or alive into a wight.

I can see Cersei not giving a shit, honestly. Why would she? All she wants is power, which I think often blinds her from wisdom. Wouldn't be surprised if she believed it but made up an excuse and laughed in their faces for coming all the way down there for nothing
It honestly sounded that way when she was talking to Jaime this episode. When she talked, she mentioned the undead and dragons in the same sentence, as if they're both real, but it doesn't matter, because she's going to win regardless.

I don't think she doubts their existence.

Draper

Right. Cersei is just looking for time and an opportune moment to backstab.

Heshinsi

It's going to be a big moment in the series. The North is going to fall in line pretty fast once they see a wright, as will Dany. Cersei was going to go along with this either way because she wants to find a way to fuck Dany over though so she doesn't really care.
Dany is pretty much convinced. She just can't move her armies north without some sort of cease fire with Cersie. Which is way this whole thing is to convince Cersei not Dany. That whole bit was brought up during the meeting. They're bringing the zombie to KL so that Cersei could believe what's going on and send her troops north to join the fight.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Not that difficult to see where Arya was coming from. Sansa is still a Stark of Winterfell and should behave on some level like people would expect from a Stark. She got too used to playing politics she picked up in King Landing and from Littlefinger.

Ned wouldnt have had to sweet talk every decision with his Lords and this isnt the time to question all decisions made by Jon or Sansa..they better get with the program...or....well.

Surfinn

It honestly sounded that way when she was talking to Jaime this episode. When she talked, she mentioned the undead and dragons in the same sentence, as if they're both real, but it doesn't matter, because she's going to win regardless.

I don't think she doubts their existence.

Right. Cersei is just looking for time and an opportune moment to backstab.

I know it's not the same thing, but remember when she ripped up the King's order when Ned brought it to her (about him filling in as king temporarily)? I thought about this moment when I heard about this plan.

Truth doesn't matter to her. She'll win at all costs and an undead corpse isn't going to change that one bit.

Seems like a big mistake to me.

Majmun

Fast travel doesn't work past the wall. The undead have been marching forever it seems, while Westerosi and Dany travel >2000miles in an episode.

And I can't believe Arya fell for Littlefinger's sheme.

A girl has been played

RDreamer

And still they're managing to spend more than a year to just travel from Hardhome to Eastwatch

3G6FzvN.png

My headcanon says they're zigzagging across just resurrecting and doing as much magical buffing as possible.

You can kinda forgive them not getting to the wall because they're weird magical creatures that we don't understand. Compared to humans it's a bit different.

Heshinsi

They really should have done the surgical strike on Cersei like it was suggested in the second episode.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Maybe there's a chance they'll come around again?
Naw. Arya and Sansa, Jaimie and Tyrion, Tyrion and Bronn... you don't get two tries.

I'm sure this is the point in which people will accuse me of wanting a corny music swell and a Hallmark style scene, but I really just wanna hear the characters fucking talk like people. What we have gotten is the best minimum and then boom they are back to their old dynamics.

We're watching an entirely plot-driven show now. It's fun but a bummer. In a weird way, the blame probably falls on Martin for not making the road map more clear.

I'm having a blast with this season, but they aren't paying me back for my time with interest. Not the way other shows have.

Surfinn

I think I'm being really dumb but can someone explain the significance of Arya being set up by Littlefinger? I didn't quite get it

I need a gif of Thoros lighting up his sword in the preview. That scene looks crazy.

I think I'm being really dumb but can someone explain the significance of Arya being set up by Littlefinger? I didn't quite get it

Littlefinger wants to make her think that Sansa betrayed her father and wanted to betray her brother. She doesn't know that Sansa was forced to write this letter.
He knows that Arya doesn't trust him and he wants to put a block between the sisters.

Surfinn

Naw. Arya and Sansa, Jaimie and Tyrion, Tyrion and Bronn... you don't get two tries.

I'm sure this is the point in which people will accuse me of wanting a corny music swell and a Hallmark style scene, but I really just wanna hear the characters fucking talk like people. What we have gotten is the best minimum and then boom they are back to their old dynamics.

We're watching an entirely plot-driven show now. It's fun but a bummer. In a weird way, the blame probably falls on Martin for not making the road map more clear.

I'm having a blast with this season, but they aren't paying me back for my time with interest. Not the way other shows have.
I get what you mean about some of the reunions. I thought Jon and Sansa was thoroughly fucking satisfying though. They really felt like they were reunited. Arya/Sansa's was kinda weird and underwhelming, but not entirely unrealistic, considering their rocky (putting it lightly) relationship.

He is seemingly trying to pit her against Sansa and make her think it was her own idea.

Littlefinger wants to make her think that Sansa betrayed her father and wanted to betray her brother. She doesn't know that Sansa was forced to write this letter.
He knows that Arya doesn't trust him and he wants to put a block between the sisters.

Thank you. Seems like kind of a shoddy plan, considering Sansa could just tell her she was forced. I don't think Arya would make the jump to believing she would betray her family in such a way? Hmm

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I get what you mean about some of the reunions. I thought Jon and Sansa was thoroughly fucking satisfying though. They really felt like they were reunited. Arya/Sansa's was kinda weird and underwhelming, but not entirely unrealistic, considering their rocky (putting it lightly) relationship.
John and Sansa is certainly an exception. I loved their new dynamic and it feels wholly earned IMO.

Thank you. Seems like kind of a shoddy plan, considering Sansa could just tell her she was forced. I don't think Arya would make the jump to believing she would betray her family in such a way? Hmm

It is but you know a lot of shows have characters overreact and do things before they actually think shit out. I feel like it's just LF swinging for the fences.

Top Bottom