• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

She wasn't exactly a Sansa fan before all of this; I do hope it's a ruse to entrap Little Finger though.

If this isn't a trap to catch LF I would be so disappointed because the plot is so stupid as fuck.

Sansa's reaction after Brienne left is weird. She and Anya are definitely up to something.

KarmaCow

Shame about Sansa and Arya's misunderstanding. If only there was someone in the same area who knows all of the events of GoT, even the stuff he wasn't there for, who could set the record straight.

If only...

To be fair, they've hammered home that Bran barely gives a fuck. One of the first things he says to Sansa was recounting the night she was raped and he couldn't even muster up a half hearted goodbye to the person who literally dragged him all around up North.

The drama between Sansa and Arya is dumb but it's not because Bran isn't jumping in to set the record straight.

Kyoufu

I've been seeing this Bran = Night King theories a lot lately.

I dont even get how that would work? We've already seen the original dude who is the Night King get turned by the Children and it wasn't Bran

Maybe he can time travel and then become the Night King.

To be fair the beginning of it was very him when he didn't grab her hand and decided to try to buy time for the rest to get on the dragon first. Him wandering too far away to get back after the Night King made his throw though, maybe due to anger(?), was a bit uncharacteristic.

That's really my real gripe. I can see him fighting the wrights around the dragon but when he starts walking off unto the ice, I felt like Jackie Chan with my hands above my head.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
That Tomound fakeout was genuinely WAY too stressful. Tears right before the Hound saved him. He was terrified.

About the zombie dragon thing. I wasn't spoiled on it but it was something I'd always figured would happen.

Not to say it was predictable but it would have been a missed opportunity to not do it. Once the dragons were beyond the wall I knew one of them was toast especially with how effective and triumphant the scene was prior to the gold medal WR javelin toss.

Yup.

PixelatedBookake

Sansa seems to be the only one of the two actively working against Littlefinger at this point. He wants to set up a conflict between Brienne and Arya by using Sansa's letter, so she sends Brienne away to stop him. Meanwhile Arya gets drawn deeper and deeper into his plot.

Arya has no experience with this shit, with the plotting and counter-plotting that Littlefinger loves so much. It shouldn't be shocking to anyone that he's able to play her, he's played dozens of people far smarter than her for far longer.

You think Littlefinger isn't lowkey manipulating Sansa too? Brienne doesn't trust Littlefinger more than Arya and he's trying to send her away? That's kinda shady.

Arya got a little creepy. But I fundamentally think she's right about Sansa and we saw it for a brief moment when she was talking shit about Jon and the Battle of the Bastards.

#TeamArya
Arya's always been a bit creepy...she's more of a person than Bran currently, but one doesn't cruise around with Sandor Clegane, converse with Tywin, be trained by the Faceless Men and come out of that normal. Sansa's life was never going to be hers and Brienne's was probably never in the cards for her either. Shit for all we know Arya doesn't even consider herself Arya anymore.

sjboi

Yo fuck the people/culture that spoiled that for me. It was impossible to not get spoiled, all I did was open my Facebook app and then BAM, white walkers have a dragon.

Speevy

Banned
The Night King fears Bran for some reason that no one can really predict.

It can't be just that he sees the future. Bran is a threat.

Yo fuck the people/culture that spoiled that for me. It was impossible to not get spoiled, all I did was open my Facebook app and then BAM, white walkers have a dragon.

you need better friends man. Everyone on my social media knows better to drop spoilers cause they hate that shit too.

FiggyCal

Banned
Worse than Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken?

I think the episode when they burned Shireen was probably the worst one.

Well season 5 and all of the Sand Snake episodes were rough, to say the least. I'd have to go back to the episode you mentioned specifically, but I really did not care much for last week's episode.

Man, I thought that we were going to lose more than we saw.
I guess a dragon trumps it all though, so it evens out.

Btw, did Jorah and the Hound have Dragonglass daggers? Who gave 'em that?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
A white walker on the way back falls down an ice hole and drowns.

*Cuts to King's Landing*

Dany and her crew arrive at king's landing and their captured wight breaks apart and turns into a pile of bones and dust.

"Nooooooooooooooo"

The writing is getting sloppy - the fact that they have less episodes and one season left to wrap things up is causing things to be cut and deus ex machinas to pop up left and right (Benjen anyone?). But, still a fun episode and still a fun show; not gonna complain.

Steejee

Arya got a little creepy. But I fundamentally think she's right about Sansa and we saw it for a brief moment when she was talking shit about Jon and the Battle of the Bastards.

#TeamArya

Giving Sansa the Valaryian steel dagger had some significance in my mind, as well as letting her see the faces. Arya let Sansa she what she was capable of, talked about the importance of doing everything for family, then gave her the best weapon in her arsenal. Yeah she was creepy about it, saying how it could be fun to be her, but in that scene it was very clear she *could* have killed Sansa and taken her face, but didn't. It was basically Arya telling Sansa that even for as pissed as she was, she put Sansa first and would protect the family.

The writing is getting sloppy - the fact that they have less episodes and one season left to wrap things up is causing things to be cut and deus ex machinas to pop up left and right (Benjen anyone?). But, still a fun episode and still a fun show; not gonna complain.

Benjen is like a built in deus ex machina, but I can live with it - not like he has much else to do besides tracking anyone who comes north of the wall. Plus he at least go established in S1 and S5 with Bran, so he's not a total out of the blue thing.

sam12

I still don't know why Jon Snow needs to continue fighting when everyone is ready to get out. Maybe the dragon might have been saved if it weren't for his moronic nature

CLEEK

So if we take the size of Westeros to be roughly the size of Britain, we can estimate the distance from Dragonstone to Beyond the Wall to be around something like 500 miles. A really fast raven might have an average flight speed of around 30 mph, meaning it could make such a journey in 16-17 hours.

Westeros is meant to be the size of Europe though.

Someone on Reddit did the sums earlier in the week after E07 was leaked. Based on the speed that ravens fly and assuming that dragons fly at similar speeds, the gang would have been sat on their island for 4 days. Which was also the time it would take for the ice to thicken enough to support the weight of the army of dead.

Sansa seems to be the only one of the two actively working against Littlefinger at this point. He wants to set up a conflict between Brienne and Arya by using Sansa's letter, so she sends Brienne away to stop him. Meanwhile Arya gets drawn deeper and deeper into his plot.

Arya has no experience with this shit, with the plotting and counter-plotting that Littlefinger loves so much. It shouldn't be shocking to anyone that he's able to play her, he's played dozens of people far smarter than her for far longer.

Actually considering this, Sansa sending Brienne away does make sense. Hopefully this is the case and Arya magically stops being dumb as a bag of rocks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You think Littlefinger isn't lowkey manipulating Sansa too? Brienne doesn't trust Littlefinger more than Arya and he's trying to send her away? That's kinda shady.

He might be, but we don't know yet. Right now it looks like he wanted to use Sansa to get rid of both Arya and Brienne. So she sends Brienne away to avoid that. Of course that then opens her up to a direct attack. Littlefinger plays games inside of other games, so who knows what his final plan will look like.

riotous

Banned

I get that Arya hasn't shown that kind of prowess; but she's also capable of wearing faces. She could have killed one of LF's pawns at some point to spy on him. LF would have no clue she's capable of that.

I... don't agree that Sansa sent Brenne away to work against LF though. Where did you get that idea?

Speevy

Banned
The writing has been terrible for a while.

My favorite visual for this episode was the wights falling into the water after Dany arrived.

you realize they reached the rock in early day, and the dragons swooped in late next day?

to me it was about 36 hours between gendry running and dragons swooping in
Stranded on rock- send gendry away- gets rescued- raven is sent- dany gets raven- flies beyond the wall- searches all over and finds them- in 36 hours? Come on now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I get that Arya hasn't shown that kind of prowess; but she's also capable of wearing faces. She could have killed one of LF's pawns at some point to spy on him. LF would have no clue she's capable of that.

That doesn't change his plan though. So long as she doesn't catch onto him and keeps on the trajectory she's on it doesn't matter if she wears someone's face while tailing him or not.

I... don't agree that Sansa sent Brenne away to work against LF though. Where did you get that idea?

Littlefinger's conversation with Sansa had a line to the effect of "If Arya tries to kill you then Brienne would need to intercede to save you due to her vow." Sending Brienne away makes that whole mess avoidable.

Ramirez

I still don't know why Jon Snow needs to continue fighting when everyone is ready to get out. Maybe the dragon might have been saved if it weren't for his moronic nature

Like I said a few pages back, I think Jon was heading to the NK, to end it. He and Baeric had a conversation about just fighting him and getting it over with.

FiggyCal

Banned
Man, I thought that we were going to lose more than we saw.
I guess a dragon trumps it all though, so it evens out.

Btw, did Jorah and the Hound have Dragonglass daggers? Who gave 'em that?

Someone pointed out to me, in this thread (maybe a few days ago?), that they were loading up boxes of dragonglass on the boat before they left. I missed it, but apparently they had dragonglass with them.

Top Bottom