• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
While The Reach is the best one possible, and that's the other one that they have, which you conveniently omitted.

I'm not really convinced they actually get The Reach. That whole situation is going to be a hot mess with the state of the Tyrell family's ongoing decimation; if they were doing this up properly, I would actually expect a Lannister invasion of The Reach prior to Daenerys's arrival (and the ensuing battle over it when she does arrive) to be the crux of the entire war.

The prince that was promised is a prophesied leader or saviour. The prince may be part of an ancient prophecy, a prophecy that foretells the coming of a hero to deliver the world from darkness. A "bleeding star" is supposed to herald the coming of the prince. The prince is said to have "a song" - the song of ice and fire.

Dawn was forged from the metal of a "fallen star". Its blade is as pale as milkglass and is said to be just as sharp as Valyrian steel.

Ned carries the sword up the tower of joy. It not only has blood on it from the earlier fight but he rest it at the foot of the bed.

hqdefault.jpg

Palpable

Is it weird?

Leaving the world of Westeros in the hands of Danerys and Jon Snow in charge seems like the best possible ending you can get for this universe.

Sure, but that doesn't mean they have to hook up.

Besides, this is Game of Thrones. If you think this story will have a happy ending, you haven't been paying much attention.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wait, with Walder Frey and all his sons dead, what does it mean for Edmure? Can't imagine his daughters will want to keep him locked up, if they're the ones that take over.

Neospartan

Neo Member
So I'm reading the wiki, and it says that in Westeros marriages between cousins are not considered incest and are perfectly legal and even somewhat common.

So... if Jon found out he isn't Ned's son but rather Lyanna's and another person's son... he could technically marry Sansa or Arya and everyone would have to swallow their disgust because, technically, it isn't disgusting.

AND if he also finds out he's Rhaegar's son, and if he legitimized him... he could go all "fuck it, I'm a Targaryen after all" and marry BOTH Sansa and Arya.

So... yeah.

Cersei keeps getting away with shit cause people keep trying to take her on the honorable way, going through processes and trials and giving her time to prepare.

Apathy

The episode was a fitting end to this season. It's up there with some of the best seasons the show has ever given us, and more specifically it had several episodes that were among the best the show has ever given us.

Lady Mormont again was amazing, and I want to see more of her. Holy shit she dressed down those old lords and verbally bitch slapped them. House Mormont is a lifetime ally to the Starks.

Can't believe Arya is in Westeros and has the ability to change faces, and is starting her killing march on her list. YES!

Finally the giant Jon Snow secret fans have been guessing for years is true. Also weird that hes the king of the north when I really think Sansa should be Queen.

Bran going south of the wall is going to allow the white walkers passage, you were told that's why they got in to kill the three eyed raven, and you just got told there are magic runes that block the dead from passing, why can't you put two and two together.

The shit int he south was killer, and Olenna Tyrell was just a bad ass, man in her youth she must have been quite the player of the game.

Also how did Varys get back so fast to Easteros?

I just want to watch a dragon eat Cercie and the mountain.

But so many lose ends, where the fuck is Brienne, where is the Hound. Come on.

]blacky[;208606959 said:
What does GAF think will happen, when Daenerys meets Joh Snow?

Well, seeing as how Dany mentioned in the finale that she'll be looking for an alliance through marriage once she takes over Westeros and Jon just became the King in the North (aka probably the smartest new ally she can make once she gets there) and was promoted to the spot of Hottest New Bachelor in the Seven Kingdoms, I'm thinking it's pretty likely that they're gonna do the do.

Plus, they're kinda going to have to team up to take on the White Walkers in the final season.

It's going to be so fun going back through the series with the new revelations and lore knowledge in mind. That Arya foreshadowing posted above is a great example.

Brashnir

Aren't the others bastards? I might be remembering wrong, though.

While I can't confirm how much of this applies to the show, I just looked up a family tree (presumably from the books) and there are
71 direct descendents of Walder Frey on it, not counting bastards. Kids, grandkids, great-grandkids... I know the show tends to omit people, but I imagine there are still some Freys out there, unless Arya went on one hell of a killing spree.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Besides, this is Game of Thrones. If you think this story will have a happy ending, you haven't been paying much attention.

I don't get this "no happy ending because it's GoT" idea. It only works if you choose to ignore everything that's happened in the past. Aegon Targaryen gazed upon Westeros and said to himself "yep, I'd like that," and he got it. Robert the Usurper fought a rebellion to overthrow the KL, and he achieved that. The idea that any half decent person can never have an ending that's satisfying for them, doesn't make sense to me on a grand scale. It's been happening for eons in this universe, why suddenly no more?

I'm not really convinced they actually get The Reach. That whole situation is going to be a hot mess with the state of the Tyrell family's ongoing decimation; if they were doing this up properly, I would actually expect a Lannister invasion of The Reach prior to Daenerys's arrival (and the ensuing battle over it when she does arrive) to be the crux of the entire war.
The Tyrell army wasn't at all decimated, and they are perhaps the wealthiest region in Westeros now that the Lannister's are bankrupt. With Lady Olenna in charge, how exactly do the Lannisters invade a region as powerful as they are, while keeping KL, the Riverlands, the Stormlands, and their own home turf defended? Each of these regions were areas that had their own standing armies to maintain, and now need to rely on the Lannisters to do so.

Watch the show wave it away by suddenly having the Lannisters field a force of 100,000 troops. "We've never shown you Casterly Rock, the bulk of our forces were just chilling there."

So I'm reading the wiki, and it says that in Westeros marriages between cousins are not considered incest and are perfectly legal and even somewhat common.

So... if Jon found out he isn't Ned's son but rather Lyanna's and another person's son... he could technically marry Sansa or Arya and everyone would have to swallow their disgust because, technically, it isn't disgusting.

AND if he also finds out he's Rhaegar's son, and if he legitimized him... he could go all "fuck it, I'm a Targaryen after all" and marry BOTH Sansa and Arya.

So... yeah.

Jon is going to marry Dany and you will like it. FIRE AND ICE

Jon is going to marry Dany and you will like it. FIRE AND ICE
I don't care if it's predictable or whatever, but a Jon/Dany wedding would be amazing.

These guys get it.

ee-got-bleeding-star.gif

Gif of Arthur Dayne's sword. There is a reason they lingered on that.

440.gif

Though, I have to say that this makes me wonder what might happen with Longclaw? Assuming that Jon does get ahold of Dawn and becomes the next person to wield it in combat, is Jon just gonna trade up or will he dual wield or hand down Longclaw to someone else?

Aters

So... yeah.

He's a Targaryen, he will marry a Targaryen (his aunt). That's the rule.

Assuming Jon is destined to wield Dawn, I wonder exactly how he gets it. According to the Wiki, Ned
gave it back to the Dayne family and it's still in Dorne with no worthy owner.

What would Jon have to do to
prove worthy
?

The Tyrell army wasn't at all decimated, and they are perhaps the wealthiest region in Westeros now that the Lannister's are bankrupt. With Lady Olenna in charge, how exactly do the Lannisters invade a region as powerful as they are, while keeping KL, the Riverlands, the Stormlands, and their own home turf defended? Each of these regions were areas that had their own standing armies to maintain, and now need to rely on the Lannisters to do so.

Watch the show wave it away by suddenly having the Lannisters field a force of 100,000 troops. "We've never shown you Casterly Rock, the bulk of our forces were just chilling there."

I get the feeling the way they try to spin it is that Olenna isn't actually able to exercise proper command over the Tyrell forces and bannermen because she's always relied on puppet leaders and isn't respected in her claims as an individual. Her son and grandson might have been fops, but they were fops she propped up to be recognized as the Tyrell leaders.

I mean, I do like the idea that this becomes The War of Seven Queens by the time everything's said and done, but it seems that they've gone to a lot of trouble to establish that Olenna is a puppetmaster specifically because she can't lead directly, including multiple direct statements from her about How to Manage Your Man.

What if the white walkers win and a hollow needs to link the first flame... is it Jon or Benjen or the Hound or the eye patch guy???

Praise the sun!

should be HBO's new series...

Assuming Jon is destined to wield Dawn, I wonder exactly how he gets it. According to the Wiki, Ned

prove worthy
?
Touch it,
which might light it up with fire
as the legend says. How badass that would be.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
These guys get it.

http://replygif.net/i/440.gif[IMG]

Though, I have to say that this makes me wonder what might happen with Longclaw? Assuming that Jon [I]does[/I] get ahold of Dawn and becomes the next person to wield it in combat, is Jon just gonna trade up or will he dual wield or hand down Longclaw to someone else?[/QUOTE]

Maybe Jon will return Longclaw back to the Mormonts? How else is Lyanna going to take out White Walkers?

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Q9gZEDU.jpg

Maybe Jon will return Longclaw back to the Mormonts? How else is Lyanna going to take out White Walkers?

Q9gZEDU.jpg

I just assumed Lyanna would continue doing what she does best; roll a Natural 20 on Charisma to win every battle of hers.

But yeah, that could actually work really well if that turns out to be the road the show goes in!

Yeah, I'm gonna hold you to that, look forward to eating crow.... in two years ;)

There's no possible way this story ends on a sour note, you think the show is going to end with the White Walkers conquering westeros? Please, there may be some unexpected losses but the show is undoubtedly going to end with a new "good" status quo installed for this universe.

Yeah, I'm gonna hold you to that, look forward to eating crow.... in two years ;)

There's no possible way this story ends on a sour note, you think the show is going to end with the White Walkers conquering westeros? Please, there may be some unexpected losses but the show is undoubtedly going to end with a new "good" status quo installed for this universe.
Eating crow huh?

Nameless

prove worthy
?

Jon has the blood of Old Valyria and is already wielding a Valyrian Sword with deep roots in the North. Longclaw is perfect for him on so many levels, even more so now that he's the "White Wolf". I'd much rather see it double as Lightbringer.

did we see dany's new priestess from the lord of light on the ship? i cant remember

which one is more powerful, btw, you all think?

• melisandre
  • thoros
  • dany's new priestess

Touch it,
which might light it up with fire
as the legend says. How badass that would be.

This would be nice. I can see Jon being given the sword just to look at and as soon he unsheaths it,
it bursts into flames

Jon has the blood of Old Valyria and is already wielding a Valyrian Sword with deep roots in the North. Longclaw is perfect for him on so many levels, even more so now that he's the "White Wolf". I'd much rather see it double as Lightbringer.

I can see this happening, but I feel like Jon is going to give it back to the Mormonts. They were the only House that stayed loyal, giving back their ancestral blade is something I can see Jon doing to repay his debt.

televator

That's what's been my line of thinking. Maybe that Samwell finds out the secrets of Valyrian steel. Maybe the blades have latent powers that can be woken by people with the right lineage.

This is utterly amazing haha

it really is lol

i cant imagine how it feels for jaime, returning after winning a siege without losing a single soldier.... first to see the city was burning and then... seeing his sister crowned.... which surely indicate to him the tommen, his son, has died

all of that just got dropped on him on his return

THAT EXPRESSION

.... that gif really captured it all lol

Kinvara probably been dropped. She had one scene and the show is largely leaving Mireen behind.

I dunno... She had one scene, yeah, but it seemed like a really important scene to me. The show decides to introduce a new character that's someone that's able to scare Varys in one scene and never comes back?

But yeah, I don't think we're going back to Mireen in the future. So we'll see, I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom