• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
One question for all the GoT fans here, how many years have passed from GoT season 1 episode 1 up until the last episode? I suppose that this is pretty obvious for all book readers, but it's kinda difficult for me to tell because all the children grow so quickly from season to season. Especially when I look at Ricon, Bran and Arya from season 1 and now.

It look like it passed around 5 years, but somehow I have a hard time believing that. Maybe thats obvious, so sorry in advance for the stupid question.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Yeah, it's been five years.

Sometimes you want the good plan but you need the little finger.

Yeah, but a little finger goes a long way.

sLdOToW.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
People sometimes bitch about how fast characters trouble around but it actually is, like, months between scenes.

JDB

Banned
People sometimes bitch about how fast characters trouble around but it actually is, like, months between scenes.
I don't really get the 'teleport' complaints. We rarely get given information as to how much time is in between two events so why even bother?

HMD

I don't really get the 'teleport' complaints. We rarely get given information as to how much time is in between two events so why even bother?

I guess the main complaint would be consistency, the show has been very inconsistent with travel distances.

pringles

The guy who fancied himself a rival to Varys doesn't know that Ramsay Snow's a known sadist?
It's really no stretch of the imagination to think Ramsay wasn't a "known sadist" around Westeros. Unless Littlefinger literally had an informant very close to Ramsay (would have to be one of his closest soldiers or one of his mistresses) he would have very little information about things like the torture of Theon or the games he would play.

Corpekata

Banned
How would the torture of Theon not be known to him when fucking Euron managed to hear about it while being a pirate? Heck Tyrion knew what had happened to Theon even.

Beyond that Ramsay publicly did things like hunt peasants. He doesn't need a spy in the household, between that and his general behavior, guards, soldiers, peasants talk and it spreads. Not intentionally spied for, but the type of thing a powerful spymaster type would have heard eventually.

Matty77

Weird head canon thing but this is how I personally accept the idea the LF claims he didn't know about Ramsay.

In my head he knew what Ramsay was, or at least had an idea. I mean not only is he smart but he has had a hand in everything. Even more so at the end of the day, Petyr is, no joke at all a pimp. The man runs brothels, it's not only his claim to money and work but it's also his base of operation. Unless the bastard of the dread fort was really so off the radar to everyone,LF must have known.

However being a Pimp he also knows most people of means don't shit where they eat, especially the more depraved they are. His clientele is largely nobility who get their freaky shit on they wouldn't do at home.

So there is always the possibility he knew what Ramsay was but from experience didn't think he would do it to his legal wife who is also a Stark which helped in the Bolton claim to the north?

That's the only way I can reconcile him not lying to her while not throwing away that he is the most informed and knowledgable character other than Varys.

Didn't the Boltons keep their torture practices very close to their chest? Also didn't they publicly say they wouldn't flay people as well? So I imagine it's easy to believe Little finger didn't know. I don't think people thought it was worth spying on the Boltons.

duckroll

How would the torture of Theon not be known to him when fucking Euron managed to hear about it while being a pirate? Heck Tyrion knew what had happened to Theon even.

Beyond that Ramsay publicly did things like hunt peasants. He doesn't need a spy in the household, between that and his general behavior, guards, soldiers, peasants talk and it spreads. Not intentionally spied for, but the type of thing a powerful spymaster type would have heard eventually.

Tyrion doesn't know.

Corpekata

Banned
Didn't the Boltons keep their torture practices very close to their chest? Also didn't they publicly say they wouldn't flay people as well? So I imagine it's easy to believe Little finger didn't know. I don't think people thought it was worth spying on the Boltons.

They don't need to spy. They just need to gossip. There have been more than a few very publicly displayed flayed men throughout the series. So it at least should have been easily known they are doing that.

Jackpot

Banned
Sansa had the opportunity, straight out, when she asked Jon to wait and he said that they had no reason to as nobody else was coming.
Details didn't matter so much as waiting about 12 hours to coordinate the attacks.
You think she shut her mouth out of pettiness and shame of her relation with LF?
If that's true I chalk that under stupidity option.

http://www.vulture.com/2016

This article lists 5 options, none looking too good imo.

1 She thought Jon couldn't be trusted with the info. Basically she is calculating, withholding infos because she is either petty (getting back at Jon for not being involved in planning), or a pawn of LF in distrusting het brother. Thats a stupid option.
2 She used Jon and his men as unknowing bait, to get Ramsay out of Winterfell. Thay's one borderline evil option
3 Ashamed of her relation with LF and what happened. Why would that get in the way of telling Jon, I'm not sure. She could make up stories. That's the other stupid option.
4 She wanted any victory to be -her- victory, to solidify her claim. That's the other borderline evil option.
5 The writters wanted a Gandalf the White moment.

Option 5, sadly, is probably it, but we'll see what she has to tell to Jon.

Is there ANY evidence that she received a reply to her letter?

pringles

Tyrion didn't know (as mentioned) and I don't remember exactly what Euron knew but I imagine word would probably have gotten out on the Iron Islands that Theon's privates had been sent inside a box there and Euron would probably have connections there.

Littlefinger isn't really a powerful spymaster, he gets information sure, but his network of spies never seemed as vast as Varys'. Littlefinger is a master manipulator but to imagine he knows everything in this medieval world is far fetched. Varys already pushes the suspension of disbelief by basically having access to the internet.
Ramsay's soldiers would probably be extremely loyal or dead. Who would dare to be close to him and pass information on to others? Not to mention, why would Littlefinger bother planting an informant close to a bastard with no power, in a minor house of Westeros, in an unimportant castle somewhere in the north?

Atomic Odin

There was an exchange in season 2 between Robb & Roose arguing about whether to flay& torture the lannister soldiers or not.

Robb was obviously against it but there's the point, what makes you think that the Boltons who didn't mind wishing for that MO in front of someone as honorable as Robb would bother keeping it a secret and not do it when they basically have a free reign in the north after his death?

Little finger obviously knew everything about them & their ways. I have no reason to believe otherwise

pringles

There was an exchange in season 2 between Robb & Roose arguing about whether to flay& torture the lannister soldiers or not.

Robb was obviously against it but there's the point, what makes you think that the Boltons who didn't mind wishing for that MO in front of someone as honorable as Robb would bother keeping it a secret and not do it when they basically have a free reign in the north after his death?

Little finger obviously knew everything about them & their ways. I have no reason to believe otherwise
Flaying =! raping/torturing/feeding to dogs.

Nameless

So is Ramsay the worst person we've seen on the show? As much as he did I think you could also make a good case for Craster. Raping/molesting his daughters to get more daughters to rape/molest. Sacrificing his newborn sons to White Walkers. Pretty tough to top.

You know Roose wasn't exactly wrong in that exchange.

Pagusas

Elden Member
So is Ramsay the worst person we've seen on the show? As much as he did I think you could also make a good case for Craster. Raping/molesting his daughters to get more daughters to rape/molest. Sacrificing his newborn sons to White Walkers. Pretty tough to top.

I think at that level of evil it no longer matters whos "more evil" you've crossed that line where its just plain evil at the highest level.

Neospartan

Neo Member

The Boltons are all about flaying people. It's in their sigil and words. Expecting them to stop doing that is like expecting the Ironborn to get off their ships.

I love how before Ramsay Joffrey was the evil high bar.
The Boltons are all about flaying people. It's in their sigil and words. Expecting them to stop doing that is like expecting the Ironborn to get off their ships.
Stupid Robb. Why would you trust a man with THAT on his flag?

JDB

Banned
They must really love flaying people. Wonder how the meeting went where the decided to make that their banner.

They must really love flaying people. Wonder how the meeting went where the decided to make that their banner.
"Fuck putting fish, or wolves or fucking dragons on our banners. To strike fear into our enemies let's put a naked skinless man upside down chained to some wood."
"But boss they'll think we're freaks!"
"...Flay this man."

Which is partly what Dany demanded of Yara and her Ironborn last week haha. No more pillaging and pirating and raping. We'll have to see how well that works out for her.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

lol yeah, it's the only banner in the world that says "Yes we're fucking psychos!".

Elandyll

Banned
Is there ANY evidence that she received a reply to her letter?
Her meeting with LF to appear together at the top of that hill could possibly suggest that LF let her know when/ where he would arrive, but frankly even if not, and even if not coming at all in fact, telling Jon would have had a good chance of getting the result she was seeking in the first place during their chat at the beginning of the episode: asking him to wait.

It's Stannis.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Which is partly what Dany demanded of Yara and her Ironborn last week haha. No more pillaging and pirating and raping. We'll have to see how well that works out for her.

Well aye but they Greyjoys have a Kraken on their sigil not a gang of folks raping and pillaging.

Now if Daenarys had asked them to give up their collosal mythical sea creatures that's a different story.

Pagusas

Elden Member
It's Stannis.

Hmm.. Yeah honestly I would say Stannis is worse than Ramsey and frankly anyone else in the show. I cant think of much worse than burning your own daughter at the stake so you can up your odds of being king.

I mean whats the point of being king if all your loved ones are dead?

Hmm.. Yeah honestly I would say Stannis is worse than Ramsey and frankly anyone else in the show. I cant think of much worse than burning your own daughter at the stake so you can up your odds of being king.

I mean whats the point of being king if all your loved ones are dead?
Sadly Stannis never asked that question himself. "For the good of the realm shit must be done." After all that shit getting done his personal realm was dead.

Curufinwe

Karl was pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom