• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game-of-Thrones-game-of-thrones-37013281-245-320.gif

You know how much they pay me to kill a man in King's Landing?

this guy is the perfect cast for Sand dan Glokta if someone ever adapts The First Law series.

Neospartan

Neo Member
HBO is gonna be so sad once season 8 ends.

They could still keep making Ice and Fire stuff after the Game is Over.
I would be very down with a Robert's Rebellion mini-series, it's exciting, action-packed, and wouldn't require making many more assets.

They could also do a spin-off based on the Dunk and Egg series.

If they want to go for a high budget sub-series, they could go with a Targaryen-based one. Come on, who wouldn't want to watch Aegon's Conquest or the goddamn Dance with Dragons?

samn

Hmm... The Brexit Could Be Bad News for ‘Game of Thrones’
"Shows like Game of Thrones will also be harder — and costlier — to produce, meaning that the real world and the fantasy one will collide to the possible detriment of both."​
Let's hope UK GAF did the sensible thing.

So the EU takes our money and then spends a proportion of it on us and puts their logo on it and we're meant to be grateful.

Maybe an enormously profitable production like Game of Thrones doesn't need public subsidy?

notBald

So the EU takes our money and then spends a proportion of it on us and puts their logo on it and we're meant to be grateful.

Maybe an enormously profitable production like Game of Thrones doesn't need public subsidy?

Eh? We just want more money for Game of Thrones, who cares how it happens. You voted to stay, I hope.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They could still keep making Ice and Fire stuff after the Game is Over.
I would be very down with a Robert's Rebellion mini-series, it's exciting, action-packed, and wouldn't require making many more assets.

They could also do a spin-off based on the Dunk and Egg series.

If they want to go for a high budget sub-series, they could go with a Targaryen-based one. Come on, who wouldn't want to watch Aegon's Conquest or the goddamn Dance with Dragons?

Robert's Rebellion is what I wish they'd do but who knows if that will ever happen.

Maybe the books are different but I read a Dunk and Egg comic once and it seemed like that story would be more suited for a TV movie, not a lot of Game of Throne-ish stuff happens in it.

While I think the White Walkers will be involved in one way or another, I can easily imagine the finale ending with Dany sailing across the Narrow Sea. If nothing else, this show really likes closing episodes (and seasons) with her doing something really triumphant with lots of people around who are super stoked about said triumphant thing.
Those are my least favorite season finales. I really hope it ends with the White Walkers tearing through the wall, or Cersei obliterating Kings Landing and the consequences of that.

Something that leaves you wondering what's to come, like the finale of season 2 where the white walkers appear.

MikeyB

The writers just wanted a reason to have the Veil Knights ride in at the last moment to save the day.

Well, Littlefinger may have planned it that way. He needed Ramsay to take the field to take him out and he probably wants a weakened Jon. He wants to be able to rule all of it after all. This way Jon is reliant on the Vale, at least until he rallies the north.

Littlefinger is really the Big Bad. Turned on Ned, got him killed, got the previous Hamd killed too. Turned on Llysa, got her killed. Probably sold out whathisface for perversion to the High Sparrow. Vice did a great article on this.

I hope he ascends to the human big bad in season 8. Should be great.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
You're right. As if this wasn't already foreshadowed episodes earlier.

It was, but it's still a bit of a bad look because this show absolutely LOVES having characters be put into mortal danger and then be saved by someone out of nowhere (usually on horseback). It's not an uncommon thing to do in TV, but it happens a lot.

Like I said after the premiere. There weren't any surprises here, we got exactly what you would expect. But it was all very satisfying. Not everything has to be about a massive swerve of expectations, it was good for them to focus on the experience itself. I didn't even mind it at the time because of how intense the battle was, I had completely forgotten about that plot point.

Monocle

Nah, they should do the Silmarillion.
No way could they do this justice on a reasonable budget. Good luck to any show that tries to represent large scale events like the shaping of Arda and the battles where the Valar mold continents. Plus, you've got creatures that make Drogon look like a baby lizard and locations more majestic than anything in LOTR.

It can be done, but the amazing imagery would have to be so diminished that it wouldn't really capture the book.

Nameless

They need to go all-out for the inevitable battle against the white walkers. It needs to be the most epic shit ever put on cable television.

I think that's fair to assume. The Battle at the Blackwater was topped by The Battle for The Wall which was topped by The Hardhome Massacre which was topped by The Battle of Winterfell.

Matty77

Well, Littlefinger may have planned it that way. He needed Ramsay to take the field to take him out and he probably wants a weakened Jon. He wants to be able to rule all of it after all. This way Jon is reliant on the Vale, at least until he rallies the north.

Littlefinger is really the Big Bad. Turned on Ned, got him killed, got the previous Hamd killed too. Turned on Llysa, got her killed. Probably sold out whathisface for perversion to the High Sparrow. Vice did a great article on this.

I hope he ascends to the human big bad in season 8. Should be great.
Thats what I have been saying, funny enough my brother who only discusses the show with me, it's the only show he watched and usually hates fantasy said the same thing but threw out all kinds of details I forgot. A lot of times this thread reminds me of sports stuff, no long term memory with hot take after hot take.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I checked both trailers of this season again and there doesnt seem to be any unseen scenes in them. Nothing from Episode 10 is in them, unless it's like a split second, but I didn't noticed it.

Figured they wouldn't show White Walkers going beyond the wall, Dany going to Westeros or Cersei going mad on King Landing, would be waaay too spoilery. ;)

Do you have any idea what the NI economic situation is like?

I checked both trailers of this season again and there doesnt seem to be any unseen scenes in them. Nothing from Episode 10 is in them, unless it's like a split second, but I didn't noticed it.

Figured they wouldn't show White Walkers going beyond the wall, Dany going to Westeros or Cersei going mad on King Landing, would be waaay too spoilery. ;)

There is a scene with
children (most likely Varys'/Qyburn's little birds) stabbing someone.

Einchy

I forgot that Beric Dondarrion was the person who was sent to kill The Mountain by Ned in season 1. Since the first time he got killed was by The Mountain, does this mean that once he died for the first time, he formed/join The Brotherhood?

Einchy

Didn't mean it wasn't special or cool that he was going to your town, frankly I'm pretty jelly cus I would love to meet him, was just joking cus that dude is always traveling to places.

HvySky

Those are my least favorite season finales. I really hope it ends with the White Walkers tearing through the wall, or Cersei obliterating Kings Landing and the consequences of that.

Something that leaves you wondering what's to come, like the finale of season 2 where the white walkers appear.

Agreed. I don't mind Dany (she's certainly not my favorite part of the show) but she's made the same speech to cheering crowds of people at least five or six times at this point and it's getting pretty old. She spends more time listing her various titles than doing anything else, it seems.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's probably been answered a few times, but was the dude on Ramsay's side who orange-beard killed by biting the side of his neck was he supposed to be someone important? The camera focused on him a lot and it almost seemed like orange-beard knew him as if he was a rogue Wildling or something.

Dai101

Banned
It's probably been answered a few times, but was the dude on Ramsay's side who orange-beard killed by biting the side of his neck was he supposed to be someone important? The camera focused on him a lot and it almost seemed like orange-beard knew him as if he was a rogue Wildling or something.

He was Smalljon Umber, lord of Umber house and the one that gave Rickon and Osha to Ramsay.

They really need to step their game up.

Aside from GoT and Curb returning for another season they have nothing I enjoy.
I know you're just talking about your own personal preferences, but the following current HBO shows are all awesome:

Veep, Silicon Valley, The Leftovers, Last Week Tonight. They aren't GoT replacements obviously, but HBO isn't exactly empty-handed.

I very much doubt Jon would oppose Dany. He probably would be ecstatic to hear she is coming for King's Landing since that means wiping out the Lannisters. I'm sure she would be open to let the North stay independent since it really isn't all that valuable nor a climate she is used to. Plus Tyrion is pretty friendly with Jon so he likely advises her in that direction anyway.

I know you're just talking about your own personal preferences, but the following current HBO shows are all awesome:

Veep, Silicon Valley, The Leftovers, Last Week Tonight. They aren't GoT replacements obviously, but HBO isn't exactly empty-handed.
Man veep is just bad

kingkitty

Hmm... The Brexit Could Be Bad News for ‘Game of Thrones’
"Shows like Game of Thrones will also be harder — and costlier — to produce, meaning that the real world and the fantasy one will collide to the possible detriment of both."​
Let's hope UK GAF did the sensible thing.

brexit looks likely now

dammit.

time to move production to Canada. use green screen when necessary. King's Landing will be in Vancouver.

I think that's fair to assume. The Battle at the Blackwater was topped by The Battle for The Wall which was topped by The Hardhome Massacre which was topped by The Battle of Winterfell.
I still feel that The Battle at the Blackwater has yet to be surpasse in terms of emotional investment and the lives of the characters that were at stake. I also thought it was extremely well directed. The battle for the wall was almost as good, and it certainly was more of a spectacle.

Just off the top of my head. People of note that could have died at The Battle of Blackwater:
Cersei
Sansa
Tyrion
Varys
Joffrey
The hound
Stannis
Davos
Tommen

Neospartan

Neo Member
I very much doubt Jon would oppose Dany. He probably would be ecstatic to hear she is coming for King's Landing since that means wiping out the Lannisters. I'm sure she would be open to let the North stay independent since it really isn't all that valuable nor a climate she is used to. Plus Tyrion is pretty friendly with Jon so he likely advises her in that direction anyway.

Nah, he would be like
Dany: "Swear fealty to me and support my claim to the Throne and you shall-"
Jon: "You have dragons, right?"
Dany: "... Yes?"
Jon: "Send them beyond The Wall"
if at this point there is still a Wall to begin with
Dany: "Why would I do such a thing? I am Daenerys Stormborn of House Targ-"
Jon: "You want to rule Westeros, right?"
Dany: "... I will"
Jon: "Then make sure there is a Westeros left to rule"
Dany: "What do you mea-"
Jon: "Fuck this shit I'm out"

It definitely is personal preference.

Never watched an episode of Veep even though it has two cast members from two of my favorite shows, Seinfeld and Arrested Development.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think they are lacking in content, but they are going to lose a must watch subscribe series such as GoT, The Wire, Sopranos. In my opinion of course.

I'm sure there are plenty who sub just for Veep and not for GoT. Though I bet the majority Sub because of GoT vs. Veep or Silicone Valley.

I'd love a spin-off to be honest, or bring Rome back, lol.

casiopao

Marco Polo on Netflix is also really interesting there. Kubilai Khan is stealing the show.^_^ I can't wait to see when Kubilai Khan start sending his fleet to attack all other countries here.^_^

Don't mention Rome or Deadwood to me. Both shows ended too early, right before the big budget series model came into effect. Both shows had execs say like a year or two later, "Oh, if we'd known what's possible now we'd never have cut them off."

And yet both shows continue to cease to exist.

13th

Cocksucker

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom