• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sappyday

Could someone explain to me Jon Snow's father please?

Robert's rebellion (the war that made Robert Baratheon king and is the reason Dany is coming back to retake her true throne) started cause Rhagaer (Dany's much older brother) "kidnapped" Lyanna Stark (they fell in love). I'm sure you can piece it from here.

Cipherr

Lady Mormont is fucking amazing. Steals every scene she is in, and it feels right.

Why the fuck can't your average hollywood movie find child actors worth a damn when HBO has done so well? Shits mystifying.

Jons father is a Targaryen. He is straight up related to Daenerys. (Thank god for spell check.) Robert, the King that died season 1 would have killed Snow if he had know he had Targaryen blood the same way he tried to have Daenerys killed, so to fulfill the promise to his sister, Ned Stark claimed Jon was HIS bastard and never told anyone.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Dorne. Still think there will be some Lucas esque poetry moments.

I feel next season's equivalent of Ep 9 will be the Sacking of King's Landinh and the finale will be Reunification of Westeros (Dany x Jon) and the Breaking of the Wall by the Nights King.

Something tells me deep down Yara is much like her father and will turn on Dany given the chance. Once Dany has done all Yara needs, she may take her out. Total scumbag move, but I could see it happening and it's GoT afterall.

Cipherr

Jons father is a Targaryen. He is straight up related to Daenerys. (Thank god for spell check.) Robert, the King that died season 1 would have killed Snow as an infant if he had known Jon had Targaryen blood the same way he tried to have Daenerys killed; so to fulfill the promise to his sister, Ned Stark claimed Jon was HIS bastard and never told anyone.

Nerokis

I think Cersei had come to terms with Tommen's fate. This season she seemed almost resigned to it, at least during their last interaction.

I agree. She's always suspected her children would die, proceeded to lose all but one, and that last one was increasingly lost to her in another way. I could see her being in a place where she might even feel her children are better off dead. It's a terrible world she's been left behind in.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Something tells me deep down Yara is much like her father and will turn on Dany given the chance. Once Dany has done all Yara needs, she may take her out. Total scumbag move, but I could see it happening and it's GoT afterall.

When has Yara ever shown that tendency?

I feel like she's conflicted equally in that she wasn't able to show any emotion when seeing Tommen's body because the satisfaction she gained from the bombing was so strong that she couldn't really register that she indirectly caused her son's death.

As of now, it seems to me that Cersei has nothing and no one left to live for but herself. That final look she gave Jaime indicated that even he can do nothing to stop her now and she won't have any problem putting even him in danger if any given situation comes down to that.

She's just ready to ride the nuke allll the way down.

And we should include Littlefingers dreams of the Iron Throne in that death chart. The pieces aren't there.

bounchfx

Six seasons now and people still complain about characters 'teleporting' even though we are given basically zero information on when events take place and how much time is in between events. Blows my mind, really.

Same here. I think it's a safe assumption that enough time has passed so the character has been able to make the journey. pretty simple.

Some points from this Godlike ep

- Varys a teleporter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), or he get Uber'd along with the other two houses?
- How fucked are the Lannisters? Lets break down the two teams that hate them.
- Starks who have House Tullys, House Arryn & Littlefinger next to them.
- Targaryens who have House Martell, House Tyrell, & House Greyjoy along with the strongest footsolders in savages and the best trained soldiers in Essos. Oh and 3 dragons.
- Which brings me to the point of Danny. She also has Tyrion, Varys & Olenna as top tier intellectuals. What in the fuck can touch her other than White Walkers? Absolutely nothing.
- Littlefinger looking like he's going to kill Jon soon enough. Seems unnecessary since he can still get what he wants, but maybe he needs Sansa as the ruler of the North to get it. A scary battle between Sansa vs Littlefinger will happen next season.

So yeah, I don't how Danny doesn't fuck Cersei over in no time.

Palpable

I feel like next season could be the finale season. So much has been set up. Seems it may be split between Dany and co. taking Kings Landing and the Night King passing the wall.

So in season 7 we will pretty much see how the lannisters will get wiped out. I mean who is left now Cersei and Jaime? That's it right?I mean tyrion is alive but I think he don't care for Cersei. But i know he still loves his brother Jaime. With Dany coming yeah they have no chance. And season 8 (last season) will be entirely dedicated to human vs whitewalker. I wonder if the show will get a LOTR type of ending. Like 10 endings for the characters that will be left.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
WINTER IS HERE !!!!
so was john not expecting to be named king of the north?

He is a bastard and Littlefinger tells Sansa just before that the Lords wont rally for a Snow. He underestimated them.

Dalek

This was such a cathartic episode-a lot of payoff and "wins" from our heroes who we've seen get pummeled for years/loss after loss after loss.

And hell yeah, Lady Mormont. What a ruler!

The wildfire scene and Arya's kill were the two highlights for me. Made me stand up and say "holy shit!!"

So in season 7 we will pretty much see how the lannisters will get wiped out. I mean who is left now Cersei and Jaime? That's it right?I mean tyrion is alive but I think he don't care for Cersei. But i know he still loves his brother Jaime. With Dany coming yeah they have no chance. And season 8 (last season) will be entirely dedicated to human vs whitewalker. I wonder if the show will get a LOTR type of ending. Like 10 endings for the characters that will be left.

one of those better ivolve everyone bowing down to Tyrion

kakashi08

Jons father is a Targaryen. He is straight up related to Daenerys. (Thank god for spell check.) Robert, the King that died season 1 would have killed Snow if he had know he had Targaryen blood the same way he tried to have Daenerys killed, so to fulfill the promise to his sister, Ned Stark claimed Jon was HIS bastard and never told anyone.

I should've read this before asking, my bad.
I wonder how if Bran will tell Jon that....man this episode was nice. I'll sleep well tonight. lol

When Lady Mormont promised them 62 of her finest i secretly hoped they were armoured bears. Don't judge me but i have this insane dream of her leading the bear cavalry into battle while dual wielding flintlock pistols.

I've been awake too long.

Heshinsi

That was some really dark shit with Arya man. Like I want the Freys to get some just desserts, but you don't come back from shit like that, and that smile. Jesus Arya, don't let it consume you girl.

Sheroking

I'm not sure why so many people have problems accepting that "several weeks" have passed when it comes to people clearing great distances. It's a pretty easy conclusion to jump to.

By the way, if you think Varys getting from Dorne to Dany's fleet was the biggest teleport - you've never seen a map of Westeros.

Look at how far Theon and Yara traveled this year:

new_official_westeros_map_by_gunnar_santos_d5p22.jpg

Oreoleo

What was with Cerci saying she killed her husband? A random ass bore did.

She had poisoned or drugged the wine Robert had been drinking on the trip. Lancel was the one in charge of the wine so it was an easy dupe to set up. I believe she revealed it in season 1 when Ned was locked up in the dungeons.
edit- beaten, dang this thread moves fast even at 3am

Roussow

Two quick thoughts:

Miguel Sapochnik should probably direct every episode of Game of Thrones (even though it's likely logistically impossible).

This episode had a phenomenal score, especially during the extended Kings Landing opening scene.

Heshinsi

I should've read this before asking, my bad.
I wonder how if Bran will tell Jon that....man this episode was nice. I'll sleep well tonight. lol

Calling back to the look LF gave Sansa last season in the crypts, when she kept going on about how Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyarra, I get the feeling LF knows the truth. he might tell everyone to derail things.

That was some really dark shit with Arya man. Like I want the Freys to get some just desserts, but you don't come back from shit like that, and that smile. Jesus Arya, don't let it consume you girl.
she went full Cartman on his ass, probably would've licked his tears if he started crying

Monocle

Two quick thoughts:

Miguel Sapochnik should probably direct every episode of Game of Thrones (even though it's likely logistically impossible).

This episode had a phenomenal score, especially during the extended Kings Landing opening scene.
Yes, exceptional direction and a distinctly great score. I found myself appreciating both within the first couple minutes.

Feels like the next season will be the Lannisters and the Ironborn against dany and her army. North just getting prep time for the walkers. ending with remaining forces against the white walkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom