• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious on what LF will do now, it's possible he might be underestimating sansa seeing as how she see's him as what he truly is.

I'm super curious as to how Cersei will stand any chance against anyone next season and where the fuck Arya is gonna go now.

She's fucked, no money, no allies, hell the episode hinted that her brother hates her now. Knowing cersei though, she's not going down without a fight.

After the long summer, darkness will fall heavy on the world. Stars will bleed, the cold breath of winter will freeze the sea's. And the dead shall rise in the North.

If anyone questions Meli, they need to watch this. This was her introduction. She is legit, and end game. I think sending her away was a mistake.

Also answered my question from a few days ago about the the sea's freezing over and if Essos was in danger as well. That coupled with what was Jon said tonight.

"The true enemy won't wait out the storm, he brings the storm." Which also answers my other question, does the winter bring the WW's, or do the WW's bring winter.

Great episode.

Yeah.
They're gonna need her back.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I'm super curious as to how Cersei will stand any chance against anyone next season and where the fuck Arya is gonna go now.

Watch Cersei blow up all of KL when she realises her reign is over. Q did mention that there were much more of these barrels, and they are supposedly everywhere. She takes the entire city with her rather than lose it.

televator

The mad King had enough wild fire stored up to burn the entirety of King's Landing. Cersie has it now. Plus, I'm sure the dark maester knows how to cook up even more.

Melisandra said that she and Arya would meet again. It's a high chance that the 2 will run into each other again next season as Meli really doesn't want to leave Jon's side and Arya will want to see her family.

I figured this as well, but in the inside episode #10 video they mention it's a scene of them leaving Slaver's Bay and traveling to the narrow sea.

https://youtu.be/nRTP9SUkHl8?t=8m2s

Nice catch. I guess they came to pick her up then, lol.

That was some really dark shit with Arya man. Like I want the Freys to get some just desserts, but you don't come back from shit like that, and that smile. Jesus Arya, don't let it consume you girl.

Yup, thought the same thing. I was watching clips earlier and Arya was such an adorable kid. Now she's got the juice.

Arya-Stark-Harrenhal.jpg

sappyday

I'm not sure why so many people have problems accepting that "several weeks" have passed when it comes to people clearing great distances. It's a pretty easy conclusion to jump to.

By the way, if you think Varys getting from Dorne to Dany's fleet was the biggest teleport - you've never seen a map of Westeros.

Look at how far Theon and Yara traveled this year:

new_official_westeros_map_by_gunnar_santos_d5p22.jpg

It's probably cause we all assume each story line is progressing at the same pace. Like it didn't feel like it took Jon months to get ready to fight the Boltons but in the same amount of episodes Theon gets to Dany which one would assume would take a at least 1-2 months (yea yea they're Greyjoys). Each storyline has to progress at the same pace cause if one is way ahead of the other then the timeline if it all gets confusing and the flow of news would be off.

RedAssedApe

Banned
those murderous children...something out of a horror flick. like children of the corn lol

old dude got laid though and didnt even pay. karma.

That was some really dark shit with Arya man. Like I want the Freys to get some just desserts, but you don't come back from shit like that, and that smile. Jesus Arya, don't let it consume you girl.
It was less pure sadism and more poetic justice

That fate was taken from an in-universe folklore story about the consequences of abusing guest right.

Joeku

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Dorne. Still think there will be some Lucas esque poetry moments.

I feel next season's equivalent of Ep 9 will be the Sacking of King's Landinh and the finale will be Reunification of Westeros (Dany x Jon) and the Breaking of the Wall by the Nights King.

Yeah, I'm with you. If they split it into two half-seasons, the next will end with Jon and Dany coming together and the threat of the Night's King being clear, and the last half-season will be that war.

I get why they will be half seasons, though. They murderin' fools left and right.

Sheroking

It's probably cause we all assume each story line is progressing at the same pace. Like it didn't feel like it took Jon months to get ready to fight the Boltons but in the same amount of episodes Theon gets to Dany which one would assume would take a at least 1-2 months (yea yea they're Greyjoys). Each storyline has to progress at the same pace cause if one is way ahead of the other then the timeline if it all gets confusing and the flow of news would be off.

David and Dan explicitly responded to this criticism by saying that storylines do not move at the same pace, because it's impossible to properly stage that.

Even the books fail at this, actually.

JTripper

Watch Cersei blow up all of KL when she realises her reign is over. Q did mention that there were much more of these barrels, and they are supposedly everywhere. She takes the entire city with her rather than lose it.

It makes way too much sense for Cersei to destroy King's Landing and take everything with her. Poetry, I guess.

sappyday

David and Dan explicitly responded to this criticism by saying that storylines do not move at the same pace, because it's impossible to properly stage that.

Even the books fail at this, actually.

Yea I know. I don't really care, but to some it can be jarring and I can see why.

duckroll

Sanders had to concede his campaign at some point, duckroll.

He had the supporters. Didn't you see the crowd in that town hall meeting? He could have pushed through. Hilary just blew it all up instead because she was just spiteful. King's Landing needs a shake up. The entire organization is rotten to the core!!!

Tainted

It's not though. Like Jaime getting back to King's Landing from the Twins clearly shows that many days/weeks have passed.

If this map is accurate...there's considerably more distance between Dorne->Meereen/Dragon's Bay to Twins->King's Landing. I've no issue with this though, because travel times this season have been very similar by multiple characters...I think alot more time has passed between ep1 to ep10 compared to previous seasons.

CjaHK4u.jpg

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Why the fuck can't your average hollywood movie find child actors worth a damn when HBO has done so well? Shits mystifying.
Because the truth is a large portion of those children are there due to nepotism and/or marketability, not talent.

Looking at HBO's history of shows... it's pretty damn obvious quality and "getting it right" is of high import to them. Most hollywood movies though? Not so much.

Palpable

Sooo... I guess that popular theory about the High Sparrow being Howland Reed doesn't matter anymore, does it? Also, Howland didn't go up into the tower of joy based on Bran's vision.

Gibbles17

Huh. Finding it pretty interesting the number of people in this thread who didn't piece together that Rhaegar is Jon's dad. Wonder how prevalent that is among the average viewer. Seemed like there were tons of hints throughout the series though I suppose that's easy to say considering I've rewatched the entire thing many, many times over since it came out lol.

Such a low-energy episode, especially as a season finale.

Yeah, Cersei getting her revenge was amazing, but the explosion really should've been the closing scene. It made the rest of the episode feel like it was dragging. And it was.

I didn't feel much when Arya killed Frey. She hasn't been part of the Stark plotline in so long, it didn't feel like proper justice. There was no emotional payoff there. She's just a cold-blooded assassin at this point. The only thing the directors could've done to make it powerful was if Arya ripped off the servant's face and underneath was her mom's face.

televator

Because the truth is a large portion of those children are there due to nepotism and/or marketability, not talent.

Looking at HBO's history of shows... it's pretty damn obvious quality and "getting it right" is of high import to them. Most hollywood movies though? Not so much.

I actually had this exact thought when the introduced Lady Mormont. Then it made sense with Hollywood's constant white washing shinenegans and extremely myopic favoritism with hot actors.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
It was less pure sadism and more poetic justice

That fate was taken from an in-universe folklore story about the consequences of abusing guest right.

She killed all the Frey heirs, and because Papa Frey pumps out babies like a rabbit, there are more than one Frey male. She then proceeded to chop them up into tiny little pieces, quickly looked up the recipe for pie making, and then fed it to Walder Frey. She finished it off with a meticulous slicing of the throat while beaming like she just nailed her school's talent show. That's pretty darn sadistic. Like I was legit scared and I root for her.

Kyou

And then Dany the unburnt sits on her throne of ashes

Palpable

Will Howland must have questioned the baby Ned walks out with.

Very true. I figured it would've been interesting if the HS turned out to be Howland Reed. He'd be the only living person to know the real parents of Jon. I wonder if the Howland Reed bit will ever get mentioned. What happened to him?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Or he just ordered Reed to ride ahead without him and Ned went alone latter with Jon.

Meera said that she had never seen her father cry besides the day that he found out Ned had been killed. I think it if there's one person Ned could have entrusted this secret with, it's Howland Reed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom