• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herne

I'm just glad we're finally going to get to see the Sand Snakes, if the preview for the next episode is any indication. I've been waiting for them to show up and do something from the start of the season.

Vashetti

Banned
Great episode as always, that entire Valyria sequence was stunning, loved Tyrion and Jorah flinging the history back and forth.

Mad Queen Dany emerges once again. Shame the preview for this episode spoiled Barristan's fate, I regret watching that one.

I'm also loving how every scene is being given time to breathe. Pacing complainers are nuts.

I'm just glad
we're finally going to get to see the Sand Snakes, if the preview for the next episode is any indication. They're all meant to be as deadly as Oberyn, and I've been waiting for them to show up and do something from the start of the season.

Spoiler tag all preview discussion, regardless of how 'non-spoilery' it seems. It was a great preview though,
surprising how Arya has barely been in this season. Sansa has been in every episode, with substantial scenes too.

munchie64

Great episode, but I have an show wide "complaint" I'm a bit concerned about.

I know the point is for Dany to reach a ultimate low, so here climb back up will be amazing and all, but I keep feeling that it's gonna really hard to make her likeable again. Maybe likeable isn't the right word, but what I basically mean is even if she realistically fixes the situation around her, her character may not be so easily repaired. Or maybe they aren't gonna do that? Who knows?

Also RIP Selmy for reals, and probably RIP Jorah too :(

Herne

Great episode as always, that entire Valyria sequence was stunning, loved Tyrion and Jorah flinging the history back and forth.

Mad Queen Dany emerges once again. Shame the preview for this episode spoiled Barristan's fate, I regret watching that one.

I'm also loving how every scene is being given time to breathe. Pacing complainers are nuts.

Spoiler tag all preview discussion, regardless of how 'non-spoilery' it seems. It was a great preview though,
surprising how Arya has barely been in this season. Sansa has been in every episode, with substantial scenes too.

Damn, sorry about that. I only read the books up to a point and I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen... can't even remember where I heard that from - thought it was from the series.

Definitely looking forward to more of Arya.

Jackpot

Banned
YOU DUMB MORON. You killed one of your own advisors and turned the freed slaves against you to make a point of fair trials then arbitrarily murder a slaver. Now everybody hates you.

At least Stannis is doing something.

Valyria lost to a volcano it seems.

I'm beginning to realise just how much time the show spends on people travelling. Instead of doing something to further the plot Tyrion & Jorah are going on a super long journey where each time there'll be a scene that teaches some lesson or moral but has no real purpose.

Vashetti

Banned
YOU DUMB MORON. You killed one of your own advisors and turned the freed slaves against you to make a point of fair trials then arbitrarily murder a slaver. Now everybody hates you.

At least Stannis is doing something.

Valyria lost to a volcano it seems.

I'm beginning to realise just how much time the show spends on people travelling. Instead of doing something to further the plot Tyrion & Jorah are going on a super long journey where each time there'll be a scene that teaches some lesson or moral but has no real purpose.

World building is purposeful.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Really enjoyed this episode. Fantastic.

I usually avoid these threads as they are filled with jaded, hate filled individuals who are unable to enjoy anything.

munchie64

Did you miss the massive character and possibly plot altering event Jorah had one his arm?
Really enjoyed this episode. Fantastic.

I usually avoid these threads as they are filled with jaded, hate filled individuals who are unable to enjoy anything.
:(
I've liked most stuff this season. Definitely looking better than season 2 so far, but doesn't have the week by week craziness of season 4.

Awesome episode. Been waiting for more Bolton action. They're scumbags for sure, but interesting to watch.

Stannis really taking the white walker stuff seriously. I really fear for him now. And Shireen. :(

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
10/10

Amazing episode. Every segment was interesting. The North is the best part of Season 5. Also, I hope Stannis fucks up the Boltons and they both burn screaming.

I love the change in Stannis' character. He went from angry, cold and desperate to calm calculating...and dare i say - warm at times?

This taking back The North stuff isn't going end up work well for Stannis is it?

I think Stannis may be the next contender for the Iron Throne to bite the dust. At the very least I am sure he is going to take The North/Winterfell anytime soon.

Great episode. North is where it is at so I am glad they are focusing on it. If only the Bran stuff was in this season too. North also needs more Shaggydog.

I love the dude who plays Maester Aemon. His speech to Jon Snow was perfect, which lead into an awesome scene with Snow and Tormund.

Also, I couldn't give less of a shit about the Grey Worm/Missandei romance stuff. No thank you, please move on.

So Jorah must meet with stannis at some point given the speech in the previous episode with Stannis saying there were masters who cured his daughter.

im now thinking a dany + stannis team is the one to win the throne. Stannis will take the north but the white walker need to be killed by fire and dragons stone. So he will need Danny's help. Jorah will be cured by a maester when stannis sees him.

munchie64

Why did he go through Valeria? I didnt understand the necessity for that.
Presumably it's the quickest way to Meereen by boat?
Kinda (Valyria in black, Meereen at the top of Slaver's Bay, Volantis the big city on the other side)
SlaversBay-1024x682.jpg
Avoiding pirates.
Presumably this too.

TheContact

I'm just glad we're finally going to get to see the Sand Snakes, if the preview for the next episode is any indication. I've been waiting for them to show up and do something from the start of the season.

Waiting for what. How do you know about the sand snakes and that they're cool other than the one scene we got with them wanting to avenge Oberyn?

Anyway poor Jorah. I don't think he will be cured

kmax

Fuck the Boltons. I hope Stannis piledrives them down to Hell.

Nice to see Jon Snow and Stannis do some good in that wretched world. Also, I commend Brienne for keeping on fighting to bring back the Stark girls.

As for Dany, she has been all over the place, and she's made some dumb errors prior to this episode, but it seems that she's taken a sober approach this time around. Make the people happy, do not piss them off, or they will bite you in the ass. The return of the fighting pits will make her more popular with the locals, so credit to her for not listening to her council and instead going with what that other girl suggested, and that is, do what they do not expect her to do.

Herne

Waiting for what. How do you know about the sand snakes and that they're cool other than the one scene we got with them wanting to avenge Oberyn?

As explained above, I can't remember. I did read the books up to a point but it was so long ago and I have absolutely no clue what's going to happen to anyone. Maybe I got it from a YouTube video where someone was giving their thoughts on the last season and what may be coming in the new one - I did see a few of those last year. I just know somehow that the Sand Snakes are meant to be as deadly as their name suggests. That's exactly as much as I know about them. Considering Ellaria was gathering them in a previous episode for some possible revenge action, I've been looking forward to something of that nature happening.

I apologise if I've spoiled some possible surprise for someone. :(

Carnby

I just realized the similarities between Stannis' and Boltan's speech to their children.

"You are my daughter" and "You are my son."

FeD.nL

Roose is godtier, seriously. The first head of a house that really gives me the feeling he can handle things by himself and not in need of an army of advisers, Tywin got close but still made the mistake of not keeping his children in check.

Roose is godtier, seriously. The first head of a house that really gives me the feeling he can handle things by himself and not in need of an army of advisers, Tywin got close but still made the mistake of not keeping his children in check.

Fuck Roose Bolton, the North remembers. I hope he burns like Mance.

DarkKyo

im now thinking a dany + stannis team is the one to win the throne. Stannis will take the north but the white walker need to be killed by fire and dragons stone. So he will need Danny's help. Jorah will be cured by a maester when stannis sees him.

There's no way in hell either Dany or Stannis would accept each other as having any legitimacy to the throne. They are both far too prideful and determined to get their own way to share anything. I almost expect them to be the last two sides of the war remaining when all is said and done.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Okay serious question now... how on earth is it possible King's Landing doesn't know Sansa is in winterfell, and there with Littlefinger?

I mean even common people know she's in the castle at this point. Just seems to stretch credulity based on what the show has established with spies... once-queen had her own network, and she has a well know desire to find Tyrion and Sansa.

That information would be very valuable.

Nameless

If I'm the Hizdahr, I'm definitely taking Daeny's last name and becoming: Stepfather of Dragons, King Hizdahr Targaryen as soon possible. Luckiest man on the show.

Meanwhile Jorah....

Qurupeke

Stannis, the grammar nazi. I think he did the same correction again on a past episode but I can'd find it.

I really loved this episode. Lately the Dany parts are getting better, definitely not as bad as the last two seasons. It's a shame Barristan died though and Grey Worm lived. Barristan had such a potential as a character but I feel we saw very little from him.

The last few scenes with the stone men were awesome too. Too bad Mormont will probably bring an infection to Meerin. This guy just can't be on Dany's good side. But I wonder why he didn't cut his hand, unless this kind of infection doesn't work like Walking Dead's zombie infection. Oh well, he's a deadman now anyway.

Fuck Roose Bolton, the North remembers. I hope he burns like Mance.
Nah I like Roose, definitely one of the better villains on the show and has been that way since the Red Wedding.
Correcting grammar (fewer) isn't something.
I hope that House Bolton crushes his army
He donated his fleet to help recruit white walkers because he's above petty squabbles, actually researching how to kill white walkers (i.e. the real threat of the show) unlike everyone else, and is now mobilizing his army to take back the North. #Onetrueking

I think though since D and D finally tried to make him more likeable and he represents the good in the north and he had a heart to heart with his daughter.... yeah he dead :(

Westraid

Man I'm bummed about Jorah Fedorah. :( Really liked his character.
Loved seeing Valyria, hope we'll see more of the roadtrip.

Not the biggest Stannis fan but I hope he kicks Bolton butt.

Griss

Okay serious question now... how on earth is it possible King's Landing doesn't know Sansa is in winterfell, and there with Littlefinger?

I mean even common people know she's in the castle at this point. Just seems to stretch credulity based on what the show has established with spies... once-queen had her own network, and she has a well know desire to find Tyrion and Sansa.

That information would be very valuable.

It's possible because Cersei is running King's Landing, and she's entirely incompetent. The show has made great pains to show her gutting the small council and sending away anyone who would be of absolute use. Varys is no longer there.

So basically, they have no intelligence, no one balancing the books, no one in charge of overall peacekeeping or defence strategy etc. It's quite clear that in the current environment it would be a SURPRISE if anyone at King's Landing knew about Sansa.

Jarnet87

If Stannis attacks the Boltons we will finally see Davos Seaworth in action. In before he gets hit by something and is unconscious the whole fight, again lol.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
If Stannis attacks the Boltons we will finally see Davos Seaworth in action. In before he gets hit by something and is unconscious the whole fight, again lol.
I'm more interested in seeing what Melissandre will do. Davos will likely have to watch Stannis daughter die in some cruel way. Melissandre seems more suited to the Boltons so I won't be surprised if she turns on Stannis somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom