• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here think Cersei is a sympathetic character? I personally think she has her good qualities, but other than that season one chat with Robert, I've never felt sorry for her. What do you guys think?

Jesus! Really didn't know much about it. Ellaria's comments come of as really horrible now.

HA

no. she is completely self obsessed. It seems to be she is seeing her power slip away and is grasping for straws at this point. Even alienating her own son just because he isn't some psychopath that is as cruel to everyone as she is.

Cersei seems to be making friends with religious fanatics and making enemies of the 2nd strongest family in KL, if not the strongest family in KL.

Nah I dont feel sorry for her at all. She has her head stuck WAY up her ass and I can't stand her. She has been annoying since season 1.

Vashetti

Banned
How old are Arya, Sansa, Jon Snow and Daeneris supposed to be now? Aren't they all pretty young?

I think the show has wisely given up on mentioning the young character's ages. The last reference to the young-folks age was Sansa telling Tyrion she was 14 on their wedding night in S3.

I came into this season really hating the Boltons, but the more I reflect on the Stark's failures, the more I can understand and condone why Roose did what he did. I love the Starks, but Robb and Cat really made some egregious mistakes. I couldn't imagine being a loyal bannerman after some of the stuff they pulled.

That's the thing I love about this show. The characters are complicated and rarely one dimensional. I never fully love/hate anyone's motives, so I've been able to find sympathy for most of the characters we encounter.

Nameless

Does anyone here think Cersei is a sympathetic character? I personally think she has her good qualities, but other than that season one chat with Robert, I've never felt sorry for her. What do you guys think?

I've often argued for her being a sympathetic character. A young girl who's mother dies tragically in child birth, causing her to build a deep seeded hatred & resentment for her younger brother. Motherless, she's left with a cold, stern, detached father who never shows any kind of love or affection toward his children. With no one else to lean on she develops an unnaturally intimate relationship with her twin brother.

The Mad King deems her unworthy for Prince Rhaegar -- a big deal given the only real value this world ascribes to women is in their ability to wed and have children. Eventually she does marry Robert. A great warrior and pathetic king too consumed by his vices and love of a dead woman to be anything resembling a decent husband to Cersei. Still, she gives him an heir -- a black haired baby boy who dies suddenly as an infant.

We later find out she's doomed to bury all of her children, and has been bearing the burden of that knowledge most her life. Despite it all she carries a fierce & unconditional love for children as she hopelessly tries to protect them from their tragic fates.

I'd be popping the cork on some Dornish Merlot at 10:30am too.

Limit

I would be shocked if Stannis is alive by the end of this season, let alone the series. Him hugging his daughter practically sealed his fate in my mind. So I have already come to terms on that front. But after Stannis is gone, who will get control of his armies? That's the question I have been contemplating on since last week. Jon, maybe? I don't know if Melisandre has any pull in Stannis's inner circle.

And side question, will Tommen be the true heir to the throne if/once Stannis is gone?

Nameless

That's exactly the sort of padding I was worried about.

Dumb question, why didn't Jorah just cut off his arm to stop the infection? it seems rather obvious.

Different subjects, same response: Essos is huge, and they're stuck out in the sticks without a boat or anything else. They weren't going to magically appear in Meereen overnight. And surely Jorah would have bled out before getting help.

Map_of_Ice_and_Fire.jpg

Jackpot

Banned
What if the
slavers take them straight to Meereen?

There's always the chance
that it's going to result in an "oh, shit" plot twist, but let's face it, they're going to be kept in a holding pattern with "a problem of the day" thrown at them for each episode where each time they bond a little, face adversity, overcome it, but ultimately do nothing until it's time to be reunited with Dany near the end of the series. Not every plot thread has to move the show forward but it'd be nice if a few did.

Maybe
they are still trying to get there in the books. Maybe next season or whenever they pass the books they extend it out even further. Tyrion is never getting there guys. By the way, this post isn't cheeky. I haven't read them.
lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
God I'm super excited but also kinda bummed since I feel this week is gonna be super heavy on King's Landing since they completely skipped it last week. I just don't really give a crap what's going on there atm. Honestly I'd rather watch dragon-mom. Which is like crazy talk.

God I'm super excited but also kinda bummed since I feel this week is gonna be super heavy on King's Landing since they completely skipped it last week. I just don't really give a crap what's going on there atm. Honestly I'd rather watch dragon-mom. Which is like crazy talk.

But the return of Grandma Tyrell!

Or at least I hope so.

I agree though with the King's Landing bits being the least interesting this season.

Nameless

Looking forward to seeing what Littlefinger has cooking. It'll be interesting to see if he gets caught in the middle of the current Lannister-Tyrell fued as he's been playing both sides for a while now:

-Facilitated the alliance between the two families which got him Harrenhal
-Uncovered Olenna and Varys's plan to wed Loras to Sansa for Cersei
-Killed Joffrey for Olenna
-Stole Sansa from them both and gave her to the Boltons ensuring he has an ally in the North regardless of happens between Roose and Stannis.

tumblr_inline_muhln4bFEh1rymbrg.gif

So I'm guessing White Walkers can travel over seas if they wanted to, guess nothing is really safe from them.

Once they take Westeros that's going vastly outnumber the living population on Essos.

Which reminds me, is that map the whole world, or is it simply part of the "known" world. Cause that's one small planet if it's basically the size of 2 United Kingdoms.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If Littlefinger is back in King's Landing, then that's cool. Even Grammy-T would be cool. Just as long as it's not all the religious nuts again.

sangreal

saw this floating around (from season 2 episode 7):
yxP0TOv.gif

should have listened, jorah (his next line is "I didn't come here for lessons")

3 minutes. I'm strangely nervous for this episode. So much could happen so fast ! Tyrells could get tired of Cersei and that either go very well or very wrong. Any scene with Sansa and Ramsay gets me nervous as fuck. The whole Brienne thing could turn ugly real quick if the wrong word gets to Ramsay. I mean he already fake rescued Theon before and made it so these people would rather stay put then think about escape.

Littlefinger in KL is just dumb in so many ways. Tyrion is now going to have to navigate the land with a single guard ( reminds me of Jamie and Brienne ).

So much could go bad. Hope we see Arya a lot soon though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom