• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

Just marathoned the show in 2 weeks.

Incredible staff.

Peter Balish is the lord of trolls.

I hope him and Lord Verus kill each other in some bloody battle down the line.

Kickz

Oh gawd I hope not! Ramsey Bolton is one of the very few really interesting so called "bad guys" left (besides Queen Cersei).

Nothing is interesting about his cringe worthy antics. Just comes off as foul and annoying.

Need to see his head on a spike like Eddard before season ends.

He already lost big. Roose is the one who hasn't lost yet.

Hmm? Another thing they have in common?

kitemilia-1429801330.gif

Show speculation courtesy of MTV in case you missed it

Why are they even together in the same place? I thought the actress didn't knew anyone from westeros lol.

ASIS

I swear every season in GOT has people complaining about the pace being too slow. And in retrospect the amount of characters and the story covered in 45 episodes so far is insane. The character development and world building of this season especially is fantastic. Can't wait for episode 6!

I swear every season in GOT has people complaining about the pace being too slow. And in retrospect the amount of characters and the story covered in 45 episodes so far is insane. The character development and world building of this season especially is fantastic. Can't wait for episode 6!

Yup, I saw many complaints like this for seasons 1, 2 and 3 until episode 8. Then episode 9 happens, and everyone thought: "yet another great GoT season!" Last year, I saw complaints for the show falling off the rails after episodes 3,4 and 5, but now, it's considered by the majority to be the best season. GoT is something you just need to see played out in its entirety, as the worldbuilding and character developments, with small yet dynamic changes, lead to some huge things in the future.

S1E09 we had an important death, Eddard Stark
S2E09 we had a big war, Blackwater
S3E09 we had deaths of mulitple important characters, Red Wedding - The Rains of Castamere
S3E09 we had a big war at the wall, The Watchers on the Wall

So this season it will be an important death again, right guys ?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
S1E09 we had an important death, Eddard Stark
S2E09 we had a big war, Blackwater
S3E09 we had deaths of mulitple important characters, Red Wedding - The Rains of Castamere
S3E09 we had a big war at the wall, The Watchers on the Wall

So this season it will be an important death again, right guys ?
(Ignoring the typo with the Watchers part above) You shouldn't count season 4 because Watchers wasn't a big deal. All the big deaths in that season happened when people weren't expecting them. Basically because people knew episode 9 was where everything usually goes down, things were changed up. Episode 3 had Jeoffery's death and episode 8 had Oberon. Episode 9 was just a battle scene basically. Then episode 10 had a couple more deaths.

In other words, you can't expect nothing anymore. They're trying to stop being predictable. And it's working.

That said, I'm sure someone important will die.

Curufinwe

(Ignoring the typo with the Watchers part above) You shouldn't count season 4 because Watchers wasn't a big deal. All the big deaths in that season happened when people weren't expecting them. Basically because people knew episode 9 was where everything usually goes down, things were changed up.

Ygritte died in S4E09.

pel1300

Yup, I saw many complaints like this for seasons 1, 2 and 3 until episode 8. Then episode 9 happens, and everyone thought: "yet another great GoT season!" Last year, I saw complaints for the show falling off the rails after episodes 3,4 and 5, but now, it's considered by the majority to be the best season. GoT is something you just need to see played out in its entirety, as the worldbuilding and character developments, with small yet dynamic changes, lead to some huge things in the future.

What are you smoking? People were excited as ***** about Joffrey's death, Tyrion's trial and the whole build up to what would happen with the Mountain and Viper thing...that lasted from ep 3 to 8.

Vashetti

Banned
Preview talk:

Looks like it could be Sansa/Ramsay's wedding by the Winterfell heart tree, plus a shot of Theon/Reek looking visibly distraught at something. Not looking good for Sansa :(

Venture

Sansa to host Red Wedding 2.0?
I can't believe that hadn't crossed my mind until now. Seems too much for Sansa to pull off by herself, but maybe Littlefinger will be back in time for the wedding. If it does go down I sure hope they invited Walder Frey.

PFD

got_tv7cp78.png

Hope the viewership drops more and HBO will get the message the show is going nowhere.

If they plan to keep this slow pace just to wait for the author, then they better just skip an year instead of going in circles with pointless stuff like Boltons, Dorne and Danny playing house.

I'm sure the 4 episode leak has something to do with these ratings

Nameless

Then she is asked to bend the knee to Stannins does not and get's her head chopped off.

It has been a while since a Stark ate it. Bran has the season off, and neither he or Arya will die before finishing their super hero training anyway. Rickon is safe until he's recast, so that leaves Sansa and Jon. Littlefinger 'betting' on a nice convenient outcome for Sansa makes me worry, as does Chekhov's candle-in-the-tower(which confirms she will be in serious danger soon). She survived Joffrey by the skin of her teeth, what are the odds she survives a 10x worse version of him? And let's be honest, how interesting & entertaining would watching Sansa rule Winterfell be?

Jon feels a little safer, not only because he's just now coming into his own, but you have to expect him to play a pivotal role fighting off the White Walkers. Plus between Melisandre's weird interest it him, the potential Rhaegar/Targaryen connections, "Kill the boy, Jon Snow", and just the way he's very deliberately been kept front & center since the beginning, he seems significant to the lore & mythology of story in a ways we've yet to see...which is exactly why he'll probably be torn apart by that Giant clan who's elder Grenn killed as soon as he gets to Hard Home. I put absolutely fuck all past GRRM and the show runners at this point.

I'm supposed to believe that Roose Bolton can hang men, and rape their wives underneath their hanging bodies, and no one in Starkville hears anything about it? When the Mountain is rumoured (on account of some farmer's words) to have been pillaging the Riverlands; Ned Stark holds Tywin Lannister personally responsible and demands he present himself in front of him in King's Landing. What about you Ned? You want me to believe that you have a bannerman whose sigil is an upside down man who's skin is flayed, and you never bothered to keep an eye on him? The Starks are either ridiculously naive as a family, or they play fast and loose with this whole honour thing.

Well considering if Robb actually wasn't a dumbass and were in it to win the war Roose probably would not have betrayed him. Both Roose and Karstark knew they were losing the war because of Robb and as Roose said: ''He ignored my advice at every turn''. Considering how Locke treated Jaime they definately weren't in bed with the Lannisters until the end.

Robb is the one to blame for the mess in the north. After losing the Karstarks they even mention they do not have enough men without Frey to continue the war.

#teambolton

sangreal

Jon feels a little safer, not only because he's just now coming into his own, but you have to expect him to play a pivotal role fighting off the White Walkers. Plus between Melisandre's weird interest it him, the potential Rhaegar/Targaryen connections, "Kill the boy, Jon Snow", and just the way he's very deliberately been kept front & center since the beginning, he seems significant to the lore & mythology of story in a ways we've yet to see...which is exactly why he'll probably be torn apart by that Giant clan who's elder Grenn killed as soon as he gets to Hard Home. I put absolutely fuck all past GRRM and the show runners at this point.

Really? I don't think Jon is safe at all, even if it does turn out he is a Targaryen or something. Having to personally go deal with the wildlings and hope the rapists at the wall welcome him back is worrying

I still think Stannis will be the next big death though, at the hands of Brienne. That won't make sense though unless he does something to upset Melisandre again

Really? I don't think Jon is safe at all, even if it does turn out he is a Targaryen or something. Having to personally go deal with the wildlings and hope the rapists at the wall welcome him back is worrying

I still think Stannis will be the next big death though, at the hands of Brienne. That won't make sense though unless he does something to upset Melisandre again

I don't see how Brienne kills Stannis unless she like sneaks into the battle but then she would be fighting on the side of the Boltons. The only other scenario I see is if she sneaks into his camp, but she doesn't seem like the nimble type or the assassin type.

Nameless

Not safe, just a little safer than Sansa. I totally get just because someone seems important to the story going forward doesn't mean much(see Robb Stark).

I can't allow myself to believe Stannis will die before his ass kisses the Throne for at least a few seconds, so this is in no way an unbias opinion, but I don't see him losing to the Boltons or being killed by Brienne. Melisandre will probably be his downfall...she's built him up twice, but there's no reason for her to tear him down yet. Shireen is a goner, though. RIP

sangreal

I don't see how Brienne kills Stannis unless she like sneaks into the battle but then she would be fighting on the side of the Boltons. The only other scenario I see is if she sneaks into his camp, but she doesn't seem like the nimble type or the assassin type.

She could do it after the battle

I only say this because I've been rewatching the whole series, and she points out a few times (to Catelyn and Margaery are the instances I am thinking of) that she is gonna kill Stannis for what he did to Renly. If he beats the Boltons, they have to cross paths

Then she is asked to bend the knee to Stannins does not and get's her head chopped off.

That would be one hell of a twist. Out of the remaining Starks I say she is probably the one with the least amount of plot armor.

The story in and around The Wall is nothing without Jon, Arya still has loads of training to do and Bran has yet to worg a dragon (I know it in my heart that he will, lol) and Rickon is probably already dead according to the people who are running the show because they've completely left him out.

sangreal

Rickon is probably already dead according to the people who are running the show because they've completely left him out.

IDK, I'm assuming he is gonna show up one day, grown up and recast having been trained by greatjon umber

I think Bran, Daenerys and Arya are the only ones who really can't die since they obviously have future roles to play

Oh, and Melisandre I guess since her visions told her she would meet Arya again

What are you smoking? People were excited as ***** about Joffrey's death, Tyrion's trial and the whole build up to what would happen with the Mountain and Viper thing...that lasted from ep 3 to 8.

No it didn't. Those three episodes, in comparison to the insane first two, were a little slow. Plus, there was that entire "controversy" about the rape stuff, which made a lot of people very angry with that particular small part of the season.

Also, the Mountain and the Viper thing didn't last from episode 3 to 8. In fact, a lot of people were actually complaining about Tyrion's story in those three, because there had simply been conversations in his cell since episode 2. The Mountain and the Viper thing didn't really kick-start until The Laws of Gods and Men (episode 6), where everyone got hyped after Tyrion's Trial.

IDK, I'm assuming he is gonna show up one day, grown up and recast having been trained by greatjon umber

I think Bran, Daenerys and Arya are the only ones who really can't die since they obviously have future roles to play

Oh, and Melisandre I guess since her visions told her she would meet Arya again

Yeah, I think he'll show up as well, but I hope they don't recast him.

Melisandre also told Arya that she would take the lives of a few, and she told her their eye colors, since then I think Arya only killed one person.

sangreal

Yeah, I think he'll show up as well, but I hope they don't recast him.

Melisandre also told Arya that she would take the lives of a few, and she told her their eye colors, since then I think Arya only killed one person.

She has actually killed at least 3 people since then, though I doubt they count -- the one guy (my first "man") to get the camping group's food and then 2 people in the inn when she got needle back

She has actually killed at least 3 people since then, though I doubt they count -- the one guy (my first "man") to get the camping group's food and then 2 people in the inn when she got needle back

For some reason I only remembered Polliver.

-Frey Thug #2
-Lannister Thug #4
-Pollivar
-Rorge

Not sure of any of their eye colors.

Can always count on Nameless to prove just how many details, both big and small that I forget, lol.

sangreal

For some reason I only remembered Polliver.

Can always count on Nameless to prove just how many details, both big and small that I forget, lol.

Yeah, that is exactly why I am re-watching (up to halfway through season 4). Another thing still bothering me is that Jon acts like he is the last Stark heir when dealing with Stannis, but he knows Bran and Rickon are alive. I pointed this out before and people said he didn't know and I was only basing it on him seeing the dire wolves but now that I re-watch, Sam tells him straight up and that is why Locke goes to Craster's Keep with Jon (I knew Locke was going in hopes of finding Bran but I must have missed the scene where he overheard Sam telling Jon that Bran was north of the wall)

Volimar

Honestly, I thought she was just bullshitting Arya. Telling her a few vague details to make herself seem more mysterious. After what she said in her bathtub scene, it seems kind of likely.

sangreal

Honestly, I thought she was just bullshitting Arya. Telling her a few vague details to make herself seem more mysterious. After what she said in her bathtub scene, it seems kind of likely.

It's certainly possible. I thought it made sense though given Arya's obvious destiny to be a Faceless Man

Yeah, that is exactly why I am re-watching (up to halfway through season 4). Another thing still bothering me is that Jon acts like he is the last Stark heir when dealing with Stannis, but he knows Bran and Rickon are alive. I pointed this out before and people said he didn't know and I was only basing it on him seeing the dire wolves but now that I re-watch, Sam tells him straight up and that is why Locke goes to Craster's Keep with Jon (I knew Locke was going in hopes of finding Bran but I must have missed the scene where he overheard Sam telling Jon that Bran was north of the wall)

I don't really get that though. That he acts as though he's the last Stark. I definitely remember that part though, Sam telling him.

But maybe it might be because he's trying to protect them, less people know about them being alive the safer they are. Even though he should trust Stannis, he probably doesn't fully trust anyone at this point considering how many of his family members have died.

sangreal

Yes. She also went on a hunt with him and Reek in S4 and she shot a girl with an arrow.

Ah, damn, I knew she was crazy but that realization puts her on another level. She's gonna be trouble.

Another random thought: Daario 2 sucks, bring back Daario 1.

Oh, and I completely forgot they telegraphed Shireen's death in season 4 when Melisandre demands she comes with them because the lord needs her

Vashetti

Banned
Ah, damn, I knew she was crazy but that realization puts her on another level. She's gonna be trouble.

She also had that kinky sex scene with Ramsay a little later into S4 too when Yara attempted her rescue of Theon.

Did you also see the death stare she gave Sansa when she arrived at Winterfell this season?

My post from a few pages back, I can see it happening.

I've been complaining about how Stannis attacking Winterfell is just such an obvious ep 9 'megaton', so Sansa destroying the Bolton's and then Stannis turning up in ep 10 to a Stark controlled Winterfell would redeem the season completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom