• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

Can't believe something relevant happened before episode 10. Write down one must-see episode from season 5 on the eventual full series rewatch.

Anyhow, I thought the White Walkers looked terrible. Need to rewatch older episodes, maybe I'm misremembering their old look.

I thought for sure Jon was going to die there. It would have been the boldest death ever. But, no, Valyrian steel magic appears in last minute. lol

Rootbeer

Banned
Pure legend. Next week being the 9th episode should bring some huge stuff too. This episode is very rewatchable too, I love the action-heavy episodes.

Valyrian steel lives up to its name.

JB1981

I know the show was eventually headed in this direction but now that's it's here I'm not sure I want it. Too lord of the rings fantasy for me.

royalan

Shit, maybe the white walkers deserve Westeros.

Organized.

Clear Leadership.

Inspires unprecedented amounts of loyalty...

BizzyBum

That was so fucking incredible. A sorta lackluster season thus far has been totally redeemed and then some after that episode.

I had no idea that was coming, either. AND THAT KID. Legit spooked.

I'm still fucking hype from that...

Introduce the wild hunt from the witcher

lol.. exactly what I thought of when they showed the horsemen on the hilltop.

Can't believe something relevant happened before episode 10. Write down one must-see episode from season 5 on the eventual full series rewatch.

Anyhow, I thought the White Walkers looked terrible. Need to rewatch older episodes, maybe I'm misremembering their old look.

I thought for sure Jon was going to die there. It would have been the boldest death ever. But, no, Valyrian steel magic appears in last minute. lol

Yea 99% of T.V Shows most people will be like "No way Jon dies here he's too important of a character" but this show... you're like "fuck.. I don't know anymore."

Ravijn

Jaime and Brienne each have one forged from what used to be Ice. So we've got two other swords that need to make their way to the wall before this is all over.

I thought Jaime gave his sword to Brienne and Joffrey got the other one?

Edit - Found it -

Oathkeeper, the first longsword made from Ice. Given by Jaime Lannister to Brienne of Tarth.
Widow's Wail, the second longsword made from Ice. Given to Joffrey Baratheon as a wedding gift, now owned by Tommen Baratheon.

Congrats Jon, you see and survive shit like that and now probably have to deal with some petty crap when you get back to HQ rather than preparation to deal with that insanity!

Ridli

I legit thought that Arthas over there was going to freeze the lake.

But showing that he could raise an army that quickly was also incredibly chilling.

What an episode.

Curufinwe

Someone's gonna have to go back to Valyria and fire up the old steel mills.

I'm really glad I had no clue Hardhome was going to be like that.

puebla

Dammit, I hope they didn't blow the budget on that episode. The penultimate is the one that's supposed to get the loving :/ Oh well, was awesome.

How the fuck are they going to stand against that?

Jesus Christ.

Also, I quite enjoyed watching Cersei suffer. Too bad she's invincible. She'll get through this. Of course she will.

the standard GoT stuff was great and the huge fantasy battle stuff was great, but man it's getting harder and harder for me to reconcile those two elements of the show.

I legit thought that Arthas over there was going to freeze the lake.

But showing that he could raise an army that quickly was also incredibly chilling.

What an episode.

Same here! I was certain he was about to freeze it. But yeah, still raising an army was just as amazing.

Season wasn't redeemed lol. This was one fantastic episode out of 8. Still a horrible season but it could have a pretty fantastic ending to it.

I guess we saw where the budget for Dorne ended up. That was a fantastic final half hour.

Even the first half hour was great. Loved Dany and Tyrion. " I Will Break the Wheel "

God damn right. Break it in half along with the white walkers. Not a damn ruler in Westeros deserves it besides maybe the Tyrells. They seem alright.

And Arya. Good ol Arya. Get that training.

Damn good episode. More like this one please!!!!

I can already see Dany leaning about the army behind Jon Snow and going to join up with him at one point. Jon Snow and his army of dragon glass as valyrian steel + dragons against the incoming White Walker horde.

Should be great.

LF will probably start working with the Walkers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom