• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

I had no idea Valyrian steel could be used on the WW.

I think this was probably the best episode ever.

Nobody did. I don't think it had been mentioned yet. But it makes sense, if Valyrian steel is forged using dragon fire.

Gods that was amazing. That final boss pose at the end!

"Do you even lift?" "Come at me bro"

All memes possible for that pose.

Yea 99% of T.V Shows most people will be like "No way Jon dies here he's too important of a character" but this show... you're like "fuck.. I don't know anymore."

Yep, that's what so good about it. It was a mix of "no way he's gonna die" with "but it's got, so maybe..."

Something I loved about this episode was the complete contrast between those who are aware of Winter, and those who are not.

The other part of the story really means absolutely nothing if winter can reach south. Can it?

JB1981

Don't like that the Walkers are basically WWZ zombies. I thought all the Walkers we're going to be like the glimpses we got in the first season. Cold blue eyes, menacing and ethereal look. Hate the reanimated skeletons and zombie versions

Ridli

Don't like that the Walkers are basically WWZ zombies. I thought all the Walkers we're going to be like the glimpses we got in the first season. Cold blue eyes, menacing and ethereal look. Hate the reanimated skeletons and zombie versions

IM pretty sure the walkers are the tall blue dudes. The rest is just their army of the damned.

Jrmint

That episode was on a whole 'nother level.

Does anyone else feel like no other story lines in the show even matter anymore? I feel like that army is how the show will end. Unless maybe the dragons burn them all.

Something I loved about this episode was the complete contrast between those who are aware of Winter, and those who are not.

The other part of the story really means absolutely nothing if winter can reach south. Can it?

Does anyone else feel like no other story lines in the show even matter anymore? I feel like that army is how the show will end. Unless maybe the dragons burn them all.

Quoting myself, yes, I do.

royalan

How did the white walkers know what the wildlings have been up to? They can't be psychic, or else what's been stopping them from obliterating the wildlings this whole time? And I don't believe for a second that white walkers just coincidentally scheduled a massive attack at this time.

They knew Jon was coming to meet with the wildlings, and they knew why. Also, judging from the white walker general personally going to inspect the cabin, they also knew what Jon had with him. How did they know all this? This would have been interesting to explore on the show.

Ridli

Yeah, all the shit in Kings landing is just petty nonsense when an army of the dead is knocking in the wall.

Is anyone else really happily surprised that Edd survived? I saw sure he was a goner! It was so obvious that that Wilding woman was going to get killed as soon as they showed that scene of her saying goodbye to her daughters.

JJP12

I was so nervous the White Walkers were going to freeze the water at the end. All I could think in my head was row the damn boat guys!

Yeah, they have no idea what's coming. And there may even be more than what we just saw if that's even possible.

I don't envy Jon, no doubt he'll have to deal with some bullshit on the level of petty after what he just saw and survived when he gets back to HQ lol.

RedStep

I know the show was eventually headed in this direction but now that's it's here I'm not sure I want it. Too lord of the rings fantasy for me.

The series literally opened on a slaughter by white walkers. Not sure what you thought it was going to be after that?

Curufinwe

Dragons...

It's the only answer. Danny + Jon it's inevitable.

Dragons, yes. But maybe not just in the way we'd expect. Maybe they are the key to being able to mass produce Valyrian steel swords. And perhaps someone will need to go back to Old Valyria to find a record of how the Vayrians made their special steel. Of course, it's infested with stone men. So you'd need someone who was a great fighter, and knew how to deal with them.

adarker

Banned
Damn! Where has this show been all year? That was chilling, captivating stuff. Even the Tyrion/Jorah/Dany stuff was pretty good.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Another boring episode, I don't know why I keep watching. Dany still stuck, aria still training, didn't even see Stannis. Sansa did nothing, I guess she learned the truth about Bran and Rickon, but that's it.

Just kidding.

I am so glad the white walkers showed up and were an insane force that could wipe out all of humanity. I guess I predicted it, and as soon as the women told her kids she was right behind them I knew something was coming, but I was still blown away. I guess we know where the budget and the fight choreographers have been. We even saw Bran albeit in flashback.

Rootbeer

Banned
I can already tell, the wait between Seasons 5 and 6 will be more unbearable than before, since things are rolling along much better from this point onward. This episode really set us on a new momentum with Dany/Tyrion and Jon's threads that are sure to impact all the other threads soon.

Dragons, yes. But maybe not in the way we'd expect. Maybe they are the key to being able to mass produce Valyrian steel swords. And perhaps someone will need to go back to Old Valyria to find a record of how the Vayrians made their special steel. Of course, it's infested with stone men. So you'd need someone who was a great fighter, and knew how to deal with them.

Wow, great thinking.

Someone who is a great fighter and already infected? There might be hope for Sir hopeless afterall.

Ovid

How did the white walkers know what the wildlings have been up to? They can't be psychic, or else what's been stopping them from obliterating the wildlings this whole time? And I don't believe for a second that white walkers just coincidentally scheduled a massive attack at this time.

They knew Jon was coming to meet with the wildlings, and they knew why. Also, judging from the white walker general personally going to inspect the cabin, they also knew what Jon had with him. How did they know all this? This would have been interesting to explore on the show.
I think it was a coincidence.

If not, maybe they do know what they're doing. I mean Craster was giving them babies and shit.

I think one of the main points of the incoming supernatural Walker army is stating how meaningless and in the end harmful the politics and backstabbing and warmongering in Westeros has been. In the end, everyone will die to the Walker army as it kills soldiers and gets new soldiers of its own in return.

The stubbornness of those Wildlings got them all killed, and in return added their number to the already overwhelming army.

So yeah. How much better off would Westeros be with Ned Stark to fight for it. With a 2 handed Jamie Lannister to fight for it. With a united North to join the Nights Watch to fight for it. For an army with Dragons to fight for it.

But nope. The basic human need to kill everyone else until they are on the throne will have diminished Westeros to the point of helplessness

The white walkers are going to slaughter everyone......
Except my girl Sansa!
And that other stark kid no ones remembers or cares about...

Prediction:

Bran will finish his "Warg" training next season and be able to Warg into any creature. There's a reason why Drogon is flying around randomly, Bran is about to Warg into that bad boy and f*** up some White Walkers. Bran is going to F L Y

Loakum

Banned
Finally seeing the Army of the Dead in action....there is a chance everybody will die! It was so perfect how they all moved as a violent storm! It's gonna be torture when this season ends, and we have to wait 9 months until season 6 starts....

Flandy

Dragons, yes. But maybe not just in the way we'd expect. Maybe they are the key to being able to mass produce Valyrian steel swords. And perhaps someone will need to go back to Old Valyria to find a record of how the Vayrians made their special steel. Of course, it's infested with stone men. So you'd need someone who was a great fighter, and knew how to deal with them.

This has me thinking. What if Ser Jorah is actually immune to dragonscale I think it's called (whatever he contracted from the stone men) and he's charged with leading an expedition into the city?

Rootbeer

Banned
Prediction:

Bran will finish his "Warg" training next season and be able to Warg into any creature. There's a reason why Drogon is flying around randomly, Bran is about to Warg into that bad boy and f*** up some White Walkers. Bran is going to F L Y

That fits well and I'm really excited to see Bran & Hodor come back into the story.

It feels pretty for sure that they'll return next season because they can't keep delaying them for much longer, despite the books.

I mean, we still know they are ending this with season 7 right (due to reports online)? Once you know that then you can fill in a lot of pieces.

Man if the key to saving everyone lives is fucking Jorah..... lulz. I feel like the Stark family or people associated with them is the key to stomping the white walker since they are like kings of the north etc...

Holy shit. I was declaring this a lost season, meaning I thought it would be looked back on as easily the worst. I was not at all expecting to see my favorite episode ever of this show tonite. The Tyrion and Daenerys stuff was satisfying as is seeing Cersei slurp water off the dirty floor. But that Hardhome scene... I love the mystique that the white walkers have and I thought the glance of them on horseback on top the mountain in the distance was all we were going to get. Seeing the Ice King in a full scene for the first time was so cool. It blew seeing that one woman die but the whole thing really hammered home how formidable the White Walkers can be and I bet that wasn't even a full army. This is what I watch this show for, not just the action but for the awesome fantasy stuff like a Valeryian steel sword shattering a white walker and an Ice King raising the dead like a badass.

BizzyBum

Jon getting to see what they're really facing...too bad everyone back home is gonna be super petty when he gets back.

Yeah, after seeing that battle, it shows how petty the politics and conflicts in Westeros really are compared to the White Walker threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom